• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
If Isaac was confirmed as dlc, what would his social thread be called? Most of the fighters have a name for their social thread like "Suburbs of Onett" or "Colony 9".

"Venus Lighthouse" doesn't really seem like a social thread name.

Maybe something about Vale?
What about "Crossbone Isle"?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The Formina Sages would be pretty great. A play on the bad translation of Fulmineous Edge.

I also kinda want Saturos as a rep so we can make some cheesy slogan like "Saturos! By PROXy!"

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well, after a week of computer issues, watching AGDQ2015, (and making this amazing avi I'm using), I have returned.

So apparently Nintendo has a "Media Event" coming up on the 14th. Usually this means a Direct soon, or at least leaks possibly.
Also, the Isaac social thread should be The Sol Sanctum or something. Or something about Kraden too.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Sounds cool enough.

The Sol Sanctum is the home of the elemental stars after all.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well we all knew that it was happening. NDirect on the 14th, 6 AM PDT. Apparently about spring '15 3DS/Wii U games. Probably DLC added to that too :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well we all knew that it was happening. NDirect on the 14th, 6 AM PDT. Apparently about spring '15 3DS/Wii U games. Probably DLC added to that too :p
I guess that means the 15th for Australia, but what time?
EDIT - It's going to be 1AM for Australia - looks like I'll just get the table scraps of hype.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Think we'll see any new about Golden Sun?

Maybe?

I hope.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Think we'll see any new about Golden Sun?

Maybe?

I hope.
Thing is, even if we got an announcement now, it'd still be quite early; this is for Spring, so unless they have a huge surprise for us, we'd likely still not get an announcement of a plausible GS4 until E3. Still, we could get a brief teaser now and a full trailer at E3. It would be interesting if they start doing DS VC and they announce Dark Dawn for VC, but at least I'd like to see Lost Age NA...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not really expecting anything for Smash outside of maybe some screenshots of Mewtwo, possibly explaining if they've changed his moveset from melee.

Still, you can never really predict what will happen.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
All we can dream... I hope they show Mewtwo or anything.
I hope the direct give us the answer.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I doubt we will get anything related to Golden Sun, but we can all hope right? Just a hint of other DLC would be great as well!

Plus, there are tons of other awesome games we can see!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
GS4 is still more likely at E3, however, they might announce it early if they want it in time for Camelot's 20th anniversary. Then again, they might wait. At the very least, Lost Age NA would be nice.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, for Super Smash Bros., we might get lucky and find out about Mewtwo with a trailer of it being played in both versions, but I doubt we'll get a bombshell announcement about DLC plans for later on, or even if we will get DLC.

Plus, they might save that for E3.

And, yeah, I'd like to get The Lost Age in North America. I don't know how many times I said that, but NoA's treatment of Virtual Console is terrible.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Maybe they'll just show a teaser of Golden Sun 4 and save the official announcement and Isaac's DLC for later.
I can see it being possible. Especially if they want it before Camelot's 20th anniversary, which I believe is before E3. I just want GS4 news ASAP, even if its only a teaser.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's not impossible that IF there was a new Golden Sun in development that they would show it here. Not meaning to get anyone's hopes up, but just because they said Spring 2015 titles doesn't really mean much. If you pay attention they *always* say that the Directs are just for titles up to the next quarter. The vast majority of - if not all - of them have had some kind of surprise for releases beyond the mentioned timespan.

It's incredibly unlikely that they would reveal Golden Sun 4 here... But we can't throw out the idea completely just because of the description of what the Direct is over. Nintendo is not that predictable. =P

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Golden Sun 4 has been confirmed since 2010. I literally spent two hours trying to find a way to make a 4 on the boxart. :U
GS4.png

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well at the very least we know Ninty has to fill their 2015 portable lineup with quite a bit more, because given what's announced so far it's pretty darn barren.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
They should really remake the old games, it would really bring people to play the game since they like the character in SSB4, (G&W, Earthbound) but why wont the creator of Earthbound not want to make another one? think about the money you could get.

