• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I AM JOHNKNIGHT1,​
AND I SEE A WHOLE ARMY OF MY DONKEY KONG COUNTRYMEN...​
...here in defiance of K. Rool haters!!!​
You have come to become K. Rool supporters...​
...and K. Rool supporters you are!!!​
What will you do without K. Rool in Smash (again)=???
Will you be vocal=???​
Be vocal of your support, and you might be trolled!!!​
Be silent, and you'll be troll-free...​
...for at least a while.​
And hearing the K. Rool haters many years from now,​
would you be willing to trade ALL THE DAYS from this day to that (day) for ONE CHANCE​
JUST ONE CHANCE
TO COME BACK HERE​
AND TELL OUR ENEMIES​
THAT THEY MAY HATE ON US,​
BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR LOVE OF K. ROOL!!!
[collapse="Had to re-post this"]COME, my pale-faced children,
Follow well in order, get your weapons ready;
Have you your blunderbusses? have you your sharp edged crowns? Pioneers! O pioneers!

For we cannot tarry here,
We must watch my darlings, we must bear the brunt of danger,
We, the youthful sinewy races, all the rest on us depend, Pioneers! O pioneers!

O you youths, K. Rool youths,
So impatient, full of action, full of manly hope and friendship,
Plain I see you, K. Rool youths, see you Smashing with the foremost, Pioneers! O pioneers!

Have the elder races halted?
Do they droop and end their lesson, wearied, over there beyond the E3?
We take up the task eternal, and the burden, and the lesson, Pioneers! O pioneers!

All the past we leave behind;
We debouch upon a newer, mightier Smash, varied Smash,
Fresh and strong the game we seize, game of labor and the march, Pioneers! O pioneers![/collapse]

D

Deleted member

It's not as good as the DKC games. Heck, despite the hate this will garner for me, I preferred Returns over DK64. Still, it was a very good game.
Yeah, I see that DK64 is most likely going to keep the record for "most things to collect in a video game" for many, MANY years to come. I could have gotten farther in DK64 if I played it right now rather than when I was a little kid. I only played the first DKC and Returns and DKC gave me a rough time with its difficulty... though they are very kind in Returns by giving you tons of lives and Banana Coins (I never got a game over in Returns and got multiple game overs in DKC even with the BARRAL cheat).

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I feel like it's important for everyone to listen to this again. The fact that this isn't being posted every few pages is clearly a travesty.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, that video... my childhood... SO... MUCH... FEELS!!!

Why did the Melee DK Rap have to be so bad=??? WHY CRANKY, WHYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?

Also, this is now one of my home threads again. I'ma gonna post here more often (hopefully).

Oh, and btw, K. Rool's gun from DKC2 literally has to be his neutral B; it just has to be!!!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Before I post the following, I'd like to mention that K.Rool is one of my most wanted characters for Smash 4.

After some thinking, I personally believe that K.Rool's lack of appearances in Donkey Kong games is rather harmful to his chances. While he is extremely iconic to the series, he hasn't been a big deal in a big game since what... DK 64? This is just my way of thinking recently...

Again. I love K.Rool and would love to see him. But let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make the cut.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, that video... my childhood... SO... MUCH... FEELS!!!

Why did the Melee DK Rap have to be so bad=??? WHY CRANKY, WHYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?

Also, this is now one of my home threads again. I'ma gonna post here more often (hopefully).

Oh, and btw, K. Rool's gun from DKC2 literally has to be his neutral B; it just has to be!!!
InB4 It's his Side B. :troll:

In all seriousness, I think the Blunderbuss and Krown can easily be interchanged as Neutral Special and Side Special.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was just on YouTube and i saw a few people STILL trying to use the King K Rool is owned by Rare argument. And they also went as far to say that any Nintendo game that he was in after DK64 didn't count for some reason. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
After some thinking, I personally believe that K.Rool's lack of appearances in Donkey Kong games is rather harmful to his chances.

Argument debunked.

Also, K. Rool is a ridiculously popular character with possibly more moveset potential than anyone else. And his series is huge now. DKC Returns sold approximately 5 million copies on the Wii edition alone, and it wasn't even really marketed by Nintendo unlike Stale Sword or heck, even Mario Party *insert random number here for whatever mediocre game*

Plus, again, characters. K. Rool arguably has more moveset, playstyle, and unique potential than any other character, and on top of that he would be perfect for Smash. We could use more "funny characters," but more importantly, we could use actual heavyweights. Sorry, a 5'7 guy with a sword who weighs like 180 pounds is not a heavyweight guys. A giant Crocodile is another story.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike gets a +5 Defence boost with Ragnell, of coarse he's a heavy weight. :smirk: :laugh:

But yeah, I get where you're coming from.

