• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I wish/hope that Random Encounters would do a sequel to this video for the ballot
I mean, it works, but him finding a secret message on the Snake card for the ballot and having to take down little mac would be hilarious

Edit: Though I also just realized this video is now ridiculously relevant with whats going on XD

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 It's really bizarre to see K. Rool with the haters gonna hate strut (I've taken that challenge/job btw- shouldn't take me too long). Someone with those thighs shouldn't walk that way... but I digress.

Check the swag, son. Bet you can't handle it.

Keeping it simplistic. I'll give it some flat color if you want when I'm done.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Like, as if that's even possible. :rolleyes:
Who knows, I can certainly see the boards go out of control in the lead up to this year's E3. (June 16-18 BTW)

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Guys, I think we had better pack it up and give up on #KrocTheVote.

People in this Reddit thread have come up with the perfect counterpoints to sink our Gangplank Galleon, so to speak.

I'll let them speak for themselves.

You heard it here first, folks. K. Rool is too naked for Smash.
Triple_facepalm.png

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who knows, I can certainly see the boards go out of control in the lead up to this year's E3. (June 16-18 BTW)
Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever get as bad as Ridley discussion. I'll take all the Fire Emblem discussion we've had before above all this bs regarding Ridley to be honest. All these supporters made me dislike the idea of having Ridley playable more than anything...

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever get as bad as Ridley discussion. I'll take all the Fire Emblem discussion we've had before above all this bs regarding Ridley to be honest. All these supporters made me dislike the idea of having Ridley playable more than anything...
Just wait until Sakurai/Nintendo announces limited space for DLC character spots.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Yeah I think it's a good thing we don't have as much discussion as the Ridley topic did. We still have the honour of "most active topic that isn't a complete ****hole."

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I think it's a good thing we don't have as much discussion as the Ridley topic did. We still have the honour of "most active topic that isn't a complete ****hole."
Which is a great point to proof how much Smashboards' speculation has evolved over the time. Seriously, who else is left with such a qualitively great thread as us, besides the obviously awesome Isaac thread by @N3ON ? No-one!

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was never bothered by the nature of the Rids topic, but I do like how discussions here aren't as rampant... if only because I can actually keep up with the posts, haha.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Soo uhh, I know you seem to already have a banner but I made this for this thread if you want to use it:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well here is something I thought of recently. Didn't the Gematsu leak way back when state something like this:

- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

What if characters like Lucas were cut due to deadline BUT already planned to be added as post-launch DLC. Mewtwo is already proof of that. He was topping the lists before the game came out like none other. Maybe just maybe King K. was another one of them as he was always in the top five for the U.S. AND Japan at that time and will be DLC instead of coming with the game.....but would Nintendo really know that holding back certain characters that a lot of people wanted all along would be a FOR SURE way to get us to buy them later..AND separately??
(*Examples of these popular with-held characters would be like King K, Mewtwo, Lucas, maybe Wolf, and any other very popular character for this "DLC" * )

It really makes me wonder if this was planned the WHOLE time..ye know?..

If we do get King K Rool or any DK Newcomer from this "Poll" instead of when we could have before this happened, then that does seem greedy, because they knew we would pay more to have these certain characters after release. I'd say that is very greedy, but not dumb of Nintendo, of course. They are in it for business after all.

It just blows my mind though, if Nintendo planned it that way all along..and only had the most "recognizable" characters for this generation as Newcomers to be included in the game.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, just like I have done for Wolf some time back, I have written this message I plan to send to Sakurai about putting in K. Rool on Twitter, and I am going to have someone translate it into Japanese and with that, I plan to use the translated version of the message to send to him when I get the chance. Until then, I want to show it to you all. Here it is.

Hello, Mr. Sakurai. In case you have forgotten, I am the person who sent you those messages of adding Wolf from Star Fox into Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS. On April the first, Iwata announced the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot, in which voters could vote on to tell you what character they would like to see in Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS, and perhaps who they may want in the next Smash Bros game. Well, I am not making this message to talk about Wolf, but instead, I will be talking about a different fighter: King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country games.

In case you have not noticed, there are many people like those on Smash Boards who want to see King K. Rool in the game as DLC. Before I show you the poll results, let me say something. I realize I am supposed to say something like this on the Ballot, but I hope you do not mind me saying this here: to start off, King K. Rool is quite a great villain in the eyes of many. He is like the Bowser of the Donkey Kong games, and there are things about his character and his being a villain many happen to like. With that said, he can also be a more unique fighter if he were in Smash, as he has plenty of moves from games such as the Blunderbuss from Donkey Kong Country 2, his crown he could throw from Donkey Kong Country 1, his jumping abilities from the same game, his helicopter pack from Donkey Kong Country 3, his shockwave move from Donkey Kong Country 3 and others. One possible Final Smash would be to have cannonballs fall from the sky to attack players like in the final boss stage of Donkey Kong Country 1, though there may be other possible final smashes for the villain.

