• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Groose

Smash Champion

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm working on compiling the definitive news about all leakers.

Do you know who the guy who leaked a low-priority K. Rool is?
I think it's the Dog Hunt Dog guy who said that, judging from BKupa's post on the last page. He was also supposedly debunked by the Chrom/Lucina duo leaker if I understood the situation right.

Groose

Smash Champion
1) Neogaf E3 Leaker
Claims: Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Animal Crossing Guy, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Miis were to be shown at E3 2013.
Credibility: Obviously, this takes a hit in that we only saw three E3 characters. He also didn't refer to Villager by his canon name. Still... he predicted Wii Fit Trainer.
Other: Interestingly enough, he's only made that one leak. He isn't like the others in that he hasn't made any other claims.

2) InfiniteGTX
Claims:
1) Little Mac is in, was almost an E3 character.
2) Series themed Break the Targets.
3) Melee-esque Adventure Mode.
4) Mewtwo just got clearance and will function like Zelda/Sheik
5) Pokemon representative will be the next reveal.
6) Dixie Kong is playable.
7) K. Rool is a comical boss that fights you three times.
8) Chrom and Lucina function as a tag team and appear alongside Ike and Marth as the Fire Emblem Reps.

Credibilty: Pre-Brawl, the same fellow leaked playable Krystal, decloned Ganondorf, and Poltergust Luigi.
Other: He deleted all of his pre-Brawl "leaks" as soon as they were discovered and claims that he has a new source now.

3) WiiLuvU
Claims:
1. Dixie is the only forbiddenseven character planned.
2. Yellow Devil is a stage hazard only.
3. Mac is in and was nearly an E3 reveal. King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
4. Slight character customization is available. For example, Fox's blaster may change speeds and power.
5. Adventure Mode between Melee and Brawl.
6. Bosses are chosen with respect to playable characters---no Jr. because Bowser wouldn't fight him.
7. Mewtwo on the shortlist---near definite return.
8. No DLC of any sort.
9. King K. Rool is low-priority, as he doesn't add much uniqueness.
10. Duck Hunt Dog is a playable character.
11. No Ridley. No Jigglypuff. No Snake.
12. Paper Mario is in.

Credibility: He had previously revealed that Wii Sports U was a pack-in title for the Wii U and that Pikmin 3 would be called Pikmin Universe.
Other: His threads have since been deleted. Whether or not he has admitted that it was false is currently unknown to me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Groose has it right. I'm more than ready to move on from these leaks, though while we're on the subject of three K. Rool bosses, I may as well throw out my guesses as to how they'd work. If the bosses appear in the order of the original DKC games, King would be the easiest and Baron would be the hardest. Therefore, I imagine King would just be throwing his crown and charging, Kaptain would be doing something similar except shooting multiple projectiles and charging with his blunderbuss fire, and Baron would make the fight more aerial and campy with electricity.

...yeah, that would be, to take a page from Shokio's book, DULL AS SHIT. Good thing it's looking less and less probable.

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose has it right. I'm more than ready to move on from these leaks, though while we're on the subject of three K. Rool bosses, I may as well throw out my guesses as to how they'd work. If the bosses appear in the order of the original DKC games, King would be the easiest and Baron would be the hardest. Therefore, I imagine King would just be throwing his crown and charging, Kaptain would be doing something similar except shooting multiple projectiles and charging with his blunderbuss fire, and Baron would make the fight more aerial and campy with electricity.

...yeah, that would be, to take a page from Shokio's book, DULL AS SHIT. Good thing it's looking less and less probable.

Hah. I love Shokio, even if we don't always agree. Heck, I had to like his Ridley video even though I'm a big Ridley fan. He's a straight shooter, and he takes crap from no one. I'm planning on doing a response to his Ridley video once I get my voice back; I'll be sure to link you guys to it if I do get around to it.

But yeah... K. Rool isn't big enough and his moves don't cater towards those of a typical Smash boss. He's really playable material to me. I guess I could see him functioning as an Assist Trophy... but that would just be odd, too.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Even though I'm not expecting much from today's Nintendo Direct, we may learn more about Tropical Freeze, such as who that fourth Kong is, or at least get some new gameplay footage and/or David Wise music.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
InfiniteGTX's leak discredited, Luigi turned up instead of a Pokémon character, rejoice!

So right now there's no believable rumors regarding K. Rool's inclusion in the game, we're on just as blank a note as a week ago. For the better in this case.

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm kind of shocked we're seeing Luigi... he's always an unlockable character! Does that mean that we'll be seeing a new character enter from the Mario universe?

K. Rool is considered to be a part of the "greater" Mario universe... heh heh heh.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm kind of shocked we're seeing Luigi...
They might be pulling a reverse Melee. Instead of CF and Ness being starters and Luigi and Jiggs being unlockables they might make Luigi and Jiggs starters and make CF and Ness unlockables. Just a little thought I had, Luigi is obviously repping Dream Team too, while Jiggs can rep X & Y if Mewtwo is an unlockable.

Groose

Smash Champion
They might be pulling a reverse Melee. Instead of CF and Ness being starters and Luigi and Jiggs being unlockables they might make Luigi and Jiggs starters and make CF and Ness unlockables. Just a little thought I had, Luigi is obviously repping Dream Team too, while Jiggs can rep X & Y if Mewtwo is an unlockable.

Yeah, that's a possibility. But even so, I do think the fact that we've got three Mario reps at this early point in time suggests that we may see a fifth slot come into play; it is a stretch to assume this impacts K. Rool's chances.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
King K. Rool only appearence in a Mario game was Super Mario Sluggers. He is considered a DK character like Donkey and Diddy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
King K. Rool only appearence in a Mario game was Super Mario Sluggers. He is considered a DK character like Donkey and Diddy.
Yes, but he's still part of the greater Mario universe, in which all of the Mario, DK, Yoshi, and Wario games take place.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So yeah. All the leaks are now completely shot. (Woohoo!)

I've never been so glad to see Luigi, although I was totally sitting there hoping for a Little Mac trailer; but the time will come...

Groose

Smash Champion
So yeah. All the leaks are now completely shot. (Woohoo!)

I've never been so glad to see Luigi, although I was totally sitting there hoping for a Little Mac trailer; but the time will come...

Except for the Neogaf E3 Leaker. You know, the Wii Fit Trainer bloke. Sadly, we won't know until launch if he lied.

Yes, but he's still part of the greater Mario universe, in which all of the Mario, DK, Yoshi, and Wario games take place.

Exactly my point. There is a slight chance of this boosting his odds as he is part of the greater Mario universe... but Bowser Jr., Toad, and Waluigi are really the main beneficiaries in my eyes.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, that's a possibility. But even so, I do think the fact that we've got three Mario reps at this early point in time suggests that we may see a fifth slot come into play; it is a stretch to assume this impacts K. Rool's chances.
Well, hey, if the roster is arranged like Brawl's, with five Mario characters in the far left column, there would need to be five 'spin-off' characters in the adjacent column. And that fifth character sure as hell ain't coming from Yoshi or Wario.

Luigi's reveal ended up being far better than anything we would have likely seen from Tropical Freeze, since it buried this latest leaker in the hole he dug for himself with the "Pokemon update" gamble (yes, a gamble, because a Pokemon character was and is likely to happen due to new Pokemon releases). Personally, I don't think I'll ever be 100% relieved until I see K. Rool glaring back at me from the website, but for now and a long while, we get to rest easy with a blank slate.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Well, hey, if the roster is arranged like Brawl's, with five Mario characters in the far left column, there would need to be five 'spin-off' characters in the adjacent column. And that fifth character sure as hell ain't coming from Yoshi or Wario.
A Mario spin-off character that isn't from the Wario or Yoshi series, eh?

:troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He doesn't really do much with Donkey Kong in general, aside from occasional cutesy pairings of Kirby and Diddy.

I do adore his K. Rool shoutout in "You're a Mean King, Dedede" though. ;)

Groose

Smash Champion
He doesn't really do much with Donkey Kong in general, aside from occasional cutesy pairings of Kirby and Diddy.

I do adore his K. Rool shoutout in "You're a Mean King, Dedede" though. ;)

Heh. The Grinch movie was a childhood favorite, so the video as a whole was great. That was definitely the highlight, though.

We can only hope that his inclusion in Smash will bring a few more gags to the strip. :p

MattX20

Smash Hero
If we do get King K Rool in Smash 4, I hope we get a Gangplank Galleon stage along with him. Either that or his ship from DK64.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Gangplank Galleon is vintage K. Rool, though I do adore Starphoenix's Flying Krock concept as well. It basically takes characters through every DKC2 level archetype and is fanservice to the max.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can't choose. K.Rool just brings too much awesome with him. I do hope we gonna see a DK stage or Diddy soon though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just hope we get another Gangplank Galleon remix this time, be it the Brawl version, the original, or a totally new one. I just love that tune. :grin:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DKC music in general is just too boss. I'm kinda anxious for the DKC stages this time. Am hoping they take most inspiration from DKC2, Returns and the original DKC. Since Sakurai already mentioned that Mega Man 2 is the most popular Mega Man game, which is why he used most of Mega Man's abilities from that game, he does a similar approach for the DKC series. In terms of stages. Cause I'm not that fond of the idea of a Diddy and Dixie duo. Especially cause of the extreme bitterness I'd feel for not being able to do that in Tropical Freeze.

Also, I'm kinda relying on Sakurai giving Diddy his ONE solo role. As I'm still upset about Diddy's diminishing role in the series. Yes I mad.

Groose

Smash Champion
Also, I'm kinda relying on Sakurai giving Diddy his ONE solo role. As I'm still upset about Diddy's diminishing role in the series. Yes I mad.

