• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, Jeff from off of DKVine here. I'm the guy that came up with the #KrocTheVote slogan. Figured I should finally post and ask to be added to the supporter list!

StormC

Smash Hero
Hey hey hey.
At this rate :4falcon: is going to be in more Smash games than F-Zero games.
If you count the 3DS and Wii U version separately and don't count SF64DS, :4fox: has been in an equal amount of both.

Hey guys, Jeff from off of DKVine here. I'm the guy that came up with the #KrocTheVote slogan. Figured I should finally post and ask to be added to the supporter list!
Welcome Jeff! It's been a while. Though I still pop on DKVine every once in a while. Hank here.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I know, but it's funny to think about.

Also applies to:

:4ganondorf::4littlemac:

And :4palutena: has been in more if you count Brawl.
:4ganondorf:'s got 3 games as himself, 2 remakes, and teeeechnically a dozen other appearances as Ganon. But basically a similar situation. Edit: Master Quest is a thing. If Smash 3DS and WiiU are separate, so is Master Quest to Ocarina. So he's tied at worst.

No. :4littlemac: is a 4--entry series at minimum. The Arcade game, NES, SNES, and Wii.

:4palutena: Kid Icarus is a 3 games series, so she's at a tie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've always liked the idea of K. Rool being playable in Smash.

You can add me to the list of supporters because WHYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOOOTT!?

Troykv

Smash Master
You can also add :4ness::4lucas:&:4sheik:
Ness has one game (Mother 2), and pack with the original one, and appear as cameo in Mother 3 (2/3 vs 4 in Smash xD)

Sheik only appears in Ocarina of Time, its remake and Hyrule Warrior (in Brawl she appears more in Smash that in her actual series... now is a tie if you count the remake)

Lucas is the absolute "one-shot in his one series" character in Smash (and maybe Shulk in the future.)

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Ness has one game (Mother 2), and pack with the original one, and appear as cameo in Mother 3 (2/3 vs 4 in Smash xD)

Sheik only appears in Ocarina of Time, its remake and Hyrule Warrior (in Brawl she appears more in Smash that in her actual series... now is a tie if you count the remake)

Lucas is the absolute "one-shot in his one series" character in Smash (and maybe Shulk in the future.)
If you count both versions of Smash 4...

Burruni

Smash Hero

There is no "Maybe."

Xenoblade Chronicles X is out in Japan. From the get-go we were told that it was going to share most of the engine, some of the races and themes, but it would be its own kind of separate entity. Shulk isn't in it.

Partially why some people call Xenoblade "Modern Day Mother."

Troykv

Smash Master
If you count both versions of Smash 4...
Lol, if I count "all" the versions of the games where she arrived...

Ness: Mother 2, Mother 1+2, Mother 3 (Cameo) vs 4 (5) Smash Games

Sheik: Ocarina of Time, OoT 3D, Master Quest (Lol, now I remember this one xD), Hyrule Warrior vs 3 (4) Smash Games

Lucas (and Shulk in the future if appears again) will be the "one shot characters" with multiple Smashs.

Last edited:

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
If you count the 3DS and Wii U version separately and don't count SF64DS, :4fox: has been in an equal amount of both.

Welcome Jeff! It's been a while. Though I still pop on DKVine every once in a while. Hank here.
Hank! My man, it's been a long time!

StormC

Smash Hero
No. :4littlemac: is a 4--entry series at minimum. The Arcade game, NES, SNES, and Wii.

:4palutena: Kid Icarus is a 3 games series, so she's at a tie.
The Super Punch-Out boxer is never explicitly called Little Mac. I'll give you that I forgot about the arcade version, though.

And Palutena isn't in Myths And Monsters, just the manual.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The Super Punch-Out boxer is never explicitly called Little Mac. I'll give you that I forgot about the arcade version, though.

And Palutena isn't in Myths And Monsters, just the manual.
And Impa's only in the manuals for Zelda I and II but her supporters give it as appearances for her too! xD
At least, unlike Uprising, I reference that there WAS a game between the NES game and 3DS.
Just doing it all for fun either way

Burruni

Smash Hero
Funny how K. Rool has more appearances in his own franchise than many of the newcomers!
To be fair, it's because many of the major characters for existent series have been plucked.

