• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bananija

Count of Trickery
There you go; -- My attempt to do justice to his original design; I tried my best. (the belly reflection didn't end very well for my tastes); But I hope you guys enjoy!

I was going to make a HUD and percentage, but I thought would be nicer this simpler; probably I'll make the Alt. Colors though;

and here is the individual render; (and below for the comparison, the Paon one I made before);

This is simply gorgeous! Great work here Cyberwolf! He looks awesome! You deserve the...wait for it...
seal of approval.png

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
There you go; -- My attempt to do justice to his original design; I tried my best. (the belly reflection didn't end very well for my tastes); But I hope you guys enjoy!

I was going to make a HUD and percentage, but I thought would be nicer this simpler; probably I'll make the Alt. Colors though;

and here is the individual render; (and below for the comparison, the Paon one I made before);

****ing amazing. Please make more

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Brilliant, and it's blowing up on Twitter, too. Can't wait to see color swaps and whatnot for it in the future, since I'm sure those will be just as well received.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Brilliant, and it's blowing up on Twitter, too. Can't wait to see color swaps and whatnot for it in the future, since I'm sure those will be just as well received.
Thanks BKupa! I'll try to reproduce the Kremlings colors tomorrow; --but of course, I'll be open to suggestions, if I can handle, I'll do. =)

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
This isn't true. It was simply a mistranslation that circulated that the Ice Climbers were given up after a while because of lack of a future. Also, he said he tried everything he could.

EDIT: Whoops, beaten to the punch.
@JaidynReiman too:
Thanks for the link. It's disheartening to see Sakurai talk about them like that, but it is what it is. Still, I would like people to continue to vote for the IC so as to avoid giving the impression that their absence was not a loss. Also, from the recent interview:

Q: xx isn’t in the game?

Even if I cram in as many fighters as I can, there are some people who are focused on the few who didn’t make it back. Among them are the Ice Climbers, who were playable during development on the Wii U. However, moving the two as a pair required significant processing power. The 3DS was already being pushed to its limit, and I couldn’t get them to work no matter how hard I tried, so I gave up on them. The other fighters had to be whittled and pared down until I could get them to work, so it was simply unavoidable.
Also, characters and series that have no plans for future releases, or a low possibility of future releases, inevitably will be considered lower priority. Furthermore, transferring them from Melee would be difficult because the original data is old.​

This refers to the Ice Climbers, clear as ice (pun intended), suggesting this was a factor in some way. I do find it odd he mentions their doomed franchise after he says he couldn't make them work no matter what, as if that weren't enough reason for their exclusion. Whether they're low or high priority should be entirely irrelevant if the (insurmountable) issue is hardware limitations. If Mario himself couldn't work on the 3DS, his fame wouldn't be able to save him - unless he were changed. Perhaps he's referring to altering the IC as characters (creating a single IC, as some have suggested) or some other alteration from their original, impossible form, an idea not followed up on because they are "lower priority."

In any case, I'll end my off-topic Ice Climber defending. Go K. Rool! Slay the competition! Do it for Ridley, for the cut veterans, for little Jimmy shining shoes at the corner store! I'm a fan of reptile characters, so the more the merrier. Yoshi, Bowser and Charizard just aren't enough. And that One of Us song is bizarrely catchy...

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

That looks awesome. Really great work!

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
The Kremlinators. a cyborg Kremling. Takes one jump to kill, but they come with tricky to dodge attacks, like missiles and lazers, to make you think twice about just jumping in to clobber 'em.
ooh what about a minjy jongo-like boss fight where the kongs reach "k. rools" room when as you fight him you see bits of his flesh falling off... revealing a robotic doppelganger! then when you defeat him the whole palace crumbles... and you see the flying croc attempting to get away... funky kong comes in with a barrel fighter jet and you have this huge shootout which ends in grounding the flying croc... then they go inside and fight the real k. rool in the wreckage of his once-proud ship.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I will say one thing-
I've seen support for K.Rool increase like ten fold ever since this costume thing

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I finally got to play Smash U
I went straight to a 64-man 1-on-1 Tournament
As Crazy Orders Mario (Home Run Bat, Quick Batter, First Strike invincibility + Fast Fireball)
I won every match without losing a stock at all, broke everyone's shield atleast once, and taunted every time I got a kill
Everyone was certainly salty

And then I felt like a giant Cheater so I went to another 64-man 4-For-All Tournament as 1231 Kirby (Hammer Bash + Upper Cutter) and no equipment
I somehow won every match without losing a stock even though everyone but me was using equipment of some kind

So...
GG! They weren't prepared!
:mariomelee::kirbymelee:

(I also met a Miiverse user who was notorious for swearing, he was my 2nd fight as Crazy Orders Mario, I broke his shield on his last stock, taunted twice and killed 'im)

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
(I also met a Miiverse user who was notorious for swearing, he was my 2nd fight as Crazy Orders Mario, I broke his shield on his last stock, taunted twice and killed 'im)
I wonder how many times he swore after that.

I have not played tournament mode yet because i'm not around my Wii U until Monday because of a vacation:glare:

BTW, not to brag-- oh who am i kidding i'll brag!

I have crazy order versions of every character!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's a bit of a poor attempt, but I may as well share the art I've been using as my avatar lately. I originally intended it to be a full body image, but I ran into some 'technical' difficulties during the process and ended up cropping it down to a mugshot.

It's really nice to see so much new blood around, it reminds me of the Rayman fiasco when Omni came out about his "leak." Instead of people coming in and taunting us about it (there were a few, but not many), we had an influx of people giving support just to help a hurt group out, and I'm seeing a lot of the same here with people joining the Kutthroats without being proper fans.

It always warms my heart to see people on the internet being kind to others for a change.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
ooh what about a minjy jongo-like boss fight where the kongs reach "k. rools" room when as you fight him you see bits of his flesh falling off... revealing a robotic doppelganger! then when you defeat him the whole palace crumbles... and you see the flying croc attempting to get away... funky kong comes in with a barrel fighter jet and you have this huge shootout which ends in grounding the flying croc... then they go inside and fight the real k. rool in the wreckage of his once-proud ship.
I thought a robotic "Kroolinator" would be a kool kostume for K. Rool. Maybe he looks totally mutilated in his first appearance, but it's later revealed he just added a bunch of robot attachments to his already whole body for extra weaponry, when really, he's totally undamaged bodily.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I wonder how many times he swore after that.
Well he was at 0% when I broke his shield (IE he could regain his composure (He was Sonic) in a matter of seconds while I was taunting twice) but he wasn't moving an inch
So he probably chucked his controller somewhere and started swearing to everything :drshrug:
C'mon, Tournament People! You gotta Be Prepared for equipment!
s/o to @ BKupa666 BKupa666 for the Be Prepared video

D

Deleted member

(dramatic music)
In moments of despair, in moments of depression, there's always a small light of hope, we will make it shine, we will make it big, powerfull and visible as possible.

Im not the most optimistic person in this thread, i tend to be somewhat depressive and cynical in my life. But then there's those moments that i wouldn't turn back and would never let it go.

Sometimes, those moments of faith in my mind and heart payed off (:4feroy::4mewtwo::4littlemac::4lucas:) i may not always win, but i will try, dear god i will try.

Kutthroats, for some of you it may be the moment to give up, but for others like us, it's the moment to bring it one at FULL FORCE.

Ever since i visited this thread, i always saw King K.Rool in a good position (expet for the ESRB leak, in which i was so desperate to know about Mewtwo's fate) and that will not change right now. Not until is see that the Ballot is over.

If we have to give K.Rool a future, so be it. This is the time, the moment of Thruth and we are NOT going to give up until the Fat Krock Sings.