Radiant Dawn Ike could serve as a heavy weight however. Especially with the Vanguard armor. But logically, he shouldn't weight that much more than Link.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But yeah, I get where you're coming from.

Radiant Dawn Ike could serve as a heavy weight however. Especially with the Vanguard armor. But logically, he shouldn't weight that much more than Link.
Well at least Ike is like 6 feet tall instead of a below average height male who is rather skinny with not a ton of "strong" muscle mass.

He makes sense as a heavyweight. If he really is about 6 feet tall then he should weigh around 230-ish pounds, which is roughly the weight of a heavyweight fighter.

Although if we're talking strictly weight, K. Rool is basically a sumo because he's a crocodile, and their meat is heavy, which is why those things weigh like way more than humans do.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've said it before, but I'm not going to be 100% secure in K. Rool's inclusion until he's on the website in all his glory, because try as I may, I can't stop brainstorming worst case scenarios where he gets skipped over. If he's not in, I hope people realize that K. Rool not getting into SSB4 wouldn't be because of MUH RELEVANCE, but because Sakurai decided other characters were a higher priority, similarly to how Ridley not getting into Brawl wasn't because of TOO BIG, but because Sakurai decided other characters were a higher priority.

I am 100% secure that we will receive at least one heavyweight newcomer, that we will receive at least one Donkey Kong series newcomer, and that we will receive at least one more fan-favorite newcomer. Because K. Rool sits neatly on the point where these criteria intersect, because he's an important recurring character in his own right, and because he's insanely easy to create, I think he's a highly likely pick for any roster.

But you know what makes him even more likely than any of that?

He's starring in a new DVD again!!! Donkey Kong Country: Raiders of the Lost Banana becomes relevant October 1!!!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Also, K. Rool is a ridiculously popular character with possibly more moveset potential than anyone else. And his series is huge now. DKC Returns sold approximately 5 million copies on the Wii edition alone, and it wasn't even really marketed by Nintendo unlike Stale Sword or heck, even Mario Party *insert random number here for whatever mediocre game*

Plus, again, characters. K. Rool arguably has more moveset, playstyle, and unique potential than any other character, and on top of that he would be perfect for Smash. We could use more "funny characters," but more importantly, we could use actual heavyweights. Sorry, a 5'7 guy with a sword who weighs like 180 pounds is not a heavyweight guys. A giant Crocodile is another story.
Also, it's important to take Sakurai's comments about characters having to be really unique into consideration. Donkey Kong is destined to get a newcomer, it's just a no-brainer. I'm not meaning to bash on Dixie, but honestly, she's really just another Kong, and many people view her as nothing more than a girly Diddy Kong who can spin her hair around to fly (note: not me, but many do.) She wouldn't stick out too much among the other characters, and we're not lacking on light weights. K. Rool on the other hand is VERY different from the rest of the DK crew, and the rest of the Smash roster too. He's not a Kong which greatly helps him sticking out, he's a crocodile which is something we don't have on the roster either, he has the potential to have the most whacky and fun moveset in the game, and he's both a villain and a heavy weight, both which are lacking on the roster.

So while Dixie wouldn't be a bad addition to the roster, she just doesn't fit what seems to be Sakurai's criteria as well as K. Rool does. The sidekick role is already filled out on the roster with Diddy Kong, why include another sidekick in the franchise when you can include a whole new part of the DK franchise that isn't represented: The villains. K. Rool just fits so well into Sakurai's criteria, plus he's crazily popular, of course the only counter-argument you can use against him is that he hasn't appeared in the new DKC titles, but really, is that really gonna be the end all, be all? I sure hope Sakurai is smarter than that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So pretty much we all agree that K. Rool is to Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS what Diddy Kong was to Brawl=???

I mean seriously, Sakurai would be stupid not to add him. He added 3 lighter weight characters (well, maybe Mega Man is in the middle), and we already have way too many lower weight characters. We need more heavy characters, which means that we should get characters like Mewtwo, like Roy, like Ridley, and like K. Rool.

Add in K. Rool's ridiculous originality, and we are as good as a hoard of golden bananas!!! :shades:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm really looking forward to K. Rool's appearance as well in Smash. I hope he gets revealed soon if he is playable. (Which he should) :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm still thinking he'd be hidden. Maybe even reference the fact that he's been behind the curtain controlling KAOS the entire time.
I don't know, he would be great for promotionals and advertising. I think it would be unwise to have more than say 2 not revealed newcomers before release.

I mean, he's just too big and popular of a character not to have as a promotional character, and his "charm" would make fans fall in love with him.

Heck, as I've said before, I think the whole roster ought to be revealed before the release of the game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
He could be hidden and still be revealed before hand. (said to the tone of this)

I figure Luigi being revealed kinda blew the lid off of that ugly can of worms.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Eh, that is definitely a possibility.

But as long as K. Rool is revealed beforehand, Nintendo isn't blowing a promotional character. I mean, look at the characters revealed beforehand in Brawl (all the starters plus Marth, Ness, Snake, and Sonic): they were the biggest promotional characters.

The only hidden character that wasn't revealed beforehand officially and could be a big promotional character was Lucario, who of course was accidentally revealed beforehand anyways. :laugh:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I belive we will get King K. Rool soon,Tropical Freeze comes out in November and if they follow the pattern that's either Diddy or (and?) King K. Rool. I am more confident in the Kremling king than I am in the space pirtate leader. Interesting and different,makes people want to play the game and heavily requested by fans.

Groose

Smash Champion
Well at least Ike is like 6 feet tall instead of a below average height male who is rather skinny with not a ton of "strong" muscle mass.

He makes sense as a heavyweight. If he really is about 6 feet tall then he should weigh around 230-ish pounds, which is roughly the weight of a heavyweight fighter.

Although if we're talking strictly weight, K. Rool is basically a sumo because he's a crocodile, and their meat is heavy, which is why those things weigh like way more than humans do.

Do you see him as heavier than Bowser? Bowser lacks the gut that K. Rool has, and he's become more upright in this game. Even so, he has a shell that probably weighs a ton.

I belive we will get King K. Rool soon,Tropical Freeze comes out in November and if they follow the pattern that's either Diddy or (and?) King K. Rool. I am more confident in the Kremling king than I am in the space pirtate leader. Interesting and different,makes people want to play the game and heavily requested by fans.
We'll probably get Diddy around Tropical Freeze's reveal... K. Rool will be either the final newcomer revealed pre-launch or will be a secret character. As the final character revealed before launch, he'd create hype at the last minute, when it's most needed. As a secret character, he could please fans that were somewhat dismayed going into the game.

Personally, I'd prefer he's a secret character myself. All that torturous waiting would be a pain... but the surprise of seeing the King in the game would probably be even greater than that of seeing Mewtwo all those years ago.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
We have few iconic Nintendo characters left, so i think the King would work perfect as a starter
Anyway, have we talked about what would happen if Dixie gets confirmed as PC? I think that could hurt the Kings chances. I just dont see 4 DK characters happening.
And I would HATE if she gets in instead of King.K.Rool. I like Dixie, but cmon Rool is a way better choice (originality, a villain, a FREAKING King/Pirate/scientist crocodile). Thats just unreal. I just cant believe someone would not like him.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Do you see him as heavier than Bowser? Bowser lacks the gut that K. Rool has, and he's become more upright in this game. Even so, he has a shell that probably weighs a ton.
Probably not, because Bowser is now standing more upright, which I think is a sign he was made heavier so he could remain the heaviest character (which IMO is a signal that we are obviously going to get another heavyweight character).

Still, K. Rool will likely be the second heaviest character behind only Bowser if when he is playable. :shades:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
ANOTHER DVD?

Looks like the Kremlings are making a komeback, very slowly...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It looks to me they sped up Bowser a lot. Making room for a new extremely slow King of Heavyweights. And I think K.Rool fits that easily.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool's speed is just one of the areas in which he's incredible versatile and open to interpretation, which is a personal reason I find him to be an ideal character to design.

Hotfeet posted this in the Roster Discussion thread and, since it's RELEVANT to us, I figured I'd copypaste it over here.

