• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

DO YOU LOVE ME NOW, SAKURAI??
Raphael K. Rool.

Also, made this as a Bowser victory post comment on miiverse after beating King Dedede and Ganondorf(don't take it too hard Kirby and Zelda fans, I love them both too)on the miiverse stage.

bowser wants k. rool.png

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'm totally gonna make a DK comment that says "Hi, I'm DK. All of my bananas belong to the devilishly handsome King K. Rool, who is infinitely superior to me.":4dk:
Yes, that was my sad attempt at being funny.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If Diddy Kong Racing 2 is announced at E3, there's a good chance King K. Rool might be in the game. Either as a playable racer or replacing Wizpig as the main antagonist.

If K. Rool returns it would be more incentive for Smash.

D

Deleted member

After the Direct , I'm not even sure I would buy K.Rool if he was released as DLC... seriously, everything is so overpriced ... I'm not sure I can't give my support to those kind of practice.

cybersai

Smash Ace
After the Direct , I'm not even sure I would buy K.Rool if he was released as DLC... seriously, everything is so overpriced ... I'm not sure I can't give my support to those kind of practice.
Its only $3.99 if you only want him for one version. $4 is nothing.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I agree that the DLC is overpriced, but I'd pay like $69.99 for K. Rool. That's how badly I want him in the game.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I would pay... 10 dollars, maybe. Although, for me, it's kinda cheating, because my brother and I split costs.

D

Deleted member

It's still really overpriced for one character. Even if I'm currently broke, I can afford 4 euros... but we already are at half the price of the original game for only 4 characters and two stages (I'm not even counting cosmetic DLCs). This is wrong and toxic for the industry.
Seriously, they charge 2 dollars/euros for barely reworked N64 stages ! It's the work of 2 interns for a week at best.

StormC

Smash Hero
5 dollars for a character is pretty standard in the fighting game industry. I can't speak for stages.

D

Deleted member

Because it's standard doesn't mean it's right (especially when Smash Bros characters and are easier to produce... even more for veterans). Dead or Alive and other games are even worse.
Nintendo was on the right way with Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors: fair priced packs full of content reminiscent of expansion packs from the old times... and then they took a huge step back with Smash Bros to venture into awful microtransactions territory.

Honestly, I'm so sad and sickened by their politics that I'm considering not buying my most wanted character... that means something.
Paying for a K.Rool amiibo? Sure. But I can wait for the next game to play K.Rool if it means not supporting this.
Sadly, since the e-shop broke, you can expect the next Smash bros to have less content in the base game and more additionnal content like this.

plrichard

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't have much issue with the pricing...except for the fact that Ryu is only available for a dollar extra with a stage. I would've bought the stage anyway so it doesn't affect me, but I don't understand not offering it separately.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I honestly don't have much issue with the pricing...except for the fact that Ryu is only available for a dollar extra with a stage. I would've bought the stage anyway so it doesn't affect me, but I don't understand not offering it separately.
Its 2 dollars higher

And its morely that hes the most advanced character of them all

He has a short :GCA: and a long :GCA: attacks

And a stick combination with :GCA: versions of the :GCB: attacks (except for down) (well besides cancelling the strike with dash.)

But stages are 2 bucks for 1 version and 3 bucks for both

And i don't care what bullets you guys shoot at me but

I think 4.99 is reasonable price for each character

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Take into account the DLC characters also have no customs.
They're being sold incomplete. At least with MK X I get a complete character (Goro was still a scummy move though).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Got my babies
:4feroy::4lucas:<3
Ryu can take a hike
All I need for DLC is Dream Land 64 :grin:

I'll probably make a King K. Rool post on the Support DK community
I've been part of the Kutthroats for a while now (Albeit I haven't posted much as of late), so why not support the cause? :b:

plrichard

Smash Cadet
Its 2 dollars higher

And its morely that hes the most advanced character of them all

He has a short :GCA: and a long :GCA: attacks

And a stick combination with :GCA: versions of the :GCB: attacks (except for down) (well besides cancelling the strike with dash.)

