• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
A good point someone brought up on DKVine earlier today. . .

If the ESRB Build was supposed to feature all game content that could require prior review, is this proof that K. Rool won't be using his blunderbuss, wherever he appears in the game?

Granted, there could be different ESRB Builds, as has been speculated, but this is still something to think about. It probably is a massive nail in the coffin for Snake, at any rate.

It'd be quite sad to not see him capitalize upon his biggest source of potential, a gun that can fire literally anything. Ah well, who needs a blunderbuss user when we have half a dozen swordsmen to work on? :troll:
That's a nice point, but maybe if the blunderbuss shoots "non-bullet" projectiles (like spiky cannonballs or something like that) it wouldn't be considered "offensive".

I honestly don't know how the ESRB works, but all the other newcomers shown seem to have something controversial about them.
Bowser Jr.'s Koopa Clown Car licks the enemies with its to attack (which could be considered somehow sexual, maybe?), Duck Hunt is a dog using ducks to attack (which could offend some animal rights activist), Dr. Mario uses drugs as weapons and Dark Pit might be related to the fallen angels and some demonic stuff (too forced?). Shulk is there because he's a starter character, and the rest are veterans, and Sakurai probably doesn't mind that much if a veteran is leaked.

I'm pretty sure Sakurai was aware this could happen and didn't put the most notable newcomers there so nobody could ruin his surprise.

It's my nature. Has been for a very long time. It also makes things less disappointing when they inevitably don't pan out, which seems to be the case with this game.

The fact that we got Dark Pit, Miis, and WFT before Mewtwo's return, Ridley, or K. Rool is just disgraceful. Now it seems like a miracle that Mega Man and Little Mac got in. What would Sakurai's thought process to be to include those fan favorites, but not the others?
The thing is we don't know if the others are in or not. I understand that you can be skeptical, but there's still hope. Don't give up yet!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
At this point being skeptical makes the most sense. The game is about to release, we've seen legitimate leaks, and there's no sign of the other most-wanted characters like Mewtwo, Ridley, or K. Rool himself. We don't even have a new DK stage on the 3DS, apparently. In fact, I almost feel like being skeptical puts it too lightly as I feel unfortunately confident in K. Rool not being a playable character this time around.

Grasping for hope because it's technically possible is going to hurt because that hope is not very plausible. there are a lot of possibilities, but how likely are they? That is the question that needs to be asked. And I feel like the answer does not favor K. Rool or any of the other characters not on the leak.

At this point, I reiterate the suggestion to at least send e-mails to Nintendo or to tweet to people that could potentially have some influence. That might be ineffective and useless itself, but it may be more worthwhile than to ...at this point...daydream about something that seems an almost definite impossibility.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know how the ESRB works, but all the other newcomers shown seem to have something controversial about them.
Bowser Jr.'s Koopa Clown Car licks the enemies with its to attack (which could be considered somehow sexual, maybe?), Duck Hunt is a dog using ducks to attack (which could offend some animal rights activist), Dr. Mario uses drugs as weapons and Dark Pit might be related to the fallen angels and some demonic stuff (too forced?). Shulk is there because he's a starter character, and the rest are veterans, and Sakurai probably doesn't mind that much if a veteran is leaked.
Still, Wario, Game and Watch, ROB, Lucina, Ganondorf and Falco are there. Not all of them would be necessary. They don't have anything controversial about them that would require the ESRB to see them but they were there anyway. Wario maybe because of comic mischief and fart jokes but yeah.

Even if they are veterans it's unlikely that they would be okay with those leaking.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Still, Wario, Game and Watch, ROB, Lucina, Ganondorf and Falco are there. Not all of them would be necessary. They don't have anything controversial about them that would require the ESRB to see them but they were there anyway. Wario maybe because of comic mischief and fart jokes but yeah.

Even if they are veterans it's unlikely that they would be okay with those leaking.
That's true, but there's a big difference between giving the ESRB a roster with only 3-5 characters left than one with 10 left. It has to look like a finished product.

