• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I imagine if Sakurai isn't directly developing stuff any more I'd think he still has some sort of say in matters. He's probably consulted for what moves and traits to give characters and then everyone else does the actual implementation

However I don't think sending a message to Sakurai, or anyone at Nintendo about K. Rool will get you anywhere. The ballot is what's important focus on that, I doubt that message would reach anybody of significance. And even if it did, it probably wouldn't have much of an impact

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I imagine if Sakurai isn't directly developing stuff any more I'd think he still has some sort of say in matters. He's probably consulted for what moves and traits to give characters and then everyone else does the actual implementation

However I don't think sending a message to Sakurai, or anyone at Nintendo about K. Rool will get you anywhere. The ballot is what's important focus on that, I doubt that message would reach anybody of significance. And even if it did, it probably wouldn't have much of an impact
Understood, though I was more so trying to "tell" them not to forget and ignore K. Rool. Despite what I may have said in that message, I was not intentionally trying to get them to include him in, if you know what I mean.

So, if Sakurai isn't involved with DLC, does that mean Nintendo will be the ones reading the ballot results and deciding who to include?

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Understood, though I was more so trying to "tell" them not to forget and ignore K. Rool. Despite what I may have said in that message, I was not intentionally trying to get them to include him in, if you know what I mean.

So, if Sakurai isn't involved with DLC, does that mean Nintendo will be the ones reading the ballot results and deciding who to include?
As I said, I imagine Sakurai is still involved in some capacity. Nintendo probably looks at the characters with the best votes, and remove characters that are impossible to add (3rd parties and stuff), and tells Sakurai the best options, and he decides who would be the best fit, discusses movesets with his team, and then they go to work. Trust me, you don't need to "tell them" about K. Rool. They will know, he's getting tons of votes. He WILL at the bare minimum get considered for DLC, I can ASSURE you that. Whether he gets picked or not is a different story, which is something that a message like this will have absolutely no effect on. Just vote in the polls, that's what it's there for.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As I said, I imagine Sakurai is still involved in some capacity. Nintendo probably looks at the characters with the best votes, and remove characters that are impossible to add (3rd parties and stuff), and tells Sakurai the best options, and he decides who would be the best fit, discusses movesets with his team, and then they go to work. Trust me, you don't need to "tell them" about K. Rool. They will know, he's getting tons of votes. He WILL at the bare minimum get considered for DLC, I can ASSURE you that. Whether he gets picked or not is a different story, which is something that a message like this will have absolutely no effect on. Just vote in the polls, that's what it's there for.
Well, looks like my message was unnecessary, not that it was necessary to begin with, but hey, I was just trying to help. No harm in that, right?

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Well, looks like my message was unnecessary, not that it was necessary to begin with, but hey, I was just trying to help. No harm in that, right?
We appreciate the sentiment, but it's honestly probably a waste of time. I mean hey, you can go for it, it probably won't HURT to do it, but so long as you understand it probably won't have any long term consequences you'll be ok

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We appreciate the sentiment, but it's honestly probably a waste of time. I mean hey, you can go for it, it probably won't HURT to do it, but so long as you understand it probably won't have any long term consequences you'll be ok
No need to tell me that. I knew they can look at the votes in the ballot before I made that message, and I should have thought about that more before the message was made. Still, now that I am "reminded", I see no need to send this (plus, you saved me money on getting this translated). It could have been a waste of time, but I put this together in a very short amount of time (believe me), so not too much was lost.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Look at his Twitter and he specifically says "Please don't send me requests, send them to the poll instead." Pour your effort into getting as many quality write-ups/ideas into that instead of contacting him directly.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Look at his Twitter and he specifically says "Please don't send me requests, send them to the poll instead." Pour your effort into getting as many quality write-ups/ideas into that instead of contacting him directly.
Fair enough, though even if what I may have said in that message said otherwise, this was more of a reminder than a request.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Its November 2015. Nintendo Direct time. You see the classic Smash cross before the trailer. As the King K. Rool silouette starts to be clear. This music plays:
Note: Man, that was probably the hardest K. Rool final fight I have ever done.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Speaking of K. Rool reveal trailers, it's kind of a shame in my eyes that the Mewtwo trailer started out with just his eye before panning out to the rest of his body--that's kind of how I imagined a K. Rool trailer starting out. What with that easily recognizable tic and all.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Why are people voting for SHOVEL KNIGHT instead of voting for K Rool? smh.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
because you were looking at a reddit poll lol. Ever since artsy omni did his smashified everyone has a huge erection for shovel knight, I know it's not going to happen though.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
People will vote for the character they want. Our best bet is to continue drawing undecided voters to our cause.

By the way, here is a poll of all the characters those in Japan wanted:

Look at King K. Rool's permission (sorry if this was a repost).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Never mind. Forget what I said. Don't want to make this anymore public.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, I was going to do it today, but I was too busy. TOMORROW, I am going to my college and vote on all the computers I can find. I will mostly vote for King K. Rool and Wolf, but there will still be others. Is it still a good idea to do that?
As long as it does not get you in trouble with the College Staff, then I recommend it.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Does anyone actually think King K. Rool isn't dominating the polls right now? Shovel Knight may be trailing above the Kremling King in the USA's Ballot (which still puts him in second, by the way, which is awesome), but from what I've read, King K. Rool is rooling over in Japan, and Shovel Knight isn't even in the top ten. I think that's pretty kool.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
People need to vote for characters that can actually happen. K. Rool's inclusion on Smash is long overdue!

I honestly believe they will pick Nintendo only characters, we have enough 3rd party characters...maybe Snake could come back but that's it. Also, I can't help laughing at people voting for characters that are already in the game as assist trophies or bosses.

And come on...PAPER MARIO? As if we need another Mario, but knowing Sakurai this is very likely to happen.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Does anyone actually think King K. Rool isn't dominating the polls right now? Shovel Knight may be trailing above the Kremling King in the USA's Ballot (which still puts him in second, by the way, which is awesome), but from what I've read, King K. Rool is rooling over in Japan, and Shovel Knight isn't even in the top ten, and I think that's pretty kool.

Well, it does help that Shovel Knight doesn't officially exist in Japan... sadly don't think Shantae really does either

Also, if you guys wanna get technical, DK King of Swing is K.Rool's Modern design, Mario Super Sluggers was just him in disguise

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Does anyone actually think King K. Rool isn't dominating the polls right now? Shovel Knight may be trailing above the Kremling King in the USA's Ballot (which still puts him in second, by the way, which is awesome), but from what I've read, King K. Rool is rooling over in Japan, and Shovel Knight isn't even in the top ten, and I think that's pretty kool.

Let's be real, Nintendo will only considerate the japanese votes, just like they do with everything else. Shovel Knight isn't even that popular to be a DLC character, someone needs to stop these kids on Reddit and 4chan.

I need a K Rool support pic for my siggy!

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Let's be real, Nintendo will only considerate the japanese votes, just like they do with everything else. Shovel Knight isn't even that popular to be a DLC character, someone needs to stop these kids on Reddit and 4chan.

I need a K Rool support pic for my siggy!
I think that's a bit unfair. Nintendo's generally been quite fair in their treatment of American fans, and this is also true with Sakurai himself. For example, if I recall very few Japanese fans even realized who Little Mac was. His popularity is overwhelmingly within the states and practically non-existent within Japan.

I think people can be quick to be argumentative and opinionated. Shovel Knight is amazing, and a great character, but I personally feel King K. Rool inclusion is much longer overdue.

And come on, Paper Mario would be rad, and ideally not do a thing shared by the other plumbers. But again, I believe King K. Rool should have priority.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398

As much as I wish it were true, I wouldn't be so sure. King K. Rool's definitely high up, but he may not be dominating as much we would like.
I swear I had the twitter page for this, but I lost it atm and probably won't find it again now, but trust me on this. A guy on twitter has been translating Japanese tweets related to the smash ballot, and, while they're not actual results and may not even be that indicative of the actual ressults, he counted up the tweeted votes, and K. Rool was lagging behind in 11th place.

I swear I'll find it again and link it.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Well, it does help that Shovel Knight doesn't officially exist in Japan... sadly don't think Shantae really does either

Also, if you guys wanna get technical, DK King of Swing is K.Rool's Modern design, Mario Super Sluggers was just him in disguise
People are voting for Shantae?.... That doesn't surprise me cause I've seen some folks wanting Goku and Shrek
I think that's a bit unfair. Nintendo's generally been quite fair in their treatment of American fans, and this is also true with Sakurai himself. For example, if I recall very few Japanese fans even realized who Little Mac was. His popularity is overwhelmingly within the states and practically non-existent within Japan.

I think people can be quick to be argumentative and opinionated. Shovel Knight is amazing, and a great character, but I personally feel King K. Rool inclusion is much longer overdue.

And come on, Paper Mario would be rad, and ideally not do a thing shared by the other plumbers. But again, I believe King K. Rool should have priority.
They listen japanese fans more and it's kind of obvious, they are a japanese company after all.

Also, Punch Out is an classic Nintendo franchise so idk why Little Mac wasnt' included in Melee or Brawl, I like him on Smash 4. I didn't know he wasn't popular in Japan.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
With all of these people coming in for requests, It's 2006 all over again. I'm even playing Smash For again(Only because Hyrule Warriors has lost its appeal to me). They really tuned up the hype for this game now.

How many of you Kutthroats were around during Brawl's post-E3 hype? Does it bring back memories for you? I really liked it in the beginning, but it got out of hand near 2008. Now, it's just an all out war. Moreso in this current internet society.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
600 pages is a lot of pages.

If it was a book I wouldn't read it because it's 600 pages.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Never cared for Shovel Knight. I am sure he won't get in anyway. Just saying.

EDIT: I seem to be having trouble with the sig. I edited the signature, but it doesn't show. I know this is off topic, but can anyone help me out?

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
And I'd like to acknowledge that the K.Rool thread has reached 600 pages of discussion. Congratulations, we've made it this far, and our chances are as pristine as Golden Bananas. Mmmmm.., Bananas... Anybody here downloaded the VC version of Donkey Kong 64? I'm loving it so far, just up to the Kongo Jungle at the moment, with Diddy Kong locked up for abusing his Hoo-hahs against the Kremling leader.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Let them vote for Shovel Knights, those votes will go to waste. He could finish first and still probably wouldn't get selected
Well, at least waste your time and your votes with K. Rool and Dixie then. :kirby2:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
And I'd like to acknowledge that the K.Rool thread has reached 600 pages of discussion. Congratulations, we've made it this far, and our chances are as pristine as Golden Bananas. Mmmmm.., Bananas... Anybody here downloaded the VC version of Donkey Kong 64? I'm loving it so far, just up to the Kongo Jungle at the moment, with Diddy Kong locked up for abusing his Hoo-hahs against the Kremling leader.
Gunna totally get it once it releases for the NA eShop in like two weeks. I've always wanted to play the game but never had the opportunity. Also wanna give DKC3 a shot soon. Man all this K. Rool discussion has put me on such a Donkey Kong Country kick recently

Top Bottom