• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So anything come from that Chunky Kong assist trophy thing? Was that just a myth? I remember back before Brawl was released there were multiple reports of people who saw a Tails assist trophy but that turned out to be wrong. Same thing maybe?

(not that im 100% sure that chunky being an AT actually relates to k.rool but it's been a popular topic)

EDIT: Whoops, sorry this was asked recently.
For the whole Chunky rumor, that was based on Smashfest. The Comic-Con demo was the E3 demo.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Rumble Falls was explicitly based on two different levels from "Donkey Kong Jungle Beat"... Rumble Falls and Sky Kingdom. Love the stage or leave it, you can't say it came from nowhere, it's clearly based on actual DK location.
And I have learned something new today, I only played jungle beat once so I was unaware

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I learned that SuperiorYoshi is part of the Yoshi master race. He is secretly a Kremling and is infact a very large kremling, he is also a boss in smash run.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Anyway @ BKupa666 BKupa666 I've heard about some possible legit rumors that your aware of, I don't want to discuss the rumors as that's not what this thread is for. I just want to know in your opinion what's K.Rools chances looking like with this rumor.......

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
If Fire Emblem can get 4 Reps, I think Donkey Kong Should Definitely get four Reps.

Dixie is one of my choices, but I think King- Kaptain-Baron K. Rool Also deserves a spot too!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If Fire Emblem can get 4 Reps, I think Donkey Kong Should Definitely get four Reps.

Dixie is one of my choices, but I think King- Kaptain-Baron K. Rool Also deserves a spot too!
Kare to be One of Us?

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion

You know the drill, kutthroats!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Been a while since I've come here. So... K. Rool. Yay.

But seriously, it's getting nerve-racking with this Assist Trophy business. I assume K. Rool would sooner become a crappy stage boss, but you never know with the madness incarnate that is Sakurai.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
So I had a dream last night... that one of the challenges in Sm4sh is that Donkey and Diddy must face the King himself. It took place on Final Destination.

K. ROOL KONFIRMED.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Been a while since I've kome here. So... K. Rool. Yay.

But seriously, it's getting nerve-racking with this Assist Trophy business. I assume K. Rool would sooner become a krappy stage boss, but you never know with the madness inkarnate that is Sakurai.
You made some spelling mistakes. Don't worry, I fixed them up

Weavel

Smash Ace
ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!
Weeell,
Listen here, while I make it clear:
I can't believe you can't see what we see here!
A crocodile is a superior species!
You're Donkey Croc, and it shows easy!
Looking at your claws,
You could be one of my in-laws!

'Cause you're one of us! One of us!
You mean and green scaly sheen!
Can't you see you're one of us?
You walk the walk like brother croc!
Arm and arm, together, we ROCK!

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Well, I've lurked this thread long enough. Count me in as part of the Krew. I can't say I have any attachment to the big guy, as I didn't get into Donkey Kong until Returns, but I definitely see him being fun to play as.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Weeell,
Listen here, while I make it clear:
I can't believe you can't see what we see here!
A crocodile is a superior species!
You're Donkey Croc, and it shows easy!
Looking at your claws,
You could be one of my in-laws!

'Cause you're one of us! One of us!
You mean and green scaly sheen!
Can't you see you're one of us?
You walk the walk like brother croc!
Arm and arm, together, we ROCK!
I thought it was "intials DC" since it fits better.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
While I consider Ridley and K. Rool's threads as some sort of parallels to each other, there is a certain air to this place that's markedly different.

Ridley's thread is always crazy and over-the-top with constant lunacy (and redundancy evidently). Here however everything is cool and collected, and I feel like an evil mastermind plotting his ultimate scheme, waiting in the shadows until the perfect moment. I love that feeling.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must recite K. Rool's Finest Hour for the thousandth time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And the bad breath didn't? Geez you must have one terrible nose
...I actually do have a terrible sense of smell. In AP Psychology in junior year we were blindfolded and had to guess twenty common smells. I correctly guessed only coffee, ammonia, and peanut butter.

But yeah, the Bad Breath was funny too. :p

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Anyway @ BKupa666 BKupa666 I've heard about some possible legit rumors that your aware of, I don't want to discuss the rumors as that's not what this thread is for. I just want to know in your opinion what's K.Rools chances looking like with this rumor.......
MUST BE TOLD!
KEEP IT KOOL KUPA

that said...

While I consider Ridley and K. Rool's threads as some sort of parallels to each other, there is a certain air to this place that's markedly different.

Ridley's thread is always crazy and over-the-top with constant lunacy (and redundancy evidently). Here however everything is cool and collected, and I feel like an evil mastermind plotting his ultimate scheme, waiting in the shadows until the perfect moment. I love that feeling.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must recite K. Rool's Finest Hour for the thousandth time.
Because there is no need to fear.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was "intials DC" since it fits better.
I'm positive you're correct. I can't hear the other one at all...