But I know as much as any of you, this is all pure speculation. It just makes sense to me, somehow.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Guys, the new 3ds has a C stick, now we have to buy it to preform amazing combos with our glorious King K rool

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Where in Shulk's trailer did it mention over 40 characters?

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Over 40 means for me 41 to max. 49 characters. So let's prey that KKR is one of them. Like I said, It's his last chance now.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Over 40 means for me 41 to max. 49 characters. So let's prey that KKR is one of them. Like I said, It's his last chance now.
They said 40+ because there are exactly 40 characters revealed as of now, and the starting roster will be around 35-40. Nintendo doesn't want people watching the commercial to know how many secret characters there are. It kinda kills the mystery.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I was about to flip my lid at the end. The pointy shadow crown had me like OHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSS IT COULD BEEEEEEE THE KING? lol nope

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
............ Can someone tell when in the shulk trailer kirby and pit appear?

Seriously this is disgusting from sakurai
I'm pretty sure Sakurai doesn't decide who the artist puts on his drawings. Maybe the artist put Kirby and Pit in there as a thank you gift for Sakurai.

Also, this doesn't belong here. If you want to hate on Sakurai, go somewhere else. This is a place to talk about K. Rool.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That is an excellent artwork, probably my favorite of any of the one's we've seen so far.
I don't think Sakurai's favoritism for his series had anything to do with Pit and Kirby's presence, however.
If you want to complain about Sakurai's favoritism (or more specifically, how the entire DK franchise has seemingly been an after-thought in this game), a much better target of complaint are the contents of the game itself.

It's ridiculous that we are barely even seeing things from DKC Returns!

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They're likely announcing something at PAX, which is a western-only event. If they announce Ridley, they still don't have anything to announce for a Smash Direct, which most likely WILL happen. K. Rool is the most wanted newcomer worldwide... I'd rather not get my hopes up, but lack of K. Rool is both good and bad. Good, because it means he's not disconfirmed, and bad because it means he's not confirmed.
Do you really think that Sakurai would reveal 2 newcomers so quickly like that?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The thing is, these weren't just the characters I wanted, these are characters everyone wanted. People hate the Duck Hunt Dog, they hate Dark Pit, and they hate Dr. Mario. They all got in though. Meanwhile the Big Three still haven't had a single one of them confirmed yet. This isn't just how I feel, it's how many feel. This was a biased roster.
Well, Duck Hunt Dog is someone I would appreciate than any other person we have been given as a newcomer so far, and someone I think is personally more merited and unique, as well (other than third party). Additionally, Dr Mario, and to a lesser extent Dark Pit, help K Rool. Why? How? My previous post.

Why are people complaining about Dr Mario?

This is one of the ways Sakurai was willing to listen to fans.
He was trying to appeal to all those hooligans who wanted Melee back.
Ya know who was popular in Melee?
Roy, and Dr Mario.
Well, here ya go, have Lucina and Dr Mario.

Why this isn't seen as good news for Mewtwo, I don't know.
I guess because this forum just likes to freak out.
Chill on your emotions, forum.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is completely and utterly false.
Thanks for your valuable contribution. My own slated and fortified opinion, followed in turn with your complaining opinion listless of any proof, substance, merit, or other synonym I could verify to acknowledge here, in succession to such a lifeless response. Congratulations, Diane. Take that to one of the other ridiculous threads. In K Rool's thread, we talk on point.

I'm Heated. I apologize in advance.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I don't even need to bring up evidence, various polls showed I am correct and you were wrong, deal with it.

It's been clear that Mewtwo was a fan favorite from Melee, and still is to this day.

Anyway...Everyone is expecting Ridley to be revealed, and I'm just sitting here thinking it'll be K. Rool...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Guys, the new 3ds has a C stick, now we have to buy it to preform amazing combos with our glorious King K rool
We have to buy it if we want to DL the Ice Climbers
I don't even need to bring up evidence
You must have aced school.
I don't even need to bring up evidence, various polls showed I am correct and you were wrong, deal with it.

It's been clear that Mewtwo was a fan favorite from Melee, and still is to this day.