Here are the results from one poll made asking people what fighters people have voted for on the ballot.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W5...XnGeXRsUjJo-xo/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

King K. Rool has the most votes here, with a total of 528 votes with a 49.8 percentage. That might have changed since the time I wrote this message. Now, here are the results so far of another poll.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ME...BFYhJL5dyr-NYQ/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

Here, King K. Rool has 73 votes with a percentage of 46.2%. I know it is not much, but it still does something. Here are another set of poll results.

http://nintendodojo.com/blogpost.aspx?id=159338

Here, there was a poll that had 2928 votes. The top 15 frontrunners can be seen here, and as you can see, King K. Rool is the first of the 15, which shows that many, many people voted for him. Here is one more set of results of some polls.

http://embed.gyazo.com/29acc56118ca4738de3926f35d885810.png

In this poll, a poll from the site, reddit had K. Rool having a 11.52 percentage of votes, while on Smash Boards, he had a 23.27 percentage votes. Finally, he has had a 20.22 percentage of votes on a site called GameFAQS. That adds to a 55.01 percentage of votes total. Here is one more set of results from one more site.

http://i.imgur.com/cmB6EUB.png

Here, K. Rool has a vote percentage of 10.50 votes. This is the most amount of votes for any character from Nintendo, not counting other, since that includes different characters, and not counting Shovel Knight, who is a Western third party.

As you can see, King K. Rool is popular to many, and many would like to see him in the game. I am making this message because people have wanted K. Rool in past games like Brawl, as well as Smash Bros. 4 before the ballot came along, but you did not add him in regardless. This message is made to show you K. Rool's popularity, so that you would be less likely to not include him as a DLC fighter for any kind of reason. I hope you take the time to read this message, and I hope my words help persuade you not only to add King K. Rool in Super Smash Brothers for the Wii U and 3DS, but to convince you not to ignore him in case you have not decided to make him already. Thank you for your time.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Hey guys, just like I have done for Wolf some time back, I have written this message I plan to send to Sakurai about putting in K. Rool on Twitter, and I am going to have someone translate it and with that, I plan to use the translated version of the message to send to him when I get the chance. Until then, I want to show it to you all. Here it is.

Hello, Mr. Sakurai. In case you have forgotten, I am the person who sent you those messages of adding Wolf from Star Fox into Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS. On April the first, Iwata announced the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot, in which voters could vote on to tell you what character they would like to see in Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS, and perhaps who they may want in the next Smash Bros game. Well, I am not making this message to talk about Wolf, but instead, I will be talking about a different fighter: King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country games.

In case you have not noticed, there are many people like those on Smash Boards who want to see King K. Rool in the game as DLC. Before I show you the poll results, let me say something. I realize I am supposed to say something like this on the Ballot, but I hope you do not mind me saying this here: to start off, King K. Rool is quite a great villain in the eyes of many. He is like the Bowser of the Donkey Kong games, and there are things about his character and his being a villain many happen to like. With that said, he can also be a more unique fighter if he were in Smash, as he has plenty of moves from games such as the Blunderbuss from Donkey Kong Country 2, his crown he could throw from Donkey Kong Country 1, his jumping abilities from the same game, his helicopter pack from Donkey Kong Country 3, his shockwave move from Donkey Kong Country 3 and others. One possible Final Smash would be to have cannonballs fall from the sky to attack players like in the final boss stage of Donkey Kong Country 1, though there may be other possible final smashes for the villain.

Here are the results from one poll made asking people what fighters people have voted for on the ballot.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W5...XnGeXRsUjJo-xo/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

King K. Rool has the most votes here, with a total of 528 votes with a 49.8 percentage. That might have changed since the time I wrote this message. Now, here are the results so far of another poll.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ME...BFYhJL5dyr-NYQ/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

Here, King K. Rool has 73 votes with a percentage of 46.2%. I know it is not much, but it still does something. Here are another set of poll results.

Here, there was a poll that had 2928 votes. The top 15 frontrunners can be seen here, and as you can see, King K. Rool is the first of the 15, which shows that many, many people voted for him. Here is one more set of results of some polls.

In this poll, a poll from the site, reddit had K. Rool having a 11.52 percentage of votes, while on Smash Boards, he had a 23.27 percentage votes. Finally, he has had a 20.22 percentage of votes on a site called GameFAQS. That adds to a 55.01 percentage of votes total. Here is one more set of results from one more site.

Here, K. Rool has a vote percentage of 10.50 votes. This is the most amount of votes for any character from Nintendo, not counting other, since that includes different characters, and not counting Shovel Knight, who is a Western third party.

