• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I have a ton of replays of me doing wall of pains and rest setups, and I've done a couple of off-stage rests as well lol. I usually only do them to finish matches on for glory mode when I haven't lost a stock.

It's the best to jump off stage and watch them go for a counter, and then just waiting and resting them afterwards. It's funny to me how many people go for counters online

Last edited:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Works one direction? How does that even happen from a programming perspective lmao

Despite being practically useless, it's pretty interesting.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
seriouslies only
no items, final destination? :p

Speaking of which, I wish more of my friends were available so I wouldn't have to exclusively do for glory mode. Really need more practice on other types of stages.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
My experience with for glory is 40% scrubs, 30% decent, 10% good, 10% legally braindead. 5% trolol, 5% great

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I prepared for For Glory like I do on any new fighting game I play: expecting to get destroyed. But this isn't a hardcore fighter, so that was pretty silly of me.

So far there's only been two people I've played in For Glory who could take games off my Jiggs. One was pretty even, we constantly went back and forth. And another I couldn't get a single stock off him. We played like 4 games and he picked a different character each time yet I still couldn't touch him. Still pretty salty about it. :glare:

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
I've been wondering(this may have been asked already but I can't check 37 pages), when was the first time you saw/had happen jiggs shield break?
of course i'm guessing most of us from back in smash64 but i'm interested in what happened the first time. Mine was simple I was playing 'round with jiggs in 64 breaking shields for fun.
anyone got one more exciting?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Honestly didn't figure it out until a few months ago on the wiki

I dunno how I went this long without knowing

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
So a while ago, I got an offense warning because im not cool enough.

Seems like I should go to EVO to prove my worth.

Spirst

Just lost a Match vs D3 on FG because I let the shield break on accident.
FML
I don't think I've had that happen in many years. I sometimes forget it's even a thing until I see my shield depleting and I'm thinking, "Oh ****."

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
I find shield breaks/management interesting. Oddly despite having an actual shield breaker marth/lucina rarely break my shield. (though i'm left with a dot for a shield)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've been killed by my shield breaking a few time myself. :p

Mostly to Marth though.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I lost in 30 seconds to a friend who timed shield breaker perfectly twice lmao

alternatively, why my spacing is bad

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
For glory mode is boring.

Because practically everyone on it is bad.
I heard rumors that there is a hidden match making system that matches players similar to your win %. I played many matches and won nearly all when I used my mains (I screwed around a few times with a few characters) and I am now fighting people who know what they are doing... I think... sorta >_>

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I heard rumors that there is a hidden match making system that matches players similar to your win %. I played many matches and won nearly all when I used my mains (I screwed around a few times with a few characters) and I am now fighting people who know what they are doing... I think... sorta >_>
I hope that's true. But even if, I find it a lot more fun to find players online and trade friend codes

zferolie

Smash Hero
Huge fan of princess jiggles (I have called her that since the crown in melee) so trying to see how other people are playing her, and noticing some changes

It sucks you can't use Pound anymore to gain height, unless I misses something. this seems to hurt her recovery abit. However it seems they improved her normal jumps a lot.

Her sing seems to be buffed a lot. I can since a low damage foe and still get a smash off before they wake up.

Still can't hit rest well this game. maybe I'm not used to the stick movement.

Rollout seems more powerful, and luckily she will stop rolling in the air in case you miss. However you are still screwed if you hit someone and then the slight knock back leaves you hanging till you die.

Down smash seems to have even greater downwards smashing.

She is so much more expressive it's adorable.

Have any tips for a Jiggly mainer since n64?

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Resting is easier than ever, just roll into people and hit rest.

Rollout is a good recovery mixup against projectile edgeguarding. Plus it kills around 150%!

Pound eats shields, EATS.

Honestly, Fair is your best friend. Short hop fair-ftilt will get you lots of approaches and openings, fast falling nairs and reading rolls with pound will give you an edge too. Nair is super good.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Thanks for the tips. I do like using rollout it i feel i can get on the stage. it has screwed me a few times as some people jumped into it, resulting in my just spinning to my death.

So dodge roll then rest huh? haven't tried that yet.

Yeah I noticed pounds sheild damage is VERY high now. Higher then before. if goes from full to near breaking.

I'll make a note of that. By reading rolls with pound, you mean expect/predict a roll and pound in that direction?

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
yes, if opponent keeps rolling behind your dash attacks, run up, stop, pound backwards and either hit them up (start the fairs) or break dat shield

yes, rolling into rest is SO strong especially against smashes

if you see someone charge a smash run for them stop just short, roll, rest!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Thanks for the tips. I guess I need to stop playing her like I did in brawl and melee, since with the new rest and pound mechanics, she's a bit different.

Is it me or does she seem a little faster now? Run wise on the ground i mean.

Also, without a C stick, I find that her smashes don't come out as fast as they did before. She still has very fast smashes but the lack of a stick hurts a bit.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Guys, I'm super confused. I just rested a lucario over 100% and it didn't kill him :/

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Rest is weird. Sometimes it doesn't kill even over 100%, and sometimes it kills at like 20%

iFezZz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3936-7335
I am having a really hard time fight against Jigglypuff and I was wondering if one of you(or more) would like to play some with me? I played this Puff earlier and he destroyed me.... I just don't understand the matchup or something. I play Kirby, Sheik, Robin and a few other.(I don't have a main, but I am thinking Kirby)

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I don't mind playing anyone who wants to practice against puff. but I'll be busy this weekend, so sorry about that

Let me know your fc and we can play some time in the near future

Top Bottom