• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I think Nintendo will release more on the DLC proposition once March/April hits.

We are due for a Nintendo Direct sooner or later to detail plans for 2015.

We know Mewtwo, Miiverse, and more mode options(Tourney Mode) are coming so it's a waiting game.

--------------------

As for GS in general I want to play as a Proxian. They in my opinion are like the Half-Orcs of Weyard.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
A Proxian playable in GS4 would cool. We should also get a playable Dark Adept and a new type of Adept in form of Light Adept, since there has always been that Light/Dark rivalry. And this time around, the Tuaparang bosses better have true Dark Psyenergy instead of just Dark Shield.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That's the point I kept trying to make in other threads, but someone in a different thread (not sure if it was the general character discussion thread or the leak thread) kept insisting that Ice Climbers were literally the only cut character and there was "no evidence" of other cut characters whatsoever.

Then the other point I was just making was in reply to some people who posted a few pages back about being worried about GS's future because of this news, when this says nothing that we didn't already know. GS not being chosen for representation, whether being in the game and cut or ignored all-together, doesn't mean anything about GS's future because those decisions were made before a prospective GS4 would've been confirmed (internally) to be in development anyway. It would've been decided--at the earliest--at the start of 2014, but more likely shortly before completion of Mario Golf: World Tour.
And now that DLC has become much more prevalent and easy to distribute these days, it is possible to get those "cut" characters. Especially with Nintendo trying its hand in DLC in multiple games.

Earlier cut characters couldn't have been added but now it is possible, if they are ready to work on them, that is.

So SSF2 has been shown to be feature at upcoming APEX 2015, and there's going to be the newest version featured there. Guess who's in it. :p
This guy? :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The more videos I see from Robin, the more I think Isaac's playstyle would probably be closest to him. As well as Robin's weight, height, and jumping capabilities. And I think Isaac's Psynergy attacks could function a lot like Robin's Arcfire and Arcthunder. Charging up Fire> Elfire> Arcfire could be done similary to say, Gaia> Mother Gaia> Grand Gaia or Spire> Rock Spire> Stone Spire.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The more videos I see from Robin, the more I think Isaac's playstyle would probably be closest to him. As well as Robin's weight, height, and jumping capabilities. And I think Isaac's Psynergy attacks could function a lot like Robin's Arcfire and Arcthunder. Charging up Fire> Elfire> Arcfire could be done similary to say, Gaia> Mother Gaia> Grand Gaia or Spire> Rock Spire> Stone Spire.
And hopefully not limited to spell stocks like Robin has. The thing with Robin is he doesn't want to be near you and when you are he has to rely on his Levin Sword to make you go away. We want Isaac to mesh Magic and Weaponry together but without the loss of Spells or your better weapon. Which is why I think a unique playstyle would be preferred.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It was a more recent interview that made the rounds a couple of weeks ago. Well, it made the rounds recently; it may not have been a recent interview, I don't know for sure on that one. Either way, it made the rounds a couple of weeks ago and he stated that they had a number of characters planned, but were cut for various reasons. Several people brought up the notion that that's why Isaac isn't in the game, and some even said stuff like "GS4 deconfirmed" or something like that.

The only problem with this issue is that when Isaac was cut (if he was), then it likely happened before GS4 was put into development. Sakurai may have very well been in contact with Camelot, and possibly considered Isaac as playable due to Dark Dawn being rather recent before development on Smash started (2012), but then 2013 came around and no signs of GS4. By late 2013/early 2014, Sakurai might've already put Isaac on the backburner, and GS4 likely was not planned until as early as the VC re-releases, and as late as when Mario Golf: World Tour was released.

As such, the Sakurai interview doesn't really mean much for GS as a whole, and might even be a boon, since he confirmed the roster was finalized in 2012 (barring the late clones) and additional characters were cut further in development.
Do you have a link? I never heard of this interview.

In fact I'm pretty sure I read a Sakurai interview where he said they got most of what they wanted to do done, he made it sound like there wasn't much planned that they didn't get to put in the game. (It may have been the interview where he talked about the Ice Climbers)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's funny because Isaac is called Robin in Japan
You've been missing out on my fav RPG series.
>Implying I don't regret it

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Hi guys sorry for not being present this moth but i started working in a Swiss Electronic Shop on the 1st December and it was a rush with Christmas and all that stuff but now i should be more present ^^ Don't worry i read all the posts every day ;)

So for the moment the mail don't confirm anything for sure, but it doesn't say that Isaac wont't be in. So i guess it's a little good point. I totaly forget to talk about Isaac when i registered the game xD. If i had done it it with many of others Isaac fans, it would maybe pick Nintendo's curiosity of that character being requested. But yes it surely doesn't mean that much too

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It's funny because Isaac is called Robin in Japan
And FE Robin is called Reflet(more like Reflay though) in Japan.

It's a damn shame about the Grima potential though and they completely dropped the Dragon Stone on that one.

I mean who wouldn't want to fight on the back of Ridley....er.....Grima.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They could give Isaac a similar stamina system like Robin and Shulk based on Djinni and Summons however. I'm not sure how it could work, but not using Djinni would give Isaac advantage in his B moves used with Psynergy while using Djnni to attack would greatly give a boost to Isaac's Smash moves' KO power. But ofcourse, using more Djnnn would give Isaac the ability to Summon, and after that he becomes lighter, slower and weaker. His shield also is smaller. And he cannot use charged up Psynergy, only basic attacks as Quake, Spire, Gaia, ect.

Am almost thinking Isaac has too many options as a playable character to even fit it all in Smash. He'd have a very deep and complex playstyle, that am sure of.

Am rwally hoping for Matthew and Felix alts to. But I'd take them as clones as well. Especially Felix.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hopefully you have some strong foundations, cuz Isaac is gonna shake you all night looong!~

Ahahaha--

Oh man I'm so sorry, but I've always wanted to make these awful puns. Which is why I love Isaac. If he's in as DLC, more excuses for me to make bad puns.

Erm, well, that's not the main reason I've always had in interest in him. I do like what Isaac can offer and his design. Although I'd personally prefer Matthew, but I'm fine either way. And hold up, adult Isaac needs to be in someway. Epic beards yo!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hopefully you have some strong foundations, cuz Isaac is gonna shake you all night looong!~

Ahahaha--

Oh man I'm so sorry, but I've always wanted to make these awful puns. Which is why I love Isaac. If he's in as DLC, more excuses for me to make bad puns.

Erm, well, that's not the main reason I've always had in interest in him. I do like what Isaac can offer and his design. Although I'd personally prefer Matthew, but I'm fine either way. And hold up, adult Isaac needs to be in someway. Epic beards yo!
Nah man that's fine. Isaac is moving in (Smash4) anyway.

I would be really moved *cough cough* if we got adult bearded Isaac and an older Felix.

Well let's just wait for him to shake it up! He will ground his foes to the earth anyway.... making them quake in fear :p

Edit: I am sorry for these worse earth-y puns.

Last edited:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice

I would be really moved *cough cough* if we got adult bearded Isaac and an older Felix.

Well let's just wait for him to shake it up! He will ground his foes to the earth anyway.... making them quake in fear :p

I wouldn't say that the puns are bad, after all, it just means you are heavily rooted in the nature of your earth-shattering development.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

You should check out my rock solid Move set.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290

You should be GROUNDed for those bad puns :p

D

Deleted member

Puns are lazy writing.

How do I know this? Because I suck at 'em.

Anyhow, thought I'd make a comment on this thread, because I wanted to point out that I'm getting started on playing Dark Dawn again... plus, I wanna blow off some steam for BluePikmin putting Isaac in his "F tier".

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

BluePikmin's tiers don't mean anything.
I know, because we all have our own lists and out beliefs, but I still can't fathom a thong-wearer who was deleted from the trophy database being much higher than him.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm so sorry @ N3ON N3ON for causing a chain reaction of bad puns...

Anyway, I should get back to finishing GS. I have so many backlogged games it seems. :/

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know, because we all have our own lists and out beliefs, but I still can't fathom a thong-wearer who was deleted from the trophy database being much higher than him.
...which is a great reason why they don't mean anything.

Another one is because it's not like he aggregated the community's rankings. It's just one person's opinion. A person who has been way off base in the past, but that's neither here nor there tbh. If another person made a tier list and put Isaac in the S Tier it would literally mean the exact same... not much.

I'm so sorry @ N3ON N3ON for causing a chain reaction of bad puns...

Anyway, I should get back to finishing GS. I have so many backlogged games it seems. :/
No worries Croph, I thought they were... golden. ;)

Hey Guys,I Maked This! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHiJqI9jrA
Pls Help On This Clicking The "Yeah!" Button c;
...maked...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I gather he put Isaac in his personal F tier when ranking character chances.

Even if that was the only "questionable" placement on his list, which is certainly isn't, it really doesn't matter this much.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Isaac was confirmed as dlc, what would his social thread be called? Most of the fighters have a name for their social thread like "Suburbs of Onett" or "Colony 9".

"Venus Lighthouse" doesn't really seem like a social thread name.

Maybe something about Vale?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If Isaac was confirmed as dlc, what would his social thread be called? Most of the fighters have a name for their social thread like "Suburbs of Onett" or "Colony 9".

"Venus Lighthouse" doesn't really seem like a social thread name.

Maybe something about Vale?
I thought we were for Warriors of Vale already.

Top Bottom