Diddy's only real starring role was in DKC2. He never really had a huge role in the series to begin with. He's a cool guy, but he is pretty much THE sidekick.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy's only real starring role was in DKC2. He never really had a huge role in the series to begin with. He's a cool guy, but he is pretty much THE sidekick.

I digress. Rare tried their best to establish their created characters a lot in the DKC series. I'd even say that Diddy is the real actual star of the DKC triology, togheter with Dixie. He also had Diddy Kong Racing as his own title, wasn't replaced in DK64 while Dixie was... It's just a shame to see him in such lesser roles, and seeing Luigi with all these big titles of his own. Before Luigi's Mansion (GameCube), Diddy was argubly much bigger in DKC than Luigi was in Mario Bros. Am not happy with his diminishing role at all...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I digress. Rare tried their best to establish their created characters a lot in the DKC series. I'd even say that Diddy is the real actual star of the DKC triology, togheter with Dixie. He also had Diddy Kong Racing as his own title, wasn't replaced in DK64 while Dixie was... It's just a shame to see him in such lesser roles, and seeing Luigi with all these big titles of his own. Before Luigi's Mansion (GameCube), Diddy was argubly much bigger in DKC than Luigi was in Mario Bros. Am not happy with his diminishing role at all...
At least Diddy's had a role as of late. Look at K. Rool!

See? I managed to relate this to the topic. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool at least got to be the main villain of DK Jungle Climber. Diddy was even worse of than in Returns in that game. He was basically a extra hit and a power up combined. I'm longing heavily for a Diddy main hero role. Or at least, a co-main hero role.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
K.Rool at least got to be the main villain of DK Jungle Climber. Diddy was even worse of than in Returns in that game. He was basically a extra hit and a power up combined. I'm longing heavily for a Diddy main hero role. Or at least, a co-main hero role.
Well, until then, there's always Diddy Kong Racing. I never had it on the N64, but I played the hell out of it on the DS. :laugh:

Man, I wish we'd be able to get some content from that in Smash...

But anyway, K. Rool should have...cool moves? Yeah.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Without Rare I doubt Diddy will receive any more starring roles. I'd say the only hopes lies in another DKR, but I don't know how likely that is. Was hoping that rumor from a while back was true, oh well. :(

But anyway, K. Rool should have...cool moves? Yeah.
He should have a taunt where his eye bulges out even more then it pushes it back in. So gross it's awesome. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I at least hoped for the ability to pair up Diddy with Dixie in Tropical Freeze, making him become the main Kong... But no. Not even in 2 Player mode! DK just HAS to be controlled. This was less bothersome in Wii's Returns, cause there where just 2 Kongs. But having to choose between Diddy and Dixie...? Shame to say it but, I doubt I'll notice much of Dixie's inclusion in Tropical Freeze. DIDDY MASTER RACE FOREVER BABY! :diddy:

The world isn't fair! :cry:

Am hoping Returns 3 will give us at least Kremlings, K.Rool and ability to make Diddy the main Kong. It's very discouraging seeing your favorite series 'apperantly' returning to full glory, but it's still lacking fundamental things that made the series your favorite to begin with. And yes, able to choose my main character is part of that.

Donkey Kong himself has returned to glory yeah. But not everything and everyone surounding him.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
They're gonna put secrets in the levels that require help from Diddy or Dixie though. To get 100% completion, you're probably gonna need to return to levels with different kongs on DK's back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll refuse to not give it a try to enter those secrets using Diddy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I got the opportunity to play DK64 for the first time at my cousin's house these past few days, and it's been kind of surreal at points. Having watched LPs and cutscenes multiple times, I was able to recite all of K. Rool's dialogue along with him, which was brilliant.

I have difficulty understanding why people demand DK be playable in all of his games, as if his absence ruins those games. Speaking as bloody K. Rool fans, no one understands better than us the pain of a favorite character's absence, but just like no Kremlings didn't damage DKCR as a game, neither did DK being a hostage instead of a character in DKC2 or 3. Maybe once Miyamoto fades into the background a bit more, we'll get a Diddy's Kong Quest Returns to expand the character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just hope we get to see K. Rool again, and soon at that. This is coming from someone who hasn't had the chance to play a DKC game, K. Rool is still a good villain, and I've seen enough footage from the DKC games to enjoy it without playing it.

I also hope we see a few more Kongs in Tropical Freeze other than Dixie and the DKCR cast.

Groose

Smash Champion
I just hope we get to see K. Rool again, and soon at that. This is coming from someone who hasn't had the chance to play a DKC game, K. Rool is still a good villain, and I've seen enough footage from the DKC games to enjoy it without playing it.

I also hope we see a few more Kongs in Tropical Freeze other than Dixie and the DKCR cast.
King K. Rool's only chance for an appearance is probably Smash. And we're probably only going to see one other Kong.

Sorry guys, 4th playable Kong is going to be MegaDonkeyKong.
Nah, you're wrong. It's going to be King Kong. :troll:

Top Bottom