• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Maybe there are newcomers being saved for the WiiU version. They could be patched to the 3DS as free DLC and then rated by ESRB when the WiiU version is rated.

However, these hidden WiiU character would have had to be worked on by now... Maybe they are just super secret underwraps.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
All this gloominess just turns into a dark day for us kutthroats and I have a feeling it'll continue to go downhill even more until it can no longer get any worse than what it is. In the end, what will we supporters do, leave the site upon rage? Condemn Sakurai for wronging us? Write an angry letter to the series' creator himself? Or will we just sit in the shadows while all hope fades into obscurity?
Last one is all we can do. None of the other ones will do anything.

This is so goddamn disappointing. I had such high hopes for the roster of this game after Mega Man was revealed. Boy, was I foolish. None of the big three appear to have a chance, popular characters like Wolf/Lucas/Ice Climbers gone for no reason, Ganondorf and Wario having their characters disrespected AGAIN, no new stage (or anything really) for DK, blatant favoritism (seriously, Dark ****ing Pit?!), and this is just the 3DS version.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I don't blame Dark Pit and Dr. Mario for taking K. Rool's or Ridley's spot. I still think they both have a shot. What really makes me angry about this roster is Sakurai added the above mentioned clones over veteran characters like Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf. If K. Rool is not in, we need to start pushing hard for his inclusion in DKC and push for his inclusion as not only Smash DLC, but Mario Kart DLC. Anything to make Nintendo aware we will not settle for stupid instruments or ripoff Vikings.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, I myself am still hopeful for Ridley. For Mewtwo. And for K Rool.

Will they all get in? Maybe not. Yet, from the beginning, did I think a single one of them would be revealed at this time? No. Not one. I thought they would all be revealed either right before, or likely still, NOT AT ALL.

In fact, I've gotten more reason to believe they will in fact be DLC. Sakurai has been brilliant in showing he likely did plan, or at least expect, a leak, and has been following suit all week, in leak week, confirming the leak.
I don't know about you guys, but his behavior has been leading me more towards the King than I could have hoped.
If we had tons of unwanted characters, statements contrary to K Rool, that showed he wasn't listening....

Yet we have not. We have not gotten any of that, under a strict analysis. Beyond our immediate griping, we have gotten an extremely thorough market plan.

I'm not losing hope guys. It just doesn't make sense- but then again, I never thought it was logical that any of those three would be announced before now anyway.
Have I lost some hope for Chibi? For Ray MK? For Isaac? For Andy? Yes. I think they are less likely now. That saddens me.
But for these tanks?

No way. They would not have gotten revealed before.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I just have to hold on to my deep love and affection for :4pacman:. I will love :4pacman: for K. Rool. Every time I play :4pacman:, I will think of K. Rool. I will have no other main than :4pacman:. Screw your modern anime swordsmen. :4pacman: is true love. :4pacman: is love, :4pacman:is life. Pac your bags because :4pacman: will take us to the Pac-Promised land. :4pacman: is all that really matters.

Speaking of :4pacman:...

Where's my :4pacman: in :4mario:Kart 8?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Honestly though Wolf, Ridley, King K, or Mewtwo needs to be in. I was always telling people to quiet down about no villains, but the lack of them in the leak is really bothersome.

I'm hoping that there are more than four characters left to show. In my opinion, Mewtwo and Wolf are in. I heard some guy who said Shulk would have the Monado Arts thing also said Ridley is playable. But where does that leave the King?

Mewtwo, Wolf, Ridley, and Ice Climbers are my final four pics. I think they will be the last ones finished in development. I'm really praying that there are more than four slots though, since I really want the King to join.

Edit: Yeah he doesn't fit :(

Last edited:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
I'm in, like, the third argument in a month with the same guy who hates and DKC and loves Uprising about why DK deserves another character.

please end my suffering

Balmora

Smash Rookie
Well, Duck Hunt Dog is someone I would appreciate than any other person we have been given as a newcomer so far, and someone I think is personally more merited and unique, as well (other than third party). Additionally, Dr Mario, and to a lesser extent Dark Pit, help K Rool. Why? How? My previous post.

Why are people complaining about Dr Mario?

This is one of the ways Sakurai was willing to listen to fans.
He was trying to appeal to all those hooligans who wanted Melee back.
Ya know who was popular in Melee?
Roy, and Dr Mario.
Well, here ya go, have Lucina and Dr Mario.

Why this isn't seen as good news for Mewtwo, I don't know.
I guess because this forum just likes to freak out.
Chill on your emotions, forum.

While we don't know for sure why Dr. Mario was chosen to return to Smash Bros as a playable character, I would speculate that he got into the roster similarly to how Lucina did. Sakurai stated that "when two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster." It could have been that Dr. Mario was originally intended to be an alt costume for Mario (as most of us thought would happen), but because of slightly different function he got promoted to being a separate character.

