• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So anything come from that Chunky Kong assist trophy thing? Was that just a myth? I remember back before Brawl was released there were multiple reports of people who saw a Tails assist trophy but that turned out to be wrong. Same thing maybe?

(not that im 100% sure that chunky being an AT actually relates to k.rool but it's been a popular topic)

EDIT: Whoops, sorry this was asked recently.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
You know what I just thought would be a good PR move for nintendo? Where if these highly requested characters don't get in, they promise to start making them at game launch!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am REALLY under the impression that an AT will be promoted in game, just to shock us even further.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I feel for all the fans who wanted Takamaru but at the same time I breath a sigh of relief cause some of THE sh**iest leaks had Taka in them

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
The manga is highly disputable and this is not the place for it. And the manga isn't canon and their isn't an official source that says this, and the manga has many contradictions. Also they weren't one shot hunters, they were all invited because they were highly skilled and don't hunt relics for a living.

And it doesn't matter if Samus can acquire their gun, the hunters can get each others as well as having additional effects while using their signature weapon that Samus can't do. Not to mention very unique alt forms such as weavel detaching his lower body and fighting with his arm blade while his lower half turns into a turret.
They are one-shot characters, they have only appeared in one Metroid title, one which doesn't even have much of an effect on the timeline. They weren't really highly skilled, they were pretty much almost instantly killed by Gorea without it even trying. If there were to be a hunter chosen, it would not be Weavel, it would be Sylux. Not many non-Metroid fans know about the hunters, but they know about Ridley. So Weavel isn't going to be chosen, he's on the low end of the request scale. If Ridley or Dark Samus aren't playable (the former being the most requested Metroid newcomer rep, the latter being the second and was confirmed as an Assist Trophy), then it's likely that there won't be another Metroid rep, simple as that.

On topic, it's a shame on Takamaru was disconfirmed, but it's expected given that not as many know about him in comparison to characters from well established franchises. With the Kremlings as Smash Run enemies, the evidence shows that it's possible that Donkey Kong might get another rep, who better than the villain himself? I expect King K. Rool or Dixie Kong, no-one else from the Donkey Kong series.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If K.Rool is given boss status or is an assist trophy or some garbage id prefer to be let down as soon as possible. That way all this wondering, hoping and speculation can end, it's stressful. I hope he's none of those of course.

I hope my gut is right and the lack of a DK stage announcement means he's playable and will be revealed alongside a Gangplank Galleon stage.

Kremlings in Smash Run
No DK stage announced yet for Wii U
Lack of villains
Lack of villain announcements
Ridleys very possible inclusion
High popularity in both U.S. and Japan

All of these things to me anyway give a good feeling in K.Rools favor

Weavel

Smash Ace
They are one-shot characters, they have only appeared in one Metroid title, one which doesn't even have much of an effect on the timeline. They weren't really highly skilled, they were pretty much almost instantly killed by Gorea without it even trying. If there were to be a hunter chosen, it would not be Weavel, it would be Sylux. Not many non-Metroid fans know about the hunters, but they know about Ridley. So Weavel isn't going to be chosen, he's on the low end of the request scale. If Ridley or Dark Samus aren't playable (the former being the most requested Metroid newcomer rep, the latter being the second and was confirmed as an Assist Trophy), then it's likely that there won't be another Metroid rep, simple as that.

On topic, it's a shame on Takamaru was disconfirmed, but it's expected given that not as many know about him in comparison to characters from well established franchises. With the Kremlings as Smash Run enemies, the evidence shows that it's possible that Donkey Kong might get another rep, who better than the villain himself? I expect King K. Rool or Dixie Kong, no-one else from the Donkey Kong series.
The hunters lost because none of them had the omega cannon! You can't freaken hurt it without the omega cannon! Its like trying to kill ganondorf with the deku knife! They are all very skilled and come from various walks of life and flavorful back stories, The creator also wants to expand upon the series and use the hunters again.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Yea there were a few and now they're dead and buried alongside Wrinkley Kong. The difference is they won't come back to haunt us.
Good. I like it more when we don't know exactly what to expect. I love it when Sakurai surprises us. It's what I felt during Robin's reveal.

I hated how the Sal Romano leak practically drained a lot of the hype but he's dead now...

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
The hunters lost because none of them had the omega cannon! You can't freaken hurt it without the omega cannon! Its like trying to kill ganondorf with the deku knife! They are all very skilled and come from various walks of life and flavorful back stories, The creator also wants to expand upon the series and use the hunters again.
If you guys want to talk about Metroid you should take it to another thread......