But regardless...

We-eell~ if what you say is truuuuUE
Well I guess we're brothers
same colours, with a similar hue...*
With these faa-aangs!
And this scaly skii-iiin...

There's no question that we're fah-mily,
Next of kin!
~~~~
'Cause I'm One of You!
One of You!
Same krew nuthin' I can do,
I can see I'm One of You...!
One of You
One of You, the same krew~

I'M REALLY ONE OF YOOOOUU!!!

*Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't colour and hue the same thing? Hue is colour. Tint is black and white. Shading stuff. (What I remember from school at least)
Point is that lyric seems a little redundant upon reflection.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
None of the rumors feature K. Rool directly, it's just a matter of there possibly being a legitimate source out there. He's not released much info yet, but depending on future developments, K. Rool's chances could be affected one way or the other.

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
None of the rumors feature K. Rool directly, it's just a matter of there possibly being a legitimate source out there. He's not released much info yet, but depending on future developments, K. Rool's chances could be affected one way or the other.

Could you Pm me these rumours Mr Kupa

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I thought the info was released a few hours ago in the Smash 4 leak group? Or is this something else?

Also, for HyperSlash:

Kount me in as part of the Krew!

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
K Rool is Jabba's kind of scum. Add me to your support. I love the big guy, he was my best man to leah.

-Jabba

Last edited:

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
They're truly making heavy weights appear more powerful and intense this time around. And we all know who fits that description perfectly...

wildvine47

Smash Ace
As you guys here would probably be interested as well, someone from DKVine reached out to me and asked me to specify more about my Chunky sightings, so I made the following post over there detailing what exactly I saw and what exactly happened.

"Hey guys, it's me, wildvine47, the apparently now-infamous Chunky reporter. I got a personal message over on Smashboards telling me that you guys had some questions about what I saw way back when and all of the stuff I posted about, so here goes.

I was at the Schaumburg Best Buy for Smashfest, and we were on the Colosseum Stage. I was playing as Wii Fit Trainer, and I remember that the person who picked up the AT to unleash him was Pikachu. When he was released, he stood in place for a few seconds, then jumped into the air, and did a ground pound (which unfortunately no one was underneath, meaning I don't know if the pound itself does damage), rumbling the screen a bit. Afterwards, bananas fell down from the top of the screen in his general area, and they bopped people on the head, doing really light hits that made people flinch. A few bananas were left behind as peels. After the banana rain ended, he looked at the camera, shrugged, and disappeared. I do not have video of him, as my friend and cameraman was stopped from recording videos after one of the matches (as you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMLuEhbK3ak), and Chunky appeared in a later one.

As for the Cranky Trophy, it was on Smash Run on the 3DS. I played Yoshi and spent most of the time toying around with his changed moves, but grabbed up some goodies along the way. In-game they showed up as question marks, but afterwards at the results screen, it showed that one of the trophies I picked up was Cranky's, the same one from Brawl it seemed.

That's all of the DK-related content I got out of Smashfest. I really am sorry I didn't get the footage, as I would've liked to have some proof to back myself up, but if nothing else there are quite a few scattered other reports around the net and on Smashboards that have also seen him. While I'm confident in what I saw, and AFAIK all of the rest of the non-DK information in my post way back when has also been confirmed to be genuine, without pictures or video, I myself would also take it with a heavy grain of salt had I not seen it myself. Hopefully some footage comes to light or he gets shown on the Dojo sooner rather than later so we can finally put the matter to rest.

If anyone has any other specific questions, I can answer them as well."

So yeah, I have nothing further on the Chunky situation thus far, but I tried to describe it in as much detail as I can remember. Sorry about that guys. Maybe this recent influx of leakers can give us all final confirmation on Chunky, so I can stop getting hate messages from people about it :/

Bendezium Dweevil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-7123-8170
Thanks to this thread I now remember that strange DK Country TV show... My cousin and I loved it. I remember the Crystal Coconut episode more than anything... But anyways, K. ount me in as a supporter. K. Rool is one of the characters at the top of my wishlist, and I really hope he gets a moveset compiling of all of his quirky characters from the games!

y wud u guys want krool hes litraly a bowser copy
Final Smash: Galleonmaster

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So I was curious on your guys and gals opinions on IF K.Rool is in, do you think he will make realistic crocodile sounds? Like Bowser and DK who sound more realistic. Personally I really want him to do his trademark AUUGGH! When he gets hit with a heavy attack.

Also a random thought I had, notice how Bowser now runs in a full sprint where as he used to do that stupid slide. Remember in DKC2 when K.Rool would use his blunderbuss and slide across the ground? A sprint for K.Rool perhaps???? Maybe Sakurai dosent want 2 big fat guys sliding around :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom