• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

International Crew at Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I just read the first page of this and you guys hate on / sleep on canada way too ***'n much.

I'd sooner put in unknown/kirbykaze over leffen/javi/etc.

Also, my brother for the crew! (blunted Object)

PB&J

Smash Hero
i really think it should just be 10 vs 10,we do have three days btw, i think Javi should be on it since he is the best in his country forever i say you guys all just play each other. im sure you guys will figure it out

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I just read the first page of this and you guys hate on / sleep on canada way too ***'n much.

I'd sooner put in unknown/kirbykaze over leffen/javi/etc.

Also, my brother for the crew! (blunted Object)
Is Canada going to be in the crew battle? I thought the whole point was to put U.S players up against international players who we've never gotten a chance or much of a chance to see before. I think it would be better if Canada wasn't in the crew battle at all.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
That's not for you to decide. USA needs to be defeated, we can't give them any chances.
I'm not deciding anything, I'm stating my thoughts on this. And even with Canada there is no way the U.S.A is going to lose(sorry international players).

Everyone knows that the U.S is guaranteed victory. So lets making it enjoyable by watching players we never get to say play against our best talent. We see the Canadians play all the time, it's nothing new and they would just ruin the crew battle imo.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm not deciding anything, I'm stating my thoughts on this. And even with Canada there is no way the U.S.A is going to lose(sorry international players).

Everyone knows that the U.S is guaranteed victory. So lets making it enjoyable by watching players we never get to say play against our best talent. We see the Canadians play all the time, it's nothing new and they would just ruin the crew battle imo.
Then you are a fool for thinking that.

stelzig

Smash Lord
What is stopping those matchups happening at other times at the event? I don't understand why people think we need to throw people into a crewbattle to see them play against some great players...

On a sidenote I don't think it's just autowin for the US either. Even the top players have gotten less than 4 stocks in crew battles before (remember armada in the last us vs. the world? Remember m2k at genesis2?)

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Then you are a fool for thinking that.
I appreciate Kage's always believing Warrior attitude, but this is just ridiculous. You're being stupid if you think the world has a chance. You're probably the only one on the crew(hopefully Canada gets removed completely) who thinks the international teams has a legitimate shot at winning.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lmao, you really have no idea of the player's skill level, if you played them first hand and we do our strategy properly we can beat them.

Just fyi, I would probably be able to beat at least 5/8 chosen players from their crew, and that's just me. The whole crew is going to be minimum that level, anything goes.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

"We would just ruin the crew battle?" Are you like... prejudice against Canadians or something? Or do you just think that we're all terrible? Either way, I'm not sure of what kind of team to put together. I think all of the internatinoal regions underrate eachother, making it tough to come to an agreement. Everyone from Javi's region would say we're crazy if we don't put him in. Same with people of Leffen's region I'm sure. Personally, I am humble enough to say that my brother (blunted Object) might not be the best choice for top 8 DEPENDING on who goes. I can say however, that my bro has done some good work in crew battles against good players before.

I would say from Canada, to definetly include Unknown and Kirbykaze. Depending on matchups, I would put in my brother/kage/raynex/IB? However, i would only see 2 or 3 people repping canada at most... to be fair.

gm jack

Smash Lord
USA are probably going to win, having by far the largest scene and attendance of the top players, even if you assume everything else is equal.

Not putting out the best crew possible might be hype for the americans, but a chore for everyone else.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i think usa is beatable if you guys put the right people in,i say all of you just go to the pre tourny @ smelly cat's house and decide. International has some great players coming. im pretty hype about,its what the smash community is missing, a close really stacked crew battle.

P-99

Smash Cadet
Is Kage the only one putting some heart in this?

Even if there is no "International pride" like some people said before and you don't care about a crew battle like this.. for every player it's a chance to play someone of the best in the US and their crew can only lose because even if they win it's just what everyone expected.

YOU CAN MAKE ALL THE PATRIOTIC FANBOYS SHUT THE **** UP AND PUT A SHOW ON EVERYONE WILL REMEMBER!

HYPE THAT **** UP!!!

Gaara♥

Smash Master
It's gonna be funny when the International crew brings their A game and the USA crew sandbags and find themselves in a crazy stock deficit, or someone on the USA crew has an off day and changes the fate of the entire crew battle. Anything can happen

PB&J

Smash Hero
Must put kage on the crew,its his last big tourny and im sure he wont let you guys down,plus you can put him in for falcon

:phone:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I've only seen one tournament match of Kage's Falcon, and it got pretty bodied.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Uhhhhh, kage shouldn't play anyone but Ganon, lol. He's talking like this could be his last major tournament, can't go out any other way.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Not sure what all this "USA guaranteed victory" talk is all about. I think it looks pretty even, especially with Ice, Hack, and Captain Jack coming.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Not sure what all this "USA guaranteed victory" talk is all about. I think it looks pretty even, especially with Ice, Hack, and Captain Jack coming.
It probably has a lot to do with Mango, DrPP, Hunrgybox and Mew2king all being on the same team.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Who won Genesis 2 again? :3

This thread needs to quit johning for Europe before **** even happened. No one has an advantage, both teams are gonna be filled with great players and we'll see which will come out victorious next weekend.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
USA is more stacked. I personally lean toward that being considered a slight advantage, lol. But as I said before, anyone can win. I think the international team is going to get a rude awakening if they send in armada against PP with 3-4 stocks though. They'll lose their best player (my prediction) and USA will still have mango, hbox, and m2k. If armada takes out PP hbox has his peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom