• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 7 NM tourny

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
Weekend Vs. Five Extra Hours?

I understand that it's a lot harder to come on a weekday, but that's almost doubling the time we usually have. That's taking a lot of stress off of us hosts, giving you more bang for your freeplay buck, and making doubles that much more likely to occur.

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
I've just been really swamped with school-related stuff. And plus, is sorta seemed like you were pissed at me over that whole Josh situation. But anyway, I still play smash, but I could always get better by practicing with you guys again.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
I will shoot for the friday with all of my ability.....Rasta il mm this time around how much?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Great, Erich. That's five TVs and... what... two cubes? Heh. It'll be fine. El Paso, if you want more bang for your buck, try to bring TVs and GCNs or at LEAST cubes. I'm sure it will be easier to get ahold of TVs than GCNs. Not to mention, cubes are easier to carry around than a TV. Duh.

Umm, weekday for sure. I don't care what day. Just a week day. Honestly. That is SOOO much longer. That would be great if we could get it in June. It wouldn't be a crew battle without Stevie boy! Isn't that right, guys?

Maybe Kendric will come this time *asks him*. Okay, he said he will. If he backs out, I'll break his ****ing knee caps.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
I've just been really swamped with school-related stuff. And plus, is sorta seemed like you were pissed at me over that whole Josh situation. But anyway, I still play smash, but I could always get better by practicing with you guys again.
nah mang im not pissed lol i came to a conclusion that you will pay him when the time comes lol. I STILL LOVE U MANG!. dont go all /emo /wrists

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
When the time comes....lol I'll try to hang out with you guys this weekend.

Now back to the subject of smash, like I said I'd be willing to bring my GCN. I'm sure some of you NM guys wouldn't mind bringing them either, especially since I'm willing to bring one and I live hundreds of miles away.

Tetsuya kekeke

Smash Cadet
Ep Represent Yo

Of all the places i would fine this post, it would be at school, bored.
We will probably be able to come to this one. This time we could actually stay for more than a day at least I hope so.

Time to actually start playing competetive matches :D

You can expect us to be at our full force this time around!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey, EP since you don't have a thread and will read this anyways, if me and Erich decided to go down to EP during the summer or on a weeken what dates would be best and where at in EP?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
If I'm over there, any body wanna MM? Im up for whatever. For real, where are all the MMs?

Pice

Smash Apprentice
I all ready said id mm u rasta .....as for goin to ep id be down just give me a date

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
Hey, EP since you don't have a thread and will read this anyways, if me and Erich decided to go down to EP during the summer or on a weeken what dates would be best and where at in EP?
I think pretty much anytime in the summer would be good, but then again, I'm not sure if the other guys have plans. But if you guys do decide to come down, you guys should head over to the Eastside of EP, cause that's where we are, lol. You guys are more than welcome to come, and I could guarantee you that there would be many intense matches in SSBM.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Mmm. Sounds like a plan to me. Don't expect New Mexico to be easy, though, El Paso.

ABS, no one told me about a Gears of War tournament, but I probably wouldn't have gone anyways. I haven't played in forever and I STILL don't own a 360 *sob sob*

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Mmm. Sounds like a plan to me. Don't expect New Mexico to be easy, though, El Paso.

ABS, no one told me about a Gears of War tournament, but I probably wouldn't have gone anyways. I haven't played in forever and I STILL don't own a 360 *sob sob*
We all know Tetsuya is going to win again !! ^_________________________^, and im willing to bet some one some $$$$$$$$$$$$$ that hes going to take 1st again! any takers?! heheheh

NicholaiGinovaef

Smash Journeyman
That's cool. If you guys come, stay on the Eastside. There is no competition anywhere else.

P.S.: Don't come in July. I have too much stuff happening! I have 2 out of town paintball tournaments! And other things too.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
We all know Tetsuya is going to win again !! ^_________________________^, and im willing to bet some one some $$$$$$$$$$$$$ that hes going to take 1st again! any takers?! heheheh
Not if OK is gonna be there. From what I hear, Tetsuya plays like a smasher in OK called Shade. And if thats the case, then it shouldnt be a problem at all, its just an annoying style to get around.

