• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Onoy in that game the DLC characters were included in Ultimate a few months later meaning it was a ripoff
I still haven't bought UMVC3 despite the fact that I have MVC3... I could probably buy the former for dirt cheap nowadays...

But who cares, I WANT SHANTAE AND K. ROOL IN SMASH!

StormC

Smash Hero
Onoy in that game the DLC characters were included in Ultimate a few months later meaning it was a ripoff
Eh. Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 happened because of production issues following the 2011 earthquake/tsunami. Otherwise the rest of the characters would have just been DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I mean, we just got Tropical Freeze. We'd be lucky to get any sort of new DK game.
I fully disagree. Spinoffs. We didn't get spinoffs after Returns because it only just got revived. I definitely think DK will start getting spinoffs again, though. I'd be shocked if there was NO DK related game whatsoever this year.

D

Deleted member

Even if there are only three stages left, I still think a new DK stage is plausible if we get King K. Rool and/or Dixie Kong. I would be very disappointed if all stages aside from Suzaku Castle were just returning stages (thought I want Fourside to return...).
If there's no new DKC in this E3, I regard the E3 as a big time fraud.
I don't see how anyone can say that with Mother 1 of all things getting re-released, which I considered to be the best possible E3 announcement Nintendo could have made. Even if there is nothing DK-related, there are a lot of reasons to be hopeful for this year's E3.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yopu know, I wonder...where do some people get the assumption that the DK franchise isn't all that popular over in Japan?
Conscious or subconscious revisionist history, of the same variety of "Dark Pit is really, really popular in Japan." Not true, just reconciliation for what ended up being in the final game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yopu know, I wonder...where do some people get the assumption that the DK franchise isn't all that popular over in Japan?
Well, the general sentiment is that Japan gets what it wants. It follows that if DK hasn't receive much content, there must be little demand for it.

:231:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
  1. You're assuming there is no more pre-ballot DLC (which Isaac and Wolf have a fair chance of being.)
  2. We don't know where the poll was taken.
  3. Shantae climbed over K. Rool only in the last couple of weeks - which I think has to do heavily with Smashified hinting at her.
Don't really lose hope on this. If it helps, K. Rool (along with Isaac) have consistently been at the top/close to the top.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wolf + Mystery Newcomer (possibly Rhythm Heaven) for our last bit of Pre-Ballot DLC.

3-5 ballot characters, all newcomers.

K. Rool, Isaac, Inklings, Bandana Dee, Dixie, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Shantae as your main pool for characters.

That's my theory, anyways.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Wolf + Mystery Newcomer (possibly Rhythm Heaven) for our last bit of Pre-Ballot DLC.

3-5 ballot characters, all newcomers.

K. Rool, Isaac, Inklings, Bandana Dee, Dixie, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Shantae as your main pool for characters.

That's my theory, anyways.
Speaking of Shantae... guess who's been smashified? :grin:

(Isn't she adorable?)
Yay! That means the two characters I care about have been smashified! Now I just have to hope that, against all odds, they'll both get in.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yet here you are buying it with the rest of us. :)

Also, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's DLC was 5 dollars per character, for what it's worth.
Me buying the Mario Kart 8 DLC: "This is a great value. It makes me want to keep playing this series." And because of that DLC and my overall enjoyment of Mario Kart 8 and its' fair pricing tactics, I plan on buying Mario Kart DS on the Wii U and Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS fairly soon.

Me buying the Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U: "This is a terrible value, especially after buying one game split into two for $100 plus a $20 GameCube Adapter. I'm probably never buying another Smash game after this." And you know what=??? I probably never am going to, so I'll take this short-term loss.

MvC3's DLC policy was due to economic weirdness at the time, as well as likely the expensive deal of having to work with Marvel and Disney. Disney is not a fun company to work with in regards to paying hefty royalties. I get there may be some of that with the 3rd party content, but past that I don't get the pricing.
Shantae is never happening, so I don't see that's a big deal. Isaac fills a completely different niche from K. Rool, so that's not a "threat" for K. Rool per say.

K. Rool should be the runaway favorite, or in the top 2 for newcomers that actually could happen (aka not Geno, Shantae, or Rare -owned characters). I don't see what the concern is, as all the polling shows this.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's nothing to be concerned about. Isaac does beat K. Rool occasionally - on western polls. Certainly not in Japan.

