• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 7 NM tourny

Pice

Smash Apprentice
There will be another tourny on july 7 and yes i have to book the rooms this far in advance so its a little early notice but this way everyone will be able to mark it on their calenders... this tournament better have at LEAST three times the amount of people that came to the other one.. so post away my fellow smahoids

WHERE: Taylor Ranch Community Center 4900 kachina st NW 87120

WHEN: July 7

PRICE: $10 for registration and $5 for free play

TIME: 9-3 (trying to get more time) registartion would end at 10 if we cant get time

RULES: http://www.sjcpl.org/gameboard/viewtopic.php?t=236

FOOD WILL BE SOLD - hot dogs chips and sodas mb pizza depending on the feeback

WINNINGS:First place 50% of tourny pot
Second 25% of tourny pot
Third 10% of tourny pot
The remaining 15% of the money will go toward rental of the room and hosting fees.

The rules are the MLG ones so ya (didnt want to make this post too big)

for additional information u can conatct me by pming me or posting u can also visit the sit myspace.com/albtournaments and get further directions q & A ect.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Since everyone will know this one in advance, I may try to hook you up with X-topia, so that we could get a bigger revenue with a longer time period.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Screw Xtopia, from what I heard, it sucked a lot.

You guys can gaurentee OK to be there, no more sandbagging from us either.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Well, there's about a 90% chance I won't be able to go to this.
y u got plans>

and extopia is pretty much a rip off- they dont no whats up im thinking like trcc 30 tvs all dedicated to smash...thats what i am talking about

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
It wasn't x-topia's fault we didn't have tvs. We had 13 tvs and 14 gcns signed up by players and most of them sandbagged on me, so I had to try to make due with 58 people with 5 tvs.

Rasta, I hosted x-topia. We had 58 people and 5 tvs because people forgot to bring tvs. I will be sending a request to jason(x-topia head) to reserve tvs for us, because the average tourney was 30 people. While that one was double.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Pice...Man your spelling is really buggin me, almost as bad as Shade's (an OK smasher).

Sinz, I know you hosted X-topia, and from what I heard, it did indeed suck. There wasnt even a doubles tournament, I was VERY disappointed in NM becuase of that.

Hopefully future NM Smash Tournaments are better.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey, I am sorry that I had to do 9 hour tournament for singles with five tvs. We depend on people to bring tvs. We had 5. Me Erich, one of Jason's, and two of Articdracs, while many other people said they could and they didn't. Not my fault, I had to try to manage it the fastest and most efficient way possible. We had the revenue til midnight and by the end of the tourney we had about 20 people left, and Jason(x-topia head) asked me personally to have everyone to take a half hour break to get food and that stuff. But most just left. If I were to have done doubles there would have been 3 teams basically. EP had to leave, CO left, NM left mostly, we had 8 players left after the required break by my boss.

Whatever, guys, whatever. X-Topia's in the past now, alright? You learn from mistakes.

Anyways, I think it's freakin' awesome that we get to see OK again. Can't wait to play you guys, even though I'm gonna be waitin' a LOOONNNG time...oh well. See you guys when I see you, ja? And future NM tourneys will be better. At this tournament, you can expect about 40 or probably more people, plus about 30 T.V's and GCN's, all for smash, just like Joe said. Nice, hopefully? I won't be sandbagging either, so watch out man!!

Oh yea, don't expect a doubles tourney from this one either, because the place we are at probably will be stupid and not give us extra time again, so yea. The next one we hold, however, will be somewhere else that gives us all day, and then we'll be able to host a 2v2 tourney. In fact, now that I think about it, NM has NEVER held a 2v2 tourney. We might be able to host it at this one, however, if we get enough supplies. Help us out if you could, please?? If you know of any OK smashers that can bring stuff, talk to Pice about it and he'll tell you if he wants you to bring it or not. Thanks in advance.

Golden Glove that sucks. Why not? Gonna be out of...uhh, well, out of the place you usually live?

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Pice...Man your spelling is really buggin me, almost as bad as Shade's (an OK smasher).

Sinz, I know you hosted X-topia, and from what I heard, it did indeed suck. There wasnt even a doubles tournament, I was VERY disappointed in NM becuase of that.

Hopefully future NM Smash Tournaments are better.
does my spelling really bother you that much? if so then i guess i can go back and edit but... i dont really see a point, sorry for the trouble. ( by the way if you want to get technical it is bugging not buggin lol)

I am trying to get w weekday as we speak but i am not sure , if we could get a weekday we would most likely have to pay a revenue fee and prices may have to go up a bit, but maybe we could weasle out of it, i will keep you guys posted if i get any further information

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
Oh yea, don't expect a doubles tourney from this one either, because the place we are at probably will be stupid and not give us extra time again, so yea. The next one we hold, however, will be somewhere else that gives us all day, and then we'll be able to host a 2v2 tourney. In fact, now that I think about it, NM has NEVER held a 2v2 tourney. We might be able to host it at this one, however, if we get enough supplies. Help us out if you could, please?? If you know of any OK smashers that can bring stuff, talk to Pice about it and he'll tell you if he wants you to bring it or not. Thanks in advance.

