• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One possible idea would be to have all seven of the Boss Tikis as a joint boss of sorts. That way, you bring in DKCR's baddie group without adding another hands boss.

Anyways, the first "leak" featuring K. Rool in quite some time has come up on GameFAQs, and though it has all but been proven false at this point, the fact that his name came up is reason enough to post it here, for completion's sake.

This leaker posted that Little Mac and Dixie were included, then, upon prompting, posted that people would be disappointed with the final roster size and some of the characters not on it. A different leaker, the guy who had previously leaked Mewtwo and series-specific Break the Targets stages, said he was correct on Little Mac and Dixie, but that he had doubts as to his legitimacy nonetheless. To gauge his legitimacy, leaker two asked leaker one whether Board the Platforms is returning, whether K. Rool is in the game (and if so, which persona he's using), and what the Fire Emblem newcomer is. Leaker one said that Ridley, Snake and Jigglypuff are out, Dog/Hunter and Paper Mario are in, and K. Rool is prioritized lowly due to "not bringing much unique." Leaker two deemed this "fake :)."

Their tiff seems to be still going on right now. EDIT: Leaker two just responded to my alt. and claimed K. Rool is a boss character, and that leaker one claiming he's "low priority" is proof of his obliviousness.
Got a link to the stupid?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
that's good dixie's apperently in, but K. Rool as a boss would be weird

also that chrom thing looks really interesting, might want to try that out if it's real.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Suddenly, Ghastly King becomes the DK series boss in this game.

Reactionz?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
K. Rool would be a super awkward boss in Smash Bros. When I think of Smash Bros bosses I think of big guys. K. Rool is only a bit bigger than most playable characters, it'd be super awkward to fight him as Bowser for example, being just as big/nearly as big as him, and knowing that you won't be able to play as him. Plus, if he's a boss who is bigger than all characters, it'd also be super awkward to see Bowser being much smaller than him. I say put K. Rool in as a character or don't put him in at all.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Eh, I kinda thought the same about Ridley during pre-Brawl, but anything's possible...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
why would they make him a boss if he's so popular AND has already been playable multiple times? makes NO SENSE!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Eh, I kinda thought the same about Ridley during pre-Brawl, but anything's possible...
Ridley in a boss appearance is quite natural for a Smash Bros game though, as much as I hate to admit it. He's huge and has a bunch of attacks that are pretty standard boss attacks. Sure it looks odd when Bowser is against him, but that goes for every boss pretty much. K. Rool is much more mobile than Ridley is though, and seeing a not-so-huge guy like K. Rool running around and doing all of his attacks without being a playable character would really just feel like a kick in the balls more than anything else.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would anyone make him a boss when there isn't going to be a story mode?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah. I don't...expect bosses this time around. It could happen, and Sakurai's done crazy things, but come on.

Whatever happened to that guy who predicted Mac, Pac and Mii? Can we get his opinion?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I do expect bosses to return, but if this is actually true, it would be indicative of a crummy trend of Sakurai's. It's a sign that, instead of innovating the Adventure Mode to make it appealing for once, he prefers to take the easy way out by taking popular villains and turning them into multiple bosses as half-baked fanservice...say hi, Ridley. I agree with the 'kick in the nuts' bit because a playable K. Rool is quite possibly one of the easiest things to implement, or at least comparably easy to three bosses. And it's not even because of crap like "relevance" that he'd be a boss (instead of anything from DKCR), it's some inability or unwillingness to implement him as many had desired, which is awful.

I'm awaiting validation of other things this leaker has said, namely that the next character on the website would be from Pokemon, before I lose too much hope, but needless to say, this isn't great news.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Whatever happened to that guy who predicted Mac, Pac and Mii? Can we get his opinion?
The NeoGAF guy runs some kind of news related article thingy thingy, and he claims he got the info from a reader who mailed him that Villager, Mega Man, WFT, Mii, Pac-Man and Little Mac was in, so he probably doesn't know more than that, and iirc he said that the guy mailing him was anonymous, which is why he just tried it as a guess for fun's sake rather than post it on his news blog.

Also, of course decisions and all could have been made, but I doubt that they're long enough in production that they're making the bosses already.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wouldn't get too worked up, BKups;

I'm fully convinced these two leaks are both crap. Nearly everything the second leaker said is easy to predict or speculate. In fact, series-specific BTT is a thing "I" was hoping for a while ago.

Unlike other leakers, in addition, like Hiro of Pokemon BW fame, and the guy who leaked the Brawl roster, to my knowledge neither of these dudes have any credibility and have no legitimate support.

Even if the next reveal is PT, I'll be skeptical. PT, Wario and Diddy are my top choices for reveal #2 anyway.

Also, of course decisions and all could have been made, but I doubt that they're long enough in production that they're making the bosses already.

Also this. A "friend at Namco" wouldn't KNOW this information, and certain wouldn't be inclined to share that info over others. Just how involved in Smash 4 do people think Namco IS?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wouldn't get too worked up, BKups;

I'm fully convinced these two leaks are both crap. Nearly everything the second leaker said is easy to predict or speculate. In fact, series-specific BTT is a thing "I" was hoping for a while ago.