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
lol, how can you say stuff like that if you've never seen Tetsuya play. And just cause you've played a person with a similar style to Tetsuya, that doesn't mean that you'll beat him. But yeah, there's only one way to find out. Still though, I say that Josh is defininitely favored to win this tourney.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Not if OK is gonna be there. From what I hear, Tetsuya plays like a smasher in OK called Shade. And if thats the case, then it shouldnt be a problem at all, its just an annoying style to get around.
Nope tetsuya will beat you and im assure of that. Think what you want but just wait till he owns you =/. NUFF SAID! :O

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
He plays marth right? Shouldnt be a problem. I mean if Vegafuse can beat NM's best with zelda, I think Ill do fine.

EDIT: After thinking about, does Tetsuya come the boards? Anyway if he does, I offer a $20 MM best of 3. I know Im ranked 11th in the state and Vegafuse is ranked like...3rd or 4th I think, but Im willing to give it a try.

Troll, I offer you a $10 mm if you want to accept. Same conditions above.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I didn't play vegafuse =(.

Who did he take out? Erich, Chris?

Because he didn't take me out.

Plus don't just say he was sandbagging. Alphabravo sandbags so he isn't rated very high.

Oh yeah, I accept a 10$ mm.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ill see if I can get Vegafuse here with OUT him sandbagging, hopefully he'll bring out his Falcon.

He beat AllAboutPeach in a $10 mm.

Wanna $10 mm Sinz?

One more thing about Tetsuya, from what I heard from SouthPaw, Vegafuse, and Pay$, Kosmos (OK's #1 player) could have beaten him. Actually, he'll be out of school by the time the tourny starts, Ill bring him.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Cool. I am up for it. You don't know until it happens though!

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
You fail to bring into consideration that Tetsuya has improved. And did Vegafuse ever play Josh? Cause If he did, I'm sure he lost.

Oh and by the way, never compare Texas smash with NM smash (no offense to NM). Just cause your friend was able to beat the people from NM, that in no way means that you will beat us too.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I know that, Josh is like > me x2
Plus, I beat ABP as well, I should have rigged the tourney so I would face him in there. I was more than willing to do any money matches but people backed down alot.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
well bad news guys......the date is not going to change :( (no extra hours) but we better make this one as good as possible...pm me if u can bring anything as i will begin taking tally

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Ill see if I can get Vegafuse here with OUT him sandbagging, hopefully he'll bring out his Falcon.

He beat AllAboutPeach in a $10 mm.

Wanna $10 mm Sinz?

One more thing about Tetsuya, from what I heard from SouthPaw, Vegafuse, and Pay$, Kosmos (OK's #1 player) could have beaten him. Actually, he'll be out of school by the time the tourny starts, Ill bring him.
I doubt that. Tetsuya will dominate all your OK players one by one. I think he beat two of them last tourney? I kknow i beat vega and pay$ (twice actually) and southpaw kicked my ***.

pay$$$

Smash Rookie
Hahahaha, my lil bro ****ed up and dashed off the edge, trust me, he would have beat you. Vegafuse *sigh* he sandbags all the time, he is basically the Isai of OK, he purposely lost a set at OHSNAP2 because he didnt want to face Smiles. Ill try and get his *** over to this tourny to redeem himself.
Yah Troll, there really was no way you were going to be able to beat South Paw, seriously, no way at all. He took on a Peach (2 lives) and a Sheik (1 life) by himself with 1 stock and won. Things would have been different if Enix wasnt there, they go waaaay back and SP cant seem to beat him.
Tetsuya really doesnt seem all that great, really, Im pretty sure I can beat him. If by some fluke that he wins, then KOSMOS will beat him, I just really cant see OK losing at that NM tourny.
Sinz, you say your better than ABP? Well Ill MM you first, Id like to see what NM's best has to offer. Trust me my friends, it will be a big surprise if NM beats OK.
Oh also Troll, didnt you back out of a MM after you saw Vegafuse beat ABP? You better not back out of our MM man, Ill be pissed.

