• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Laniv

Smash Champion
Time to get back on K. Rool's Krazy Spekulation Train!

So when do you think our beloved King will be announced for DLC?

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Mewtwo: "Oh, ohohohohoh! Oh my! I can't wait to be the only DLC character! :D"

*a giant green-scaled fist punches him in the face, making a brutal crunching sound*

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Wow you guys. Like 5 of the character speculation threads I had posted in the past just got active again. And while this brings some hope for K. Rool DLC, I still think people are underestimating the difference in popularity between him and Mewtwo.

Still not sure if Nintendo plans to take a DLC character plan for how long or just doing Mewtwo. For now, I think we will be lucky if we get 2-3 characters per year. They really wanted to to emphasize that just making one character for this kind of game takes many months of development (you can check Killer Instinct on the XBone for and example of how often they add new characters).

Concluding, if there is a moment where we needed to make a petition for K. Rool DLC and send it to Nintendo. The moment is now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow you guys. Like 5 of the character speculation threads I had posted in the past just got active again. And while this brings some hope for K. Rool DLC, I still think people are underestimating the difference in popularity between him and Mewtwo.

Still not sure if Nintendo plans to take a DLC character plan for how long or just doing Mewtwo. For now, I think we will be lucky if we get 2-3 characters per year. They really wanted to to emphasize that just making one character for this kind of game takes many months of development (you can check Killer Instinct on the XBone for and example of how often they add new characters).

Concluding, if there is a moment where we needed to make a petition for K. Rool DLC and send it to Nintendo. The moment is now.
Mewtwo is way and beyond the most popular character not in the game, but K. Rool is VERY close. K. Rool is extremely popular and highly requested. He's a lot more popular and requested than half the newcomers characters in the game right now.

So, these forums are open again?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Sooooo having a 3DS trophy doesn't deconfirm the character.

K. Rool hype is back on.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sooooo having a 3DS trophy doesn't deconfirm the character.

K. Rool hype is back on.
Well, it DOES deconfirm a character... for being in the games by default. But they can be added later as DLC, which I never once doubted.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Mewtwo is way and beyond the most popular character not in the game, but K. Rool is VERY close. K. Rool is extremely popular and highly requested. He's a lot more popular and requested than half the newcomers characters in the game right now.

And with Ridley pretty much out of the question for DLC, he face very little competition in the demands department.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace

K Rool was not nearly requested as much as Mewtwo. However, with Ridley gone and Mewtwo confirmed, K Rool is now the most requested.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Time to get back on K. Rool's Krazy Spekulation Train!

So when do you think our beloved King will be announced for DLC?
I want to say next month when the original DKC games are put back on the virtual console in celebration of dkc's 20th anniversary but hey, who knows, could be next year too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And with Ridley pretty much out of the question for DLC, he face very little competition in the demands department.
And when I said he's more popular than at least "half" the characters in the game, I'm pretty confident he IS the most popular/requested character over every newcomer except Mega Man, but that depends on if the information I heard is accurate, which it may not be. Either way, K. Rool is extremely popular, even if he's not as popular as Mewtwo he's quite close.

I want to say next month when the original DKC games are put back on the virtual console in celebration of dkc's 20th anniversary but hey, who knows, could be next year too.
I think its more likely that they'd announce a new DK game or Tropical Freeze expansion pack or something, but we'll see.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
welcome back you guys, now we just need to keep spreading the word and hoping, we're one of the biggest fanbases left, lets keep pushing it!

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
On another note, could we try to do a unified effort this time? I mean I know we have the separate and direct ways to show our support, but if there was a way for us to unify our support, and to show that we are many, it may make a greater impact

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Looks like we're back in business my friends.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
So we're going back to the old thread now. Good to be back.

I said this on the Dixie thread a minute ago but the Jungle Hijinx stage is friggin' incredible. I don't even care that it's another jungle.

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
So I was planning on becoming a supporter a while back but then the esrb leak happened and I unfortunately lost most hope for new characters. But now that you guys are back in business, do you mind adding me as a supporter :)? Aside from the waifu in my profile pic, K.Rool is my most wanted smash inclusion.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So I was planning on becoming a supporter a while back but then the esrb leak happened and I unfortunately lost most hope for new characters. But now that you guys are back in business, do you mind adding me as a supporter :)? Aside from the waifu in my profile pic, K.Rool is my most wanted smash inclusion.
Great to do this again:
Welcome aboard.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It's good to be the king.