Unlike other leakers, in addition, like Hiro of Pokemon BW fame, and the guy who leaked the Brawl roster, to my knowledge neither of these dudes have any credibility and have no legitimate support.

Even if the next reveal is PT, I'll be skeptical. PT, Wario and Diddy are my top choices for reveal #2 anyway.
Add Yoshi to the list and I'm on that boat too. Even if PT is revealed it's not a guaranteed confirmation. If there really are monthly character reveals, I want to see him predict September's character reveal too before I'll begin keeping an eye out on him.

I think the thing that might really end up testing this guy's validity is his claim towards the Chrom+Lucina duo and the Stage Builder featuring a Z-axis now too. Those predictions are kind of comparable to the guy predicting how Dragoon worked pre-Brawl.

One of the leaks have fully been proven to be hot air, given that he made many false claims on IGN regarding E3 2012 like Pikmin 3 being called Pikmin: Universe HD, and other nonesense too. This was the Duck Hunt Dog guy btw.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, I'm not going to get too bummed out over this until it's undeniable, and I certainly won't support K. Rool any less enthusiastically. This is just something I'll be keeping tabs on so, in case it's true, I won't get smacked with a cinderblock in the mouth out of nowhere.

The Ridley supporters must be in stitches watching us on the receiving end of what they've dealt with for years and years.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hey guess what guys. I should make a fake leak and make it sound realistic, that way idiots and imbeciles will start to think K. Rool's status is up in the air.

GameFAQs is a cesspool filled with perverts, idiots, and the most extreme kind of fanboy. Anyone, that loses any sleep over the brain farts of a some fanbrat with a little too much time on his hands needs to get a nice big slap across the face.

Personally, I think if K. Rool were not to make it in as a playable character, he is not going to be in the game at all. The reaction to Ridley as a boss should have shown to Sakurai what happens when you turn popularly requested characters into boss fights. Plus, keep in mind as well that the SSE, had eight bosses, yet this clown is claiming K. Rool is going to make up close to half of that number.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno, I'm kind of a pervert and I'm not at gamefaqs

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh Chrono, the INTERNET is full of "perverts" silly!

That said, you're totally right. Why should K. Rool make up almost half the bosses? Ridley only got two. That's not the point however.

This kind of thing is what I like to call "Sorry, but hey!" leaks, where they say something disappointing for popular character-expecters, and say "Hey, your characters not in in the way you want BUUUT" such a stupid tactic.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I think if Sakurai doesn't like K. Rool enough to make him playable, he doesn't like him enough to do anything with him. Like Fatmanonice said, I don't think he'll have any significant role if he's not playable.

But maybe if Sakurai's really generous, we'll get a playable King K. Rool and his brother, Kaptain K. Rool, as a boss. :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think if Sakurai doesn't like K. Rool enough to make him playable, he doesn't like him enough to do anything with him. Like Fatmanonice said, I don't think he'll have any significant role if he's not playable.

But maybe if Sakurai's really generous, we'll get a playable King K. Rool and his brother, Kaptain K. Rool, as a boss. :troll:
I don't think Sakurai's liking of the charactes has much to do with it.

I think Sakurai looks a character for how well they could be recognized as well as the potential moveset that could be done for him/her.

Also, how have I NOT come to this thread before today?

K. Rool has my full support. :grin:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Ridley supporters must be in stitches watching us on the receiving end of what they've dealt with for years and years.
I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the reason I've gone into such a defensive stance about K. Rool concerning this rumor. Worst thing is that Ridley as a boss is at least understandable even if it was dissapointing as all hell, but K. Rool as a boss in Smash Bros is just idiotic, any realistic Ridley supporter should be able to see that too.

As Chrono said, it's just to be taken extremely lightly as of right now, the only reason it gets much attention is of course because he dared set his validity on risk by saying the next character will be a Pokémon character. For all we know he's likely just some dude who wants to create havoc for a little while. He seems to be commenting on things that I'm not expecting them to work on atm either, like bosses and the Stage Builder, it doesn't seem like they're that far in development that they'd be focusing on something as minor as the Stage Builder, something that Sakurai didn't even want to comment on during E3. Plus, his little taunt regarding Ridley at the end just screamed of someone who wants to create a lot of commotion rather than someone who knows anything.

I'd say we can rest easy, unless a Chrom+Lucina duo team and a Z-Axis in the Stage Builder happens then I wouldn't be worried one bit.

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
Eh... will there even be any bosses this time around if Sakurai's going for a more Melee-esque adventure mode? Let alone three recurring bosses in one sitting?

[collapse=Once... no, twice, is enough]

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Eh... will there even be any bosses this time around if Sakurai's going for a more Melee-esque adventure mode? Let alone three recurring bosses in one sitting?

Yeah, that's another valid question, I hardly believe we'll get enough boss battles to have K. Rool steal 3 of the spots at that either. Sakurai does love his boss rush modes though. All in all it's still just an unlikely rumor.