Anyway...Everyone is expecting Ridley to be revealed, and I'm just sitting here thinking it'll be K. Rool...
Various polls show "Zombie Saurian is correct and Duke Napoleon is wrong?" I'd love to see one :p
You don't even make a claim in your post, buddy.
We arent speaking Mewtwo versus Dr Mario. Melee (competitive players) wanted Dr Mario back.
Of course, all sorts of fans wanted Mewtwo back. We don't know Mewtwo is NOT back. Your desire to have Mewtwo back must have kept you from reading my post.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Okay Smartass, you know full well what I meant. Dr. Mario was voted one of the worst characters in melee, as well as some others, while Mewtwo, even to this day, is one of the most highly beloved and requested characters in the series.

3 melee fans wanting Dr. Mario back doesn't count for the whole fanbase.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

If anyone's getting a reveal in a western-exclusive event, it'd be Ridley. But honestly I'm not counting on anything at this point, I'm not even counting on Ridley being announced before the 3DS release, just the remaining leaked characters, and any additional characters will be used to hype the Wii U game (meaning they'll be released for 3DS later).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Okay Smartass, you know full well what I meant. Dr. Mario was voted one of the worst characters in melee, as well as some others, while Mewtwo, even to this day, is one of the most highly beloved and requested characters in the series.

3 melee fans wanting Dr. Mario back doesn't count for the whole fanbase.
Do I know what you mean if you don't post anything? Nope.

Likewise, do I know you know what I am saying in my initial post if you don't respond to it at all?

My initial post was in response to Sakurai being wiling to listen to fans by adding Dr Mario. This proves he was listening to fans, the competitive fans. The fact that he is willing to listen to COMPETITIVE PLAYERS is far more astonishing than him listening to a players choice in character. It only benefits K Rool support, considering he is the worldwide most supported Nintendo character, and Sakurai has stated in an entire interview, he wants this to be the best character-game Ever.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
If anyone's getting a reveal in a western-exclusive event, it'd be Ridley. But honestly I'm not counting on anything at this point, I'm not even counting on Ridley being announced before the 3DS release, just the remaining leaked characters, and any additional characters will be used to hype the Wii U game (meaning they'll be released for 3DS later).
Realistically, you're right, Ridley does have a better chance at a reveal, considering the coincidence that JP got a JP top character, and USA *might* get a top US character reveal.

This is assuming we'll even have a reveal at all...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do I know what you mean if you don't post anything? Nope.

Likewise, do I know you know what I am saying in my initial post if you don't respond to it at all?

My initial post was in response to Sakurai being wiling to listen to fans by adding Dr Mario. This proves he was listening to fans, the competitive fans. The fact that he is willing to listen to COMPETITIVE PLAYERS is far more astonishing than him listening to a players choice in character. It only benefits K Rool support, considering he is the worldwide most supported Nintendo character, and Sakurai has stated in an entire interview, he wants this to be the best character-game Ever.
Thank you for specifying "competitive" players. THIS I agree with. People liked Dr. Mario because he PLAYED better. That's really the only reason for that.

Realistically, you're right, Ridley does have a better chance at a reveal, considering the coincidence that JP got a JP top character, and USA *might* get a top US character reveal.

This is assuming we'll even have a reveal at all...
Its a behind closed doors event. Neither Comiccon nor Gamescom got that treatment. The difference? The Japanese version of Smash 3DS is out in two weeks. I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't have a reveal, but honestly I'm not counting on it being Ridley anymore. Ridley is the IDEAL and PERFECT choice. That's why he won't be revealed. I do still fully think Ridley is playable, though.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Regardless of Dr. Mario's popularity, a bigger problem with this discussion is the implication that Sakurai's choices always reflect fan popularity. I think this is not true, especially with regards to apparent clones. I think the more believable reason for Dr. Mario's inclusion is that the roster needed to be padded with extra characters that would take relatively less development time.

In other words, I don't think it favors K. Rool. Or has anything to do with K. Rool.
The best I feel we can hope for at this point is K. Rool as an assist or a stage boss. The latter might happen, I think. It's weird that DKC doesn't have a new stage on 3DS. This makes me think that maybe it will have one (or two) new stages on the Wii U.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Regardless of Dr. Mario's popularity, a bigger problem with this discussion is the implication that Sakurai's choices always reflect fan popularity. I think this is not true, especially with regards to apparent clones. I think the more believable reason for Dr. Mario's inclusion is that the roster needed to be padded with extra characters that would take relatively less development time.

In other words, I don't think it favors K. Rool. Or has anything to do with K. Rool.
The best I feel we can hope for at this point is K. Rool as an assist or a stage boss. The latter might happen, I think. It's weird that DKC doesn't have a new stage on 3DS. This makes me think that maybe it will have one (or two) new stages on the Wii U.
Nah, DK WILL have a new stage on the 3DS, we just haven't seen it yet. Same with Metroid and maybe Star Fox. F-Zero has a new stage and so does Mother. I find it hard to believe that three far more popular franchises that actually got games since Brawl are relegated to only returning stages.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

I'd rather he not be in the game at all. Reducing him to an Assist Trophy would be like winning 5 cents in the lottery after you spent a dollar for the ticket, and being a punching bag that occasionally hits back would be like your ticket growing an arm, punching you, and then stealing your wallet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd rather he not be in the game at all. Reducing him to an Assist Trophy would be like winning 5 cents in the lottery after you spent a dollar for the ticket, and being a punching bag that occasionally hits back would be like your ticket growing an arm, punching you, and then stealing your wallet.
If he's not going to be DLC, I think he should be an Assist Trophy. However, if there's hope for DLC, I'd rather K. Rool (and Isaac) not have AT's at all.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I still would love to see an AT upgraded, in game. I've wanted that since Brawl. From eitehr an AT or Pokemon, or even a character in the background (wanted it to be Tom Nook, then).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'd much rather K. Rool over Dixie Kong. After all, the DKC series is about more than just apes.
I think I've made this comparison before, but I think K. Rool is quite a bit like Robin, in a sense. Both are very unique characters that could represent the diversity of their respective franchises, and as such are probably the most ideal choices, yet have some sort of arbitrary reason (recency for K. Rool, and not being a "face" for Robin) for why they supposedly can't be playable. Their situations are remarkable similar, I think.

Though, when I first made that comparison, Robin had yet to be revealed. Now it's clear that the arbitrary reasons people thought that he/she could not be playable meant nothing in the end. I hope the same happens with K. Rool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think I've made this comparison before, but I think K. Rool is quite a bit like Robin, in a sense. Both are very unique characters that could represent the diversity of their respective franchises, and as such are probably the most ideal choices, yet have some sort of arbitrary reason (recency for K. Rool, and not being a "face" for Robin) for why they supposedly can't be playable. Their situations are remarkable similar, I think.

Though, when I first made that comparison, Robin had yet to be revealed. Now it's clear that the arbitrary reasons people thought that he/she could not be playable meant nothing in the end. I hope the same happens with K. Rool.
Although in all honesty, we should have both K. Rool and Dixie...

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
That's it. It's over. All my hope is gone. We're not getting a new DK stage. We're not getting K. Rool. We're not even getting Dixie. DK gets thrown down the shaft once again. Lesson to be learned here: Never have faith in human beings. Make sure you tell all your babies that.

But there is no need for me to be upset, because this:
Show this to your babies.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
That's it. It's over. All my hope is gone. We're not getting a new DK stage. We're not getting K. Rool. We're not even getting Dixie. DK gets thrown down the shaft once again. Lesson to be learned here: Never have faith in human beings. Make sure you tell all your babies that.

But there is no need for me to be upset, because this:
Show this to your babies.
All this gloominess just turns into a dark day for us kutthroats and I have a feeling it'll continue to go downhill even more until it can no longer get any worse than what it is. In the end, what will we supporters do, leave the site upon rage? Condemn Sakurai for wronging us? Write an angry letter to the series' creator himself? Or will we just sit in the shadows while all hope fades into obscurity?

Top Bottom