And Shantae...well, an indie western third party is just that. I think a third party would have to DOMINATE the polls before Sakurai even considered it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
  1. You're assuming there is no more pre-ballot DLC (which Isaac and Wolf have a fair chance of being.)
  2. We don't know where the poll was taken.
  3. Shantae climbed over K. Rool only in the last couple of weeks - which I think has to do heavily with Smashified hinting at her.
Don't really lose hope on this. If it helps, K. Rool (along with Isaac) have consistently been at the top/close to the top.

First of all, we might get multiple characters, second, we don't know if this is legit, third, if it IS legit...I wouldn't even be mad, I ****ing love the Shantae games and Isaac
Me buying the Mario Kart 8 DLC: "This is a great value. It makes me want to keep playing this series." And because of that DLC and my overall enjoyment of Mario Kart 8 and its' fair pricing tactics, I plan on buying Mario Kart DS on the Wii U and Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS fairly soon.

Me buying the Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U: "This is a terrible value, especially after buying one game split into two for $100 plus a $20 GameCube Adapter. I'm probably never buying another Smash game after this." And you know what=??? I probably never am going to, so I'll take this short-term loss.

MvC3's DLC policy was due to economic weirdness at the time, as well as likely the expensive deal of having to work with Marvel and Disney. Disney is not a fun company to work with in regards to paying hefty royalties. I get there may be some of that with the 3rd party content, but past that I don't get the pricing.

Shantae is never happening, so I don't see that's a big deal. Isaac fills a completely different niche from K. Rool, so that's not a "threat" for K. Rool per say.

K. Rool should be the runaway favorite, or in the top 2 for newcomers that actually could happen (aka not Geno, Shantae, or Rare -owned characters). I don't see what the concern is, as all the polling shows this.

Thats only because of the guy who ruined the hype for roy and ryu yestersday (the sound files one not the videos)

2 more with ryu and roy anf lucas added

1 of them is no question wolf

But i did not give up because i have a theory of 1st 2nd and 3rd place become the final dlc characters for smash 4

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I'm doubting a DK stage as DLC now. Unless its Kongo Jungle GCN.
I wouldn't expect this to show up as DLC, because the 3DS version has it as one of its base stages.

That said, stranger things have happened... :)

I'm not sure if Miiverse Stage is the best idea ever or the worst idea ever. They clearly don't filter these posts at all.
They do, but for it to happen, one must use the report button from within Miiverse itself, which is a huge inconvenience, since it would involve having to actually find the problem posts once you've finished playing.

I'm really surprised that they didn't implement an in-game one, here, as other games that let such content into a user's game, such as recent Animal Crossing titles, do offer such a thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thats only because of the guy who ruined the hype for roy and ryu yestersday (the sound files one not the videos)

2 more with ryu and roy anf lucas added

1 of them is no question wolf

But i did not give up because i have a theory of 1st 2nd and 3rd place become the final dlc characters for smash 4
I meant it's possible we'll get multiple Ballot characters, didn't Iwata and Sakurai use plurals?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Isaac and K. Rool have always been battling it out for the top spot. The blonde swordsman and crazy croc king have been duking it out since the ballot began actually. Shovel Knight only briefly surpassed him with his Smashified. Shantae, while always usually hovering in the lower top 10-15 is getting a spike in popularity after her Smashified. I suspect that will bottom out eventually. I'd love for Shantae to be in the game, her games seem good (though I haven't played them) and I like the mindset of her developers, but if anyone's almost guaranteed to be there is Isaac and K. Rool, those two are the only ones who really stay consistent other than Wolf.

Krystal doesn't do very well in the Western out take polls but she apparently, and I don't know this for sure, does very well in Japan. Better than Isaac at any rate, but sometimes not even as good as K. Rool (though none of them compared to vets, which score higher there, ESPECIALLY Roy, who is now in)

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I fancy myself a fairly hardcore gamer, especially when it comes to Nintendo. The first time I heard of Isaac, it was on the Brawl Dojo when they showed his AT. The only reason I know who Shantae is because of this site. My point is that K. Rool is way more known to the masses than those two, and the masses are probably what's going to decide what we get as ballot characters instead of the vocal minorities you find on the internet. If a Nintendo fanboy has little to no awareness of those two, then your average Smash voter probably won't either.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I fancy myself a fairly hardcore gamer, especially when it comes to Nintendo. The first time I heard of Isaac, it was on the Brawl Dojo when they showed his AT. The only reason I know who Shantae is because of this site. My point is that K. Rool is way more known to the masses than those two, and the masses are probably what's going to decide what we get as ballot characters instead of the vocal minorities you find on the internet. If a Nintendo fanboy has little to no awareness of those two, then your average Smash voter probably won't either.
Shantae's first game was stupidly obscure and rare before Risky's Revenge getting attention

Burruni

Smash Hero
Shantae's first game was stupidly obscure and rare before Risky's Revenge getting attention
And then Risky's Revenge was one of very few games people praised on the DSiWare... and most of the others were also done by WayForward.