Groose

Smash Champion
All I know is that if K. Rool isn't included in Smash 4... I will be supporting him for Smash 5.

Who's with me?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All I know is that if K. Rool isn't included in Smash 4... I will be supporting him for Smash 5.

Who's with me?
I'd still support him, but I'm afraid that this is his last chance (I feel the same way about Ridley).

Groose

Smash Champion
I'd still support him, but I'm afraid that this is his last chance (I feel the same way about Ridley).

It's not K. Rool's final chance. If he doesn't make the cut this time, he'll just shine even brighter next time; after all, there will be fewer people of his caliber remaining. I just don't see him going the Isaac route.

I'd argue that this is K. Rool's first real chance. He simply didn't have much popularity pre-Brawl.

[collapse=The "Leaker"]So, let me get straight to the point: I have inside-information regarding Super Smash Bros. Brawl. However, I will not reveal my source; even if that means instant nonbelievers. My source must remain hidden and unexposed. A lot of you will need proof; so let me say here and now, that Krystal will be the next newcomer announced on the Smash Bros. DOJO!! When it comes to that, then you will all realize that my information is accurate.
Most of you will be wanting to know the complete character roster; the truth is, I do not know the full roster. So, to keep myself going, I will be periodically revealing more and more information on the game, via this blog. Think of me as...thealmightygoat2-- only, not a false.

To start off, I'll tell a little bit about some of the unrevealed characters:
As I have said, Krystal is a playable character. She uses her staff for a minority of her moveset, and will be the next newcomer announced on the DOJO!! Ganondorf and Luigi are returning, and are both completely revamped. Ganondorf is even slower, but uses his sword. Luigi has a lot changed about him, however he still shows minor similarities to Mario's moveset. Luigi uses the Poltergust 3000, as predicted.
That is all for now."[/collapse]

This is what the leaker said during pre-Brawl.​
Decloned Ganondorf, Krystal, Ghost Hunter Luigi.​
Do you trust the leak now?​
Looks like K. Rool is back on our menu, boys!​

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, looks like K. Rool's not a boss. :awesome:

Groose

Smash Champion
Well, looks like K. Rool's not a boss. :awesome:

We must still keep our minds open. He COULD be telling the truth this time around, or K. Rool COULD be a boss regardless of his potential lies.

We still have the other "leaker" who claims that K. Rool is a low-priority character. I can't find any dirt on him, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We must still keep our minds open. He COULD be telling the truth this time around, or K. Rool COULD be a boss regardless of his potential lies.

We still have the other "leaker" who claims that K. Rool is a low-priority character. I can't find any dirt on him, though.
Just to be sure, since I get the leakers mixed up...is the one who mentioned the Krystal thing the same one that mentioned Mewtwo switching forms?

Groose

Smash Champion
Just to be sure, since I get the leakers mixed up...is the one who mentioned the Krystal thing the same one that mentioned Mewtwo switching forms?

The guy whose credibility is now on the line has said the following:
1) Little Mac is in, was almost an E3 character.
2) Series themed Break the Targets.
3) Melee-esque Adventure Mode.
4) Mewtwo just got clearance and will function like Zelda/Sheik
5) Pokemon representative will be the next reveal.
6) Dixie Kong is playable.
7) K. Rool is a comical boss that fights you three times.
8) Chrom and Lucina function as a tag team and appear alongside Ike and Marth as the Fire Emblem Reps.

Some of these were quite good points. It's a shame that they're now in question.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
A Pokemon unveil as the next veterna/newcomer confirmation is not unlikely considering the next major Nintendo release will be Pokemon X/Y and how Olimar's confirmation coincided with the the Japanese release of Pikmin 3.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So there's 3 leakers now?

We've got Chrom+Lucina leaker, Duck Hunt Dog Leaker and now Krystal leaker. ChromCina leaker says Duck Hunt leaker is false. Duck Hunt Leaker also says that Paper Mario is in.

Do you have a link to the Krystal leak Groose?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I personally love the Duck Hunt Dog leak... if only that one is true... sigh... :estatic:

King K. Rool would work just fine either as playable character or as a boss... both scenarios make sense to me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The Krystal leaker was the ChromCina leaker from 2008, who had some alibi about documenting leaks as legitimate spoilers so as to impress his friends. On the blog itself, which he has deleted everything from as of yesterday (!), he also discussed his falsehood being because his "uncle's friend working at Famitsu" was misinformed.

Groose

Smash Champion
The Krystal leaker was the ChromCina leaker from 2008, who had some alibi about documenting leaks as legitimate spoilers so as to impress his friends. On the blog itself, which he has deleted everything from as of yesterday (!), he also discussed his falsehood being because his "uncle's friend working at Famitsu" was misinformed.

He's cornered now. I mean, seriously, if you read the cached blog he clearly claims that he knows what he's talking about. And the act of deleting it is even more suspicious.

If the next character revealed isn't of Pokemon, we have the final piece of decisive evidence to prove him as a fraud.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Top Bottom