• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What if Grant Kirkhope help us? Some months ago I posted something in his Facebook wall, but he said nothing. Maybe we can do something now. What do you think guys?
Grant has been helping us, he retweeted our kampaign earlier this year and even recently favorited one of my posts thanking him and Michael Kelbaugh for supporting our group.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Anyone recognize the song there?
That's the second of Returns' two Rocket Barrel themes, a direct port of it at that. If I'm remembering correctly, this one plays on the Mole Patrol level, as well as the two vertical segments in the game, including the segment before the final boss.

I was just surprised that more people arent more happy that dk acutally got decent stage rep in smash wii u.
I squealed louder when I saw Jungle Hijinks than when I saw Mewtwo (in the reaction video I'm probably not going to end up posting, since my mic ended up not picking up my voice for stretches). If I had to guess, people aren't more over the moon for it because it's the bare minimum anyone expected. . .a jungle stage from Returns. If it had been a stage from any other DKC game, or even any other level archetype from Returns, you'd never hear the end of it from us (in a good way).

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Krusha K. Rool...goes toe to toe! Poor Tiny.
REALLY like this fan art. One question I recognize the first 4 but what's that 5th K. Rool from?

Regarding him as DLC. Besides Mega Man, K. Rool was my most requested character. Though his chances seem slim. It makes me wonder, with Mewtwo being announced if Impa, Dixie Kong, and Chorus Boys are next. But with Ridley being deconfirmed, it makes me wonder how much weight that list really has now. Could go either way now. Maybe that's where the K. Rool speculation comes in. We know we're fighting against all odds. But I hope Sakurai one day sees what we see....

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It feels good to be back here.
Like a reunion where I'm going to win homecoming Queen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
"One of Us" never gets old. :laugh:

I was pleased to see Jungle Hijinks, considering Brawl's DK stages were a disaster. (75 m is back though...) I think the stage may turn out to be quite campy, but they put some limits too.

What if Grant Kirkhope help us? Some months ago I posted something in his Facebook wall, but he said nothing. Maybe we can do something now. What do you think guys?
I believe he already retweeted the Kremling Kampaign to his followers. @ BKupa666 BKupa666 knows better.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Jungle Hijinks is mega hype..

So is Mewtwo, and the promise of DLC!!!

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling there won't be many more characters but really hoping one is the king.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Anyone else really happy that the N64 DK stage is back?? Heres to hoping we get another new DK stage I would LOVE frozen DK island from tropical freeze, Bramble Blast, or the Flying Kroc

I am very optimistic on K. Rool's DLC chances. Besides Lucas and Wolf, I can think of no one else that would make it to DLC besides K. Rool, and thats great!!

How does one go about joining the Kremling Kampaign, exactly? I'd like to sign up.
if i understand what your asking for.,or myabe you meant something else. to join you just have to ask,you are now one of us. either way this should be posted atleast once every page, so if you were already one of us,you got a second initiation.luck you

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i may not be a supporter but i hope you guys get your character.If one group of fans truly deserve a character it's you guys.Keep up the good work i hope i see the king as DLC one day.Hopefully with a Gangplank Galleon stage along with him

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Good to see this thread still going strong. He's not dead until Sakurai says so himself. :glare:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Add me to the support list - since DLC is on the way, I'll keep my hopes high!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Since I have a bit of downtime this afternoon, I'm writing out a more in-depth idea of what I envision K. Rool's Smash appearance to be. This one is meant to fit within the parameters of SSB4, where "unique or GTFO" is a guiding philosophy, although it's not the sort of intricate submission I'd make to MYM or anything.

K. Rool:
Referred to as such in-game because of his alternate costumes that deviate from his King persona. Kaptain, Baron and Boxer are all options, and, while Little Mac has sixteen colors, eight for normal Mac and eight for Wire Frame Mac, K. Rool has four colors for each costume, totalling sixteen as well. To a lesser extent, the lack of 'King' staves off politically-correct, yet degenerate complaints that "he's another fat King who's no different than Bowser or Dedede."

