• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jibanyan the Charm Yo-Kai for DLC! (Move to the new discussion thread in NintenZone subforum!)

Are you going to buy Yo-kai Watch!

• Total voters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone has a favorite Yo-Kai or two other than the obvious Jibanyan? This is a question that can also apply to those who don't know that much about the games.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Komasan will be the top favorite for me. Managing a giant toy company, actually finding evidence of supernatural beings, not to mention a cute design, what's not to like!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Anyone has a favorite Yo-Kai or two other than the obvious Jibanyan? This is a question that can also apply to those who don't know that much about the games.
Motherfricken Orochi is the best

I also like Meramelion

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If I were to pick a few favorite Yokai out of the bunch it would have to be Kyubi, because kitsune (or foxes for that matter) are always awesome.

And just when I thought most Yo-Kai wouldn't look badass, I instantly fell for this guy when I've seen him online. He might as well be considered the Freiza of the Yo-Kai Watch universe.

And then I've found Quilin. This is mostly due to bias since I loved the concept of this legendary being thanks to Monster Hunter. He looks less majestic than the MH ones and more like a force to be reckoned with just from his draconic appearance. They need to have a future episode that features him in some way.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Komasan will be the top favorite for me. Managing a giant toy company, actually finding evidence of supernatural beings, not to mention a cute design, what's not to like!
I must be the only Yo-Kai Watch fan who doesn't like Komasan. Komajirou is fine. I just don't like Komasan.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I guess you're more of the fan who likes the badass designs, which I don't mind. I guess you find him too cute to like.
I think it's more like I have a strange sense of cute. For example, I think Swalot is the cutest Pokémon. As for Komasan, I just find him impossibly dumb at times. Anyway, this thread is for Jibanyan, not Komasan.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Shovel Knight. If you were curious.
Ah Shovel Knight. That stupid character who smart people know will never be in Smash, and that fanboys ride his shovel like a rock hard Onix with two Roggenrolas. Dems nice argument material

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That double post though. :laugh:

But on a serious note, does anyone expect Jibanyan to become quickly popular with Western children like Pikachu in the 90's?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

But on a serious note, does anyone expect Jibanyan to become quickly popular with Western children like Pikachu in the 90's?
With a portion of Yokai Watch's catchy songs turned to English, I have no doubts at all. With the references to American culture in the anime, it's clear they are trying to cater the American audience too.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

At this point in time, I doubt it. I feel he'll become popular enough, but not as much as Pikachu.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I...don't really know. I mean, the series is just starting to boom over here in the U.S., so I'm not one to say anything. Who knows? Maybe it will, or maybe it won't. Who can say? If it does skyrocket in popularity here in the U.S., then a BIG congrats from me to Youkai Watch! Of course, in Pikachu's case, well...I'm a 90s kid. Pokemon was pretty darn hype for me back then, with 151 PKMN (and I was only 2-3 years old, mind you!) and that theme song
and the PokeRap..
.OMG. Now combine all of that with the show debuting my absolute FAVORITE children's Saturday morning block, Kids WB, and at the very least, in MY case...Nintendo, you got yourself a fan. Seriously, with a series as creative as PKMN, I can assure you all, if weren't for ONE other anime showing up on Cartoon Network around a year earlier, (which would instantly become my FAVORITE of all time, BTW) getting me hooked, I would devoted a LOT more to PKMN. BTW, the anime in question...

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
It was better than i thought!

And they even used Professor Lenkon's theme. I have to search it on the internet.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Wow, thank you! Can't wait to play the game but, as an European, I have to wait to 2016 T_T

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
I'm from Spain, I read the game isn't released until next year,don't know exactly when, and no idea about the anime, but I'm watching it subtitled, at least.

I hope they keep the same names than the English translation, like Pokemon.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Yep, I just watched ep 73 while having dinner.

Concerning Jibanyan on smash, or any representation of the games. I'd love to, but I only can see it if Nintendo pulls a "melee Roy" now that the games are close to international release.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Merameraion (Blazion now?) brawler would look pretty cool too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The localization of Geragerapo is too gold. It's got that perfect rhythm of flow when in English, which is how you should always do an anime opening. :cool:

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Yep, the music is too catchy, I think this is the only anime anime I've never skipped an opening or ending.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am more of a Layton supporter, but I wouldn't mind Jibanyan instead. I have a soft spot for cute characters as well as ghosts ^_^

Top Bottom