Alright, so doing some analysis on King K.Rool and Donkey Kong...I've put this together for an example:

Donkey Kong here in Punch-Out Wii shows that Little Mac, being 5'7", comes up to a little below DK's chest, and Little Mac's arms, estimated to be somewhere around 2 1/2 feet long, do not reach anywhere past DK's mouth, meaning that DK's actual height is somewhere around 8'2" tall, while weighing around 800 pounds as displayed by the final battle of Donkey Kong 64.

Now for K.Rool's comparison...

Donkey Kong, in this picture, would come up a little past K.Rool's foot standing straight up, meaning it would take about 3 1/2 DKs to match the height of a straight standing K.Rool. So if you take DK's 8'2" and multiply it by three you get 24'6" and then by half, which is 4'1", you get K.Rool's actual height, which is 28'7" tall.

This makes K.Rool bigger than any appearance Ridley has ever appeared in, excluding the X-Parasite clone of him which was a larger manifestation of the host, meaning that Ridley was bigger than he should have been. In short, Ridley is actually smaller than K.Rool. Does this mean we have to say K.Rool is too big now? :p

(I know size is irrelevant, so please ignore this) :3

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We have few iconic Nintendo characters left, so i think the King would work perfect as a starter
Anyway, have we talked about what would happen if Dixie gets confirmed as PC? I think that could hurt the Kings chances. I just dont see 4 DK characters happening.
And I would HATE if she gets in instead of King.K.Rool. I like Dixie, but cmon Rool is a way better choice (originality, a villain, a FREAKING King/Pirate/scientist crocodile). Thats just unreal. I just cant believe someone would not like him.
If Dixie get's announced first, I wouldn't mind, K. Rool could possibly happen.

Groose

Smash Champion
Probably not, because Bowser is now standing more upright, which I think is a sign he was made heavier so he could remain the heaviest character (which IMO is a signal that we are obviously going to get another heavyweight character).

Still, K. Rool will likely be the second heaviest character behind only Bowser if when he is playable. :shades:

You of all people should know that there's one HUGE character who would make Bowser look like a lightweight.

But yeah, K. Rool will probably be about Bowser's weight.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dat Walrus is what I expect to be one of the later bosses, possibly even modeled after K. Rool in terms of using his viking helmet to attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dat Walrus is what I expect to be one of the later bosses, possibly even modeled after K. Rool in terms of using his viking helmet to attack.

This is what I'm thinking as well. Or at least, it comes very close. I noticed how the Vikings are generally quite large opponents. And it's been mentoined they needed to look strong, as to give the Kongs a challenge (I like how they feel the need to make them strong, implying the Kongs in fact aren't just apes but rather... super apes). I could see some of the Vikings coming in 'weight classes', like we had Kremlings. Example, Kritter, Klump, Krusha. I could easily see Vikings styled this way.

Also, seeing as some enemies are even modelled to be pallet swaps of Tikis, like this fella here being pretty much one of those flying Tikis:

I could easily see them using the Vikings now as a base to create Kremlings off from.

ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST KUTTROATHS!

Also, I thought Vikings originated from Denmark and Norway...?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As far as I know, yeah.

On a different note, the Viking walrus looks curiously similar like how dwarves are portrayed in all those medieval fantasy games. I won't be suprised if he uses an axe. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Those penguins already use bows, shooting fishes. So axes? Why not?

Groose

Smash Champion
This is what I'm thinking as well. Or at least, it comes very close. I noticed how the Vikings are generally quite large opponents. And it's been mentoined they needed to look strong, as to give the Kongs a challenge (I like how they feel the need to make them strong, implying the Kongs in fact aren't just apes but rather... super apes). I could see some of the Vikings coming in 'weight classes', like we had Kremlings. Example, Kritter, Klump, Krusha. I could easily see Vikings styled this way.

Also, seeing as some enemies are even modelled to be pallet swaps of Tikis, like this fella here being pretty much one of those flying Tikis:

I could easily see them using the Vikings now as a base to create Kremlings off from.

ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST KUTTROATHS!

If they're going to model new things after the old stuff, why just not reuse the old stuff?

I'm all for the creation of new, non-Kremling enemies if they function differently and are as memorable as their crocodile predecessors. Remember, guys, that's how we got Shy Guy and Birdo in the Mario franchise (well... sort of). They weren't Goombas or Koopas and they functioned very differently, making them classics.

But if they're just going to reskin stuff, why bother?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, let's cash in on Ridley's new spotlight!

If Ridley is either confirmed or disconfirmed over the next few days, what bearing do you think it will have on K. Rool?

Top Bottom