But stages are 2 bucks for 1 version and 3 bucks for both

And i don't care what bullets you guys shoot at me but

I think 4.99 is reasonable price for each character
I really hope it's more because of the stage than the character being complicated, because I'm really not ok with that. There should be a flat rate for characters and a flat rate for stages. It's not the consumer's fault that hey decided to make Ryu more complicated. Does that mean if K. Rool gets all his different costumes, then he'll cost $10?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's still really overpriced for one character. Even if I'm currently broke, I can afford 4 euros... but we already are at half the price of the original game for only 4 characters and two stages (I'm not even counting cosmetic DLCs). This is wrong and toxic for the industry.
Seriously, they charge 2 dollars/euros for barely reworked N64 stages ! It's the work of 2 interns for a week at best.
I think your really underestimating the amount of work that is required to make this stuff. They have a small team working on DLC a small team that has already made 4 characters a bunch of costume pieces for Miis and stages now. The same amount of work went into these things as anything else in the original game. Programmers are payed for their time to make all this stuff possible and the price reflects the work. If they were charging $10 per character I'd say that's too much but $5? If be hard pressed to say that's an outrageous price. Yea Mario Kart was cheaper but that's a whole different type of game. I do think it would be smart to offer a season pass for Smash but I'd wouldn't say the prices are horrible.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think your really underestimating the amount of work that is required to make this stuff. They have a small team working on DLC a small team that has already made 4 characters a bunch of costume pieces for Miis and stages now. The same amount of work went into these things as anything else in the original game. Programmers are payed for their time to make all this stuff possible and the price reflects the work. If they were charging $10 per character I'd say that's too much but $5? If be hard pressed to say that's an outrageous price. Yea Mario Kart was cheaper but that's a whole different type of game. I do think it would be smart to offer a season pass for Smash but I'd wouldn't say the prices are horrible.
I would have preferred to be able to buy Ryu and his stage separately.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
So, I think Wolf and the Ballot Winner will take the last two spots. It just seems so strange to have Lucas and Roy back but not Wolf.

StormC

Smash Hero
So, I think Wolf and the Ballot Winner will take the last two spots. It just seems so strange to have Lucas and Roy back but not Wolf.
Nah. I disagree for several reasons:

1) Sakurai mentioned during the interview where he said Bowser Jr. almost didn't make it that there were several cut characters he was keeping a lid on. I suspect what we're seeing so far is them.
2) Iwata said the ballot will be used for characters. A minor point, but a noteworthy one.
3) 3DS CSS maxes out at 55 character slots before needing the DLC arrows. I think the six Marios are six characters that were planned and didn't make it.
4) Assuming Wolf comes out later this year, we could be waiting quite a while before the ballot character is created and ready to present. I'm talking half a year or so. That's a long time to go after several back to back character announcements.

I'm thinking Mario 5 and 6 will show up towards the end of this year and the start of the next year, then we'll see ballot stuff.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Maybe it's me not getting my hopes up for more than 6 DLC characters. But if everyone here is confident that we will get two more preplanned characters, like adding Wolf and Chorus Kids to Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu...and THEN adding multiple ballot winners seems like a dream come true. It would make me even more confident for K Rool's chances if they pick multiple winners. Not that I'm not confident that he's number 1 or close to it, but it's nice knowing a cushion exists.

StormC

Smash Hero
Wolf probably has him beat, unless you don't count Wolf and assume he's pre-planned.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So do you guys think we'll see DKC 1 at this Nintendo world championship? As I'm watching this I'm just dying to see it, Reggie was playing it in the announcement video :p

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So do you guys think we'll see DKC 1 at this Nintendo world championship? As I'm watching this I'm just dying to see it, Reggie was playing it in the announcement video :p
I'm watching it for new announcements.

Wolf probably has him beat, unless you don't count Wolf and assume he's pre-planned.
I'm only counting newcomers.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So can we get off this DLC spot argument/discussion? really brings the thread down guys. No matter HOW MANY dlc supposed "character spots" there are or aren't today should be a fun day. #NintendoWorldChampionship #Roy,Ryu,Lucas FUN!

StormC

Smash Hero
Lucas feels good except he reminds me why I don't play as the PSI kids: PK Thunder. Hate trying to recover with that move.

Roy's recovery is similarly awful but he's a heavyhitter and as a Ganondorf player I appreciate this. They did a great job sprucing up his moves and visuals; makes Lucina look even worse.

Ryu is kinda stiff overall and he still has a general feeling of clashing with the game, but I'm pretty excited for what he might bring to the meta. Advanced Ryu gameplay could be incredible to watch. Also Shoryuken feels fantastic to land.

Anyone else we won't get any particularly exciting DLC stages? Basically not stuff with a lot going on in it. Contrast 3D Land to Suzaku Castle (though Castle is a gorgeous stage).

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I've been having trouble streaming the Nintendo Direct, and I COMPLETELY MISSED HYRULE CASTLE!....and that awful Mario stage but that's okay. Oh wow...August is going to be a great month. We got Hyrule Castle stage, Peach's Castle stage, Tourny Mode, miipost/youtube sharing replays and a truck load of amiibos on the way.

With more stages coming (Sakurai did say they're running out of stages, but Sakurai is Sakurai), I can only salivate at what characters we will be in store for.

As for stages, they -might- accompany newcomers like Ryu and his castle. Still hoping for a Gangplank Galleon stage to go with K. Rool.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I've been having trouble streaming the Nintendo Direct, and I COMPLETELY MISSED HYRULE CASTLE!....and that awful Mario stage but that's okay. Oh wow...August is going to be a great month. We got Hyrule Castle stage, Peach's Castle stage, Tourny Mode, miipost/youtube sharing replays and a truck load of amiibos on the way.

With more stages coming (Sakurai did say they're running out of stages, but Sakurai is Sakurai), I can only salivate at what characters we will be in store for.
If the April data is anything to go off of, 7 planned DLC stages on 3DS, so Miiverse doesn't count.

Dreamland, Suzaku Castle, Hyrule Castle, Peach 64.

Top Bottom