Oh wow, Tetsuya has gotten better, dont forget nobody that was at your last tourny was playing at their best (Vegafuse is a great example). Everybody in OK has gotten a lot better, to be honest, we could probably not get any better from now till the tourny and still beat you guys.

Oh yah, Pice, Ill try and bring a TV and a cube.

EDIT: Son of a *****, this is Rasta.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Hahahaha, my lil bro ****ed up and dashed off the edge, trust me, he would have beat you. Vegafuse *sigh* he sandbags all the time, he is basically the Isai of OK, he purposely lost a set at OHSNAP2 because he didnt want to face Smiles. Ill try and get his *** over to this tourny to redeem himself.
Yah Troll, there really was no way you were going to be able to beat South Paw, seriously, no way at all. He took on a Peach (2 lives) and a Sheik (1 life) by himself with 1 stock and won. Things would have been different if Enix wasnt there, they go waaaay back and SP cant seem to beat him.
Tetsuya really doesnt seem all that great, really, Im pretty sure I can beat him. If by some fluke that he wins, then KOSMOS will beat him, I just really cant see OK losing at that NM tourny.
Sinz, you say your better than ABP? Well Ill MM you first, Id like to see what NM's best has to offer. Trust me my friends, it will be a big surprise if NM beats OK.
Oh also Troll, didnt you back out of a MM after you saw Vegafuse beat ABP? You better not back out of our MM man, Ill be pissed.

Oh wow, Tetsuya has gotten better, dont forget nobody that was at your last tourny was playing at their best (Vegafuse is a great example). Everybody in OK has gotten a lot better, to be honest, we could probably not get any better from now till the tourny and still beat you guys.

Oh yah, Pice, Ill try and bring a TV and a cube.

EDIT: Son of a *****, this is Rasta.
*Yawn* I beat Pay$$ easily the first round then the second round i won even tho he killed himself i had 2 stocks left compared to his one. I had no moneyz to beat vegafuse, i will gladly own him again this tourney for some moneyz. Southpaw was the only hard, he dominated me )=. Tetsuya dominated southpaw pretty easy lawl? Pretty sure would of destroyed Vegafuse. And lastly he would PWN pay$$. Pretty much he would own all OK, even your scrub *** and KOSMOS. NUFF SAID.

Edit: Whose better Rasta or vega?

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
Wow, the tourney is so far away and the trash-talking has already commenced. Can't wait for this.

Like Tetsuya posted before, El Paso will definitely be there at full force, especially now that OK has stated that they are superior. T-Minus 85 days, guys, then we'll see.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hahahaha, wow, shows how much troll knows. South Paw and Vegafuse are actually almost equal, trust me, there is now way you could beat Vegafuse, he threw the set.
Vegafuse is better than me, no lie, he changes his characters all the time aswell, it will be interesting seeing which characters he beats you with.
Pwn Pay$? From what I heard, he easily beat your ICs, which I fully expected from him, he never plays against a sheik, he should have chose Doc against your sheik actually, but thats neither here nor there.
Trust me, if KOSMOS actually comes, he will definitely be getting 1st if some OOSers dont come.

This should be fun.

I OFFER ALL NM'ERS A $10MM. Thats how confident I am, you guys might be thinking "Oh, hes just another TGM" but no, OK has actual skill.

Jeez I wish I could have gone to that tourny, troll might have learned where he stands.

One more thing, if you think South Paw was hard, KOSMOS is about twice as good as he his, probably more.

Dont worry guys, Im only 11th in the state, for real, you shouldnt be getting upset. You should be happy that a person that is worse than the people you claim to be "scrubs" if offering all these MMs.

