• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Hi,

Did anyone figure out who the guy is that arrives in the end of the Shulk trailer? I'm not familiar with Xenoblade ...
For a short moment I thought about King K. Rool on the Flying Krock...

Although the shape of the shadow doesn't really look like a crocodile head...
It's Metal Face.
Though tbh... I dunno. I'm almost losing hope for a DK newcomer in general... I mean, I'm still gonna buy the game of course. But it'd be a shame. At this point even I'd accept Dixie, but we all know who should get in right?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I totally thought that K.Rool was gonna come in on a flying battleship or on the back of Ridley at the end there.
Would've been best trailer...ever.

Kinda dissapointed to here that its some dude named metal face...
does this mean that Metal Face is gonna be confirmed as a character later?

Man I wish I could pickup xenoblade somewhere for less than $80. Its impossible to get it in America from anywhere besides gamestop where they have to ship it in from europe.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Also why are we not talking about K. Rool anymore?
There's nothing much to say as for now tbh...

It's so frustrating to see that people are starting to get their hyped and most wanted newcomers while K Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo are nowhere to be seen and even decreasing their chances. Regarding K Rool, rumors say there's gonna be a DK newcomer and that it's Dixie, so even worse...

I guess the only thing left to do is wait.

I totally thought that K.Rool was gonna come in on a flying battleship or some crazy contraption at the end there.

Man I wish I could pickup xenoblade somewhere for less than $80. Its impossible to get it in America from anywhere besides gamestop where they have to ship it in from europe.
I don't think so, if that "thing" (robot?) is in, I bet it's a boss. Actually I didn't get to play Xenoblade either! Good thing there's a 3DS version coming out, I may give it a try.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
There's nothing much to say as for now tbh...

It's so frustrating to see that people are starting to get their hyped and most wanted newcomers while K Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo are nowhere to be seen and even decreasing their chances. Regarding K Rool, rumors say there's gonna be a DK newcomer and that it's Dixie, so even worse...

I guess the only thing left to do is wait.
Yeah. Ironically enough, the supposed leak that confirms Dixie also confirms Ridley. Can't have a slice of the pie and eat it too can we?

I don't think so, if that "thing" (robot?) is in, I bet it's a boss. Actually I didn't get to play Xenoblade either! Good thing there's a 3DS version coming out, I may give it a try.
Yeah, Metal Face would probably make great boss material. I mean, the game is semi-turn-based, it'd translate well into a Smash boss.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I totally thought that K.Rool was gonna come in on a flying battleship or on the back of Ridley at the end there.

No, Metal Face will be a boss, in fact I think he's been confirmed to be a boss via Twitter. Which ironically helps Ridley. :p

EDIT: Doesn't say much about K. Rool, though.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So we got Shulk, one of the most wanted characters in Japan.
We may get Ridley, one of the most wanted characters in the West, soon.

How about the final trailer, right before the game launches, is for K. Rool, the most wanted character around the world?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Well guys I thought if we got a character reveal today it would be Shulk or Mewtwo, but this does help the leak even more. I still have faith K Rool is in no reason to get bummed out yet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So we got Shulk, one of the most wanted characters in Japan.
We may get Ridley, one of the most wanted characters in the West, soon.

How about the final trailer, right before the game launches, is for K. Rool, the most wanted character around the world?
I'd love this, do not expect it at all, but I'd love this.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Maybe remove me from the support list, since I only bring bad luck to those characters I support lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'll be honest here: I squee'd when I saw Shulk. That's my #2 most wanted actually confirmed! Now, if only my #1 appeared soon...
I'm still hoping my #2 (Isaac) is going to make it in... and my #1 (K. Rool), #5 (Dixie Kong), and #6 (Ridley)....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

That's why I love living in a small town. They had five used, but in perfect condition, copies of Xenoblade for $50 a pop. :p

But yeah, nothing K. Rool related in the trailer.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's why I love living in a small town. They had five used, but in perfect condition, copies of Xenoblade for $50 a pop. :p

But yeah, nothing K. Rool related in the trailer.
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They're likely announcing something at PAX, which is a western-only event. If they announce Ridley, they still don't have anything to announce for a Smash Direct, which most likely WILL happen. K. Rool is the most wanted newcomer worldwide... I'd rather not get my hopes up, but lack of K. Rool is both good and bad. Good, because it means he's not disconfirmed, and bad because it means he's not confirmed.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Well, the leak is real. Now I'm pissed at Sakurai. Seriously, Dark Pit? Thing is, I even like him as a character in Uprising, he goes through a nice bit of development. But he in no way deserves a spot on the ssb4 roster. Not before Ice Climbers, King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, and the others that are not in the leak. Also, Duck Hunt Dog is the most predictable retro rep ever. Why him, but not Takumaru? Takumaru had way more moveset potential, unlike Duck Hunt Dog, who should of been the assist trophy. Ugh, this roster is the worst.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Well, the leak is real. Now I'm pissed at Sakurai. Seriously, Dark Pit? Thing is, I even like him as a character in Uprising, he goes through a nice bit of development. But he in no way deserves a spot on the ssb4 roster. Not before Ice Climbers, King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, and the others that are not in the leak. Also, Duck Hunt Dog is the most predictable retro rep ever. Why him, but not Takumaru? Takumaru had way more moveset potential, unlike Duck Hunt Dog, who should of been the assist trophy. Ugh, this roster is the worst.
Dude, there are still characters yet to be unlocked and known for Arceus's sake..

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Waaah, my fav characters arent in the roster, this is the worst roster ever!.
Sakurai can't make everyone happy.
If your fav characters are not in the roster just deal with it.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
The way I see it is like this. A: the text leaks are true and we get 2/3 for the hype 3. B: they are lies and we could get any combo of the hype 3. Either way, there is a good chance that we will get someone to make up for k rool is he is not in.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sakurai can't make evereyone happy.
The thing is, these weren't just the characters I wanted, these are characters everyone wanted. People hate the Duck Hunt Dog, they hate Dark Pit, and they hate Dr. Mario. They all got in though. Meanwhile the Big Three still haven't had a single one of them confirmed yet. This isn't just how I feel, it's how many feel. This was a biased roster.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sakurai can't make evereyone happy.
Sakurai can't make everyone happy...but he can make more people happy by doing what more people want him to do, like allocating resources toward popular veterans or newcomer choices instead of fluff modes. Doesn't make the roster inherently horrible, but it is still something that could be improved.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
The thing is, these weren't just the characters I wanted, these are characters everyone wanted. People hate the Duck Hunt Dog, they hate Dark Pit, and they hate Dr. Mario. They all got in though. Meanwhile the Big Three still haven't had a single one of them confirmed yet. This isn't just how I feel, it's how many feel. This was a biased roster.
No need to say "everyone" wanted them.
I never wanted Mewtwo. -.-

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No, Metal Face will be a boss, in fact I think he's been confirmed to be a boss via Twitter. Which ironically helps Ridley. :p

EDIT: Doesn't say much about K. Rool, though.
Source?

And regarding K. Rool, I haven't given up hope on him yet. I don't believe what we have is the final roster, and there's still the possibility that he can get in over Dixie (like Robin did with Chrom). Although at this point, I would rather that we got either one instead of no DK newcomer at all.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Shulk just got revealed today hunh, not surprised really, I'm sure almost all of us saw it coming. I see the result as bothe a bad thing and a good thing actually. It's bad because it pretty much confirms the crappy roster we'll be getting with dark pit, duck hunt dog, and dr. mario. However, it's good too because Shulk was one of the 5 most want newcomers in Japan and being how Mega Man, and Palutena have been revealed, that leavess only 2 other characters on that list as well as the U.S.'s version, not to mention we already have Little Mac here, things may actually be looking up for our king, as well as ridley and mewtwo(who's technically a veteran).