General 'Feel':
K. Rool is the new heaviest character in the game, requiring roughly 10-20% more to KO than Bowser, the current heaviest. What's more, although he's not nearly as fast as he was in DKC, he's still no slouch in getting around; he moves at roughly Bowser's speed and has a reasonably high first jump. The stage audibly rumbles whenever K. Rool lands, and the controller vibrates tangibly with each step he takes as he dashes. Much like how Jr's Clown Car takes less damage than his face, K. Rool's stomach takes slightly less damage than the rest of him, due to its gold plating.

"OMG broken!" you say? Not quite, says I. K. Rool is the largest character in the game as well, being slightly wider than Bowser and slightly taller than Ganondorf (the top part of his crown clips through low platforms, thankfully not being a hitbox/hurtbox), and even then, he's hunched over slightly. That being said, many of his physical hitboxes are either close range or difficult to land, leaving his size near exclusively as a weakness. In a game where most heavyweights are designed to suck 1 vs. 1 and dominate in FFAs, K. Rool is a giant target against multiple foes while offering few to no "big powerful moves that kill everything at once" to compensate.

Although he has a handful of deceptively quick moves, K. Rool also suffers from significant lag in many instances due to his bumbling nature. To close things out, K. Rool's second jump is comparable to Little Mac's as far as gaining him almost no distance, moreso just delaying his fall, leaving him a prime target to be gimped once he's offstage (his rock-like fall speed doesn't help matters, for this or when he's being juggled onstage). Moreso than most other characters, K. Rool is the living embodiment of the phrase "the bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Specials:
K. Rool's Neutral Special is the Spiky Cannonball, which is differentiated from Jr's generic cannonball in that its primary purpose is not as a projectile. While it is a chargeable move, the cannonball's speed is low and deals minor damage in the air, its spikes not having fully emerged yet. When it lands, however, they pop out, turning the cannonball into a painful trap that lasts roughly as long as a Banana Peel (one onstage at a time).

K. Rool has a number of strategies with regard to the cannonball; it functions as somewhat of a barrier between him and attackers, making him more dangerous to approach. Cannonballs can be knocked around the stage, and many of K. Rool's moves are geared toward sending the cannonballs at specific trajectories at foes (although foes can retaliate and hit them back). This also means that the cannonball absorbs energy projectiles and stops others in their tracks, although they will knock it back at the King, who it can hurt. Custom moves allow the cannonball to roll forward along the stage or to bounce in place, both at the cost of lesser damage.

K. Rool's Side Special is the Red Cloud, a simple projectile that slows down those it hits, as if they were on the receiving end of a Timer. The cloud is slow and only affects foes for a second, roughly the length of a Warlock Punch; it's difficult to land, yet, if spaced properly, can allow K. Rool a vital hit here or there. If spammed, the cloud will occasionally crap out, speeding characters up instead. Its customizations include the freezing and reverse-control clouds. K. Rool's Down Special is the Blunderbuss Vacuum, which, in contrasting to other sucking moves, can be directed forward and backward to push as well as pull onstage elements and projectiles (pull in enemy projectiles to nullify them or shoot them back out).

Pulling in a spiky cannonball allows K. Rool to drag it around the stage or, if it reaches him, shoot it back out again to reposition it. Foes, too, can be pulled around (against their will into cannonball traps) or, if pulled into the blunderbuss, launched back out, as if they were shot out of a Smash Run barrel cannon. Its customizations include one where the blunderbuss suction decreases, but has damaging particles in its stream, and one with stronger suction that functions at a shorter range. K. Rool's Up Special is his Helicopter Pack, which basically functions as a slow variant of Fire Fox; it offers K. Rool slow, controlled flight in a single direction for a reasonable distance. It's not an awful recovery, but it's also quite easy to gimp; if the player holds 'A' while recovering, K. Rool's pack will sizzle with electricity, giving his entire body priority that can deter attackers, but that deals steady damage to him in the process. Customizations allow for a jetpack that offers a descending glide, rather than a directional boost, as well as an explosion that launches K. Rool high into the air for a great recovery at the expense of 10% self-damage.

Basic Attacks:
K. Rool's jab is his Crown Boomerang; whereas other characters can hold out their punches and kicks, K. Rool can hold out how far his crown travels. It functions as essentially an infinite-range projectile that comes at the cost of K. Rool remaining a sitting duck as he waits for it to return, gawking at the screen. His dash attack is a bull charge featuring his crown. His F-Tilt is a close-range belly thrust, his D-Tilt is a chomp that can be sweetspotted for knockback, and his U-Tilt is a DK64-esque uppercut.

K. Rool's Smash attack are unique in that they're incredibly powerful, among the most powerful in the game, yet all involve him moving around in strange trajectories that make them ineffective if just casually thrown out. K. Rool's F-Smash is a leaping belly flop that deals devastating damage to foes underneath him when he lands, but that requires careful spacing to land (and to avoid getting punished to boot). K. Rool's U-Smash involves him leaping up high into the air, spinning around to drill opponents with his crown; unless he connects with the initial hit of the crown, foes are just thrown away weakly by the move, ready to retaliate. To a lesser degree of craziness, K. Rool's D-Smash involves him collapsing onto his buttocks, releasing green shockwaves that can deal a fair amount of damage (and launch cannonballs vertically), but are only effective at a range.

K. Rool's aerials are all relatively run-of-the-mill, close range hits, far from the focus of his game, being more situational in use than anything. K. Rool's N-Air involves him spinning in a ball, throwing out his cape for a weak hit while his body itself deals good knockback at close range. His F-Air is a blunderbuss gun butt, his B-Air is an elbow smack, his U-Air is a lunging chomp and his D-Air is a blunderbuss burst of fire (that can spike weakly and slow his intense fall speed briefly). His grab is a chomp with surprising speed, but limited range. Snagged foes are in for a world of hurt, having to pay through the nose for getting in K. Rool's face and failing to effectively punish him. While his throws are generic tosses or suplexes that don't deal much damage, K. Rool's pummel is the proverbial Death Rool; the King gets down on his belly and rolls around, foe in mouth, dealing an unprecedented 6% per pummel until they mash free.

Last, but not least, K. Rool's Final Smash is The Kredits. Most thread veterans know and love this one; the King plays dead, while a series of Kredit platforms rise up from below off the screentop at high speeds, dragging hapless victims along with them. Think of this as a more chaotic version of Master Hand's new card attack. The Kredits themselves consist of the classic few from their original appearance in DKC, along with a handful of Smash-exclusive new ones.

Misc.:
Beyond being a hulking character, K. Rool's appearance onstage is distinct in that his expressions all ooze evil satisfaction at the schemes he's brewing, as well as the pain that will befall his victims as a result. He's finally back on center stage, and he'll be damned if he's not going to milk the moment and ham it up for all it's worth. Giant snaggle-toothed grins and maniacal bellows accompany every attack and animation he has, and his idle animation involves him looking at the screen and flexing a bicep. On the other hand, when he's failing, K. Rool becomes very visibly pissed. His bloodshot eye bulges (as in the cartoon) and his jaw drops, giving the distinct impression that he's both stunned and about to let out a wrathful scream; his cape also tears after he's passed 100%.

K. Rool's entrance animation involves him jetting onto the stage using his blunderbuss. He has his beloved DK64 taunt, one in which he blows smoke off his blunderbuss, and one in which he strokes his pet Klaptrap. His victory animations include maniacal laughter, leaping around in circles while spinning around, dancing (sound familiar?), and one in which he is hoisted up and down by visibly struggling Kritters. Like various other newcomers, his victory theme is separate from the Kongs', being a hard rock excerpt from his theme. His concept art involves him glaring into the screen, smiling evilly while pointing his blunderbuss directly at the fourth wall, his cape blowing in the wind behind him. Xander Mobus announces his name in a deep tone, drawing out the 'Rool' to emphasize the character's depravity.