Not trying to be that guy just a friendly warning before a Mod steps in.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Indeed this place isn't a place for a Metroid themed discussion, apologies :(

I was pretty much trying to keep on topic, but that guy seems too stubborn (he's doing the same in the Ridley thread).

I wonder what Donkey Kong themed stage would be chosen for the WiiU version.

Hopefully it'll be something that would be King K. Rool's home stage, but unfortunately it might be a Tropical Freeze based one given the pattern on how stages have been selected (most recent titles)... *sigh*

Would've been nice to have it based on that ship (that you fight him on) in one of the Country games.

I would have suggested the boxing ring from Donkey Kong 64, but we already have a boxing ring...

Weavel

Smash Ace
Indeed this place isn't a place for a Metroid themed discussion, apologies :(

I was pretty much trying to keep on topic, but that guy seems too stubborn (he's doing the same in the Ridley thread).

I wonder what Donkey Kong themed stage would be chosen for the WiiU version.

Hopefully it'll be something that would be King K. Rool's home stage, but unfortunately it might be a Tropical Freeze based one given the pattern on how stages have been selected (most recent titles)... *sigh*

Would've been nice to have it based on that ship (that you fight him on) in one of the Country games.

I would have suggested the boxing ring from Donkey Kong 64, but we already have a boxing ring...
Don't you try to pull that **** on me, you're the one that started all this.

Anyway, do you think we should make a petition for King rool if he doesn't meet the initial line up? The Krystal fans starter a year or so ahead with theirs, it can go a long ways in showing the devs how passionate we are about a character.

Also I have had some personal success with online petitions for video game character representations., I was part of a petition to get NiGHTS from NiGHTS into dreams into the first sega sonic racing game and they official responded to us and made her/him the flag person that signals the race.

P.S. and it was taken to the ridley thread by someone from here after I suggested this wasn't the place to debate ridley or the hunters with you.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Don't you try to pull that **** on me, you're the one that started all this.

Anyway, do you think we should make a petition for King rool if he doesn't meet the initial line up? The Krystal fans starter a year or so ahead with theirs, it can go a long ways in showing the devs how passionate we are about a character.
You started it actually by doing it in the Ridley thread, then you continued it doing it here, now drop it.

I'm only in this thread to support a playable King K. Rool, not to have some argument with you =/

Zynux

Smash Lord
I'd like to become One of you as a supporter of K.Rool Pls
Ignore my name pls >.> Lol
So you're the Kremling Kutthroat that stands on top of the Gangplank's mast ranting on and on about an intergalactic fox while we're off pillaging the Kong's Banana Hoard! Now I understand why they only put you on lookout duty.

:p

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
You started it actually by doing it in the Ridley thread, then you continued it doing it here, now drop it.

I'm only in this thread to support a playable King K. Rool, not to have some argument with you =/
You're the one who called me out here so now you're just sounding silly. Check your posts, the evidence is there, and like I said in my last post, I got pulled into the ridley thread because someone quoted my post from here and took it there after I said this wasn't the place for it when speaking to you.

And is Dixie Kong such a desirable character? I can only see her doing a lot less in terms of diddy with combat potential.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Thanks everyone you seriously cheered me up!

Thing is K.Rool was always a favorite villain of mine but I always excepted him as an obscure chance for smash but seeing other fans want him so bad like myself helped me go from indifferent for his inclusion to full on WANT. I feel like this is his big chance and I don't want to wait till Sma5h for my Kremling King.......
I never thought of him as being all that obscure. The only thing I saw against him is his lack of recency, but the Kritters in Smash Run destroyed that notion all-together. I think we are quite likely getting both K. Rool and Dixie at this point.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I never thought of him as being all that obscure. The only thing I saw against him is his lack of recency, but the Kritters in Smash Run destroyed that notion all-together. I think we are quite likely getting both K. Rool and Dixie at this point.
I don't really know what to say about this, part of me says this really doesn't say anything besides having some DK enemies, and my other half is just hopeful.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I don't really know what to say about this, part of me says this really doesn't say anything besides having some DK enemies, and my other half is just hopeful.
What it means is that the Kremlings haven't been forgotten about. It doesn't necessarily mean that K. Rool is in but it almost certainly means they have looked at him which is a definite plus.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Did anyone else notice how in the Smash Bros. Direct, while Sakurai was pointing out and naming the different enemies in Smash Run, he somehow failed to mention the Kritters while not failing to mention Tiki Buzz? Maybe he hoped we wouldn't notice the Kritters? Probably because he wanted the true reveal of Kremlings in Smash Bros to be a much grander thing? Perhaps accompanied by the reveal of their leader as say, a playable character? Hmmmmmmmm?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'd like to be considered a part of this Krew! Being an avid fan of K. Rool ever since he screwed me over with the fake Kredits, I admire the character and absolutely desire his appearance in a smash game. He's such an overlooked villain at this point, and I would love a reason to blast Gangplank Galleon on the DK stage.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd like to become One of you as a supporter of K.Rool Pls
I'd like to be considered a part of this Krew! Being an avid fan of K. Rool ever since he screwed me over with the fake Kredits, I admire the character and absolutely desire his appearance in a smash game. He's such an overlooked villain at this point, and I would love a reason to blast Gangplank Galleon on the DK stage.
Ignore my name pls >.> Lol

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Did anyone else notice how in the Smash Bros. Direct, while Sakurai was pointing out and naming the different enemies in Smash Run, he somehow failed to mention the Kritters while not failing to mention Tiki Buzz? Maybe he hoped we wouldn't notice the Kritters? Probably because he wanted the true reveal of Kremlings in Smash Bros to be a much grander thing? Perhaps accompanied by the reveal of their leader as say, a playable character? Hmmmmmmmm?
Yes, I did note that. I found it VERY strange he didn't mention Kritters at all. "Hey, Kritters are here! Haven't seen them in forever, have you?" Nope, he just completely ignored them, which is very, very interesting...

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If he didn't mention the kritters because he's trying to hide all signs on K. Rool, wouldn't he just not show the kritters at all?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If he didn't mention the kritters because he's trying to hide all signs on K. Rool, wouldn't he just not show the kritters at all?
No, I think the Kritters were left in on purpose as a tease towards K. Rool. I don't know why he didn't showcase the Kritters, though.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know what else I noticed? There was a bizarrely large amount of Kritter footage in that Direct despite them being only one out of dozens and dozens of random enemies. They were way more present in that Direct than they were in most Smash Run videos on YouTube. It's almost as though it was intentionally put there to tease "Hey, look who's back!"

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and on top of that why specially Kremlings? Couldn't they just show Koopas, Goombas, etc. They just appeared right there, out of nowhere, for a good while and Sakurai didn't even mention their name. I found it suspicious too...

Hopefully a hint towards playable K Rool!

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this was already posted on this thread, but this trailer idea for K. Rool and Dixie was absolutely hilarious

I know it's a joke, but I wouldn't even be upset if this were real.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not sure if this was already posted on this thread, but this trailer idea for K. Rool and Dixie was absolutely hilarious

Dixie Kong fighting alongside King K. Rool? :confused:

Edit: I know it is just for fun, but that still has such an odd ring to it.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I saw this the first time round, but it didn't click until just now that this is an exact parody of the FE+Captain Falcon trailer...

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know another reason I'm hoping for a Gangplank stage is because ever notice that DK gets the shaft on stages? A lot of stages in Smash are based off locations from actual games but DKs are always generic jungle. Smash 64 is excusable as most of the stages were floating platforms aside from like Zelda's castle but Melee? Generic river platforms and jungle.....Brawl? Jungle....with an airplane? Not counting the Retro stage of course I liked that. Anyway what I'm saying is it would be nice to get a level based on an ACTUAL DKC location....

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
You know another reason I'm hoping for a Gangplank stage is because ever notice that DK gets the shaft on stages? A lot of stages in Smash are based off locations from actual games but DKs are always generic jungle. Smash 64 is excusable as most of the stages were floating platforms aside from like Zelda's castle but Melee? Generic river platforms and jungle.....Brawl? Jungle....with an airplane? Not counting the Retro stage of course I liked that. Anyway what I'm saying is it would be nice to get a level based on an ACTUAL DKC location....
Did you hear the Rocket Barrel theme remix played during the item showcase in the Smash Bros. Direct? I think it means that we'll be getting a DKCR stage. If we do, I hope it's the mole train. That would be the coolest DK stage ever.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Rumble Falls was explicitly based on two different levels from "Donkey Kong Jungle Beat"... Rumble Falls and Sky Kingdom. Love the stage or leave it, you can't say it came from nowhere, it's clearly based on actual DK location.

Top Bottom