• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The direct didn't really set me alight, but I appreciated the Splatoon and X footage.

Nothing for Smash though, I guess I wasn't expecting much but I thought Mewtwo would have at least gotten a mention.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not at all, Camelot's already stated several times they can't do HD games. Not in their current state anyway. Literally the only thing they can do is Golden Sun unless they start repeating sports games, but they only do two types of sports games.
I was more speaking to the notion of what Nintendo would likely have them do, but they would have limited options of what could be done.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I was more speaking to the notion of what Nintendo would likely have them do, but they would have limited options of what could be done.
Nintendo can sometimes be incredibly awesome and sometimes really weird. I just hope they pick the awesome choice this time and give us GS4.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
We may get another direct soon that will reveal more about Smash DLC. I wasn't expecting much from this direct, a Golden Sun 4 teaser was probably the best case scenario for the franchise, what didn't happen, but I was thinking that Smash DLC would be talked about, considering that it will be released in Spring, so maybe they'll decide to talk about it in Spring and they would made the DLC available after the presentation.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Isaac Amiibo function:

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Isaac's outfit for Cross(main protagonist with red hair) full outfit, scarf, armor, clothes, and regular sword

lmao

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
We may get another direct soon that will reveal more about Smash DLC. I wasn't expecting much from this direct, a Golden Sun 4 teaser was probably the best case scenario for the franchise, what didn't happen, but I was thinking that Smash DLC would be talked about, considering that it will be released in Spring, so maybe they'll decide to talk about it in Spring and they would made the DLC available after the presentation.
I wouldn't be surprised if they do a whole direct soon dedicated to Smash DLC. Until then, I'll be in this little corner waiting for a new Golden Sun, F Zero, or Metroid...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Glad to see there's another Fire Emblem in the making. I hope Fire Emblem never dies; it's mine favourite video game series of all time. Though admittedly, I was hoping this new title was going to be for the Wii U.

The whole Splatoon monotony is really getting on mine nerves. I don't think the gameplay is bad--quite the opposite, really--but everyone's obsession with it and the excessive advertising of it is kind of ruining it for me. And that blasted theme song--that is hands down one of the most annoying tunes I have ever heard. I am sick of that game already and I haven't even played it.

Anyhow, it's a shame there was nothing Isaac or Golden Sun related--though, I can't say I'm surprised.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm surprised Fire Emblem is getting another game so soon, maybe it's just because I didn't get Awakening on day one so it feels so sudden. I was so sure they were revealing the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei game.

Rough time to be an Advance Wars fan....

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm surprised Fire Emblem is getting another game so soon, maybe it's just because I didn't get Awakening on day one so it feels so sudden. I was so sure they were revealing the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei game.

Rough time to be an Advance Wars fan....
Yea seriously where did SMT x FE disappear to. Intelligent Systems is working on this new FE, then Project S.T.E.A.M as well. I actually wanted this FE to be on Wii U but I guess reusing the engine and assets from Awakening would make the game making much easier than starting from near scratch on Wii U.

I miss Advance Wars as well. There has been no game since Days of Ruin (which I really liked).

Even rougher time to be a GS fan though with Nintendo ignoring it so far or atleast pretending to do so.

Altais

Smash Champion
I'm surprised Fire Emblem is getting another game so soon
Given the huge success of Fire Emblem: Awakening, I can't say I'm surprised--especially since this new entry seems to have the same gameplay elements as Awakening.

Question Time: What would you name your Isaac Amiibo?
Xacais (pronounced zä•kā•ĭs)! :awesome:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Shulk vs Isaac
who wins in canon
lmao Isaac wins because Shulk tells Alvis to do that "thing" so Isaac wins
but who would win in a real match without Alvis doing that "thing" where Shulk keeps his monado and Isaac keeps all of his summons and psyenergy.

not to mention, if Shulk's future vision thing always works ahead of time before the actual attack happens... then whats the main point of the enemies in Xenoblade Chronicles? if Shulk can always dodge any attack, then whats the point?

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Shulk vs Isaac
who wins in canon
but who would win in a real match without Alvis doing that "thing" where Shulk keeps his monado and Isaac keeps all of his summons and psyenergy.

not to mention, if Shulk's future vision thing always works ahead of time before the actual attack happens... then whats the main point of the enemies in Xenoblade Chronicles? if Shulk can always dodge any attack, then whats the point?
Ivan could help Isaac out with that. :awesome:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Shulk vs Isaac
who wins in canon

Technically he can't dodge everything, he can just predict it. They do try to prevent the visions but they can still happen. The main quest also party starts cause of that.

Isaac drops mountain on Shulk, even if Shulk sees it ahead of time, I don't really see what he can do about that.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Ivan could help Isaac out with that. :awesome:
gimmie a reasoning pls
never played golden sun, but been a fan of the series when I got interested into it, I know who the characters are, just not all of there powers, explain what ivan can do pl0x

Technically he can't dodge everything, he can just predict it. They do try to prevent the visions but they can still happen. The main quest also party starts cause of that.
Isaac drops mountain on Shulk, even if Shulk sees it ahead of time, I don't really see what he can do about that.
Speed art
or Shield art, mountain would probably fall over if the shield hits it

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
gimmie a reasoning pls
never played golden sun, but been a fan of the series when I got interested into it, I know who the characters are, just not all of there powers, explain what ivan can do pl0x
Oh Ivan has Wind based powers and can read minds.

Speed art
or Shield art, mountain would probably fall over if the shield hits it
Let's just drop another mountain when that art wears out :p It takes time for the Monado arts to charge anyway.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Oh Ivan has Wind based powers and can read minds.

Let's just drop another mountain when that art wears out :p It takes time for the Monado arts to charge anyway.
But wait, wouldn't Shulk(Alvis) know that Isaac is planning to pick up a mountain the moment Isaac uses his psyenergy powers to move a little bit of a rock? wouldn't that give Shulk enough time to escape?

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Not suprised that there were no new Golden Sun games, it was a Japan-main Direct after all. A new GS has a better chance on E3.
It was a bit dissapointing that there was no new Star Fox, but I got my Fire Emblem If, Rhythm Heaven 3DS, and Xenoblade 3DS under 40 bucks. Not complaint.

Does anyone think that if there's a new GS, there's a chance that Dark Dawn is remaked and included alongside GS4? Firbut e Emblem 3 remaked the original NES game and expanded upon the original story, and as while GS games have stories that are closely attached DD was released four years ago, so I thought it was a possibility.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
But wait, wouldn't Shulk(Alvis) know that Isaac is planning to pick up a mountain the moment Isaac uses his psyenergy powers to move a little bit of a rock? wouldn't that give Shulk enough time to escape?
He technically doesn't move rock, he summons it. He could also cause an Earthquake under Shulk (now try avoiding that), or cause an eruption (from small to huge) beneath his feet.

He would sway the momentum of battle probably. Plus his weapon can summon a huge meteor.

D

Deleted member

Isaac Amiibo function:

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Isaac's outfit for Cross(main protagonist with red hair) full outfit, scarf, armor, clothes, and regular sword

lmao
That could work.

I was also thinking if Golden Sun 4 should have an Amiibo function. It's doubtful given Camelot's staff isn't large and also their reluctance to have Golden Sun crossover with other Nintendo installments (even though some Psynergy effects were in a Mario Tennis: Power Tour), but I was thinking that the party could unlock the ability to summon other Nintendo characters in combat.

The only way this can be done is if your party is exploring the ruins of a Dark Psynergy hideout, and discover an item that can allow them to summon beings from other dimensions to attack. I say Dark Psynergy because this would be a good detailing of the strength of their abilities, that they could be so powerful as to warp reality. This would be a good compromise to incorporating Amiibos in the game and providing alternate choices for summoned beings, as Dark Dawn only introduced Crystallix.

Now, there would be some limits (no third-party summons), but it would be interesting to be able to summon transdimensional warriors like Link, Marth, and even Shulk to do battle. And... of course... young Isaac.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Ragnarok snd Odyssey, I would like to see Shulk dodge a giant magic energy sword, that EXPLODES! (Seriously Ragnarok and Odyssey are some of the coolest ideas for a spell, period)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
If Shulk was battling Isaac and then he gets a vision of the Judgement summon. His reaction would probably be: "Well, I'm f***ed".

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Just knock the Monado out of Shulk's hands and you can go all " Has the little boy lost his Monado and can't do a thing without it? Well. You CAAAAAAAAAAWWWWN'T!"

XxLTxX

Smash Rookie
Here's a random thought I had:
If Psynergy can't be seen by non-Adepts, but we can see Isaac's Move Psynergy in Smash Brothers, does that mean the characters are actually adepts? :O
I know Smash doesn't follow canon sometimes, but still...

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Here's a random thought I had:
If Psynergy can't be seen by non-Adepts, but we can see Isaac's Move Psynergy in Smash Brothers, does that mean the characters are actually adepts? :O
I know Smash doesn't follow canon sometimes, but still...
I can see them... Oh well, that's cool, I'm an Adept! :awesome:

Top Bottom