• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
K. Rool is probably my number one choice for DLC, he just seems like he'd be a fun character.

We also didn't get a new heavyweight, Shield Shulk doesn't really count, so I'm hoping Sakurai aims for originality instead of relevancy if he decides to add a Donkey Kong character.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With that dreaded Tower of Smash leak dead, my faith in the krocodilian king had been restored. Since we are still lacking in villains and heavyweights, I'd really like Sakurai to give K. Rool another chance to be a fighter. :(

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Honestly, if we do get more DLC characters, I think some sort of DK character is one of the more likely possibilities. Unfortunately for K. Rool, Dixie seems like she may have the edge this time around, what with Tropical Freeze being a real factor and all. Despite that, I think K. Rool still has a decent chance at being DLC, due to his overwhelming popularity, potential, and Sakurai's acknowledgement that he's the Bowser of the DK series. Who knows, maybe they have plans on returning K. Rool to the DK series in the future, and let Sakurai know about it ahead of time to make K. Rool DLC. Anything's possible, really.

All that being said, I still fully support K. Rool's inclusion in the game. Good luck to you all. ;)

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I tweeted NintendoEspana in Spanish about K. Rool DLC, my Spanish is somewhat rusty. But i think I got my point across!

D

Deleted member

K. Rool is probably my number one choice for DLC, he just seems like he'd be a fun character.

We also didn't get a new heavyweight, Shield Shulk doesn't really count, so I'm hoping Sakurai aims for originality instead of relevancy if he decides to add a Donkey Kong character.
This, although I'd like to add that I'm expecting Dixie Kong as the first new DK character. I am putting my hopes on us potentially getting two DK characters as DLC this game which if that is the case, King K. Rool should finally come through.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Hate to nitpick, but...

...isn't Bowser Jr. considered a heavyweight? The Kar seems pretty heavy.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
He is a heavyweight, but he's more like a Samus and Link tier heavyweight. I think when most people talk about the lack of heavyweights they mean they want more big guys like Bowser and Dedede.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What @ Vez Vez said. There are a lot of ambiguous characters who are heavier than average, like Yoshi or ROB, but who aren't truly heavyweights, like Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, DK or Charizard. Jr. falls into the former category.

As far as "promotional DLC" goes, depending on the release schedule, Mewtwo will be coming out over a year after Tropical Freeze, closer to future developments in the DK franchise than it. Developments like DKC being released on the VC, Diddy Kong Racing Wii U, or even DKCR3. I think which character we'll get first depends on who's in those games, but that both are in the developers' pool of popular characters that they know will sell well as DLC (as opposed to, like, Chorus Kids, who no one would care about unless they were in the main game).

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
After visiting the K. Rool support thread, I was typing something about how I was glad to see this thread reopened (last night), I posted but my net was shut off after I finished typing it lol.

Regardless of that, I'm confident once again that the king will be added to the roster, after seeing the support we kutthroats have gotten (I won't keep my hope too high though).

Last edited:

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
It's been long overdue, but now we might get our favorite Kremling King as DLC due to retweeting, support and pics from the Krew!
Could I join the Kutthroats as well?

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's been long overdue, but now we might get our favorite Kremling King as DLC due to retweeting, support and pics from the Krew!
Could I join the Kutthroats as well?
I can see a great Kutthroat in you, what with that icon and such! Welcome aboard matey!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I think K. Rool is the most likley DLC Newcomer, with Dixie in a close second (only one will get in, I believe).

Mewtwo being DLC makes me think that Sakurai is keeping all the characters they didn't have time to make as DLC. Seriously, in all those interviews, somebody had to have asked about the Hype 3. He didn't mention Ridley because he's a boss, and he didn't mention Mewtwo because he's DLC. SOMEBODY would have asked about K. Rool, and it's obvious he's not a stage boss (unless his ship crashes into Jungle Hijinx).

Option 1. K. Rool comes alongside Mewtwo in Spring, maybe with another character, as characters that the team couldn't make before launch.

Option 2. K. Rool comes later.

Option 3. We throw Sakurai overboard.

Last edited:

Kroconut

Smash Cadet
While I've been following smashboards for a while. I made an account for the sole reason of joining the Kutthroats! I wish to be on the Kutthroat List!

I express my interest in having him as DLC and have done my part in tweeting to @Sora_Sakurai before.

Now I must give everyone some good advice. One of the BEST ways to reach out to Nintendo is to fill out your Club Nintendo cards! Write in the surveys using your Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS code that YOU WANT K.ROOL DLC! It won't guarantee us anything but they DO read these things!!!

