• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I could see him as being the Palutena of the heavy weights. An average "A input" moveset, but with the ability to change his specials during the match to throw off his opponents.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I could see him as being the Palutena of the heavy weights. An average "A input" moveset, but with the ability to change his specials during the match to throw off his opponents.
The downside to this would be praying that his default 1111 set doesn't suck compared to his other options.

That is, assuming actual newcomers get customs.

Unless I misunderstood.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So if I'm not mistaken there were 5 blank spots in the character spots on smashbros.com. Right? Now there are only 4 blank spots remaining with the addition of Lucas. http://puu.sh/idxtM.jpg Possibly 4 more characters to come confirmed now?

D

Deleted member

While I'd be hard pressed to believe that Wolf wouldn't be coming back if Roy of all characters is implied to be DLC, it's still better to not count your chickens before they hatch.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Still not to say that they can't simply add more blank spots. It's pretty easy to do,
While I'd be hard pressed to believe that Wolf wouldn't be coming back if Roy of all characters is implied to be DLC, it's still better to not count your chickens before they hatch.
exactly.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hopefully enough people vote Wolf that he can fall back on being a ballot winner if they're crazy enough to bring back Roy pre-ballot, but not Wolf. What with Japan loving most cut veterans, he seems to have a bit of a safety net, but you never can tell for sure until "WOLF JOINS THE BATTLE" flashes across your screen.

(Hoping for a "Japan voted Wolf, the West voted K. Rool, they're your picks" scenario if we only have two spots remaining)

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The downside to this would be praying that his default 1111 set doesn't suck compared to his other options.

That is, assuming actual newcomers get customs.

Unless I misunderstood.
I do not think newcomers get custom moves. But I think K. Rool with a costume change as a down B that gives him three new specials for B, Up B, and down B would be a neat idea.

It does seem that a few people are advocating for a stronger, faster Bowser with traps and projectiles. I do not think making Bowser obsolete is the way to go.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So if I'm not mistaken there were 5 blank spots in the character spots on smashbros.com. Right? Now there are only 4 blank spots remaining with the addition of Lucas. http://puu.sh/idxtM.jpg Possibly 4 more characters to come confirmed now?
Never.
Never.
Never.
EVER.

Go off the "blank spots" left off the official site.
Remember the 4 characters we were going to have unlocked when the WiiU version of the Smash 4 game came out?
That, also, CHANGES IN NUMBER DEPENDING ON WHAT DEVICE YOU CHECK IT ON.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I thought Dusty was talking about the 5 Marios for a while
Just for clarification, there were 4 "Mario" placeholders after Lucas.

Two going to be most likely taken by Roy and Ryu with a third for Wolf.

The last being the first reserved slot for a Ballot character to be worked on.

That's my interpretation of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Never.
Never.
Never.
EVER.

Go off the "blank spots" left off the official site.
Remember the 4 characters we were going to have unlocked when the WiiU version of the Smash 4 game came out?
That, also, CHANGES IN NUMBER DEPENDING ON WHAT DEVICE YOU CHECK IT ON.
Bear in mind that unlike before, the regular and the mobile versions of the site have room for exactly four more characters to complete the row, which just so happens to coincide with the number of 5 "Marios" on the internal data's fighter table when factoring that one of them is Lucas.

Regular site has a 7 x 5 format, mobile has a 5 x 7.

For all we know, it could mean absolutely nothing and is just pure coincidence. But the idea isn't as unfounded and illogical as it was pre-release considering there are no inconsistencies this time.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Bear in mind that unlike before, the regular and the mobile versions of the site have room for exactly four more characters to complete the row, which just so happens to coincide with the number of 5 "Marios" on the internal data's fighter table when factoring that one of them is Lucas.

Regular site has a 7 x 5 format, mobile has a 5 x 7.

For all we know, it could mean absolutely nothing and is just pure coincidence. But the idea isn't as unfounded and illogical as it was pre-release considering there are no inconsistencies this time.
I apologize.
I hadn't heard that this is the one time that the stars alligned for the mobile and computer versions to keep the same slots available.
I still think that it's a coincidence like the last dozen times, but one that appears for both versions.
That's just me.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Breaking news! lucas, inkling costumes, and the mii verse stage has a release date! check out the link on the bottom smile emoticon And another thing i want to mention guys, If you went to the smash bros website when mewtwo was shown, do you know that character screen on the very bottom? That empty slot right next to mewtwo, was filled by lucas which means.... THERE ARE A TOTAL OF 4 MORE DLC CHARACTERS TO COME! look at etikas video explaining the theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfthppOnIsc

Now go on the main website of where lucas is shown. Look at the bottom of the page! its taken by lucas! this confirms we have 4 more DLC characters!

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/lucas.html

King k rool might have a chance!!! since inklings are deconfirmed and they were pretty high up on the list, that just makes king k rool's chances even better than ever! if rumors are true, that would count roy and ryu ( if true ). Then which means two more characters are still to come. Keep voting for k rool! We are so close everybody :D!!, Im really feeling it guys! Kroc the vote! Long live the king!!!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Breaking news! lucas, inkling costumes, and the mii verse stage has a release date! check out the link on the bottom smile emoticon And another thing i want to mention guys, If you went to the smash bros website when mewtwo was shown, do you know that character screen on the very bottom? That empty slot right next to mewtwo, was filled by lucas which means.... THERE ARE A TOTAL OF 4 MORE DLC CHARACTERS TO COME! look at etikas video explaining the theory

Now go on the main website of where lucas is shown. Look at the bottom of the page! its taken by lucas! this confirms we have 4 more DLC characters!

King k rool might have a chance!!! since inklings are deconfirmed and they were pretty high up on the list, that just makes king k rool's chances even better than ever! if rumors are true, that would count roy and ryu ( if true ). Then which means two more characters are still to come. Keep voting for k rool! We are so close everybody :D!!, Im really feeling it guys! Kroc the vote! Long live the king!!!
Look, we already know this... and we've already debunked it. This has happened NUMEROUS times, and every time they just add more slots. This doesn't confirm 4 more characters. (If anything, we've got MORE than 4.)

But, this isn't really breaking news... we've JUST been discussing this.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

It really means nothing.

StormC

Smash Hero
I do not think newcomers get custom moves. But I think K. Rool with a costume change as a down B that gives him three new specials for B, Up B, and down B would be a neat idea.

It does seem that a few people are advocating for a stronger, faster Bowser with traps and projectiles. I do not think making Bowser obsolete is the way to go.
It'd be cool, but transformations are already ruled out.

Also, I'd make K. Rool's physical attacks weaker than Bowser's.

Burruni

Smash Hero

I just want him to have :4ganondorf:'s Dash attack. The shoulder bash (from Lord Frederick... but that fight was REALLY K. Rool esque anyways)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

No way, he's clearly stronger than Bowser if it always takes more than just 1 monkey to defeat him in his games(excluding the spinoffs), if anything I think he should be almost as strong as bowser or maybe even just for the balance.

Burruni

Smash Hero
No way, he's clearly stronger than Bowser if it always takes more than just 1 monkey to defeat him in his games(excluding the spinoffs), if anything I think he should be almost as strong as bowser or maybe even just for the balance.
In terms of balance, King K. Rool has 3 traits and really can only hold 2.

Agility, Zoning, and Strength.

Most people will keep the Agility and Zoning at the cost of some base strength.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I honestly can't imagine K. Rool will be a fast fighter, irrespective of how he fights in canon.

Just look at Ike and Ganondorf.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
In terms of balance, King K. Rool has 3 traits and really can only hold 2.

Agility, Zoning, and Strength.

Most people will keep the Agility and Zoning at the cost of some base strength.
True but I've always seen K. Rool as a fighter with speed and strength wether he's using his weapons or not.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Bowser's plenty strong. He's invulnerable to almost everything in most games - you have to dunk him into his own lava pit just to beat him, or else toss a ton of missiles at him before he finally keels over.

At any rate, I doubt K. Rool will be fast, strong and have great range - that'd be quite unbalanced without a huge nerf to something else. He could be the middling heavyweight option (like a really big, scaly Pit), except even then his stats would have to be "okay all around" rather than "exceptional all around".

I expect he'll either be a lightning bruiser like Bowser or a heavy ranged fighter like Snake. I'd be happy with either~

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree, I think K. Rool should have weaker strength.

I honestly can't imagine K. Rool will be a fast fighter, irrespective of how he fights in canon.

Just look at Ike and Ganondorf.
Sadly, I think this would probably be the case as well. Then again, Ganondorf isn't really that fast in most of his boss battles. Wind Waker is really the only one where he's reasonably fast, as well as Beast Ganon. Ganon is usually slow, OOT Ganondorf doesn't really move anywhere (just float), OOT Ganon is slow and intimidating, and TP Ganondorf is also slow and intimidating.

Although I don't agree with Ganondorf's moveset, I tend to see Ganondorf as more "slow and intimidating" than anything.

Bowser's plenty strong. He's invulnerable to almost everything in most games - you have to dunk him into his own lava pit just to beat him, or else toss a ton of missiles at him before he finally keels over.

At any rate, I doubt K. Rool will be fast, strong and have great range - that'd be quite unbalanced without a huge nerf to something else. He could be the middling heavyweight option (like a really big, scaly Pit), except even then his stats would have to be "okay all around" rather than "exceptional all around".

I expect he'll either be a lightning bruiser like Bowser or a heavy ranged fighter like Snake. I'd be happy with either~
Agreed. I don't think they'll make K. Rool too fast or too strong, but at the very least he shouldn't be SLOW. He should benefit more from a bit of speed and ranged attacks, while physically he's not nearly as strong as Bowser and will need to keep his distance (and he's reasonably fast enough that he can get away).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

I wonder if just changing specials is workable. The animations for other attacks would not change. Shulk changes his stats which is kinda like a transformation.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We've got so many ideas, but only one can be picked, so all we can do is wait and see.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, I can definitely get behind the notion that he's big and reasonably fast for a heavyweight. His physical hits could be weaker than others' to compensate for his impressive range.

Again, kinda like Pit: fast and has good range, though he's lacking in the power department.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I wonder if just changing specials is workable. The animations for other attacks would not change. Shulk changes his stats which is kinda like a transformation.
The issues with transformations was the working memory of two+ full active movesets, I believe. The thing about Shulk's transformation is that they're just stat modifiers, not a different character.

Top Bottom