Pirate's Curse is STILL an up-played 3DS Indie game.

And then Half-Genie Hero is one of the original KickStarter Trio Stars.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And then Risky's Revenge was one of very few games people praised on the DSiWare... and most of the others were also done by WayForward.

Pirate's Curse is STILL an up-played 3DS Indie game.

And then Half-Genie Hero is one of the original KickStarter Trio Stars.
It's not a trio anymore is it? Beck, Shantae, Shovel Knight and Yooka-Laylee

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
True, Shantae might not have as much clout to throw around as other Nintendo All-Stars, but she's the big name when it comes to Indies with ties to Nintendo. Other than Shovel Knight, Shantae has a monopoly on that department. Her games are known for quality.

Your average Smashboards member will know who Shantae is and how significant she is. But who knows how the general voting population votes, and how that might or might not influence Sakurai's decision.

Also, Yooka-Laylee is insanely popular on the indie development, even if that indie team is all ex-Rare devs so they have the advantage of that experience, plus being the beloved Banjo Kazooie successor.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't know what this is
La Mulana was a game that came out on PC and was a cult hit due to being a kind of very puzzly metroidvania where your upgrades came more in weaponry than straight platforming stuff which left it to be fairly open in how you approached it. Through enough support, it got an "HD" remake which first came on WiiWare and like a year and a half alter on Steam. Known for it's down-right sadistic difficulty at points and great writing for lore and jokes combined (and DeceasedCrab playing it). It's sequel ultimately got funded through Kickstarter and hasn't given that much for updates.

Edit: The makers made a starting guide.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
OH GOD THERE'S PEOPLE"S PHONE NUMBERS BEING POSTED ON THE MIIVERSE STAGE

For Diddy: "Want Hoo Hah call me baby :)"
With an actual number below which I won't list here.

So I bet this stage won't last long.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Someone posted PENIS and yes, I too saw a 9/11 comment on there as well while I was playing on that stage. I knew this wasn't going to be a good idea.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

O.O Man, that is disgusting! I can't believe people do that on Miiverse!

Maybe you should PM me the number so I can have a talk with this guy. Nah, just kidding! I'm not really going to do that. Still, just...wow...looks like I won't be going to Miiverse anytime soon.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Good to see two months into the ballot, and even with the mentality of flavor-of-the-month-itis that the Internet has, K. Rool and Isaac are still leading the pack.

I sincerely hope we get two ballot characters, and it's both of them. I certainly wouldn't mind having Shantae either, if at all possible, but not before K. Rool and Isaac.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
O.O Man, that is disgusting! I can't believe people do that on Miiverse!

Maybe you should PM me the number so I can have a talk with this guy. Nah, just kidding! I'm not really going to do that. Still, just...wow...looks like I won't be going to Miiverse anytime soon.
You're better off that way, trust me.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The most I've done for Miiverse is post an 'edgy' Dark Pit support drawing, courtesy of my sister. When I'm back from school, I'll upload it. Other than that, Lucas got some good supports last night, while poor Sonic had the dreaded 'Sanic - Gatta go fast' drawings. (played two matches on that stage - 1st round was Lucas VS Sonic, 2nd round was Dark Pit VS Lucas. But back on topic - I fully agree - using the DK and Diddy community to show off 'Vote for K. Rool!' messages is a great idea. I heard the Wolf thread was doing that as well.)

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
The most I've done for Miiverse is post an 'edgy' Dark Pit support drawing, courtesy of my sister. When I'm back from school, I'll upload it. Other than that, Lucas got some good supports last night, while poor Sonic had the dreaded 'Sanic - Gatta go fast' drawings. (played two matches on that stage - 1st round was Lucas VS Sonic, 2nd round was Dark Pit VS Lucas. But back on topic - I fully agree - using the DK and Diddy community to show off 'Vote for K. Rool!' messages is a great idea. I heard the Wolf thread was doing that as well.)
Pfft. Sonic has it easy. Lucina's getting blamed for 9/11 and is called a terrorist, and Diddy Kong has booty call phone numbers up on his.

Top Bottom