• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I have theories on why he was left out, which could or could not be actuality, some of these theories may even coincide.

1) Nintendo could be saving some of the largely requested characters for DLC as a guaranteed sale.
2) Nintendo has a personal bias against including King K. Rool because he wasn't created by Nintendo. Nintendo may carry some pride towards their characters and may feel given the Rare fiasco may have some bad blood towards Rare created characters.
3) Sakurai believed K. Rool wouldn't offer anything unique to the roster in regards to play style and would just be an additional heavy character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I have theories on why he was left out, which could or could not be actuality, some of these theories may even coincide.

1) Nintendo could be saving some of the largely requested characters for DLC as a guaranteed sale.
2) Nintendo has a personal bias against including King K. Rool because he wasn't created by Nintendo. Nintendo may carry some pride towards their characters and may feel given the Rare fiasco may have some bad blood towards Rare created characters.
3) Sakurai believed K. Rool wouldn't offer anything unique to the roster in regards to play style and would just be an additional heavy character.
Option 4:

4) King K. Rool hasn't returned to the franchise yet, so Sakurai didn't want to add him into the game.

And there's two splits from that one as well:

A) They know K. Rool is popular, and are planning to bring K. Rool back later, so they decided to wait on him to promote K. Rool's return in an upcoming unannounced DK game.

B) They know K. Rool is popular, but because they have no plans to bring back K. Rool anytime soon, he was left out of the game. He could be added later as DLC because he'd sell well, but they didn't feel the need to add him to the roster by default.

Granted, they could be ignorant of K. Rool's popularity, but that's highly unlikely.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nice to see this thread open again. Speculating about K. Rool is always fun.
Hopefully there'll be something for him in the future (even if not in Smash).

Right now, if they're really going to add some more characters after Mewtwo, I'd think these have the highest chances:
- Dixie
- Isaac

As you can see I still don't think K. Rool has the best chances to make it into the game, but I'd be up for a nice surprise if it does happen.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Nice to see this thread open again. Speculating about K. Rool is always fun.
Hopefully there'll be something for him in the future (even if not in Smash).

Right now, if they're really going to add some more characters after Mewtwo, I'd think these have the highest chances:
- Dixie
- Isaac

As you can see I still don't think K. Rool has the best chances to make it into the game, but I'd be up for a nice surprise if it does happen.

And yet there you are with K. Rool as one of your characters in your sig.:awesome:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok, now here is something that is both cool and annoying

There is a Yoshi's Wooly World stage
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N9RmAFOZD2U[/video]

There is a stage from a game that isn't even out yet, there is no reason for there not being a Tropical Freeze level(even if what I really want is a Gangplank Galleon or flying Krock one
Yeah, I agree. Honestly, it actually makes me think that there may be more to DK's content than meets the eye. Let's not forget that, "coincidentally", Smash Wii U is released on the DKC 20th anniversary.

EDIT: It should be noted that Tropical Freeze DOES have trophies in the game.

Last edited:
bkupa666 i noticed in the fan art section that you used my older drawing of k rool,if you could could change it to this more updated/polished version of it when you get the chance, that would be nice.http://i.imgur.com/QaJQHWW.png?1 thank you in advance.

old:

new:

and while you are at it here is king k razy http://i.imgur.com/KRBCeGi.png?1

and of course wizard k rool http://i.imgur.com/VIlJM1d.png?1

also if they do a club nintendo survey for the dkc/land re release,make sure to ask for k rool for the new games,and for smash dlc. you can even do a little white lie and say stuff like "i played dkc returns/tropical freeze and loved it,so i wanted to try out the originals,and i instantly fell in love with the kremlings,they are just so likable,i hope to see them in the future games"

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Yeah, I agree. Honestly, it actually makes me think that there may be more to DK's content than meets the eye. Let's not forget that, "coincidentally", Smash Wii U is released on the DKC 20th anniversary.

EDIT: It should be noted that Tropical Freeze DOES have trophies in the game.
If we're lucky perhaps we'll also get both a Gangplank Galleon and Tropical Freeze stage?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we're lucky perhaps we'll also get both a Gangplank Galleon and Tropical Freeze stage?
Probably not. We might get one or the other. If K. Rool is added as DLC, I'd be surprised if we didn't get Gangplank Galleon.

