• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Isaac will be playable in SSF2 at APEX 2015. He's still MIA in SSB4 and nothing new in PM.
Thank you.

Not really. The only thing of note is a confirmation that there were in fact other cut characters, but Sakurai wouldn't talk about them. Its very possible (and likely IMO) that Isaac was at one point planned, but was put on low priority due to no GS4 news by 2013. Still, there's no confirmation on that at all.
Can you relate any sources, this sounds very intriguing.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I think it is at 14:00/2pm where I live, so since tomorrow I've got my free day from school, I'm going to watch it, waiting for news such as Smash DLC, GS4 teaser and Pokémon Z/X2/Y2, as well as more megas if they announce that, but this isn't the topic for that.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think it is at 14:00/2pm where I live, so since tomorrow I've got my free day from school, I'm going to watch it, waiting for news such as Smash DLC, GS4 teaser and Pokémon Z/X2/Y2, as well as more megas if they announce that, but this isn't the topic for that.
Cool. I am done with College and just need to finish preparing for my Certification Exams so I can get a career.

True. I have seen some speculation that something might be in the works for F-Zero since NintendofEurope had to say this:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/554306801005756416

I am wishing for Golden Sun 4 myself and Smash DLC, really just anything that Nintendo is willing to dish out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cool. I am done with College and just need to finish preparing for my Certification Exams so I can get a career.

True. I have seen some speculation that something might be in the works for F-Zero since NintendofEurope had to say this:

I am wishing for Golden Sun 4 myself and Smash DLC, really just anything that Nintendo is willing to dish out.
Miyamoto said something about F-Zero needing a new control scheme. Also, the direct is for Spring releases

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
England? Then the time is right
Actually, I've got my country on my location :p.

That's from Mario Kart 8 with a Captain Falcon amiibo, but it sure seems teasing.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Miyamoto said something about F-Zero needing a new control scheme. Also, the direct is for Spring releases
Thanks for the news about F-Zero and the Spring releases.

Btw, you are aware there's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning, right? Well, its tomorrow morning for me. 6 AM Pacific Standard Time, so that's 8 AM CST.

http://smashboards.com/threads/saku...-the-order-of-character-announcements.385246/
I am aware about the Nintendo Direct tomorrow, just found out about it after spending 4+ hours studying for my Certification Exam.

Edit:

That's from Mario Kart 8 with a Captain Falcon amiibo, but it sure seems teasing.
Seems to be the case. It is very frustrating to know that Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe are likely to get our hopes up with extremely vague phrases.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sorry but I don't think we're getting F-Zero anytime soon. I think we'll get Diddy Kong Racing 2 this year, then F-Zero MAYBE within the next couple of years. But I do not expect to see anything F-Zero related at all for at least a year, but more likely two at the earliest.

GS4 I think will likely be announced at E3. The main reason I can see it announced sooner is so it can be announced in a Direct before Camelot's 20th anniversary. Then again, they might just announce GS4 on Camelot's anniversary instead. Who knows, really?

Holy crap I just realized, if GS4 comes out next year, its the 15th anniversary of the franchise. How did I not catch that? :p Fitting, it could get announced the year of Camelot's 20th, the released on the franchise's 15th.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Can't wait to see what the upcoming Nintendo Direct will feature. I must say, I am surprised; I was not expecting another Nintendo Direct until February.

Here's hoping we'll see something Isaac or Golden Sun-related, as unlikely as that may be.

"Isaac shakes it up!"
"Isaac crumbles the competition!"
"Isaac quakes into battle!"
"Isaac stands his ground!"
Just thought I'd throw in this edit:

"Isaac quakes the battlefield!"

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm sorry but I don't think we're getting F-Zero anytime soon. I think we'll get Diddy Kong Racing 2 this year, then F-Zero MAYBE within the next couple of years. But I do not expect to see anything F-Zero related at all for at least a year, but more likely two at the earliest.
Sounds more likely as to what would happen.

Holy crap I just realized, if GS4 comes out next year, its the 15th anniversary of the franchise. How did I not catch that? :p Fitting, it could get announced the year of Camelot's 20th, the released on the franchise's 15th.
That would be very fitting and awesome if Nintendo did that, hopefully they do.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Nintendo of Australia made the same tweet. It might be teasing or might not. Although Miyamoto did say that they need a different control scheme for a new F-Zero.

@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman

Well now it makes all the more sense to announce GS4 this year and launch it next year. The 20th anniversary of Camelot and 15th anniversary of Golden Sun are milestones!

I also think that GS is the kind of franchise which would be revealed during E3, but hey, if they show anything today, I will be a really really happy adept :)

Plus I would love a Mewtwo trailer and an announcement that more DLC is on the way but that sounds unlikely for a Direct this early.

Maybe a Direct near Camelot's 20th anniversary itself? With Isaac for Smash 4 and GS4 announcement.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I won't be able to watch the direct live today. So of course it'll be the direct where Isaac appears as Smash dlc while I remain ignorant until later tonight.

The odds are now in his favour. :p

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
2 minutes people.

Let's see if there is any good news for us. And enjoy the other games :)

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wow that was like the lamest Direct ever.

How much of it was discussing things we already knew? Like the vast majority of it! And Reggie must have repeated info on the N3DS more than once in the very Direct.

Such a drag, I feel like I wasted my time...

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
We wanted the exact same things. We had nothing. That Direct was full of void. 45 minutes of nothing. I'm impressed. I knew that I was going to be disappointed but they managed to disappoint me even more than what I predicted.

