• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Kinda doubt we'll get an animated trailer tbh. I'd love it, but I don't think they'd go through the effort, those things must have been hard to make. That said my idea for a trailer would be that Mario and DK are fighting Bowser, and Bowser is getting his butt kicked, until you see a krown fly across the screen and hit the two of them. It zooms in on K. Rool, shows his entry card, and proceeds to gameplay. Idk, I'm not super creative, but it could totally work
I'll just leave this here. Readers beware, this was from the times when I thought Ridley had a chance, and as such he will be somewhat more prominent than the others. It was intended as a villains trailer.

Hey all, Mike from Mike Vs. here!
Last year we created a silly K Rool video that ended up being quite popular:
youtube.com/watch?v=KG8jBpNvRCE
(Can't post the actual link on this account)

With the newly announced Smash Bros Fighters Ballot, we're busy working a on a new video skit to create awareness of our Croc King! The hashtag we'll be using is:
#KrocTheVote

Filming starts in a few weeks, so should have it up towards the end of the month :)

Keep up the K Rool support guys!
Your video was amazing! Thanks for the support guys, can't wait to see the new video! :)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Anybody else think that the DK series could get away with three newcomers in the future? I think K. Rool and Dixie especially, and Cranky to a lesser extent, all deserve to be playable, and I'd love to see all of them in Smash one day.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anybody else think that the DK series could get away with three newcomers in the future? I think K. Rool and Dixie especially, and Cranky to a lesser extent, all deserve to be playable, and I'd love to see all of them in Smash one day.
If King K.Rool and Dixie make in in now, I see no reason for them not to include Cranky in Smash 5. The more, the merrier. Hell, give me Lanky to!

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool and Dixie would be perfectly fine for Smash 4. Cranky should wait for 5, for sure.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see Cranky in, possibly even more than Dixie. He could have a combination of moves involving cane, and even throw barrels at people since he's supposed to be the DK who fought Mario in the arcade game

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

With the newly announced Smash Bros Fighters Ballot, we're busy working a on a new video skit to create awareness of our Croc King! The hashtag we'll be using is:
#KrocTheVote

Filming starts in a few weeks, so should have it up towards the end of the month :)

Best news we've gotten all day. Hopefully we get some more quality Breaking Bad references coupled along with it.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Actually Mewtwo DID get a CGI cutscene for his trailer... though it was almost nothing. It was only his eye appearing from the dark, then Mewtwo revealing himself. I'm saying it's a CGI cutscene because because you couldn't get this result by only recording gameplay footage, but I admit it's negligible compared to all newcomers in the base game. Lucas' trailer on the other hand has everything coming from gameplay footage (outside of the splash art of course).
and what do you think k rools entrance to a battle should be.

my ideas are
1. he is already on the stage but is playing dead,then you hear the "womp" "womp" " womp" then he springs back up onto his feet ready for battle.

2. you hear the familiar first few notes of the ganplank galleon theme and then he comes crashing down onto the stage from the top of the screen.
Yeah this would be awesome, and it would be particularly fitting for the character. Especially considering that it would fit his DLC status very well: him playing dead would represent his MIA status on the initial roster, and him getting up would represent his arrival in the playable cast! In all honesty, I find this even better than what I thought about... which I'm going to post for the sake of it anyway.
> We see two bats hanging from the sailing inside a cave.
> We hear a "walking" noise, and the bats leave due to being afraid.
> We see the one who was walking, and it was Donkey Kong.
> The cave is actually the banana hoard, and Donkey Kong is shocked to see that all bananas were stolen.
> Donkey leaves the cave, frees Diddy from a DK barrel, and together they beat a few Kritters.
> Donkey and Diddy go inside a Barrel Cannon and are launched to Final Destination, where Ganondorf and Bowser were awaiting for them.
> Diddy dodges Bowser's Fire Breath and attacks him in the belly, then Donkey Kong punches him to send him far away.
> Ganondorf is behind Donkey, charging a Warlock Punch, and Diddy jumps on Donkey to force him to crouch in order to dodge the attack, similar to how Robin saves Lucina from the Falcon Punch in his trailer.
> Diddy Kong then uses the Peanut Popgun to attack Ganondorf, before Donkey grabs him and throws him away.
> Donkey and Diddy clap one of each other's hand to celebrate their victory, but hearing a suspicious noise, Diddy shows himself to be hostile to this new potential threat. Quickly following him, Donkey Kong becomes wary as well.
> The previously invisible threat slowly becomes visible, and it's nothing else than King K. Rool himself!
> "King K. Rool [insert tagline here]"
Also I said a few weeks ago that I was going to post my own King K. Rool moveset... I already have almost all the moves in my mind, I hope I'll have the time to post it here soon!