Bandana Dee's appeared in both versions of Super Star and every game since Return to Dreamland.

Captain Toad's been in the two Galaxy games, 3D World, & his spin-off.

Impa's... been in around half the series? Ganon's been in more than her.

Dixie is comparable, number as King K. He has DKC 1 and DKL 1 where Dixie didn't appear. Dixie has Tropical Freeze and some Mario spin-offs.

Those are the only major newcomers from existing series that I can think of.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And Impa's only in the manuals for Zelda I and II but her supporters give it as appearances for her too! xD
At least, unlike Uprising, I reference that there WAS a game between the NES game and 3DS.
Just doing it all for fun either way
I count story appearances as appearances. Technically, you're involved in the storyline, but back then it was more difficult to handle things like that so I still count them as appearances. (I didn't know Palutena didn't ACTUALLY appear in Myths and Monsters, though. I thought she did appear in the game.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think we've talked much about K. Rool's potential competitive viability in here yet, outside of laughing at people who say "he shouldn't be in because all heavyweights are useless and low tier."

Let's say he gets the trap/projectile-based moveset a lot of people have forecasted for him. How do you think that'd stack up against the current higher tiers in the game?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't think we've talked much about K. Rool's potential competitive viability in here yet, outside of laughing at people who say "he shouldn't be in because all heavyweights are useless and low tier."

Let's say he gets the trap/projectile-based moveset a lot of people have forecasted for him. How do you think that'd stack up against the current higher tiers in the game?
I'd say solid around Mid tier to the side of upper. :4bowserjr: is a fair amount trap and projectile based and has more weight to him than it seems due to the Junior Copter having 0.85x damage and knockback to it (where most hits will land).

K. Rool will last depend on his overall mobility and aerial power.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
He'd have done better in Brawl where camping was the name of the game (hi Snake), but a mobile heavyweight with strong projectiles is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Heavyweights rarely get a chance against the top tiers like Sheik or Diddy who can combo you for days. If K. Rool gets a lot of projectiles to make a keep away play style and traps for nice setups; he might fare better than DK, Bowser, Ganondorf and Charizard. Dedede has a similar idea in his projectile and I consider him the best heavyweight because of that.
Maybe he could be played like Snake, and that would be good.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's funny how people keep saying that DK, Bowser, and Charizard are crap because they're heavyweights when it comes to online competition yet here I am still beating(and getting beaten by) players using them everytime. Like BKuppa said, low tier can still beat high tier. It's the player who knows how to use them that counts. If K. Rool gets in, I'll likely use him in online competition as well (as well as others who enjoy sending me flying in one shot)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
It's funny how people keep saying that DK, Bowser, and Charizard are crap because they're heavyweights when it comes to online competition yet here I am still beating(and getting beaten by) players using them everytime. Like BKuppa said, low tier can still beat high tier. It's the player who knows how to use them that counts. If K. Rool gets in, I'll likely use him in online competition as well (as well as others who enjoy sending me flying in one shot)
Its less of being good or not and more of a "your most difficult match-ups are the most popular characters". For example, Im not scared of using Dedede against Rosalinas, despited her being considered the 2nd best character by some.

And yeah, as someone who mains Dedede and enjoys playing heavies more than any other type of character. I will make sure that K. Rool becomes a respectable contender in my scene. Not even scared if he ends being at the bottom (but being good against top tiers would certainly help).

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I can see K. Rool being a good mix of :4wario: & :4bowserjr:. He'd have the movement of :4wario: and the projectiles of :4bowserjr: Competitively both these characters have GREAT potential that hasn't been fully tapped into yet so It's hard to say how "competitively viable" he'd be based off of that but any character with the air movement of Wario (3rd fastest in the game) AND projectile support tools is bound to be an amazing character in smash 4. Considering having a solid projectile under your belt is a HUGE deal in this game in terms of approach. IF we take Wario's movement capabilities and mix THAT in with possibly BETTER aerial and smash attacks, and mix in a solid projectile game which we assume he will have, I can see K. Rool being VERY competitively viable in Smash 4.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Its less of being good or not and more of a "your most difficult match-ups are the most popular characters". For example, Im not scared of using Dedede against Rosalinas, despited her being considered the 2nd best character by some.

And yeah, as someone who mains Dedede and enjoys playing heavies more than any other type of character. I will make sure that K. Rool becomes a respectable contender in my scene. Not even scared if he ends being at the bottom (but being good against top tiers would certainly help).
Links, Little Macs, and Robins happen to be most common to me and while I have lost to them playing as heavys I've also beaten them as well, I beat Dark Pit and Robin once using Bowser and won a good amount of team battles with him as well, Charizard was another candidate as well. I'm usually pretty skilled with Link too and Samus and boy did I get manhandled a lot by Bowser and just yesterday a DK. I know what you mean though I guess but the whole "no one uses heavyweights because of low tier" is an argument that can obviously be dismissed do to the constant uses I've seen of them while playing online.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The sad thing is that such arguments still happen on Gamefaqs to this day, mostly because non-supporters are baffled at his huge support in the ballot. Like 4Chan, half of everyone in the community are either trolls or imbeciles and shouldn't be taken serious.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The sad thing is that such arguments still happen on Gamefaqs to this day, mostly because non-supporters are baffled at his huge support in the ballot. Like 4Chan, half of everyone in the community are either trolls or imbeciles and shouldn't be taken serious.
Gamefaqs argue about the best Waifu, which is not surprising coming from them.

I say it depends on how you set up King K. Rool's different moves. King K. Rool looks like more of a mixture between Bowser, DK, and Duck Hunt. Bowser Power, DK's range on moves, and Duck Hunt's set up moves.

Characters such as Sheik and Roaslina will give him trouble, especially those that can combo lock you (:4mario: <- guilty).

King K. Rool's biggest strength would be his element of surprise and not knowing what he is up to.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
As far as potential K.Rool playstyle goes, I'd want him to be basically a faster, stronger Bowser with a more generalized focus (using both long-ranged projectiles and close-ranged fisticuffs), since the new Bowser's already a pretty solid base to modify heavily into K.Rool.

Obviously, his downside would be that generalization; K.Rool would be basically the Mario of the heavyweight fighters; Bowser is brute strength, Charizard has better aerial mobility, Dedede is the good recoverer, K.Rool is the middle ground of all of them; not particularly excellent in one area, but not deficient in any.

He'd also have the prerequisite heavyweight superarmor, of course, but I think the new Bowser works very well as a template for use in making K.Rool with the required modifications.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool will probably be a character of extremes all over, much like the likes of :4mewtwo:,:4ganondorf: or :4myfriends:. Raw power, but a lot of weaknesses that are exploitable, but managable with their overall movesets. I also agree with the :4bowserjr: alikeness, and he could also have a few traiths shared with :4bowser:,:4wario: and :4dedede:. Hell, even :4charizard:.

Overall, it's hard to judge this way as I doubt K.Rool would be anything else but extremely unique. If that's not going to be the case, well that's up to the developers to blame.

This reminds me a little about how we discussed Diddy prior to him being in Brawl. :diddy: I argued mostly he'd play as a sort of mix between :mariomelee::foxmelee: and :younglinkmelee:. He'd be inbetween Fox, Young Link and Mario's weight, have a Up B similar to Fox's, use guns like the Space Animals, and be adaptive and versatile like Mario whilst having great aerial moves. Now that Diddy is a well-established veteran, I don't think he's similar to these characters at all. So in the end, comparing K.Rool to other characters isn't going to be an extremely accurate description.

For all we know, the character that plays mostly like King K.Rool would be someone like :4villager:, :4megaman: or :4wiifitm:. :rolleyes:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
True. Here is a picture of the average gamefaqs user:

(And he's free, ladies!)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If I were to compare, I'd picture K. Rool as having the ground movement/size/weight of :4bowser:, the jumps/aerial movement of :4falco:, the weapons and tools of :4link: and the unpredictability/traps of :snake:.

Top Bottom