tl;dr K. Rool's unique selling points:
--Heaviest, largest character in Smash history

--Meshes with current fighters, matching up well against close-range combo w****s struggling to penetrate his defenses, but poorly against other, faster projectile-users
--Contrasts with other heavyweights who excel in FFAs by being a heavy with a strong 1 vs. 1 leaning
--Contrasts within his own series by being a crocodilian villain, opposed to a third Kong hero, as well as by being a technology-based fighter, compared to a primitive hand and body-using fighter.
--Most unique costumes (sans Koopalings, who are technically alternate characters)
--Trap-layer capable of offensively or defensively attacking, dragging and launching his trap to his liking
--Projectile-centric heavyweight with a status effect projectile, a projectile jab, a psuedo-projectile D-Smash, and who can even turn foes into projectiles with his vacuum
--Recovery that borrows and improves upon Pichu's concept of self-damage for a higher payoff
--Mobile Smashes that are extremely high-risk, high-reward
--Grab-game that, in a reversal of the norm, uses the pummel for damage and the throws for positioning
--Wacky, unusual Final Smash that doesn't fit into any pre-existing archetypes (i.e. transformation, death beam, projectile barrage, death combo)
--New stature (obese anthropomorphic crocodile vs. a dozen normal humans)
--Distinct insane, calculating animations and expressions in-game (think Dedede's, taken Up To Eleven)

I think this about sums up what potential I think the King could bring into Smash while not overstepping any boundaries or becoming too complex to viably develop. I'm going to file this post away to promote on the website or anywhere else K. Rool's uniqueness or worth comes into question. Let me know if there's anything you'd like explained or fleshed out here.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Since I have a bit of downtime this afternoon, I'm writing out a more in-depth idea of what I envision K. Rool's Smash appearance to be. This one is meant to fit within the parameters of SSB4, where "unique or GTFO" is a guiding philosophy, although it's not the sort of intricate submission I'd make to MYM or anything.

K. Rool:
Referred to as such in-game because of his alternate costumes that deviate from his King persona. Kaptain, Baron and Boxer are all options, and, while Little Mac has sixteen colors, eight for normal Mac and eight for Wire Frame Mac, K. Rool has four colors for each costume, totalling sixteen as well. To a lesser extent, the lack of 'King' staves off politically-correct, yet degenerate complaints that "he's another fat King who's no different than Bowser or Dedede."

General 'Feel':
K. Rool is the new heaviest character in the game, requiring roughly 10-20% more to KO than Bowser, the current heaviest. What's more, although he's not nearly as fast as he was in DKC, he's still no slouch in getting around; he moves at roughly Bowser's speed and has a reasonably high first jump. The stage audibly rumbles whenever K. Rool lands, and the controller vibrates tangibly with each step he takes as he dashes. Much like how Jr's Clown Car takes less damage than his face, K. Rool's stomach takes slightly less damage than the rest of him, due to its gold plating.

"OMG broken!" you say? Not quite, says I. K. Rool is the largest character in the game as well, being slightly wider than Bowser and slightly taller than Ganondorf (the top part of his crown clips through low platforms, thankfully not being a hitbox/hurtbox), and even then, he's hunched over slightly. That being said, many of his physical hitboxes are either close range or difficult to land, leaving his size near exclusively as a weakness. In a game where most heavyweights are designed to suck 1 vs. 1 and dominate in FFAs, K. Rool is a giant target against multiple foes while offering few to no "big powerful moves that kill everything at once" to compensate.

