• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else we won't get any particularly exciting DLC stages? Basically not stuff with a lot going on in it. Contrast 3D Land to Suzaku Castle (though Castle is a gorgeous stage).
I must be honest, I greatly welcome new stages that aren't bogged down with unreasonable hazards and the like (not saying 3D Land is one of these - I mean stuff in the vein of Pyrosphere and Dr. Wily's Castle). I'm absolutely loving Suzaku Castle as a breath of fresh air on that front.

Its design lends itself really well to hectic play, and reminds me of the older Smash games; It feels right at home alongside Dream Land 64, to me - instant classic in my book.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
If the April data is anything to go off of, 7 planned DLC stages on 3DS, so Miiverse doesn't count.

Dreamland, Suzaku Castle, Hyrule Castle, Peach 64.
Hehe, nice. I'd love the idea of 3 more stages after those ones. I feel like I'm going to be playing on Dreamland (for its music) and Suzaku (for its look...and music) frequently, plus them both not being incredibly annoying on the hazard front.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At this point I'm betting we won't get a new DK stage sadly, but who knows? Maybe we could get another later on.

showmeyourmoves54

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTGBIGGZ
Wolf probably has him beat, unless you don't count Wolf and assume he's pre-planned.
well K.Rool has been planned as far back as melee. I don't know if they put the description like this as a troll, or Sakurai did plan him to be there. "he's just enough of a bumbler to have gained a few fans over the years. His plan to blow up DK isles with his Blast-O-Matic just shows how unbalanced he is."

Burruni

Smash Hero

StormC

Smash Hero
My bet is new franchise characters will all get a stage bundled with them, so in Sakurai's mind, you get the whole experience.

Hope you folks are ready to put your money where your mouth is if Isaac gets announced.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My bet is new franchise characters will all get a stage bundled with them, so in Sakurai's mind, you get the whole experience.

Hope you folks are ready to put your money where your mouth is if Isaac gets announced.
Yeah, I'm doubting a DK stage as DLC now. Unless its Kongo Jungle GCN. However, a brand new franchise I think would definitely get a new stage... and they'd probably not pick many for that reason. GS is the only one I can see now.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So, since Sakurai an his team did the amount of 4 characters for DLC so far in the past 8-ish months. 1 completely new character, 2 returned veterans and 1 very overhauled veteran (talking of Roy).
I feel more relaxed and even confident that Sakurai can pull of enough characters for us to have K. Rool. Also, I really can see Dixie being a Diddy clone if she gets the Roy treatment.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, since Sakurai an his team did the amount of 4 characters for DLC so far in the past 8-ish months. 1 completely new character, 2 returned veterans and 1 very overhauled veteran (talking of Roy).
I feel more relaxed and even confident that Sakurai can pull of enough characters for us to have K. Rool. Also, I really can see Dixie being a Diddy clone if she gets the Roy treatment.
Roy isn't "very" overhauled as far as I've heard. He's mostly the same with MINOR changes. Only his appearance is overhauled.

As for new characters, I think Wolf, K. Rool, Dixie, and Isaac are very likely. Maybe Bandana Dee as well.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm not sure if Miiverse Stage is the best idea ever or the worst idea ever. They clearly don't filter these posts at all.

I feel bad for Samus and Lucina in particular. These posts are technically meant to cheer on a character, but Lucina at least is filled with hate XD

For Donkey Kong it was 10 variations of Expand Dong.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It could be either new franchises or newcomers who get packaged with new stages, depending on how things go.

K. Rool's would very clearly be Gangplank Galleon, it would just depend on whether the developers are eager to add a fourth DK stage, one that's not a jungle.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It could be either new franchises or newcomers who get packaged with new stages, depending on how things go.

K. Rool's would very clearly be Gangplank Galleon, it would just depend on whether the developers are eager to add a fourth DK stage, one that's not a jungle.
How about a King K. Rool stage that goes through all the Final Boss stages from all the Donkey Kong Country games?

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Roy isn't "very" overhauled as far as I've heard. He's mostly the same with MINOR changes. Only his appearance is overhauled.

As for new characters, I think Wolf, K. Rool, Dixie, and Isaac are very likely. Maybe Bandana Dee as well.
Maybe "very" was too much. But at least I think he got enough new animations in his attacks and got to keep his original neutral B like the doctor with his down B. Clearly a more developed clone than Lucina and something I can see working for Dixie and perhaps Daisy.
I think we can agree if Sakurai decides to make both K. Rool and Dixie in exchange of clonefying one. Dixie would be the candidate for it (if it ended the other way around, I would be hilariously surprised).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not sure if Miiverse Stage is the best idea ever or the worst idea ever. They clearly don't filter these posts at all.

I feel bad for Samus and Lucina in particular. These posts are technically meant to cheer on a character, but Lucina at least is filled with hate XD

So tell me, were these posts feature length to the point of making you expand your dong?

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I saw 'LUCINA DID 9/11' on miiverse stage. Anyone seen worse?
Little Mac was graced with burning *****.

And yet that's not worse at all, it's just lewd ...and insane.

They really need to filter this ****, or just have developer made "mii posts" and call it a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Say guys what new kremling krew boss do you want to see in a future DK game? for me I want to see a sloth type enemy boss be part of the kremling krew.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

This stage is magic. The hilarious Luigi's and Dedede support are worth every troll post.
It was for Luigi. 2 stickmans. When was on their knee.
And one of them as a big penis that sodomized the other.
Some people really have empty lifes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've seen "B*tch Please" when facing Peach. "Stupid Monkey" for Diddy. Hoo-Hah and D-Throw U-Air jokes for Diddy, and yes tons and TONS of Expand Dong jokes for DK. It was pretty amusing.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Yopu know, I wonder...where do some people get the assumption that the DK franchise isn't all that popular over in Japan?
Probably because Nintendo handed it off to an Western developer for DKCR, DKC:TF and presumably will for the next game, so obviously this means Japan hates DK, not that Nintendo just trusts Rare with the DKC IP. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If there's no new DKC in this E3, I regard the E3 as a big time fraud.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Miiverse is an awesome stage, background comments aside. Actually, all of the 3 new stages are excellent.
Suzaku Castle is incredibly nostalgic for me as a Street Fighter II fan to see, yet it looks so new and shiny. It's also got a coo layout. That stage is particularly giving me hope that a DLC DK stage would be awesome! :)
5 dollars for a character is pretty standard in the fighting game industry. I can't speak for stages.
Depends what you compare it to. After you buy Skullgirls, all subsequently released DLC has been free. If you compare it to any Arc System work fighting game or Dead or Alive, it's cheap, but those games have always had overpriced DLC. Compare it to (generally) more mainstream franchises like King of Fighters, Tekken, and Street Fighter, and it's very expensive.

To buy 3 characters (with way less moves than those in Ultra SFIV, and no custom moves either), 2 stages, and 8 outfits in Smash Wii U or 3DS, you must pay $23, or $30 for both versions to make it an equal price.

Compared to the very fair pricing of the Street Fighter IV updates/upgrades (the Ultra digital update was $15, and it came with an incredible amount of new content), and DLC and the Mario Kart 8 DLC (for cheaper in 2 packs you get 50% more courses [generally of a higher quality too] and tons of new vehicles and parts), Smash 4's DLC's price points are total rip-offs. The Smash 4 DLC is 3 times as expensive as it should be, and the Mii Fighter outfits should be sold no higher than $0.20 a piece per game, or $0.30 for one for both games.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If there's no new DKC in this E3, I regard the E3 as a big time fraud.
I mean, we just got Tropical Freeze. We'd be lucky to get any sort of new DK game.

Compared to the very fair pricing of the Street Fighter IV updates/upgrades (the Ultra digital update was $15, and it came with an incredible amount of new content), and DLC and the Mario Kart 8 DLC (for cheaper in 2 packs you get 50% more courses [generally of a higher quality too] and tons of new vehicles and parts), Smash 4's DLC's price points are total rip-offs. The Smash 4 DLC is 3 times as expensive as it should be, and the Mii Fighter outfits should be sold no higher than $0.20 a piece per game, or $0.30 for one for both games.
Yet here you are buying it with the rest of us. :)

Also, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's DLC was 5 dollars per character, for what it's worth.

Top Bottom