As you can see, King K. Rool is popular to many, and many would like to see him in the game. I am making this message because people have wanted K. Rool in past games like Brawl, as well as Smash Bros. 4 before the ballot came along, but you did not add him in regardless. This message is made to show you K. Rool's popularity, so that you would be less likely to not include him as a DLC fighter for any kind of reason. I hope you take the time to read this message, and I hope my words help persuade you not only to add King K. Rool in Super Smash Brothers for the Wii U and 3DS, but to convince you not to ignore him in case you have not decided to make him already. Thank you for your time.

What do you all think?
It looks like you put an over abundance of effort into this, but I regret to inform you that Sakurai is not in-charge of DLC and didn't even get to see Lucas gameplay before he was revealed during the direct.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It looks like you put an over abundance of effort into this, but I regret to inform you that Sakurai is not in-charge of DLC and didn't even get to see Lucas gameplay before he was revealed during the direct.
So, should I send this to Nintendo of Japan instead? Man, that's a bummer.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It sounded to me like Sakurai was pretty on top of Mewtwo's stuff, considering he told us when Mewtwo was nearly done. I can't imagine he has nothing to do with other DLC, so I'm gonna need a source here.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Any source for this?
He even made a post on the day of the April Nintendo Direct says he can't wait to finally see gameplay for the new fighter, and he said he wasn't developing anymore Smash anymore anyway so even if he did develop Lucas and was only referring to seeing his trailer then Sakurai still wouldn't be the one to be making K Rool.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hey guys, just like I have done for Wolf some time back, I have written this message I plan to send to Sakurai about putting in K. Rool on Twitter, and I am going to have someone translate it into Japanese and with that, I plan to use the translated version of the message to send to him when I get the chance. Until then, I want to show it to you all. Here it is.

What do you all think?
PLEASE don't suggest the cannonballs specifically as a Final Smash. This is not because it's a bad idea but because I think it would be far more interesting as a special move. Your call though.

(Heck, I know that it probably makes no difference, but oh well.)

More importantly I have a major issue with your maths - you've taken percentages from separate sites and added them to get a 55%, which is a nonsense thing to do - he does not have 55% of votes. I understand why the original member did it (as an attempt of combining the data to get a "score" to rank characters by) but this too is flawed unless the same number of people voted in all three polls, which given the size of reddit seems unlikely. A weighted average of the three is far better.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Guys what ever you do, don't stop voting! keep going to different computers and voting for king k rool! keep telling and annoying people to vote for the all mighty king! it sounds like by this video that K Rool is the most highly voted character for the smash ballot! We Kan do it!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
PLEASE don't suggest the cannonballs specifically as a Final Smash. This is not because it's a bad idea but because I think it would be far more interesting as a special move. Your call though.

(Heck, I know that it probably makes no difference, but oh well.)

More importantly I have a major issue with your maths - you've taken percentages from separate sites and added them to get a 55%, which is a nonsense thing to do - he does not have 55% of votes. I understand why the original member did it (as an attempt of combining the data to get a "score" to rank characters by) but this too is flawed unless the same number of people voted in all three polls, which given the size of reddit seems unlikely. A weighted average of the three is far better.
I don't believe I did any math. Well, maybe a little, but not by too much. For the most part, I just wrote down what I saw. Not much math done in my part there. I hope you understand. That chart was not mine, too. So, I guess I should remove it?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Wow, people are actually still using the "K. Rool is too ugly" counter-point...how very disappointing. I mean, Bowser wasn't exactly beautiful back then either. :p

domokl

Smash Lord
He even made a post on the day of the April Nintendo Direct says he can't wait to finally see gameplay for the new fighter, and he said he wasn't developing anymore Smash anymore anyway so even if he did develop Lucas and was only referring to seeing his trailer then Sakurai still wouldn't be the one to be making K Rool.
link?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I don't believe I did any math. Well, maybe a little, but not by too much. For the most part, I just wrote down what I saw. Not much math done in my part there. I hope you understand. That chart was not mine, too. So, I guess I should remove it?
Apologies if I am coming across as confrontational - I am trying to save embarrassment though I concede that it annoys me that that particular abuse of statistics has gained traction.

I wouldn't quote that particular chart, and not solely for the reasons outlined previously. If you can find the individual polls, use those. Data entered into a spreadsheet is fairly meaningless and easily forged (not that I am suggesting it is, but I don't envisage anyone official puting any stock in it).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Apologies if I am coming across as confrontational - I am trying to save embarrassment though I concede that it annoys me that that particular abuse of statistics has gained traction.

I wouldn't quote that particular chart, and not solely for the reasons outlined previously. If you can find the individual polls, use those. Data entered into a spreadsheet is fairly meaningless and easily forged (not that I am suggesting it is, but I don't envisage anyone official puting any stock in it).
No problem.

Still going to keep the chart on the message. JUST KIDDING! I will remove it immediately. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom