• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just want to say I got one of my friends on facebook and miiverse to download the gangplank galleon stage I made in custom stage mode. He's never played a DK game but wants to play DK64 once he gets enough money for it. Guess he liked it, hey if getting someone to download a DK/K. Rool stage for ssb is something then it's just one step closer to them wanting K. Rool as well. Also more likley to buy an actual quality stage of it should it be announced for dlc in the future.

StormC

Smash Hero
No Bowser's Castle, no Gangplank Galleon, no Ganon's Tower, and no Mt. Dedede. We really need some boss arenas.

Though Pirate Ship was one of my favorite Brawl stages and I'd love to have it back.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
VILLAINS GALORE. We got K Rool, Wolf, Goroh, Black Shadow (only if he takes most of Falcondorf's moves), Pico (meh).
And Ridley? The poor guy is still being beaten by everyone in Pyrosphere.

One day my friend, one day you wil be in Smash. Probably just 5 unfortunately.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
It's really weird that their are actually so little villains homages in the SSB series. Almost no playable villains and non of them have their own stage. It's also quit odd that we didn't had Bowser's Castle as one of the stages, since this is one of the most recurring locations in the Mario series.

Maybe it's because SSB is also advertised as the game where you play as Nintendo's biggest "heroes", and not the villains.

Burruni

Smash Hero
And Ridley? The poor guy is still being beaten by everyone in Pyrosphere.

One day my friend, one day you wil be in Smash. Probably just 5 unfortunately.
Meanwhile, true Ganon doesn't so much as have a trophy and his by-far most pitiful usage in the entirety of (canon) Zelda is bound as Falcondorf's Final Smash.

Ridley has it good in comparison. At least he has popularity.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm going to play the technicalities card and say that Bowser's Castle is in Sm4sh; the 3DS version, anyway.

That third section in the Paper Mario stage will attest to that.

Yes, it's not a full stage, but technicalities.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I would love to see Goroh as playable and Black Shadow too, but I think Pico would make a very interesting choice as well.
Hey I second this, also the support thread is back open, its in my signature

Also, M&S is doing the first roster expansion in ages, K.Rool is being pushed back into the spot light, and his last appearance was a sports game. Throw in most of the main Mario unique characters already being ingame, I wouldn't say he's impossible

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How the hell was King K.Rool ever expected in a Mario spin-off game? Diddy is the first logical DKC related thing we should ask for first. Didn't Brawl teach you anything? Didn't Donkey Kong Country Returns teach you anything? Didn't Mario Kart Double Dash teach you anything?

And how would you even need these games to have this thing explained? It should be as clear as clear water...

:facepalm:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
How the hell was King K.Rool ever expected in a Mario spin-off game? Diddy is the first logical DKC related thing we should ask for first. Didn't Brawl teach you anything? Didn't Donkey Kong Country Returns teach you anything? Didn't Mario Kart Double Dash teach you anything?

And how would you even need these games to have this thing explained? It should be as clear as clear water...

:facepalm:
Actually, Diddy was just announced in M&S 2016, which is why I think K.Rool is more likely, I mean both were in Mario Super Sluggers

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes that's why I said you shouldn't expect anything else yet. And K.Rool will most likely NOT be chosen in such games before Dixie, and maybe even Cranky or Funky could be added again before him. K.Rool only got in Sluggers because characters like Goomba, Koopa, Dixie, Tiny and Kritters where also playable...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes that's why I said you shouldn't expect anything else yet. And K.Rool will most likely NOT be chosen in such games before Dixie, and maybe even Cranky or Funky could be added again before him. K.Rool only got in Sluggers because characters like Goomba, Koopa, Dixie, Tiny and Kritters where also playable...
I don't expect him, but I think it'd be cool. I COULD see it if they realize the popularity of K. Rool and want to add him in a lot of titles. I don't outright expect it, though. We're probably getting Rosalina and Birdo/Kamek and that's the end of characters. (The Mario side already has one more Power character than the Sonic side; I could easily see them opt to not add a Power character on the Mario side in this title.)

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
K. Rool making it into that game is very wishful thinking, all that's to really say honestly. But I love that the dk64 miiverse is constantly updating, people are surprisingly all over that game on Wii-U still! A lot of little kids granted but that means a lot of young exposure to the kremlings and K. Rool.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
No Bowser's Castle, no Gangplank Galleon, no Ganon's Tower, and no Mt. Dedede. We really need some boss arenas.
No kidding.

I'm actually really surprised that the Boxing Ring stage doesn't have a third reskinning option, to match the boxing ring from Castle Dedede, seeing as it's already near-identical to it (the Wii U version even uses the stage for this purpose in a challenge, which makes it all the more surprising).

If they were to reveal a Boss Arenas Pack or similar, hopefully including a Gangplank Galleon stage, as DLC, I swear it'd be an insta-buy for both versions of the game, for me.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I know that this is the K.Rool thread, but K.Rool and Ridley fans are really friendly with each other, so I'll post here with a quick note that Omni is taking a request for Smashified, and that giving Ridley some extra support would be just one extra way to help each other out.

Not to try and derail the thread, of course; but I figured it'd be worth noting since the Pirates and Kutthroats get along so well already, I think it'd be natural for us to support each other.
https://twitter.com/smashified/status/606285600614957056

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know that this is the K.Rool thread, but K.Rool and Ridley fans are really friendly with each other, so I'll post here with a quick note that Omni is taking a request for Smashified, and that giving Ridley some extra support would be just one extra way to help each other out.

Not to try and derail the thread, of course; but I figured it'd be worth noting since the Pirates and Kutthroats get along so well already, I think it'd be natural for us to support each other.
https://twitter.com/smashified/status/606285600614957056
Sure, I'll do it... after they do Isaac, anyway.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Lately I feel as though Nintendo even wants to oust Diddy Kong from the Mario universe. He wasn't in MK7, MK8, Mario Party 8-10. It's bull****.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Lately I feel as though Nintendo even wants to oust Diddy Kong from the Mario universe. He wasn't in MK7, MK8, Mario Party 8-10. It's bull****.
Diddy Kong was NEVER in Mario Party as a playable character.
He was still in Mario Sluggers, 2008.
Mario Sports Mix, 2010.
Fortune Street, 2011.
Mario Party 9 (as an NPC) in 2012.
Mario Tennis Open in 2012.
Mario Golf World Tour in 2014.
He's still present in the Marioverse, he just missed 2 Mario Karts.
Waluigi missed two and he's the KING of Spin-offs.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry, I don't think so. First of all, Diddy has never been in Mario Party, only DK has. In fact, DK is playable again in Mario Party 10.

Second of all, Diddy wasn't in Mario Kart DS either. He's been Mario Kart: Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii. His absence in Mario Kart 8 may indicate they have plans for him in racing games, but Diddy was still in Mario Golf: World Tour, and now M&S Rio Olympics.

Even then, I don't see any problem with Diddy being dropped from the Mario universe. Because it would mean they're trying to separate the DK and Mario universes more.

Mario Sports Mix, 2010.
Fortune Street, 2011.
Wait, he was in Mario Party 9? Heh, interesting, didn't know that.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Mario Sports Mix, 2010.
Fortune Street, 2011.
Mario is the King of Spin-offs excuse me. He is the star of those games and is in every single one. Mario Kart. Check. Mario Party. Check. Mario RPG. Check. Mario Sports. Check. Luigi's Mansion games. Check. Princess Peach game. Check. He in all dem games.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Mario is the King of Spin-offs excuse me. He is the star of those games and is in every single one. Mario Kart. Check. Mario Party. Check. Mario RPG. Check. Mario Sports. Check. Luigi's Mansion games. Check. Princess Peach game. Check. He in all dem games.
I was meaning in the fact that Waluigi is the guy that was created specifically to fill in slots for Mario Spin-Offs, like what Daisy has kinda ended up being as a "Queen."

Unless you meant that as a joke.

Edit:
Sorry, I don't think so. First of all, Diddy has never been in Mario Party, only DK has. In fact, DK is playable again in Mario Party 10.

Second of all, Diddy wasn't in Mario Kart DS either. He's been Mario Kart: Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii. His absence in Mario Kart 8 may indicate they have plans for him in racing games, but Diddy was still in Mario Golf: World Tour, and now M&S Rio Olympics.

Even then, I don't see any problem with Diddy being dropped from the Mario universe. Because it would mean they're trying to separate the DK and Mario universes more.

Wait, he was in Mario Party 9? Heh, interesting, didn't know that.
Yeah, on the unlockable DK board Diddy was basically a bonus space for Mini games.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I was meaning in the fact that Waluigi is the guy that was created specifically to fill in slots for Mario Spin-Offs, like what Daisy has kinda ended up being as a "Queen."

Unless you meant that as a joke.
Yep. Just like how Ridley is the King of Smash Bros Playability and how Mother is the King of western releases and how Ness is the King of Showing Up in More Mother Games than Smash Bros.

Top Bottom