Although, admittedly... Pirate Ship isn't back in this game, which means Smash Wii U currently has no ship levels at all. That's kind interesting...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Pirate Ship isn't back in this game as far as we know. The updated Stage Select Screen we saw still didn't have Pac-Land, so we don't know for sure that it's final. Of course, three retro stages for Zelda would seem to be pushing it. . .

I'm just hoping for a second new DKC stage at this point. At this point, I'm sure it wouldn't have K. Rool as a boss (they'd be teasing and/or showing it off, pretending it would satisfy anyone in the slightest, like what happened with Ridley), so I can freely say any new DKC stage would be a good one at this point.

domokl

Smash Lord
you guys should be happy about the dk stages in the wii u version. DK currently has 3 stages in the wii u version which is as many stages zelda has on the wii u(though zelda probably has one or two unconfirmed ones)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Pirate Ship isn't back in this game as far as we know. The updated Stage Select Screen we saw still didn't have Pac-Land, so we don't know for sure that it's final. Of course, three retro stages for Zelda would seem to be pushing it. . .

I'm just hoping for a second new DKC stage at this point. At this point, I'm sure it wouldn't have K. Rool as a boss (they'd be teasing and/or showing it off, pretending it would satisfy anyone in the slightest, like what happened with Ridley), so I can freely say any new DKC stage would be a good one at this point.
Another DKC stage would be super rad. I have hope Gangplank Galleon... Although if it were revealed without K. Rool alongside it... I would be very worried. Best case scenario would be King K. Rool revealed alongside Gangplank Galleon.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Guys, did I ever mention just how much I hate Miiverse? I tried getting more people to join our Kampaign on twitter by posting the link there and look what happened. -_-

Your post has been removed because it contained information related to an outside service (such as a user name or ID) or links to external websites that could be used to contact you directly. The sharing of personal information is prohibited by the Miiverse Code of Conduct. For information on the proper use of Miiverse, please see the Miiverse Code of Conduct. Continued violations may result in restrictions on your use of Miiverse.

Those darn administrators are so frick'n annoying, anything can get deleted by them even if you try to keep it friendly. luckily I was able to get 4 other fans attention at least so hopefully they'll join.
What I have done to get around it is to just use the # hashtag (#BringBackKRool) in a picture and then elaborating in the comments (e.g. "search for #BringBackKRool to support King K. Rool's return to the DK series and as Smash DLC"). It's still against the rules, but harder to catch at first glance than just posting a link. I have yet to be modded and I've done it like 5+ times. It's not ideal, but if someone searches for #BringBackKRool, they will find us.

i try my best to spread the word to bring back k rool in the smash bros subreddit. my posts get alot of upvotes so i guess its working,but then i get the people who argue about revelancy. tryed on youtube,but that doesnt seem to work too well.

i swear the next person to argue with me about revelency i will fart into an envelope and personally send it to their mailbox.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
you guys should be happy about the dk stages in the wii u version. DK currently has 3 stages in the wii u version which is as many stages zelda has on the wii u(though zelda probably has one or two unconfirmed ones)
As it should have. DK is a big franchise, so it getting two returning stages is a pleasant surprise. It would be nice to see a second new stage, though. That said I'm not counting on getting one before DLC. I just found it very odd that there's no ship stage in this game, and its unlikely we'll see all three returning stages for Zelda back, rather we'll probably get a new Zelda stage as an unlockable.

No one's complaining about DK only having three stages. Where are you getting that idea from?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Fortunately for us, we know that DLC stages are a thing, starting with Pictochat 2.0. . .err, Miiverse (actually a cool stage idea). Hopefully something DK-related will follow. . .maybe even as part of some 'DK pack'?

domokl

Smash Lord
As it should have. DK is a big franchise, so it getting two returning stages is a pleasant surprise. It would be nice to see a second new stage, though. That said I'm not counting on getting one before DLC. I just found it very odd that there's no ship stage in this game, and its unlikely we'll see all three returning stages for Zelda back, rather we'll probably get a new Zelda stage as an unlockable.