Although he has a handful of deceptively quick moves, K. Rool also suffers from significant lag in many instances due to his bumbling nature. To close things out, K. Rool's second jump is comparable to Little Mac's as far as gaining him almost no distance, moreso just delaying his fall, leaving him a prime target to be gimped once he's offstage (his rock-like fall speed doesn't help matters, for this or when he's being juggled onstage). Moreso than most other characters, K. Rool is the living embodiment of the phrase "the bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Specials:
K. Rool's Neutral Special is the Spiky Cannonball, which is differentiated from Jr's generic cannonball in that its primary purpose is not as a projectile. While it is a chargeable move, the cannonball's speed is low and deals minor damage in the air, its spikes not having fully emerged yet. When it lands, however, they pop out, turning the cannonball into a painful trap that lasts roughly as long as a Banana Peel (one onstage at a time).

K. Rool has a number of strategies with regard to the cannonball; it functions as somewhat of a barrier between him and attackers, making him more dangerous to approach. Cannonballs can be knocked around the stage, and many of K. Rool's moves are geared toward sending the cannonballs at specific trajectories at foes (although foes can retaliate and hit them back). This also means that the cannonball absorbs energy projectiles and stops others in their tracks, although they will knock it back at the King, who it can hurt. Custom moves allow the cannonball to roll forward along the stage or to bounce in place, both at the cost of lesser damage.

K. Rool's Side Special is the Red Cloud, a simple projectile that slows down those it hits, as if they were on the receiving end of a Timer. The cloud is slow and only affects foes for a second, roughly the length of a Warlock Punch; it's difficult to land, yet, if spaced properly, can allow K. Rool a vital hit here or there. If spammed, the cloud will occasionally crap out, speeding characters up instead. Its customizations include the freezing and reverse-control clouds. K. Rool's Down Special is the Blunderbuss Vacuum, which, in contrasting to other sucking moves, can be directed forward and backward to push as well as pull onstage elements and projectiles (pull in enemy projectiles to nullify them or shoot them back out).

Pulling in a spiky cannonball allows K. Rool to drag it around the stage or, if it reaches him, shoot it back out again to reposition it. Foes, too, can be pulled around (against their will into cannonball traps) or, if pulled into the blunderbuss, launched back out, as if they were shot out of a Smash Run barrel cannon. Its customizations include one where the blunderbuss suction decreases, but has damaging particles in its stream, and one with stronger suction that functions at a shorter range. K. Rool's Up Special is his Helicopter Pack, which basically functions as a slow variant of Fire Fox; it offers K. Rool slow, controlled flight in a single direction for a reasonable distance. It's not an awful recovery, but it's also quite easy to gimp; if the player holds 'A' while recovering, K. Rool's pack will sizzle with electricity, giving his entire body priority that can deter attackers, but that deals steady damage to him in the process. Customizations allow for a jetpack that offers a descending glide, rather than a directional boost, as well as an explosion that launches K. Rool high into the air for a great recovery at the expense of 10% self-damage.

Basic Attacks:
K. Rool's jab is his Crown Boomerang; whereas other characters can hold out their punches and kicks, K. Rool can hold out how far his crown travels. It functions as essentially an infinite-range projectile that comes at the cost of K. Rool remaining a sitting duck as he waits for it to return, gawking at the screen. His dash attack is a bull charge featuring his crown. His F-Tilt is a close-range belly thrust, his D-Tilt is a chomp that can be sweetspotted for knockback, and his U-Tilt is a DK64-esque uppercut.

K. Rool's Smash attack are unique in that they're incredibly powerful, among the most powerful in the game, yet all involve him moving around in strange trajectories that make them ineffective if just casually thrown out. K. Rool's F-Smash is a leaping belly flop that deals devastating damage to foes underneath him when he lands, but that requires careful spacing to land (and to avoid getting punished to boot). K. Rool's U-Smash involves him leaping up high into the air, spinning around to drill opponents with his crown; unless he connects with the initial hit of the crown, foes are just thrown away weakly by the move, ready to retaliate. To a lesser degree of craziness, K. Rool's D-Smash involves him collapsing onto his buttocks, releasing green shockwaves that can deal a fair amount of damage (and launch cannonballs vertically), but are only effective at a range.