EDIT: Holy crap didn't know hiroshi yamauchi worked on Golden Sun, now that's more of a reason why they should add a Golden Sun rep in SSB4, the third president of Nintendo...

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Unless you want to save the character for DLC to help it promote the future game, why would you cut on of the favorite ATs from the AT section? Isaac DLC would be a great way to promote GS4, also, I've been thinking about how GS4 could begin, but there are still some things I need to sort, to maybe I'll post it here.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Unless you want to save the character for DLC to help it promote the future game, why would you cut on of the favorite ATs from the AT section? Isaac DLC would be a great way to promote GS4, also, I've been thinking about how GS4 could begin, but there are still some things I need to sort, to maybe I'll post it here.
Really should be a time back to Isaac's but im not too sure on Matthew... it would be cool to see Matthew in SSB4 along with Shulk, Matthew with his serious look and Blue resemblance...

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Matthew would work well as an Isaac alt, they are stat-wise the same in Golden Sun games, as well as they are father and son, Matthew is like a mirror of Isaac, so the him being alt of Isaac would work pretty well.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Matthew would work well as an Isaac alt, they are stat-wise the same in Golden Sun games, as well as they are father and son, Matthew is like a mirror of Isaac, so the him being alt of Isaac would work pretty well.
I only like Matthew due to him showing much more emotion from Isaac, and how his outfit looks, a bolero jacket(RIVALS SHULKS VEST LMFAOO) and how much character he represents, and i like how Isaac looks while his armor is badass, like a silent protagonist(AKALINKAKA)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well at the very least we know Ninty has to fill their 2015 portable lineup with quite a bit more, because given what's announced so far it's pretty darn barren.
I do think at least one of those could be DKR2. GS sadly isn't likely to fill that void as GS4 would probably be released in 2016. I mean, unless they do a Dark Dawn 3D or something. :p

I'm kinda expecting a couple of other announcements as well, I'm just not sure what else they could have hiding. Metroid is not something I think would come so soon, because if one is in development it was likely only started post-E3 2014, since they apparently had nothing going on Metroid-related at the time. There is both Xenoblade games of course. For new things, maybe an FE remaster? (Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn, perhaps.) Another possible option is DK64 3D for a remaster (that's one of the last major N64 games that could still get a modern remake).

There's other things we can probably eliminate. Anything new from IS; no Advance Wars or new Fire Emblem (except maybe a Fire Emblem remaster). They have too much on their plate right now finishing Project STEAM, and FE X SMT which we must assume is still in development unless otherwise stated. And even then, like with Metroid, they specifically said that they have ideas but aren't working on anything right now. F-Zero is likely not happening anytime soon, and Metroid might, but I don't think we'd get an announcement yet.

Oh, there is Animal Crossing Wii U. That's another very likely announcement for a game coming out late this year. A new Rhythm Heaven could also be possible.

Based on how much they'd have to announce for this year alone, unless Camelot got major help, they might not be able to announce a GS4 yet. Unless they plan to re-release an updated Dark Dawn for 3DS this year, in which case they'd probably tease GS4. (And no, GS4 wouldn't be the same as Metroid and Advance Wars being mentioned and brushed off as "Oh, we plan to continue these but don't have anything in development now"; no one has commented on GS at all.)

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
You could say that Matthew is Isaac's...Golden son...-drops the mic-

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Any significant updates about Isaac? I have been gone, because I am studying for my Certification exams.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Any significant updates about Isaac? I have been gone, because I am studying for my Certification exams.
Not really. The only thing of note is a confirmation that there were in fact other cut characters, but Sakurai wouldn't talk about them. Its very possible (and likely IMO) that Isaac was at one point planned, but was put on low priority due to no GS4 news by 2013. Still, there's no confirmation on that at all.

Top Bottom