With K. Rool back in business, it's time to put my own efforts forward into attempting for DLC and getting back something that's been overdue.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Man I missed this thread. Great to see it revived. Hope for the our Kremling King has been restored.

"All according to plan."

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
If the supporters list is going to be updated then throw me on it.
With Mewtwo striking back and Ridley as some sort of semi-character ally-boss thingy K. Rool is far and away the most popular DLC candidate, and most deserving as well. Personally I think Wolf and Lucas have a better chance as vets, especially Wolf with Starfox U, but K. Rool looks a very good chance.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If the supporters list is going to be updated then throw me on it.
With Mewtwo striking back and Ridley as some sort of semi-character ally-boss thingy K. Rool is far and away the most popular DLC candidate, and most deserving as well. Personally I think Wolf and Lucas have a better chance as vets, especially Wolf with Starfox U, but K. Rool looks a very good chance.
I personally think that the vets will be released alongside a bigger character. Vets are easier to do than a fully new character. I'd think it'd work maybe like this:

Lucas releases in a DLC pack alongside Mewtwo, Wolf alongside K. Rool six months after Mewtwo/Lucas released. I could see it happening like that. Or potentially vets could be releases between the bigger ones, there's possibilities like that as well.

However, K. Rool's popularity is a huge boon for him. Granted, the best case scenario I see is K. Rool released alongside a semiclone Dixie Kong and Gangplank Galleon as a stage. But I'm holding out hope for just K. Rool at this point.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Feels good to be back. I'm hoping that Mewtwo is part of a bundle of new fighters featuring K. Rool of course. Probably aiming a little too high for that one though. Still, the future is looking up for the Kaptain.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Feels good to be back. I'm hoping that Mewtwo is part of a bundle of new fighters featuring K. Rool of course. Probably aiming a little too high for that one though. Still, the future is looking up for the Kaptain.
I don't think Mewtwo will be "part" of a bundle. If anything, Mewtwo would be released "alongside" a bundle, because Mewtwo has a special way to get him. If you purchase said "bundle" you can get Mewtwo, but otherwise you can get Mewtwo for free by purchasing both versions of the game.

Granted, it is possible that Mewtwo will be purchasable individually.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Something that I thought of.

For awhile, the general consensus was that Tropical Freeze was too new to get any content. Yet Cranky's trophy mentions it, and we glimpsed a Fish Poker Pops trophy today. That means that they definitely knew about Tropical Freeze. This makes the overall lack of DK content even more baffling, but there's something else. Despite there being two new DK games not featuring K. Rool, he is still referred to as DK's arch enemy in his trophy description.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Time to blow off the layer of dust and get back to business in our classic headquarters, huh? Alright, then!

Something tells me we might get some sort of DK DLC content to coincide with either DKC's re-release on the VC or the rumored Diddy Kong Racing Wii U.

It's nice to actually have stages again, and beggars can't be choosers. . .but I'm still a little sad it's three jungles and 75m. Hopefully we'll see something new down the road, since Yoshi's Wooly Word -and- Mario Kart 8 both have new stages.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Time to blow off the layer of dust and get back to business in our classic headquarters, huh? Alright, then!

Something tells me we might get some sort of DK DLC content to coincide with either DKC's re-release on the VC or the rumored Diddy Kong Racing Wii U.

It's nice to actually have stages again, and beggars can't be choosers. . .but I'm still a little sad it's three jungles and 75m. Hopefully we'll see something new down the road, since Yoshi's Wooly Word -and- Mario Kart 8 both have new stages.
DKC is finally coming to VC? Aw heck yeah! I might buy that and the others if they come.

And with Mewtwo confirmed and Ridley dead (*sob*) K.Rool, Dixie and Isaac get my full attention.

Kuthroats!

Now is the time! We ain't over yet. And this is where things get real.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I feel like K. Rool is the most likely DLC newcomer.
I still feel like we'll get most, if not all, veterans as DLC.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nice to see the thread back up.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best with King K. Rool. With Ridley dead he's the last character standing that I've wanted for the long time, and I'm hoping that the efforts put forth will be enough to convince Sakurai he's worth it. Fingers krossed fellow kutthroats, our king needs to arrive!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I feel like K. Rool is the most likely DLC newcomer.
I still feel like we'll get most, if not all, veterans as DLC.
I still say Isaac due to circumstances surrounding lack of GS content, but K. Rool is looking far more likely again to me. If popularity has any say in it, K. Rool would undoubtedly be the top pick.

Top Bottom