K. Rool's aerials are all relatively run-of-the-mill, close range hits, far from the focus of his game, being more situational in use than anything. K. Rool's N-Air involves him spinning in a ball, throwing out his cape for a weak hit while his body itself deals some knockback. His F-Air is a blunderbuss gun butt, his B-Air is an elbow smack, his U-Air is a lunging chomp and his D-Air is a blunderbuss burst of fire (that can spike weakly and slow his intense fall speed briefly). His grab is a chomp with surprising speed, but limited range. Snagged foes are in for a world of hurt, having to pay through the nose for getting in K. Rool's face and failing to effectively punish him. While his throws are generic tosses or suplexes that don't deal much damage, K. Rool's pummel is the proverbial Death Rool; the King gets down on his belly and rolls around, foe in mouth, dealing an unprecedented 6% per pummel until they mash free.

Last, but not least, K. Rool's Final Smash is The Kredits. Most thread veterans know and love this one; the King plays dead, while a series of Kredit platforms rise up from below off the screentop at high speeds, dragging hapless victims along with them. Think of this as a more chaotic version of Master Hand's new card attack. The Kredits themselves consist of the classic few from their original appearance in DKC, along with a handful of Smash-exclusive new ones.

Misc.:
Beyond being a hulking character, K. Rool's appearance onstage is distinct in that his expressions all ooze evil satisfaction at the schemes he's brewing, as well as the pain that will befall his victims as a result. He's finally back on center stage, and he'll be damned if he's not going to milk the moment and ham it up for all it's worth. Giant snaggle-toothed grins and maniacal bellows accompany every attack and animation he has, and his idle animation involves him looking at the screen and flexing a bicep. On the other hand, when he's failing, K. Rool becomes very visibly pissed. His bloodshot eye bulges (as in the cartoon) and his jaw drops, giving the distinct impression that he's both stunned and about to let out a wrathful scream; his cape also tears after he's passed 100%.

K. Rool's entrance animation involves him jetting onto the stage using his blunderbuss. He has his beloved DK64 taunt, one in which he blows smoke off his blunderbuss, and one in which he strokes his pet Klaptrap. His victory animations include maniacal laughter, leaping around in circles while spinning around, dancing (sound familiar?), and one in which he is hoisted up and down by visibly struggling Kritters. Like various other newcomers, his victory theme is separate from the Kongs', being a hard rock excerpt from his theme. His concept art involves him glaring into the screen, smiling evilly while pointing his blunderbuss directly at the fourth wall, his cape blowing in the wind behind him. Xander Mobus announces his name in a deep tone, drawing out the 'Rool' to emphasize the character's depravity.

--Meshes with current fighters, matching up well against close-range combo w****s struggling to penetrate his defenses, but poorly against other, faster projectile-users
--Contrasts with other heavyweights who excel in FFAs by being a heavy with a strong 1 vs. 1 leaning
--Contrasts within his own series by being a crocodilian villain, opposed to a third Kong hero, as well as by being a technology-based fighter, compared to a primitive hand and body-using fighter.
--Most unique costumes (sans Koopalings, who are technically alternate characters)
--Trap-layer capable of offensively or defensively attacking, dragging and launching his trap to his liking
--Projectile-centric heavyweight with a status effect projectile, a projectile jab, a psuedo-projectile D-Smash, and who can even turn foes into projectiles with his vacuum
--Recovery that borrows and improves upon Pichu's concept of self-damage for a higher payoff
--Grab-game that, in a reversal of the norm, uses the pummel for damage and the throws for positioning
--Wacky, unusual Final Smash that doesn't fit into any pre-existing archetypes (i.e. transformation, death beam, projectile barrage, death combo)
--Distinct insane, calculating animations and expressions in-game (think Dedede's, taken Up To Eleven)

I think this about sums up what potential I think the King could bring into Smash while not overstepping any boundaries or becoming too complex to viably develop. I'm going to file this post away to promote on the website or anywhere else K. Rool's uniqueness or worth comes into question. Let me know if there's anything you'd like explained or fleshed out here.
Absolutely LOVE this. This is a great way to handle K. Rool. I love how he has a huge focus on his Gadgets for his specials. That's a cool way to differentiate K. Rool's specials from his standards, while still including all the major traits the Blunderbuss has, his Krown, Krusha battle, and Helicopter pack.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You have now replenished my love for K. Rool even more. Didn't think that'd be possible. Props! :)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh, hey! I got the link to the moveset on twitter and realized how stupidly inactive I've been in this thread. Been awhile.

