• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

International Crew at Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
USA is more stacked. I personally lean toward that being considered a slight advantage, lol. But as I said before, anyone can win. I think the international team is going to get a rude awakening if they send in armada against PP with 3-4 stocks though. They'll lose their best player (my prediction) and USA will still have mango, hbox, and m2k. If armada takes out PP hbox has his peach.

:phone:
Nah, just take PP to FD or maybe DL and he's done.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I personally think people also overrate hbox vs. armadas peach. Sure armada may not have taken a match when they played, but it's not like armada was far off winning (in the first two games anyway). IIRC he was ahead the entire first game until he got rested low percent on final stock for instance. It's also a long time ago, don't see why people think it would be impossible for armada to win that match, especially when it is not even a set, but some stocks in a crew battle.

Edit: Look at that comfortable lead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoaIEuRlOYs
Come on people, don't exaggerate :p

Beat!

Smash Master
I think you'll be surprised. Plus he won't get by hbox. Even if a miracle happens and he 4 stocks PP.

:phone:
If he 4-stocks PP, he only needs to take one single stock from Hbox and he'll have done more than he's "expected" to.

And like stelzig said, it's not like Hbox consistently JV-5s Armada when they play, lol.

Armada

Smash Lord
Is Kage the only one putting some heart in this?

Even if there is no "International pride" like some people said before and you don't care about a crew battle like this.. for every player it's a chance to play someone of the best in the US and their crew can only lose because even if they win it's just what everyone expected.

YOU CAN MAKE ALL THE PATRIOTIC FANBOYS SHUT THE **** UP AND PUT A SHOW ON EVERYONE WILL REMEMBER!

HYPE THAT **** UP!!!
I will put my heart into this crew battle and do my best to take as many stock as possible =).

USA have all of their best players there but I know the International crew will put in some really good work. Crews is a lot about being smart and understand the entire crews weakness/strong parts and we have some thing to work with when we choose players to be sure that we counter US crew.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I think it should be an 8 on 8 crew battle haha
I can't seem to find enough good internationals to put on a list if we were to have 10..

What would the optimal list of internationals that would put up the best fight?

Armada
Ice
Amsah
KirbyKaze
Leffen
Sion
Kage
Adam
Blunted Object/Dieslow?
Can't think of any others

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I think it should be an 8 on 8 crew battle haha
I can't seem to find enough good internationals to put on a list if we were to have 10..

What would the optimal list of internationals that would put up the best fight?

Armada
Ice
Amsah
KirbyKaze
Leffen
Sion
Kage
Adam
Blunted Object/Dieslow?
Can't think of any others
Blunted Object, Dieslow and Adam aren't coming to Apex. Also I'd like to have Javi on the team.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm pretty nervous about it honestly, crews is the only thing that can break my cool usually. I hate letting other people down, lol. I guess I'll just have to reinforce my mindset even more!

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
So what will you cheer if you win, World crew (and fans)? "USA" kind of lends itself to being cheered. Will you all just shout the name of the player that wins it, or what?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
no im pretty sure that'd be like giving the usa crew a huge lead
Javi has been predicted to win against M2K, yet lose to PP (sources?)

So it's a toss up either way, i suppose. Not sure who else would be better off.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Javi has been predicted to win against M2K, yet lose to PP (sources?)

So it's a toss up either way, i suppose. Not sure who else would be better off.
how would javi beat m2k?
he destroys foxes for breakfast.
iirc he beat jman at rom4 with all 3 of his characters

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
We need sources on predictions

How else can we tell those predictions are valid? :199:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I believe the sources were Rael (from Mexico) and PP himself.

kinda biased sources if you ask me LOL

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
We need more intel from the Hyatt hotel, Javi played a bunch of casuals but I don't know how good he did...

D:

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
He dropped games to Duck, but otherwise performed well. Unfortunately, it's that kind of limited matchup experience that'll be his downfall.

Super fun to watch though.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Official crews, announced by Dogy on the stream:

World.

Armada
Amsah
Ice
Leffen
Kage
KirbyKaze
Unknown