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

#KrocTheVote

I expect to see a copy of Shrek Forever After on Blu-ray somewhere in the background. Don't disappoint me, fellas.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

#KrocTheVote

HECK YEAH! This is exactly the kind of thing that we need! Thanks for your support, Mike! Hope your video gets a lot of views! You'll need it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How big did the Ridley thread get before being put down? Will/have we surpass(ed) it?

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
For any looking to make/animate a K. Rool video, I have a crazy idea.

Basically, it's mimicking the opening to the TV series Mary Tyler Moore. With K. Rool replacing Mary, you see K. Rool in the elevator, power walking in the park, coming up the escalator and it ends with K. Rool throwing his crown up in the air, all while the famous theme song plays.

I think this could be really awesome and funny. For the actual video and more info, here are some links

http://www.retrojunk.com/content/ch...ler-moore-show#/content/child/intro/2459/show

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mary_Tyler_Moore_Show_opening_sequence

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, I think we had better pack it up and give up on #KrocTheVote.

People in this Reddit thread have come up with the perfect counterpoints to sink our Gangplank Galleon, so to speak.

I'll let them speak for themselves.

King K Rool just looks like a crazy naked pervert running around harassing the other smash fighters. He is the psycho perv version of Dedede, Wario and Bowser.
Well, K Rool wearing pants in Mario Super Sluggers is obviously a sign that his original character desig bothered Nintendo. So it seems realistic that they choose a different design than the original. You don't see DK or Charizard wear pants, because they have design elements that totally removes the fact that they are also naked. That's good and balanced character design.
Also get some pants dude! At least DK and DD are covered with hair, but imagine having to fight against some crazy naked crocodile that Smashes you with his plump belly button.
You heard it here first, folks. K. Rool is too naked for Smash.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Very excited for that Mike Vs. video it's about a time a YouTube personality with some backing helped the Kampaign!

I just voted again today on all my online devices. Also put up some Kampaign stuff on the DKC2 and Smash Miiverses

I also had a phenomenal reaction to my #KrocTheVote comment on the Smash FB page it garnered lots of comments and over 100 likes which to me is 100 eligible voters he he he

I think it's hilarious that the best thing they could come up with to fight the Krok is his klothing. (or lack of) shows there arent too many excuses for him to not be playable.

Good thing Brash isnt naked.

I mean Yoshi is a naked reptile as well

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

People in this Reddit thread have come up with the perfect counterpoints to sink our Gangplank Galleon, so to speak.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

Could they grasp anymore at those straws.....

Shulks in his skivvies as an alt and Zero Suit Samus may as well be painted on.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I think it's hilarious that the best thing they could come up with to fight the Krok is his klothing. (or lack of) shows there arent too many excuses for him to not be playable.

Good thing Brash isnt naked.

I mean Yoshi is a naked reptile as well
Yoshi wears boots your not naked if you have boots on

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4dk: actually wears less clothing than K.Rool. A cape is better coverage than just a tie.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
ugh typical gamers discriminating against reptilian sexuality, bunch of prudes

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But seriously, that is the most moronic piece of "reasoning" I have seen in some time.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman

I think I just lost brain cells from these "arguments".

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

I can't be the only one who's kind of proud of those statements.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
LOL, I remember years ago my friend would joke about how he needed to wear pants if he wanted to get in. I remember he really didn't like the fat and epxposed Paon design, then I showed him his classic design and he liked it much better.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I was hoping at least one of those comments would come from a Bayonetta supporter. I was not disappointed.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107

We have a naked man, Shulk, a naked woman, ZSS, now we need a naked animal: King K. Rool!

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Oh brother! Those are the most pathetic attempts of reasoning I have ever seen! I have seen lots of video game characters who don't really wear clothes, and it is still okay, since it doesn't hurt anything. Man, these people are just...wow.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion

Seriously?!

Top Bottom