No one's complaining about DK only having three stages. Where are you getting that idea from?
I was just surprised that more people arent more happy that dk acutally got decent stage rep in smash wii u.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Fortunately for us, we know that DLC stages are a thing, starting with Pictochat 2.0. . .err, Miiverse (actually a cool stage idea). Hopefully something DK-related will follow. . .maybe even as part of some 'DK pack'?
Maybe it could be announced on the 20th anniversary of Donkey Kong Country.

Do you guys think that DLC newcomers will get trailers? K. Rool deserves his own trailer at least.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was just surprised that more people arent more happy that dk acutally got decent stage rep in smash wii u.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. We're ECSTATIC that DK has three stages. We're still a bit peeved about lack of K. Rool or Dixie or whatever, but the stage thing is the first good thing we've seen about DK in this title.

Yup. I'd love a DK pack to come out later, and could really see one; especially if they announce Diddy Kong Racing U next year. And they're also doing this special bonus in Europe to celebrate DKC's 20th anniversary... a month before it happens. Which is intriguing; maybe they're saving something else for DK as well (Nintendo, not Sakurai specifically).

domokl

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what you're talking about. We're ECSTATIC that DK has three stages. We're still a bit peeved about lack of K. Rool or Dixie or whatever, but the stage thing is the first good thing we've seen about DK in this title.

Yup. I'd love a DK pack to come out later, and could really see one; especially if they announce Diddy Kong Racing U next year. And they're also doing this special bonus in Europe to celebrate DKC's 20th anniversary... a month before it happens. Which is intriguing; maybe they're saving something else for DK as well (Nintendo, not Sakurai specifically).
oh must have missed that. sorry. I think k rool is very likely for dlc as 1:he is popular and sakurai knows popular dlc like mewtwo.2: sakurai even acknowledges he is the bowser to dk. 3: perfect for a dk pack and sakurai acutally knows its there as proved by the 3 stages.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
oh must have missed that. sorry. I think k rool is very likely for dlc as 1:he is popular and sakurai knows popular dlc like mewtwo.2: sakurai even acknowledges he is the bowser to dk. 3: perfect for a dk pack and sakurai acutally knows its there as proved by the 3 stages.
I do think DK got a bit of special treatment here. DK's the only franchise to have stage that wasn't in Brawl (so far), which is quite nice to see. Still think DK could use Dixie and K. Rool as DLC, but DK's representation is definitely a lot better now. Still does not excuse the fact that DK didn't get a new stage at all on 3DS.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
I do think DK got a bit of special treatment here. DK's the only franchise to have stage that wasn't in Brawl (so far), which is quite nice to see. Still think DK could use Dixie and K. Rool as DLC, but DK's representation is definitely a lot better now. Still does not excuse the fact that DK didn't get a new stage at all on 3DS.
Um, what? Temple is back on the Wii U version, and Brinstar is on the 3DS. Both of those are Melee returners.

domokl

Smash Lord
yeah a 3ds dk stage probably shouldve got priorty over a 3ds kid icarus stage.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Um, what? Temple is back on the Wii U version, and Brinstar is on the 3DS. Both of those are Melee returners.
Both of them were in Brawl, though.

You didn't catch what I said. To date, EVERY SINGLE returning stage already returned in Brawl first. Notice how we didn't get a stage like Fourside for Mother? Great Bay for Zelda?

Kongo Jungle was in 64 and Melee, but it wasn't in Brawl, and its the only known stage that wasn't in Brawl. Sakurai even stated that its harder to reuse assets from games prior to Brawl, hence anything from those games would have to be recreated almost from scratch.

yeah a 3ds dk stage probably shouldve got priorty over a 3ds kid icarus stage.
'Eh, that's questionable. A 3DS DK stage should've got priority over FOUR Mario stages. They could've forgone one of the Mario stages to make a proper handheld DK stage. The 3DS KI stage makes sense because Uprising was released just before Sakurai started Smash Wii U.

Speaking of DK stages, that's one major reason why people are bringing up the possibility of one more DK stage. DK didn't get any new stages on 3DS, we only got a returning stage. We do have 2 returning stages and a great new stage, but its still a bit disappointing that DK didn't get a new stage on 3DS. Zelda, on the other hand, has two returning stages on Wii U, a new Wii U stage, and two new 3DS stages, so even though DK has the same number of stages as Zelda on Wii U, Zelda still has a lot more attention overall (which it should, but DK's right behind Zelda on the popularity scale).

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
-----

I dunno, I thought that would be relevant for everyone that are Rare era fans; even though they're using the Paon design. I'm still happy! 8D

[don't interrupt your discussion by me; go ahead, please]

domokl

Smash Lord

You didn't catch what I said. To date, EVERY SINGLE returning stage already returned in Brawl first. Notice how we didn't get a stage like Fourside for Mother? Great Bay for Zelda?

Kongo Jungle was in 64 and Melee, but it wasn't in Brawl, and its the only known stage that wasn't in Brawl. Sakurai even stated that its harder to reuse assets from games prior to Brawl, hence anything from those games would have to be recreated almost from scratch.

'Eh, that's questionable. A 3DS DK stage should've got priority over FOUR Mario stages. They could've forgone one of the Mario stages to make a proper handheld DK stage. The 3DS KI stage makes sense because Uprising was released just before Sakurai started Smash Wii U.

Speaking of DK stages, that's one major reason why people are bringing up the possibility of one more DK stage. DK didn't get any new stages on 3DS, we only got a returning stage. We do have 2 returning stages and a great new stage, but its still a bit disappointing that DK didn't get a new stage on 3DS. Zelda, on the other hand, has two returning stages on Wii U, a new Wii U stage, and two new 3DS stages, so even though DK has the same number of stages as Zelda on Wii U, Zelda still has a lot more attention overall (which it should, but DK's right behind Zelda on the popularity scale).
yeah and zelda probably has atleast one more hidden stage. I am hoping gangplank galleon gets saved for krool dlc though then dk would have very good rep even though its decent on the wii u version already.

Last edited:

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.

Oh.

Ignore me then... *is ashamed at own stupidity*

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
People are bringing up Yoshi's Woolly World has a stage. I bet hardly anyone recognized the music that played during the amiibo part of the presentation was a remix of the theme that plays in the Woolly World trailer at E3. If anything, it proves Tropical Freeze wasn't too late by any means but rather Sakurai just didn't make the effort to see Retro's next big project.

To be fair, Mewtwo is a returning veteran (despite being called a new fighter by the announcer) and K Rool is not. It makes sense for them to include returning veterans that were and are still popular. I think Lucas and Wolf returning is quite likely right now. In terms of newcomers it's pretty fair game. Obviously popularity helps a lot but there are a lot of people to consider being added.

Oh, and Sakurai didn't actually say K Rool is the Bowser to DK. He didn't write the trophy descriptions. I believe the writer of Earthbound was the one who made them though I'm not too sure.

domokl

Smash Lord
People are bringing up Yoshi's Woolly World has a stage. I bet hardly anyone recognized the music that played during the amiibo part of the presentation was a remix of the theme that plays in the Woolly World trailer at E3. If anything, it proves Tropical Freeze wasn't too late by any means but rather Sakurai just didn't make the effort to see Retro's next big project.

To be fair, Mewtwo is a returning veteran (despite being called a new fighter by the announcer) and K Rool is not. It makes sense for them to include returning veterans that were and are still popular. I think Lucas and Wolf returning is quite likely right now. In terms of newcomers it's pretty fair game. Obviously popularity helps a lot but there are a lot of people to consider being added.

Oh, and Sakurai didn't actually say K Rool is the Bowser to DK. He didn't write the trophy descriptions. I believe the writer of Earthbound was the one who made them though I'm not too sure.
im pretty sure there is a team that oks trophy descriptons.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I'm interested to see what you all think about a second DK stage with King K. Rool as a boss hazard?

I totally would rather him be a playable character... but we still haven't see all the stages.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I've returned to this forum because the Mewtwo confirmation. This is really important to us K. Rool fans. I hope Nintendo and Namco, and specially Sakurai have K. Rool contemplated for DLC in 2015. I'm pretty anscious about this guys!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just to let you guys know again regarding our Kremling Kampaign, I am literally talking to Richard Yearwood right now on twitter in trying to get him to help support us for K. Rool, just so you know, he's the guy who voiced DK on the Donkey Kong Country tv show. If he joins us BKuppa then you can thank me.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
What if Grant Kirkhope help us? Some months ago I posted something in his Facebook wall, but he said nothing. Maybe we can do something now. What do you think guys?

Top Bottom