• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

The shulk support thread is catching up jk we love you please don't hurt me

for real though I hope K K rool gets in along with Shulk we need more villains and he'd be neat to see in smash

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Weavel and ridley are both under developed, ridley has been in tons of metroid games now and is visually appealing but was not given any more personailty besides being a bad guy, I think I also read he was racist but its been a long time.

Weavel was a elite space pirate Samus killed and was rebuilt by other space pirates in the shape of a human to possible lower suspicion of the space pirate race. He is only helping them as long as they are a convenience to him. He is also the first playable space pirate in the series.

And I never said ridley was a mindless monster, he just has visuals going for him and positions of power among the space pirates. But he doesn't talk or much else, he just shows up and you fight him.

P.s. any of the hunters would make good additions and are no way similar then some mini boss or whatever you were comparing them to. They are all bounty hunters like samus have unique alt forms and varying advantages with their own unique guns and powers.
Ridley's personality is not shown in the games clear enough (though it's better in Other M), but it is shown in the manga (Sakamoto stated it was canon). He is shown to be an intelligent and competent battle tactician. He is cruel and sadistic, even taunting Samus and states that he may have eaten and incorporated the cells of her mother's corpse into his body and sardonically wonders what part her cells reside in (yes, he talks in the manga). The hunters on the other hand are one-shot characters that merely fight over stupid artifacts. They are irrelevant and made an appearance only in a Metroid game that was released 8 years ago. Having different guns doesn't make them unique, Samus acquires those gun powers anyway, plus plenty of things they can do other characters could probably do anyway. They are not bosses, they are recurring enemies in one game that you constantly fight in order to collect artifacts. Even Other M's Anthony is more important than them, he actually has an impact in the Metroid canon timeline, and he's just a Galactic Federation grunt. Though talking about Metroid stuff here is a bit off topic, so back to King K. Rool.

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388

for real though I hope K K rool gets in along with Shulk we need more villains and he'd be neat to see in smash
I personally think Dixie kong shall overcome k rool. she is unique. k rool has weapons at his disposal(crown boxing gloves jaws) but..... DKC TF recently came out and k rool wasn't included. (WARNING HUGE WAR COMING!)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
By the way, I made that GIF. Just wanted to say that I would really like K. Rool, so it's all in good fun.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

:facepalm: You actually went and did this?
Eh, whatever, new supporter, that means you're...

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
It's Neogaf and "EXPAND DONG" all over again... :)
If I had the editing software I'd like to do an anti-One of Us version. Like one of BKupa's.
Song of choice? "******* ain't ****" by Dr. Dre of course.

"One of Us" from The Lion King 2 soundtrack. (One of the most depressing things I heard growing up)

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Ridley's personality is not shown in the games clear enough (though it's better in Other M), but it is shown in the manga (Sakamoto stated it was canon). He is shown to be an intelligent and competent battle tactician. He is cruel and sadistic, even taunting Samus and states that he may have eaten and incorporated the cells of her mother's corpse into his body and sardonically wonders what part her cells reside in (yes, he talks in the manga). The hunters on the other hand are one-shot characters that merely fight over stupid artifacts. They are irrelevant and made an appearance only in a Metroid game that was released 8 years ago. Having different guns doesn't make them unique, Samus acquires those gun powers anyway, plus plenty of things they can do other characters could probably do anyway. They are not bosses, they are recurring enemies in one game that you constantly fight in order to collect artifacts. Even Other M's Anthony is more important than them, he actually has an impact in the Metroid canon timeline, and he's just a Galactic Federation grunt. Though talking about Metroid stuff here is a bit off topic, so back to King K. Rool.
The manga is highly disputable and this is not the place for it. And the manga isn't canon and their isn't an official source that says this, and the manga has many contradictions. Also they weren't one shot hunters, they were all invited because they were highly skilled and don't hunt relics for a living.

And it doesn't matter if Samus can acquire their gun, the hunters can get each others as well as having additional effects while using their signature weapon that Samus can't do. Not to mention very unique alt forms such as weavel detaching his lower body and fighting with his arm blade while his lower half turns into a turret.

Last edited:
first post, I have been lurking here for a long time,since im a big donkey kong fan and have been playing smash since the 64,favorite game ever is dkc 2,favorite music ever is from dkc 2 and you can guess who my favorite villian is,i decided to make an account to support our favorite king.

so sign me up to the list.......make me one of you....please?

Last edited:

Mistress Nicole

Smash Apprentice
first post, I have been lurking here for a long time,since im a big donkey kong fan and have been playing smash since the 64,favorite game ever is dkc 2,favorite music ever is from dkc 2 and you can guess who my favorite villian is,i decided to make an account to support our favorite king.

so sign me up to the list.......make me one of you....please?
Welcome aboard.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sigh... We need a massive character blowout. We need a villains trailer. Very badly. It's really hard to get hyped when the info is trickling in sooo slowly. Sakurai's pics of the day reveal so little info that can be cared for. Sorry to sound so annoyed, it's just ridiculous trying to wait for the game. I may just go to Japan in all seriousness