As for whether or not K. Rool is in the game, we'll have to wait and see until the entire roster is confirmed. If he isn't in the final roster and not a boss/assist trophy, then it is possible that he is later announced as part of an addon pack later. While we don't know whether or not they'll do DLC for Smash Bros, it is definitely plausible, and for that reason we should not lose hope.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
While we don't know for sure why Dr. Mario was chosen to return to Smash Bros as a playable character, I would speculate that he got into the roster similarly to how Lucina did. Sakurai stated that "when two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster." It could have been that Dr. Mario was originally intended to be an alt costume for Mario (as most of us thought would happen), but because of slightly different function he got promoted to being a separate character.

As for whether or not K. Rool is in the game, we'll have to wait and see until the entire roster is confirmed. If he isn't in the final roster and not a boss/assist trophy, then it is possible that he is later announced as part of an addon pack later. While we don't know whether or not they'll do DLC for Smash Bros, it is definitely plausible, and for that reason we should not lose hope.
Yes.... I know what Sakurai stated. That does not change any of the reasoning that I posted. What it does say is that Sakurai was going to have the same Dr Mario as a costume for Mario. In fact, it stands to reason, that the same Dr Mario was going to have the characteristics he had in Melee (strength of attacks, Pills, etc). Yet, this affected character stats online, in matches, etc, which meant he had to be a separate character in the CSS all together.

Thusly, he is. Either way, he would have functioned the same way, probably.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ridley thread is going berserk. Did I miss something?
I'm trying to calm them down. There's a four hour event that finished not long ago with an embargo on it. They're probably planning to announce something big pretty soon, although I doubt its happening this weekend. At best we might get it Monday, but more likely it'll be announced in a Nintendo Direct.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm trying to calm them down. There's a four hour event that finished not long ago with an embargo on it. They're probably planning to announce something big pretty soon, although I doubt its happening this weekend. At best we might get it Monday, but more likely it'll be announced in a Nintendo Direct.
That doesn't mean anything for Ridley at all. Or any character for that matter.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That doesn't mean anything for Ridley at all. Or any character for that matter.
Its a behind closed doors event with a strict embargo. They definitely revealed SOMETHING big. When people thought we might get a trailer, the idea that it was Ridley sprung up because its a western-only thing, and Shulk's reveal was a Japan-only thing. Then we heard it was four hours long. That's kinda what made the hype skyrocket, even though there was no reason for it.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Its a behind closed doors event with a strict embargo. They definitely revealed SOMETHING big. When people thought we might get a trailer, the idea that it was Ridley sprung up because its a western-only thing, and Shulk's reveal was a Japan-only thing. Then we heard it was four hours long. That's kinda what made the hype skyrocket, even though there was no reason for it.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just showing off the leaked characters, as Nintendo is still pretending no one saw them.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
One hour for each of Ridley toes

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't believe that Jungle Japes is the only DK stage we're getting on the 3DS. I think there's one more left that has to be unlocked, and with it the newcomer. Could it be that if K. Rool is indeed an unlockable newcomer, that we'll be getting Gangplank Galleon along with him?

Again, I haven't lost hope in him. Remember what happened with Chrom and Robin.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I don't believe that Jungle Japes is the only DK stage we're getting on the 3DS. I think there's one more left that has to be unlocked, and with it the newcomer. Could it be that if K. Rool is indeed an unlockable newcomer, that we'll be getting Gangplank Galleon along with him?

Again, I haven't lost hope in him. Remember what happened with Chrom and Robin.
As I said before: Never have faith in people. The chances of that are slim to none.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Do we know what version they were showing off? Because if it was the 3DS version, that's not the case since lol no new DK or Metroid stage.
Pffffthahahaha, wow you are right.

DK & Metroid only have 13 year old stages for the 3DS version!

They can't show off Boss Hazards!

I'm not sure if that's uplifting or depressing...

As I said before: Never have faith in people. The chances of that are slim to none.
Aww, c'mon man. No need to be so depressed...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
DK is getting a new stage on the 3DS. Mother and F-Zero BOTH got new stages, there's no way DK isn't getting a new stage. Same with Metroid. I know some of you guys have doubts, I have doubts about K. Rool being playable, but I have no doubt DK is getting a new stage on the 3DS.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Pffffthahahaha, wow you are right.

DK & Metroid only have 13 year old stages for the 3DS version!

They can't show off Boss Hazards!

I'm not sure if that's uplifting or depressing...
I would say the latter.

DK is getting a new stage on the 3DS. Mother and F-Zero BOTH got new stages, there's no way DK isn't getting a new stage. Same with Metroid. I know some of you guys have doubts, I have doubts about K. Rool being playable, but I have no doubt DK is getting a new stage on the 3DS.
Your optimism is admirable. But I still don't think it's getting a new stage.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
I'm very skeptical, myself. We've seen the stage select screen. And they were promoting those older Melee stages instead of any new ones. Unless they're unlockables, I'm very much doubting whether DK & Metroid will get a new 3DS stage.

I guess we'll see. Part me hopes that we don't get a new one since it may spell doom for Ridley and K. Rool...

Last edited:

Balmora

Smash Rookie
Yes.... I know what Sakurai stated. That does not change any of the reasoning that I posted. What it does say is that Sakurai was going to have the same Dr Mario as a costume for Mario. In fact, it stands to reason, that the same Dr Mario was going to have the characteristics he had in Melee (strength of attacks, Pills, etc). Yet, this affected character stats online, in matches, etc, which meant he had to be a separate character in the CSS all together.

Thusly, he is. Either way, he would have functioned the same way, probably.
I agree with you (wasn't trying to argue your points - sorry if it sounded that way), and definitely agree that it appeals to Melee fans. It's definitely possible that Sakurai took that into consideration when deciding to add Dr. Mario to the roster.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Depressed? I just know what I should be expecting. It's unreasonable to expect humans to be reasonable.
...But it's just a video game. Yeah, we may not be getting what we want, but it has nothing to do with expecting "humans" to be reasonable. I may disagree with some of the decisions being made here (K. Rool missing out in the action would be unfortunate), but none of it is "unreasonable" or outside the realm of possibility.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
...But it's just a video game. Yeah, we may not be getting what we want, but it has nothing to do with expecting "humans" to be reasonable. I may disagree with some of the decisions being made here (K. Rool missing out in the action would be unfortunate), but none of it is "unreasonable" or outside the realm of possibility.
Nah, it's unreasonable.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I'm getting a bit tired of all this closed event stuff. Nintendo wants to hype this game. Why all this secrecy?

Epic Neal Time

Smash Cadet
This event seems to be different entirely. At least at E3, journalists were able to live-tweet the closed-door roundtable. The only thing I can think of is that it's just some pre-release stuff, maybe letting the press get some early impressions for their reviews. Maybe?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If Ridley is revealed Monday in a character trailer, that will not only make me have a metroid nerdgasm but also restore my faith in K. Rool being a playable one as well.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well guys I guess I'm left with you all now that Ridley has been locked up, lets not let the same thing happen to this thread and try to avoid talk about the event just to be safe. I don't want to lose this thread too!

I have to say King K. Rool is the one character I just can't call in terms of how confident in his inclusion, one moment I'm completely sure, the next I don't know. I really wanna see his inclusion so badly though. I still can't quite get over the thought of having Gangplank Galleon play in the background as I play as King K. Rool himself beating the hell out of my friends with my new (hopefully) main. It's just a wonderful image for me to picture, so I'm still optimistic about King K. Rool's chances at this point. It just makes so much sense to me at least even with the pessimism tinging the air around us K. Rool fans.

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
Well guys I guess I'm left with you all now that Ridley has been locked up, lets not let the same thing happen to this thread and try to avoid talk about the event just to be safe. I don't want to lose this thread too!

I have to say King K. Rool is the one character I just can't call in terms of how confident in his inclusion, one moment I'm completely sure, the next I don't know. I really wanna see his inclusion so badly though. I still can't quite get over the thought of having Gangplank Galleon play in the background as I play as King K. Rool himself beating the hell out of my friends with my new (hopefully) main. It's just a wonderful image for me to picture, so I'm still optimistic about King K. Rool's chances at this point. It just makes so much sense to me at least even with the pessimism tinging the air around us K. Rool fans.
why did the ridley thread get locked

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think in general it was us going off topic about the event at PAX and speculating about there being a potential character reveal that none of us know about. I don't know for sure, but the last post by the mod you can see and start to understand some of the context behind it. I don't really know just how off topic a thread has to get to be locked like that considering how often the Ridley thread tended to go off topic, but I skipped about 15 pages that had just been posted within the past 4 or so hours, so I don't really know how bad it got. The last couple of pages didn't seem too out of the ordinary to me, but again I don't know about the rest besides it in general being based around Ridley finally being revealed through PAX event. The Ridley thread had already been given a warning about going off topic with talk of leaks once before and a temporary lock, so I guess we finally pushed things too far and finally got locked for real this time.

Which is exactly why I'd rather not lose this thread to similar reasons, but most of the time we keep on track with King K. Rool, so we should be fine as long as we don't repeat the mistakes the Ridley thread made. While our excitement levels are off the chance and major speculation is in every possible direction, we still need to be careful about what we say and how often we get off topic is the lesson to be learned here I suppose.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I honestly have no idea, it actually seemed to be fairly on topic this time around. But let's not get into that discussion right now.

Or maybe they are going to show the dhd trailer
If they showed anything, they probably showed the entire roster. Either way, I doubt all characters are getting a trailer, and I think that the remaining leaked characters are probably secret characters.

Anyone else picking up some "info about the Big 3" vibes from the PAX embargo?
Kinda. Honestly, a Big 3 trailer makes too much sense for a final trailer. Don't tell that to Kremling Klansman, though, he thinks any chance for any additional DK characters and content (including a new 3DS stage) is dead. :p

I still think K. Rool is one of the most likely remaining characters, although I'm dead set certain Ridley is playable in this game.

Top Bottom