*Sigh* Texas didnt turn down any of the MM we threw at them.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Hahahaha, wow, shows how much troll knows. South Paw and Vegafuse are actually almost equal, trust me, there is now way you could beat Vegafuse, he threw the set.
Vegafuse is better than me, no lie, he changes his characters all the time aswell, it will be interesting seeing which characters he beats you with.
Pwn Pay$? From what I heard, he easily beat your ICs, which I fully expected from him, he never plays against a sheik, he should have chose Doc against your sheik actually, but thats neither here nor there.
Trust me, if KOSMOS actually comes, he will definitely be getting 1st if some OOSers dont come.

This should be fun.

I OFFER ALL NM'ERS A $10MM. Thats how confident I am, you guys might be thinking "Oh, hes just another TGM" but no, OK has actual skill.

Jeez I wish I could have gone to that tourny, troll might have learned where he stands.

One more thing, if you think South Paw was hard, KOSMOS is about twice as good as he his, probably more.

Dont worry guys, Im only 11th in the state, for real, you shouldnt be getting upset. You should be happy that a person that is worse than the people you claim to be "scrubs" if offering all these MMs.

*Sigh* Texas didnt turn down any of the MM we threw at them.
You can say whatever u say about vegafuse thrwoing the match away he didnt really impress me heh southpaw on the other hand, i saw his skillz mang he like wtfpwned me lol but thats me tho. Im pretty sure you guys are good and blah blah but i just like talking **** cause it makes more fun to go! I love every one mang! I GOT LOVE FOR EVERY ONE ^__________________^.

Edit: I never said u guys dont have skillz lol you guys are prob better than NM ( no offense, i love my new mexicans: sinz, erich., ABS, ABP <3 ^__________________^ much love to u all!) but yea :p

I agree: Bring it OK!! It's cool Trollthug, don't worry about it. Truth is truth. And yet we'll never know until the tournament, so you put probably down.

Enough of everybody saying that they're sandbagging. Just come and play, and don't sandbag. I could say that me and Alpha have been sandbagging to, now couldn't I? I'd just get trash-talked about it though, so why bother??

BTW, Sinz is NOT the best in the state. You never played the best in NM, you played one of the best. Bring it on. I'm looking forward to playing all of you, especially now that you're bringing in the big guns, OK's best. Sweet!!! See all of OK there, should be some intense matches!!

I love this time, right before or months before a tournament starts!! Good times, good times. I'm hoping to actually play you this time Tetsuya. We warmed up together, but that's just warm-up, it's gotta be in-tourney next time!!

I don't do MM's with anybody, so don't ask me. Just warning everyone beforehand.

Hey Nicholai, are you going to come to this one?? If not, then we'll see you over the summer anyways, ja?

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
*sits in a corner quietly* We'll see if people pack the heat they say they will when tournament time comes...
HELL YEA!! I prob wont win but who cares! I just like talking trash makes it more fun! ^________________________________^

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Wanna MM Erich?

You guys's powerranks are all messed, who is the best in the state? Id like to play him, I can get the best in the state here down to one stock almost every match, I wanna see how I do against NM's best.

Also, in a few weeks Im going to KS for a tourny there, they should be recording the matches, so if you wanna see how we play, look for those videos in a few weeks.

Erich, I like you, you didnt get all upset like these other guys, Im just trash talking to pump everybody up, and occasionally people get mad, but thats just how it happens. We always have a good time though, no hard feelings NM.

Seriously, who is the best in the state? Tetsuya?

One more thing just to give you guys the general skill of OK. Shade and Kosmos almost beat HugS and Omar last year at MLG Dallas, we were all disappointed in HugS and amazed at Omar. If Omar wasnt his partner they would have lost, I mean his sheik just came and saved HugS every single time! It was an awesome set.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Tetsuya's from El Paso, not NM. The best in NM is probly a toss-up between ABP and Erich.

(Not going to the tourney, so I can say whatever I want without having to prove myself come July)

I'm the best in NM! No, I'm easily the best in the UNIVERSE! $1Million MM!

jk, jk ^_^

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ah, Ok, that explains some things. It will be even more fun playing Tetsuya now knowing hes not NM. I still think KOSMOS would beat you, if you arent better than Xelic, DoH, or Smiles, then I really dont think youll be able to beat him.

Top Bottom