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Whoa, whoa, I miss a weekend and now this thread's back?
...Fantastic.
It's really great to think about the fact that our King still has a chance. It's a slim one, and I wouldn't bank on it, but...man. Collective hope is a great thing. And acting on that hope is even better. This is our finest hour: We cannot pass up this opportunity!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
While I've been following smashboards for a while. I made an account for the sole reason of joining the Kutthroats! I wish to be on the Kutthroat List!

I express my interest in having him as DLC and have done my part in tweeting to @Sora_Sakurai before.

Now I must give everyone some good advice. One of the BEST ways to reach out to Nintendo is to fill out your Club Nintendo cards! Write in the surveys using your Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS code that YOU WANT K.ROOL DLC! It won't guarantee us anything but they DO read these things!!!
I've always been wanting to do this myself, welcome to the crew!

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling K.Rool may get revealed on November 21st which is the release date for the Wii U version because that it's the same date as DKC's 20th anniversary in America.
Nonetheless, we still sorta have all the stuff we need to get our character in and we have hints that Sakurai is listening to us.
These hints are:
-K.Rool is part of the Most Wanted 3 and one was disconfirmed, another was confirmed and K. Rool is last to be dealt with.
-November 21st is DKC's 20th anniversary in the Americas.
-Nintendo of Europe just posted a pic with DKC and DKC2 with the caption"The feels..."
-Sakurai re tweeted EWNetwork's reaction video of Mewtwo
-Grant Kirkhope and 600+ more supported the kampaign
-Counting the Wii U and 3DS versions, we have 4 DK stages!
-King K. Rool is relevant to the DK franchise and appeared playable in multiple games (mostly spinoffs)
-Kritters appear as enemies in Smash Run and Zingers appear in Smash Tour.
-No new heavyweights appear in Smash 4.
-Nintendo is most likely to deal with fan demanded characters first.
I'll add more later.

Last edited:

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Hi, guys! I lurk here once in a while and heard of how great of a community this is. Might as well give full support :)

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I get the feeling we're gonna be seeing lots of "One of Us" in the coming months.
With DLC confirmed, Kuhrool has more chance than ever, and now's probably the best time to support his inclusion.

"WEEEEELLLLLLLL"

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
I get the feeling we're gonna be seeing lots of "One of Us" in the coming months.
With DLC confirmed, Kuhrool has more chance than ever, and now's probably the best time to support his inclusion.

"WEEEEELLLLLLLL"
Don't forget the best time for K. Rool's finest hour!

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Say, Kutthroats...

Have you ever wanted to play as King K. Rool in a video game? Well, of course you have.
Of those video games, have you ever wanted to play as King K. Rool in Don't Starve?

Well, for all three of you, have I got news for you! The revolutionary skills of Evil Squid have got you covered! Introducing the true King, King K. Rool!

Rool Sprite Work.jpg
Rool Promo 2.jpg
Rool Promo 4.jpg

But wait, you might be wondering. How much will this cost me out of my own pocket? An arm and a leg absolutely 100% free for those of you who own the Steam Edition of Don't Starve! Got you interested, all 3 of you still listening to me? King K. Rool is now on the workshop! Happy blasting!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331908202

Aside from that, I still root for the King! Long live the King, and may he be able to join the Smash Bros!

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Say, Kutthroats...

Have you ever wanted to play as King K. Rool in a video game? Well, of course you have.
Of those video games, have you ever wanted to play as King K. Rool in Don't Starve?

Well, for all three of you, have I got news for you! The revolutionary skills of Evil Squid have got you covered! Introducing the true King, King K. Rool!

But wait, you might be wondering. How much will this cost me out of my own pocket? An arm and a leg absolutely 100% free for those of you who own the Steam Edition of Don't Starve! Got you interested, all 3 of you still listening to me? King K. Rool is now on the workshop! Happy blasting!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331908202

Aside from that, I still root for the King! Long live the King, and may he be able to join the Smash Bros!
That is a fine job you did there!

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
I've entered my pin for Smash 3DS and answered the survey.
The one question is"What one thing are you excited for?"and I answered with that I liked the Upcoming DLC and that I wanted King K. Rool DLC.

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet

I've did what you asked, more support to follow.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Will the Kutthroats list still be updated? Yes? Great! Because I totally want to see my name on it!
DLK for Smash! (Get it? GET IT!?! :D)
(I also drew something for King K. Rool on deviantART, but I can't post links... :/ )

Top Bottom