Golden Glove that sucks. Why not? Gonna be out of...uhh, well, out of the place you usually live?
Well... technically... we did have a very quick, 5-team 2v2 tournament at TRCC ater the main tournament. But I suppose that's too small to count.

I plan on placing higher in this next tournament. First and foremost: I learn how to get out of chaingrabs.

-Lrin

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Everyone who wasnt at the last tounament missed the best tournament NM has hosted in a long long time, so the next one could only be better and i belive we can do it.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
thank you paul thats three for sure, lol, we better get a better tournout this time around

Yea we better. OK and Durango are coming, or at least some of CO. I don't know how many total, but right there should be at least 10 or so. AZ and everywhere else seem pretty unresponsive. We'll just have to wait for EP to get on, so that they can check it out, as their is no open Texas thread anymore. They usually get on every once in a while.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Lol at this thread being so much in advance. I'll be at this tournament for sure. I don't see why I wouldn't be. I'll also be able to drive by then! WOO ^_^!!!

I am really getting tired of this term "sand bagging." Sandbagging this and sandbagging that. Blah blah. How about we play, ja?

Oh, and I am sorry to tell you this, Paul. You aren't a real Spartan. You're more along the lines of that deformed terd for the shield that thinks it is a Spartan. I say Paul and Deformed Spartan Terd are pretty synonymous, ja?

Haha. I will at the VERY LEAST take 3rd, so help me God.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Haha. I hope not because once I get past 1st... well, I'll be ranked far too low to be bothered with.

Joe, what bracket maker or tournament organizer did you use for the TRCC tournament? Well, it doesn't matter. You should use tio for this upcoming one. I've been tinkering with it and it is super simple and simple awesome. Here is a link to the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90655

Really, check it out. I made a fake tournament to test all the features. I'll put it up here for the hell of it later.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm too noob to know how to put it up here. I don't think I can. It is pretty funny, though.

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, interesting. There's a high possibility that El Paso will attend this. I'll tell the other EP smashers about this tourney. Usually I can't go to these OoS tournies, but since school will be out of the way come July, there shouldn't be any problems.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Yes this is what should be happening...people actually wanting to go to NM for a tourny. this should be the best one yet

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Yes this is what should be happening...people actually wanting to go to NM for a tourny. this should be the best one yet
idk bout that 9-3 seems so LIITLE time to play lol. I know we want to have some crew matches and what not and i dont think that time will give us enough to play extra matches after the tourney. Anywyas im pretty sure we will go and win it again ^___________________^.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
idk bout that 9-3 seems so LIITLE time to play lol. I know we want to have some crew matches and what not and i dont think that time will give us enough to play extra matches after the tourney. Anywyas im pretty sure we will go and win it again ^___________________^.
as long as we are able to get evry tv we hope to (like 20-25) then that should be no problem to do some crew matches.... u guys wont win if im around u didnt have to face me last time...lol....on second thought nvm u will win

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Crew *****es Need to Die will take El Paso out any day. Yeah, if we have that many TVs, we should be fine. I can bring three. That doesn't mean I can bring three GCNs and stuff, too, though.

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
Eh, no offense to NM or anything, but I don't think that you guys would beat us in a crew match. However, this could be settled at this upcoming tournament if you guys want.

Ahh, here we go again. Music, sweet music.

It'd be cool to meet the mysterious Phantom Fox at last, wouldn't it guys?

EP as a whole, if it is possible, could you guys bring some T.V's and GCN's? Let us know.

I have to agree that EP could probably beat us in a crew match, but only one way to find out, right?;) We'll see how well we compete with you guys in the tourney too.

Three T.V's Davis?!? Oh my gosh, dude!! That's a lot. I'll bring two. That's already 5, yea. We're already at X-Topia guys!

See everybody here in...uhh...hmm, a long time! 3 months!!!

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
I'd be willing to bring a GCN, but not a TV though. And yeah, you guys will finally get to meet me cause graduation = freedom.

AllBoutSheik

Smash Apprentice
ill be there to win doubles.
oh and p.s. davis why werent you at the gears tourny yesterday

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Cant wait for this tourney! Long time that i havent played smash lol but yea ill start to practice more with my IC ^______________________^ See ya guys in like 3 months. oh yea. WERE GOING TO WIN THE CREW MATCH RAWR heheh :O

Pice

Smash Apprentice
There may be good news for all......We may be able to get a earlier date with ALOT more hours in the summer...it would be on a wekkday... i have already asked manegment they are just decideing on the date ( this date would be before july, prolly mid june, so good news for you golden glove)

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Eh, on a weekday? I'd prefer a weekend but whatever, so long as their is a tourney.
i do belive that we would all prefer a weekend...but the problem is that on a weekend we can have the space from 9-3 and on a weekday if we can get one we could have the space from 10-9 thats the diffrence of five hours and in my oppinion definatley worth the weekday, now lets hope we can get it..im going to speak to manegment tommorow

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
If you do get it on a weekday, shoot for a Friday. IMO, that would be the best day, other than a weekend, I mean.

Top Bottom