Sorry for this rant.:urg:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I was expecting at least some Mewtwo DLC footage or more info about it, but besides the Fire Emblem and the new Namco game, there wasn't anything new. Kinda dissapointed.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I was expecting at least some Mewtwo DLC footage or more info about it, but besides the Fire Emblem and the new Namco game, there wasn't anything new. Kinda dissapointed.
True. As a Nintendo fan, I have gotten familiar with this.

Camelot is either: Making a new Mario sports game or is, hopefully, making the next installment in Golden Sun.

The Splatoon fans got a new HUB world to enjoy and you can use Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin in Code Name Steam.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I didn't really expect much GS related, I just thought it could happen. Its possible because they did this Direct a month earlier than last year there might be another Direct between now and E3.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I didn't really expect much GS related, I just thought it could happen. Its possible because they did this Direct a month earlier than last year there might be another Direct between now and E3.
You know something? It surprises me that Nintendo does not take full advantage (that I know of ) of all the different Studios they have partnered (or own) with.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/analyzing-nintendos-studios-second-party/

Waiting for Golden Sun is painful, since Nintendo is a conservative company and likes to hold onto as much money as possible.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That direct was awesome mainly because I'm hyped for the new FE game.
True.

Though, when thinking about Isaac, we have one problem:

Sakurai wants to be done with the Smash series.

If I recall correctly, Sakurai stated that he wants to be able to leave the Smash series behind and stop working on Smash Wii U/3DS, but having Mewtwo as DLC requires more time out of him.

Having to make more characters would require Sakurai to work even longer on the game, which is something that Sakurai does not want to do.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sakurai says he's done with Smash after every game. The truth of the matter is he's going to work on that series until his hand falls off.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sakurai says he's done with Smash after every game. The truth of the matter is he's going to work on that series until his hand falls off.
Yes.

And about Isaac, there is one good thing to take note of:

Nintendo wants to make money and Sakurai is under contract to make more characters if Nintendo demands it (if I remember correctly).

We need to appease to Nintendo to add Isaac and make sure that they do not forget that Mewtwo isn't the only one who has fans behind him.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Got a source? I don't remember this being stated anywhere. Seems unlikely Sakurai's contract would be divulged.
Not really. Instead of saying "if I remember correctly", I should have said "just a guess".

This is merely a guess on my part.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
That said, Isaac's and Golden Sun will have to wait another day. I suspect the last chance we have of hearing anything new in that regard is at E3. At the very least, surely Camelot must be working on something different after Mario Golf and Tennis games for the 3DS. Well, either that or twiddling their thumbs

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
A reminded that Sakurai just doesn't even care anymore, so maybe if we just don't care about Isaac being in smash anymore, he will add him in.

It's worth a try, rite guis?

D

Deleted member

That said, Isaac's and Golden Sun will have to wait another day. I suspect the last chance we have of hearing anything new in that regard is at E3. At the very least, surely Camelot must be working on something different after Mario Golf and Tennis games for the 3DS. Well, either that or twiddling their thumbs
Well, they have to be working on something. I don't think they just go to work every day and shoot the breeze for 8-9 hours. With the Mario sports games done, I do expect them to be working on another project, even if it's a port of Dark Dawn with additional stories.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Or in a worst case scenario, they are making Mario Sports games... for the Wii U.
Probably not. Atleast not alone. To make an HD game on the Wii U, they will still need assistance from other studios. They are a pretty small developer studio. And if Nintendo is going to help them out, it should preferably be for Golden Sun.

The Direct was not THAT disappointing, but they spent too much time on New 3DS. The 3DS in general as well. Plus not many surprises besides Fire Emblem.

That said, Isaac's and Golden Sun will have to wait another day. I suspect the last chance we have of hearing anything new in that regard is at E3.
Not necessarily. This time the direct was a month earlier than last year's. E3 is in mid June. April falls right in between, around Camelot's 20th anniversary. We could get another direct in this time period.

AND:

April is the 4th month of the year, 20th anniversary is a multiple of 4.
Add all the digits of 2015, and you get 8 which is 4 x 2.
Golden Sun 4 confirmed :p

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even if development of the game started soon after the golf game went gold I don't see GS4 being ready to reveal until at earliest late this year. It's not just some cut and dried sports game with a Mario varnish.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea but they can definitely tease us. Like the Golden Sun logo and the trademark music playing and then the camera panning up the landscape of Angara something like that.

The main reveal can be saved for E3 or later.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Yknow, I was really hoping they would end the Direct with:
"BUT WAIT! WE FORGOT ONE THING! -cue Golden Sun title screen music as I scream loudly in excitement-"
But sadly that didn't happen. But yay, more FE at least.

EDIT: If they can make Xenoblade happen on the New 3DS, Golden Sun should be entirely possible.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yknow, I was really hoping they would end the Direct with:
"BUT WAIT! WE FORGOT ONE THING! -cue Golden Sun title screen music as I scream loudly in excitement-"
But sadly that didn't happen. But yay, more FE at least.

EDIT: If they can make Xenoblade happen on the New 3DS, Golden Sun should be entirely possible.
But... Golden Sun is always on handheld lol.

Even if development of the game started soon after the golf game went gold I don't see GS4 being ready to reveal until at earliest late this year. It's not just some cut and dried sports game with a Mario varnish.
I'd bet probably E3 they'd be able to show a trailer off.

This the more depressing, but realistic thought about what Camelot is up to.
Not at all, Camelot's already stated several times they can't do HD games. Not in their current state anyway. Literally the only thing they can do is Golden Sun unless they start repeating sports games, but they only do two types of sports games.

Top Bottom