• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
DK is getting a new stage on the 3DS. Mother and F-Zero BOTH got new stages, there's no way DK isn't getting a new stage. Same with Metroid. I know some of you guys have doubts, I have doubts about K. Rool being playable, but I have no doubt DK is getting a new stage on the 3DS.
Absolutely! I also believe we may see one more reskin for the Boxing stage to make it fit the King himself- there is absolutely no way that big fan of DK64 himself made those lights fall just for fun, without referencing out King.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm really sad that Sakurai's updates and the leaks have given the DK series the middle finger every step of the way. Remember, DK still has zero assist trophies while many have received two, three, or more already. I'm not optimistic about secret 3DS stages beyond those shown. There's been no items, either. It makes you feel like you don't "count" as a fan of this series (and character).

I know some series are apparently losing characters (Mother with Lucas, Fox with Wolf, for example), but relative to its notability, it really feels like DK is being absolutely left out to die.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Mark my words, fellow Kutthroats:

The 3DS version's content (even after it is released) is not the end of the emotional Sm4sh journey.

Whether it be with DLC, or something far more clever...

...the story isn't finished until Sakurai closes the book.

We may see things that will surprise many people. Just, not for a while.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I'm really sad that Sakurai's updates and the leaks have given the DK series the middle finger every step of the way. Remember, DK still has zero assist trophies while many have received two, three, or more already. I'm not optimistic about secret 3DS stages beyond those shown. There's been no items, either. It makes you feel like you don't "count" as a fan of this series (and character).

I know some series are apparently losing characters (Mother with Lucas, Fox with Wolf, for example), but relative to its notability, it really feels like DK is being absolutely left out to die.
I need wolf, I need mewtwo. Sakurai has forsaken me (maybe?)

Zynux

Smash Lord
Kinda. Honestly, a Big 3 trailer makes too much sense for a final trailer. Don't tell that to Kremling Klansman, though, he thinks any chance for any additional DK characters and content (including a new 3DS stage) is dead. :p

I still think K. Rool is one of the most likely remaining characters, although I'm dead set certain Ridley is playable in this game.
Honestly man, I'm starting to think the same way. I'm starting to believe we may have seen the final roster. The All-Star picture also made me lose almost all my hope for Ridley as well. I'm not even sure if Dixie will make it in anymore, moreso K. Rool. :sadeyes:

Well, I'm officially preparing myself for the worst. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and the Golden-girth Crocodile King is revealed in all his splendor, but I've already mentally trained myself to not expect it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Notice how we haven't gotten K. Rool, yet we got Chunky as an AT in the demos, Cranky as a trophy in the demos, and Candy as a trophy in the latest batch of leaks=???

That's not even mentioning that we've gotten ZERO Donkey Kong stages other than Jungle Japes a 3rd time on Smash 3DS, and that we've gotten Kremlings as Smash Run enemies.

Heck, in other franchises, top character requests like Krystal are likely deconfirmed via her trophy. Takamaru, Starfy, Ghirahim, Dillion, and other popular requests were also shot down over the last year or so.

Hope is still very alive, even if the Dixie leaks are true (because there was always a chance we could get both, just like Robin and Lucina and Bowser Jr. and Rosalina, only more obvious).

Sure, it is looking thin for K. Rool's chances in vanilla Smash 3DS, but in Smash WiiU and with DLC...

well... there's a lot of opportunities for K. Rool to sneak through the kracks! :grin:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Mark my words, fellow Kutthroats:

The 3DS version's content (even after it is released) is not the end of the emotional Sm4sh journey.

Whether it be with DLC, or something far more clever...

...the story isn't finished until Sakurai closes the book.

We may see things that will surprise many people. Just, not for a while.
I'm actually betting on something far more clever. I was just posting on this in the official character thread-

I think Sakurai will manage to make sure that, somehow, he delivers this screen to us, and that the silhouette was not spoiled for all the characters, even for us diehard forum goers, vloggers, assassin-stalkers...

The dream Is REAL

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
The complete lack of DK content so far... the constant Kritter trophy appearances... I'm almost certain Sakurai is toying with us. C'mon, throw us a bone already! At least confirm the Chunky AT or something...

T-Hell

Smash Lord
The complete lack of DK content so far... the constant Kritter trophy appearances... I'm almost certain Sakurai is toying with us. C'mon, throw us a bone already! At least confirm the Chunky AT or something...
What do you bet Chunky is in this week's potd as an AT. I think it could be (or it couldn't).

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Well if he(or Nintendo at least) are willing to make it so that you can only get the soundtrack by buying both versions, making characters start exclusive on Wii-u outside of connectivity isn't that far fetched anymore

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I still have hope, I doubt we have the final roster. Plus you can't off text leaks especially this late in the game when you had pic leaks already. I won't believe K.Rool isn't in until I see the full final roster.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I still have hope, I doubt we have the final roster. Plus you can't off text leaks especially this late in the game when you had pic leaks already. I won't believe K.Rool isn't in until I see the full final roster.
For the wii-u version

Sakurai has done some pretty nasty unlocks in the past, with that being back, well long hours of playing each mode, certain parameters, and perhaps console link makes it likely we won't be able to get or know everything until the wii-u version

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Well, I still have hopes for the King, but they've dropped to about 50% from my original 75-ish%...

On one hand, we've now got a leak that has potentially leaked what looks like could be the final roster, which was more or less confirmed thanks to Shulk's inclusion yesterday. What really troubles me about the leak is that Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are in it, which may lead to Sakurai throwing Dixie Kong in there last minute. Overall very disappointing character choices after we've received such unique ones like Rosalina, Palutena, Mega Man and Shulk; Dark Pit and Dr. Mario having their own slots is a big kick in the teeth.