When Smash 5 speculation comes out, the King better be a veteran, and he better be one of the most beloved ones.

If not, then try, try, try, try, try and try and never show angst, always be cunning, inspirational and expressive.

I want to see the King's trailer when this Ballot ends, and he better be absolute hype

Sakurai may not choose K.Rool, but whenever he changes his mind about some character that he originally rejected, we will show him the true Starpower of the King.

Show how much King K. Rool means to you and everyone else in this community and show them who's the true King!

#KrockTheVote

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I feel that sooner than we think there's going to be a security breach, and our king will be visible behind the curtain.

D

Deleted member

Well to be honest the "loud light" thing was supposed to be symbolic rather than to be taken literally. I have to work on my motivational speechs. (Still, thanks for the like @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , i really appreciate it)

Misunderstandings aside, i have serious question for EVERYBODY that's viewing this thread. (and i mean literally everybody)

¿Do you still have hope on K.Rool?

This is something that i really want to know right now. Like, for real this time (that includes you @ Bedoop Bedoop )

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Do you still have hope on K.Rool?
Yes.
Considering he wins the award for "Most requested Ballot winner in every Ballot ever" award 2 years in the running, methinks it's impossible for him not to be a fighter.

Unless Leo Luster breaks into Sakurai's house at night and forces him to halt all development on King K.
Then I don't know what do say then :drshrug:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Well to be honest the "loud light" thing was supposed to be symbolic rather than to be taken literally. I have to work on my motivational speechs. (Still, thanks for the like @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , i really appreciate it)

Misunderstandings aside, i have serious question for EVERYBODY that's viewing this thread. (and i mean literally everybody)

This is something that i really want to know right now. Like, for real this time (that includes you @ Bedoop Bedoop )
i do :) fighting even harder now

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
[quote Speedwagon, post: 19812206, member: 320685"]Well to be honest the "loud light" thing was supposed to be symbolic rather than to be taken literally. I have to work on my motivational speechs. (Still, thanks for the like @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , i really appreciate it)

This is something that i really want to know right now. Like, for real this time (that includes you @ Bedoop Bedoop )[/quote]
Yes. Definitely he's not one of my picks but when he comes out I'll sure as hell be spending my money for some....Krock..I'm ashamed.

Morbi

Scavenger

Yes, honestly, I was expecting some sort of announcement in regard to his inclusion (such as the Mewtwo one prior to launch); however, I still have hope. It is difficult to fathom that he will be ignored despite his blatant popularity. Fan-service may or may not be Mii skins to Sakurai, but I doubt most people would define that costume as fan-service. Ha ha.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Um would the idea of k rool being a speedy heavy weight be a possibility ?
Well we already got :4bowser: as one of the faster characters so I don't see what the problem is having a King K. that runs around as fast as :4fox: (4th fastest, followed by 3:4littlemac:2:4falcon:1:4sonic:)

It could be fun having a Heavyweight that actually runs fast, jumps high, and DOESN'T have a horizontal-focused recovery (Ahem :4bowser::4dk:) :dr^_^:

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Nope. This was a poor attempt at Sakurai trying to please us and that is all. He doesn't want to make K Rool and the costume has only been made because of his popularity in the ballot. Why else would they make this costume. But don't get me wrong guys, I'm sticking here until the very end and I'll do whatever I can to still support him, I got nothing to lose.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I've still got faith in K.Rool, but I've got to study, otherwise I won't have much faith in my religion exam tomorrow.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Replace DK with the Fighter Ballot, one of the Kremlings in the minecart (Not King K.) with Sakurai, the Crystal Coconut with a Fighter Slot and Candy Kong with Palutena and you have an accurate representation of what I DON'T want happening :drshrug:

StormC

Smash Hero
Less so than before. Before I'd give it a 75% chance or so and now I'm down to 50/50 at best. But I won't go down without a fight.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

Looks FANtastik!

Top Bottom