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Man... that's so, so, so, so sad... And I was so 100% sure, that KKR will get this time in a SSB Game. How many years will it take until we can also call KKR a real Nintendo All-Stars. It's so sad that we not even can call him more as a part of the big Nintendo family anymore. He's more like the sad uncle nobody what's to see.

Heck, I even drawn so many pictures to celebrate my hopes for the reptilian king.

I can tell you something guys... If KKR is not getting in this time, than he will never get in. All most every important Nintendo Character is all ready in. Only some minor characters are left like Slippy Toad, Princess Ruto, Waluigi or Fawful. This is the kings last chance to be a part of the biggest Nintendo-All-Star-Game ever. If not now than never. And to honest... I can not see a next SSB after this one, where the only characters we can choose, are some secondary ones no one really cares about.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
He absolutely is! I forget where I saw it but someone posted the list of the
top most requested newcomers from Japan and the U.S. I wish I could find the list. His list was made from him visiting Japanese forums and seeing their most wanteds.

I believe his list was:

Japan:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman (CONFIRMED)
Palutena (CONFIRMED)
Shulk (CONFIRMED)

U.S.:
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Megaman (CONFIRMED)
Little Mac (CONFIRMED)
Ridley
So according to this list, three of the five top requested in Japan are in and two of the five most requested in the West are in. If we are going by that logic, then there is absolutely no excuse to not put K. Rool in the roster. None whatsoever.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So according to this list, three of the five top requested in Japan are in and two of the five most requested in the West are in. If we are going by that logic, then there is absolutely no excuse to not put K. Rool in the roster. None whatsoever.
This is what we discussed a few pages ago.

If Ridley and Mewtwo make it in and K. Rool doesn't, then Sakurai owes us an explanation as to why he's not playable. If he managed to make Shulk work (and it apparently took a lot of effort, according to today's PotD), he can make Ridley and K. Rool work too.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
This is what we discussed a few pages ago.

If Ridley and Mewtwo make it in and K. Rool doesn't, then Sakurai owes us an explanation as to why he's not playable. If he managed to make Shulk work (and it apparently took a lot of effort, according to today's PotD), he can make Ridley and K. Rool work too.
At this point, I'm expecting none of them, nor anyone else period. Shulk's trailer said 'Over 40 characters'. Leak already has 48.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
At this point, I'm expecting none of them, nor anyone else period. Shulk's trailer said 'Over 40 characters'. Leak already has 48.
As I said on a couple other threads, we have EXACTLY 40 characters officially revealed as of now. Those commercials haven't shown any of the unnanounced characters. They probably put 40 instead of 50 more characters because they don't want to spoil how many characters are left apart from the ones already announced, which will most likely be the starting characters.

Also, I know it's not my problem, but why are you so pesimistic all the time? There's no reason to think this is over.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A good point someone brought up on DKVine earlier today. . .

If the ESRB Build was supposed to feature all game content that could require prior review, is this proof that K. Rool won't be using his blunderbuss, wherever he appears in the game?

Granted, there could be different ESRB Builds, as has been speculated, but this is still something to think about. It probably is a massive nail in the coffin for Snake, at any rate.

It'd be quite sad to not see him capitalize upon his biggest source of potential, a gun that can fire literally anything. Ah well, who needs a blunderbuss user when we have half a dozen swordsmen to work on? :troll:

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
why are you so pesimistic all the time?
It's my nature. Has been for a very long time. It also makes things less disappointing when they inevitably don't pan out, which seems to be the case with this game.

The fact that we got Dark Pit, Miis, and WFT before Mewtwo's return, Ridley, or K. Rool is just disgraceful. Now it seems like a miracle that Mega Man and Little Mac got in. What would Sakurai's thought process to be to include those fan favorites, but not the others?

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
A good point someone brought up on DKVine earlier today. . .

If the ESRB Build was supposed to feature all game content that could require prior review, is this proof that K. Rool won't be using his blunderbuss, wherever he appears in the game?
Sorry, I don't follow... ???

Edit: Oh now I do nevermind

Last edited:
Top Bottom