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Sigh... We need a massive character blowout. We need a villains trailer. Very badly. It's really hard to get hyped when the info is trickling in sooo slowly. Sakurai's pics of the day reveal so little info that can be cared for. Sorry to sound so annoyed, it's just ridiculous trying to wait for the game. I may just go to Japan in all seriousness
We're so spoiled, it's been a little over a week since we got a huge announcement and we're all whining lol.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Hey peoples, I literally just joined today to be officially accepted into the K. Rool love club. I've wanted K. Rool in Smash for years and I 100,000,000% support him joining the SSB4 roster. Please accept me because I've loved the Donkey Kong franchise more than any other video game franchise in existence since I was like 5 and I always thought K. Rool was the coolest guy ever, so there's no one I want more in Smash 4 than K. Rool. Please let me be one of you or I will cry.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Hey peoples, I literally just joined today to be officially accepted into the K. Rool love club. I've wanted K. Rool in Smash for years and I 100,000,000% support him joining the SSB4 roster. Please accept me because I've loved the Donkey Kong franchise more than any other video game franchise in existence since I was like 5 and I always thought K. Rool was the coolest guy ever, so there's no one I want more in Smash 4 than K. Rool. Please let me be one of you or I will cry.
Congratulations, you're now...

i've always wanted to do that

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
King K. Rool would be really unique I think, I mean he'd be a heavy but would ranged based. A heavy keep away character atleast that's how I picture him. Really slow up close but his range makes up for it. He'd be really fun to play

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sometimes I come in here and post nothing just because I want to get more updates on the thread and make it bigger to make my unholy King the best represented in the land.

Nonsense
nOnsense
NONSenses

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I personally think Dixie kong shall overcome k rool. she is unique. k rool has weapons at his disposal(crown boxing gloves jaws) but..... DKC TF recently came out and k rool wasn't included. (WARNING HUGE TUMBLR COMING!)
What, she had her first role in 18 years that wasn't a spin off, cameo, or remake? Well surely, this character who has not had a real role since DKC3 is now a shoo in over the main villian of the series in everything but two games. "Relevance" helps K. Rool over her. More people need to realize it.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I just needed to come in here and vent my frustration........please understand.

I know you can't take leaks seriously because you don't know until pics happen (that are real and not shopped) but all these leaks with Dixie instead of K.Rool just bum me out and honestly make me kind of mad. If Dixie gets in over K.Rool it will really grind my gears. He's wanted in Japan and the States quite a bit yet people consider him less likely than Ridley who's only really wanted here in the U.S. I have nothing against Ridley fans I'm pro purple dragon aswell but it's just annoying to me.

Every leak that's dropped so far has the words K.Rool isn't playable and it just makes me so bummed.....

rant over.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

I know you can't take leaks seriously because you don't know until pics happen (that are real and not shopped) but all these leaks with Dixie instead of K.Rool just bum me out and honestly make me kind of mad. If Dixie gets in over K.Rool it will really grind my gears. He's wanted in Japan and the States quite a bit yet people consider him less likely than Ridley who's only really wanted here in the U.S. I have nothing against Ridley fans I'm pro purple dragon aswell but it's just annoying to me.

Every leak that's dropped so far has the words K.Rool isn't playable and it just makes me so bummed.....

rant over.
Yea even if the leaks are total bullsh*t, which they pretty much are, it's still anti-hype. When you see that the character you want isn't playable enough, you start to feel as if they are really deconfirmed. But listen to this, it will help

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I realized I haven't posted here yet. I'm a K. Rool supporter since Pre-Brawl. Add me in as a supporter.
I seriously wonder what Sakurai's stance about King K. Rool is, though. He has talked about Ridley before but not about the King.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I know you can't take leaks seriously because you don't know until pics happen (that are real and not shopped) but all these leaks with Dixie instead of K.Rool just bum me out and honestly make me kind of mad. If Dixie gets in over K.Rool it will really grind my gears. He's wanted in Japan and the States quite a bit yet people consider him less likely than Ridley who's only really wanted here in the U.S. I have nothing against Ridley fans I'm pro purple dragon as well but it's just annoying to me.

rant over.
All leaks need the 'big bummer' on them. Take it with a big stamp of pride that this big disappointment that is reoccurring is K Rool not being on them, that he has reached the status that he is likely perceived, by many, to be a reasonable candidate, and that his exclusion is what is used for these 'leaks' as the BIG OUTCRY of Sm4sh to make the leak seem legit (because a perfect roster would make a leak seem less legit, apparently).

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

rant over.
Don't worry. When we get both Dixie AND K. Rool, we can all be happy.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I realized I haven't posted here yet. I'm a K. Rool supporter since Pre-Brawl. Add me in as a supporter.
I seriously wonder what Sakurai's stance about King K. Rool is, though. He has talked about Ridley before but not about the King.
If you havnt heard this song yet, I simply just happened to find it on the interweb. I call it my little unknown gem.

Have you guys heard it on here?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yea even if the leaks are total bullsh*t, which they pretty much are, it's still anti-hype. When you see that the character you want isn't playable enough, you start to feel as if they are really deconfirmed. But listen to this, it will help
All leaks need the 'big bummer' on them. Take it with a big stamp of pride that this big disappointment that is reoccurring is K Rool not being on them, that he has reached the status that he is likely perceived, by many, to be a reasonable candidate, and that his exclusion is what is used for these 'leaks' as the BIG OUTCRY of Sm4sh to make the leak seem legit (because a perfect roster would make a leak seem less legit, apparently).
Don't worry. When we get both Dixie AND K. Rool, we can all be happy.

Thanks everyone you seriously cheered me up!

Thing is K.Rool was always a favorite villain of mine but I always excepted him as an obscure chance for smash but seeing other fans want him so bad like myself helped me go from indifferent for his inclusion to full on WANT. I feel like this is his big chance and I don't want to wait till Sma5h for my Kremling King.......

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The DK series deserves 4 reps hands down. If Fire Emblem has 4 why not DK it's only one of Nintendos top 5 franchises.
Exactly. It in fact deserves the same treatment even more considering that the Donkey Kong franchise has been represented in Smash Bros. longer than Fire Emblem has.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Nice username. You and @KlumpKluxKlan should get together sometime.

Top Bottom