On the other thand, Donkey Kong still hasn't received a stage yet, but it has received a subtle trail of Trophies (Cranky and now Candy), while also gaining Chunky Kong as an AT, who many believed was a forgotten character from the days of old. Why is Donkey Kong being kept in this shroud of mystery until so close to release (or potentially even after release for people to find on their own)?

I know my suspicions don't necessarily help King K. Rool, but they also make you wonder as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more characters hidden somewhere. Hopefully, one of which is King K. Rool...

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Those popularity lists gave me a lot of hope, to be honest. Maybe we won't see K. Rool at launch, but we might see him as a free DLC when Wii U arrives.

I'm 99% sure this isn't the final roster and I don't believe any text leaks anymore. Pics or it didn't happen.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I don't see how most people on this thread continue to remain optimistic. I've already picked out my K. Rool substitute: :4pacman:.
It would have been Dixie, but apparently that too is too much to ask.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I don't see how most people on this thread continue to remain optimistic. I've already picked out my K. Rool substitute: :4pacman:.
It would have been Dixie, but apparently that too is too much to ask.
Dude, it's one thing to be pessimistic, it's another to try to drag others with you. Please, if you want express your opinion, that's fine, but don't force everyone else to feel the same way.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I remember all of us thinking that the reason they haven't shown any new DK content is because they're saving it for a massive blowout in the Dixie/K. Rool reveal trailer. How naive were we? I think it's safe to say that Sakurai hates the DKC franchise, and we'll be lucky to get a new stage in the Wii U version at this point. The good news is that even people on NeoGAF are beginning to acknowledge Sakurai's bias, and it's time to start what I like to call... the Green Revolution. We will not stop until we get what we want.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Ok people, you really need to stop with the "Sakurai doesn't give a **** about DK" pessimism. In Brawl we got Diddy and almost get Dixie and 2 brand new DK stages plus the Jungle Japes one returning, yet he doesn't give a **** about DK? yeah, sure.
It's true we didn't get back then any DK AT, and I don't even remember if there was a DK enemy in the SSE, but I'm sure we'll get even more this time, whether it's K.Rool, Dixie or both.

Kremlings are enemies in Smash Run FOR NO REASON, only that gives K.Rool a huge chance. Rumoured DK AT and a suspicious lack of any new DK stage in ANY version.

If you think this doesn't bode well for a DK newcomer, you need to rest and think about it, I'm not even kidding.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
For the wii-u version

Sakurai has done some pretty nasty unlocks in the past, with that being back, well long hours of playing each mode, certain parameters, and perhaps console link makes it likely we won't be able to get or know everything until the wii-u version
I agree, plus they are going to want incentive for people to buy both

Besides of K.Rool isn't in after Wii Us release we still have the K.Rool for DLC Kampaign

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
"King K. Rool's Kolossal Kremling support Krushes Kompetition!"

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
So the leaks killed a lot of my hope for seeing a playable K. Rool in Smash 4.

However, with the way Mario Kart 8 has been handling DLC, plus the Gematsu leak (which I still think holds stock) I think there is a very good chance that we will be seeing character DLC for Smash 4.

And think about it, if they want to actually sell the DLC they will need to include some popular characters. A K. Rool DLC would sell a lot better than, say, a WFT DLC.

It's a pretty dirty approach, but I don't think it's out of the question.

Worst case scenario: they add him in PM

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So the leaks killed a lot of my hope for seeing a playable K. Rool in Smash 4.

However, with the way Mario Kart 8 has been handling DLC, plus the Gematsu leak (which I still think holds stock) I think there is a very good chance that we will be seeing character DLC for Smash 4.

And think about it, if they want to actually sell the DLC they will need to include some popular characters. A K. Rool DLC would sell a lot better than, say, a WFT DLC.

It's a pretty dirty approach, but I don't think it's out of the question.

Worst case scenario: they add him in PM
I've believed in DLC from the beginning- as you said, it is a character driven game, and we will have a couple of months between releases.

That said, adding DLC to Mario Kart is nothing like adding DLC to Smash bros. IN MK, they are a weight property and a visage, but in Smash bros they have to literally come to life to perform all sorts of actions, and then be balanced against each other character independently.

I have no idea how you think it is a dirty approach. Character development in a game of this size is extremely, extremely difficult, and DLC is the only way that it could actually work, from balancing, to ensuing we get continued release of characters to market hype at a rate to make sure the game sells on both copies.

Ultimately, it means more characters for us. So, hoorah! I think we will see Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo. ...

by December.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
like 10-20 pages back i showed you guys a drawing of king k rool that i made in paint.

well i updated it here it is http://imgur.com/x5rD24i
if someone could upload the pic to the thread that would be nice(i dont have enough posts to do that yet)

K ROOL IS ART! Thanks for the support for the best character in Smash 4!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think not seeing K. Rool for the last PotDs is more scary then one would think. All the deconfirmations involved lesser characters that had mostly small support levels so the impact isn't too bad. For characters like K. Rool though? Deconfirming him just before launch is the last thing they'd want to do since it'd kill a major amount of hype at the last minute. But, there's still hope for DLC if he's not in the initial build.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I think not seeing K. Rool for the last PotDs is more scary then one would think. All the deconfirmations involved lesser characters that had mostly small support levels so the impact isn't too bad. For characters like K. Rool though? Deconfirming him just before launch is the last thing they'd want to do since it'd kill a major amount of hype at the last minute. But, there's still hope for DLC if he's not in the initial build.
Yep. Same thing would happen if Sakurai revealed Ridley as a stage hazard and Mewtwo as a PokéBall summon. The fact that we haven't seen "the big guns" yet is very good news.

Top Bottom