• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
that is a lot of ryu
Except that Megaman is already taking the spot of Capcom representative. Adding in Ryu takes away the importance of the Third Party slot, because, lets face it, Ryu is practically crossing over in everything nowadays making his presence worthless in terms of importance. Hey, its that dude from those multiple cross over games, does not sound that great to me.

It is like having Zero in after Megaman. Having Megaman stand as the only Capcom Third Party gives him that much more importance, making his presence even that more important. Adding Ryu to the roster will only take that away.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... If Ryu doesn't in any way get in the way of K. Rool, then fine, I could give two ****s.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
It's not supposed to celebrate gaming as a whole. It's supposed to celebrate Nintendo. Blah blah blah "but they added Snake" blah blah blah. Maybe that's why he's no longer in the game. I don't think Ryu is a horrible addition, but first party favorites like K. Rool and Isaac should take priority no matter what. It feels like they're cheapening what made Smash Bros. so special in the first place.
It still does celebrate nintendo, its not taking anything away. So why cant third parties represent a broader scope and gaming icons as a whole? The sooner you put aside the nintendo pride the better off youll be, dont assume that these characters are taking any chance away from the nintendo characters you want.
Correction, he had 4 games. Metal Gear, Metal gear 2, Metal Gear: ghost babel and Metal gear solid: the twin snakes
Its actually more then that, including mgs3d, along with the nes version of MG, and snakes revenge to a much lesser extent.

Except that Megaman is already taking the spot of Capcom representative. Adding in Ryu takes away the importance of the Third Party slot, because, lets face it, Ryu is practically crossing over in everything nowadays making his presence worthless in terms of importance. Hey, its that dude from those multiple cross over games, does not sound that great to me.

It is like having Zero in after Megaman. Having Megaman stand as the only Capcom Third Party gives him that much more importance, making his presence even that more important. Adding Ryu to the roster will only take that away.
So its muh slots. The 3rd party importance would only go down if the character chosen wasnt deserving of a high value.

Ryu and megaman are absurdley high. the subjective value younclaim has not gone down because ryu is about as important and iconic as a gaming character can get other than being mario/pac man and is easily on yhe same tier as mega man.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It still does celebrate nintendo, its not taking anything away. So why cant third parties represent a broader scope and gaming icons as a whole? The sooner you put aside the nintendo pride the better off youll be, dont assume that these characters are taking any chance away from the nintendo characters you want.
It takes away from what Smash is about, because adding in more Third Party characters will make it a marketing game and nothing else. Nintendo's least known franchises will have a harder time getting in the game and helping promote Nintendo, since Third Party companies will only have characters in mainly for advertising purposes. After that? They get their advertisement by having the character in the game, so who is to enforce they put a game from said character on a Nintendo console and not a preexisting game, but the next in the series?

Its actually more then that, including mgs3d, along with the nes version of MG, and snakes revenge to a much lesser extent.
The statement was about how many Nintendo games Snake had before Brawl, and if I am not mistaken, MGS3D was the 3DS version right?

So its muh slots.
Nope. It is about how many Third Party characters you allow in Smash brothers that don't turn this into an advertising game.

The 3rd party importance would only go down if the character chosen wasnt deserving of a high value.
The Third Party importance goes down the more characters you add in. A club where everybody can get in means less than the clubs that only let the biggest of stars in and even then it is an exclusive chance.

Ryu and megaman are absurdley high. the subjective value younclaim has not gone down because ryu is about as important and iconic as a gaming character can get other than being mario/pac man and is easily on yhe same tier as mega man.
Ryu is not as important as Megaman. Megaman made Capcom who they are today and was their Mascot for a long time. Ryu is simply the guy they are using as their mascot in today's time and is used for mostly every cross over.

The tier goes like this:

Pacman/Mario - these two pretty much identified what gaming would be today.
Megaman/Sonic - legendary mascots of Capcom and Nintendo's Rival Sega.
Ryu - mascot of fighting games.

Adding in Ryu would just be another game for Ryu to be in. The dude gets around practically everywhere.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What I don't get is by keeping so many Fire Emblem reps it implies they don't want to cut characters anymore. So in Smash 5 ina few years there will likely be another new FE character from the new 3DS game...and we're going to have 6 Fire Emblem characters in the next game.

So when does it end? Fire Emblem continually gets new reps every single game while Zelda, Metroid and Donkey Kong have been starving for new characters for a decade?
Yeah...its Bull* for sure...
K.Rool better be added and Ridley...
Sakurai can make Ridley work.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
It takes away from what Smash is about, because adding in more Third Party characters will make it a marketing game and nothing else. Nintendo's least known franchises will have a harder time getting in the game and helping promote Nintendo, since Third Party companies will only have characters in mainly for advertising purposes. After that? They get their advertisement by having the character in the game, so who is to enforce they put a game from said character on a Nintendo console and not a preexisting game, but the next in the series?

The statement was about how many Nintendo games Snake had before Brawl, and if I am not mistaken, MGS3D was the 3DS version right?
Well like it or not...The way that the majority of newcomers were added into Smash 4 before release was already a huge marketing ploy. We would have possibly gotten more less important, but still famous characters if they weren't focusing on marketing in the first place. The reason Nintendo keeps making Smash Bros is to get HUGE amounts of money from the games fan base and uhm...because they CAN. Hence why we can all be certain there will ALWAYS be sequels regardless of who is directing them. This game is and has been a God among advertising Nintendo's line-up and other companies now as well.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah...its Bull* for sure...
K.Rool better be added and Ridley...
Sakurai can make Ridley work.
At this points I have my doubts on Ridley. The stage hazard you see in pyrosphere, is, unfortunately, our Ridley...

Apparently they had tried to make him work, but couldn't get the size right or something.

Here is what Sakurai said about the character some time after release:

"I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer. It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely."

I was as big (no pun intended), of a Ridley supporter as much as the next guy, but if Sakurai couldn't get it to work then, I doubt it he would waste dev time again. I think the only chances he has now is if a new director gave it a shot in a future installment.

At this point, the only hope there would be for a new Metroid rep would have to be someone OTHER than Dark Samus, or Ridley... for example, Rundas. (I personally would go for anyone at this point :/)

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Nobody has to enforce that they do anything for nintendo outside of this game nor should they, if that were expected very few crossovers would ever exist. Nintendo is getting huge characters to make their big game even better, i dont understand the notion that third parties are getting far more then nintendo out of this when we have no idea on the details of what each company gets out of it monetary wise, sure they get promotion but thats the nature of third parties. If nintendo ever has any hope of courting them in the future it couldnt hurt to be on decent terms now rather then push them away with an eye for an eye mentality. But this is already being said in the character discussion thread so id rather not clog up this characters thread with more of it
Ah, didnt see that part then what was said before was correct.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... Just checked out the soundclips, and honestly, the victory theme is either a placeholder or fake as all ****, because it is directly from SF2. No remixing or anything.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
We are really lacking Villans and Heavyweights K.Rool fits both and he is of a few remaining classic All-Star.

Why the hell hasn't he been added yet?

Ow man...i hope he is in top 4 Heaviest.

He is absolutely perfect of a character for me exactly someone i will main.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well like it or not...The way that the majority of newcomers were added into Smash 4 before release was already a huge marketing ploy. We would have possibly gotten more less important, but still famous characters if they weren't focusing on marketing in the first place. The reason Nintendo keeps making Smash Bros is to get HUGE amounts of money from the games fan base and uhm...because they CAN. Hence why we can all be certain there will ALWAYS be sequels regardless of who is directing them.
The main point about Marketing is the fact that Nintendo barely benefits from it if the Third Party companies are the ones advertising.

Nintendo using Smash Brothers to advertise benefits them more than having it advertise for Third Party companies who will just release the game on a Non-Nintendo console.

Nobody has to enforce that they do anything for nintendo outside of this game nor should they, if that were expected very few crossovers would ever exist. Nintendo is getting huge characters to make their big game even better, i dont understand the notion that third parties are getting far more then nintendo out of this when we have no idea on the details of what each company gets out of it monetary wise, sure they get promotion but thats the nature of third parties. If nintendo ever has any hope of courting them in the future it couldnt hurt to be on decent terms now rather then push them away with an eye for an eye mentality. But this is already being said in the character discussion thread so id rather not clog up this characters thread with more of it.
The problem here is: How much does Nintendo need to bend to other companies just to get someone to release a game on their console? Having a character on Smash Brothers should only be available to those who have a deep history with Nintendo and have benefited them throughout most of Nintendo's life.

How many times do you bet companies would require Nintendo to put their character in Smash Brothers before they even thought about helping Nintendo's systems? Nintendo should not have to bend, because then they are being taken advantage of.

Main point: Having your character in Smash Brothers should be the reward for putting your games on Nintendo's Consoles, not the other way around. Third Party Companies sleep around, so benefiting them before yourself does nothing for your company.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
... Just checked out the soundclips, and honestly, the victory theme is either a placeholder or fake as all ****, because it is directly from SF2. No remixing or anything.
There are victory themes ripped from games also songs, SF2 on SNES is the most famous version of Street Fighter so if Ryu gets in makes sense they would go with that kind of music

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The main point about Marketing is the fact that Nintendo barely benefits from it if the Third Party companies are the ones advertising.

Nintendo using Smash Brothers to advertise benefits them more than having it advertise for Third Party companies who will just release the game on a Non-Nintendo console.

The problem here is: How much does Nintendo need to bend to other companies just to get someone to release a game on their console? Having a character on Smash Brothers should only be available to those who have a deep history with Nintendo and have benefited them throughout most of Nintendo's life.

How many times do you bet companies would require Nintendo to put their character in Smash Brothers before they even thought about helping Nintendo's systems? Nintendo should not have to bend, because then they are being taken advantage of.