I'd just like to say that I've never stopped supporting K. Rool, and that's staying true even with him only having the slim chance of DLC. (And, with Mewtwo and Ridley (;-; ) no longer a factor, his biggest competition is veterans.)

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Gotta say with Mewtwo out of the way, well...

...DKC is gonna get a lot of love from fans and a huge push for getting tons of DLC content.

Anyways krewmates, I figured it was only a matter of a small amount of time until we reunited.

Let our ships sail together so we can sail forward as a grand ARMADA FULL OF KREMLING KUTTHROATS!!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Looks like it's off to a good start with the thread re-opening. Glad to see the Kutthroat's original thread back in business!

That moveset and rundown of K. Rool is purely amazing, BKupa!

Last edited:

K. Rool:

General 'Feel':

Specials:

Basic Attacks:

K. Rool's aerials are all relatively run-of-the-mill, close range hits, far from the focus of his game, being more situational in use than anything. K. Rool's N-Air involves him spinning in a ball, throwing out his cape for a weak hit while his body itself deals good knockback at close range. His F-Air is a blunderbuss gun butt, his B-Air is an elbow smack, his U-Air is a lunging chomp and his D-Air is a blunderbuss burst of fire (that can spike weakly and slow his intense fall speed briefly). His grab is a chomp with surprising speed, but limited range. Snagged foes are in for a world of hurt, having to pay through the nose for getting in K. Rool's face and failing to effectively punish him. While his throws are generic tosses or suplexes that don't deal much damage, K. Rool's pummel is the proverbial Death Rool; the King gets down on his belly and rolls around, foe in mouth, dealing an unprecedented 6% per pummel until they mash free.

Misc.:

that is very good! another idle animation could be his dkc idle animation,where he moves his toes impatiently and makes a semi fist with his hands,like an angry beast. like he cant wait to crush his enemys in his grasp.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well guys, I cleaned up some of my DK Land footage now. I cut out the gameovers, though I didn't remove every death. However, out of my 7 parts to DK Land 6 won't open up in my video editor, it crashes every time I do so. I might need to annoyingly re-record that level. I'm exporting Part 1 right now, and will try Part 2 later. I also recorded the voice dialog for my K. Rool support/Kremling Kampaign video FINALLY. I need to pull in footage from the various DK games, though, so I decided to do the DK Land videos first.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool:

General 'Feel':

Specials:

Basic Attacks:

Misc.:

*clap hands*

You never disappoint with move sets. Let's hope for something similarly this awesome should King K. Rool get in.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Love that moveset, BKupa.

I have a minor nitpick though.
Diddy does use Jungle technology with his popguns and jetpack. :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Love that moveset, BKupa.

I have a minor nitpick though.

Diddy does use Jungle technology with his popguns and jetpack. :p
True. . .in a way, Diddy, who uses nature-based technology, would function as the proverbial middle-ground between K. Rool, who abuses artificial technology in a major way, and DK, who fights using completely natural means (unless you count the Bongos).

In terms of nitpicking, I'll also clarify that the functions of throws and pummels are largely dependent on character and situation. Pummels can be used to determine grab-release trajectories or to tack on a few points of damage, while throws can either be used for damage (specifically with chain-grabs) or for positioning (for follow-ups).

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If the 50 facts announcement told me anything, it's that this game TRULY is trying to cater to the fans by giving us all we wanted, and better versions of it, and then more.

I already felt this way, but after the 3DS release, it is nice for the newness of this feeling to return.

Cannot wait for a Duo of Dixie and K Rool to get in.

Top Bottom