Main point: Having your character in Smash Brothers should be the reward for putting your games on Nintendo's Consoles, not the other way around. Third Party Companies sleep around, so benefiting them before yourself does nothing for your company.
Nothing can and/or will be done about it besides what Nintendo wants. Whether they get a big piece of cake or a smaller, but still good size, piece of cake, it still tastes just as good to them obviously.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
There are victory themes ripped from games also songs, SF2 on SNES is the most famous version of Street Fighter so if Ryu gets in makes sense they would go with that kind of music
But every victory theme is somewhat modernized. This isn't. It's directly from SF2. Nothing changed at ALL.
I mean, I don't want to completely disregard the possibility, but it's somewhat unlikely.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nothing can and/or will be done about it besides what Nintendo wants. Whether they get a big piece of cake or a smaller, but still good size, piece of cake, it still tastes just as good to them obviously.
That is true, but I still hope that they remain true to what Smash Brothers is about and not let Third Party Companies use it as a means for free advertising for other console releases.

I would be more lenient on having more Third Party characters if we had around 60 Nintendo characters already in.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
But every victory theme is somewhat modernized. This isn't. It's directly from SF2. Nothing changed at ALL.
Forgive me for a counter-theory -
If they were to have modified the Street Fighter II Fanfare, it would have raised even more eyebrows and act as confirmation that Ryu would be playable since we never heard this particular version before.

Also, I still support King K. Rool - I'm in the boat Ryu and Roy are separate characters from the Ballot, so K. Rool still has viability.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm fine Ryu and Roy personally, I'm pretty sure they were planned beforehand too. I wouldn't take this as a blow to K. Rool at all, if anything Rayman and the other 3rd Party's are the ones most effected. We just need to be patient, wait for news, and remain strong on the voting, as this could either be a speed bump or just a sign of a lot more characters than any of us thought was possible, which would be great news!

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
The hard part is over.

Very WIP,obviously but it's more or less close to the finished product. Look out for his magic tail and incredible growing and shrinking gut.

I took some liberties with the original GIF so let me know what you think before I proceed. I'll need to smooth out the animation but I think it flows mostly well.
(I had to personalise it because it just didn't feel like it would be fitting for such a big lad like King K. Rool)

(Saved it at 0.1 speed on Photoshop for demo purposes)
that actually good.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's impossible for Roy and Ryu to be ballot characters.

And even then, it's not definite that we're only getting those two before the ballot.

Calm your selves.

You're all going off your krockers.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well that data-mining about the other Stages of All-Star Mode is starting to look that much better if this is true. Lets say for instance, this Ryu and Roy leak is true, which I think Roy actually is and if Roy is why wouldn't Ryu be just as true. With this in mind; that is ALREADY 4 DLC characters. Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. This is all hypothetical of course, but maybe, just maybe, we will get many more characters than we ever imagined from DLC in general. Why make a DLC shop and everything for only a handful of characters and a couple costumes?

Here is the link to the All-Star data mined theory of at least 16 characters for DLC. The All-Star part is near the bottom. - https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/was-dlc-planned-for-smash-4/

Only makes more sense to me. King K. Rool, Dixie, Isaac, and whoever else is looking pretty good right about now. If this IS true, what trouble is at least 4-8 more characters, especially considering the veteran fighters, more than likely, take almost no work at all.

Last edited:

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
I hate people who leak information of the game or hack it to see the data, just imagine the reaction of people watching a trailer with ryu, I seriously would prefer to get K. Rool in smash 5 than to know that he is going to be in because of a fool who thinks it's cool to ruin the surprise for everyone.

When I watch the glorious K. Rool trailer I will run around the street naked

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
All of this additional third party talk reminds me of this.

Besides, this Roy and Ryu thing mere speculation whatever else. Though I haven't really checked it out myself yet. Keep kalm everyone. They're not a threat to the King. Just keep doing what we're doing and that is getting Nintendo and Sakurai to konfirm K. Rool as playable DLC.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
They are saving the best for last. We are all in for many more surprises I think. How can we NOT get a new DK character is what I am assuming. We HAVE to at this point. DK is too important of a franchise for that to not happen. DLC is the reason we haven't "YET". I bet anything.
You think they would've added Dixie in as late promotion for DKC: TF, but they didn't. Don't under estimate how much Sakurai ignores DK. :(

RayStrYke

Smash Apprentice
Just don't forget that we have until october for the vote ballot characters(well vote) to end

cybersai

Smash Ace
If they at least found Dixie Kong data-mined in the files, it would at least give me hope for the future

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wouldn't worry too much about this you guys; it'd make zero sense if this had anything to do with the ballot.

I'm actually pretty excited to think of Ryu in Smash though, not gonna lie.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I wouldn't worry too much about this you guys; it'd make zero sense if this had anything to do with the ballot.

I'm actually pretty excited to think of Ryu in Smash though, not gonna lie.
100% agree. ^^

EDIT: btw, anyone knows if DK64 is already up on eShop? for me isn't showing anything. :T

Last edited:
Top Bottom