• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Reunion: NES n00b edition - 12/18

Winnar

Smash Lord
No, no, if that doesn't discourage you, please come.
I wasn't trying to say "this is only for the old biweekly crowd", I was trying to say "this probably won't be very large, please don't show up and be disappointed".
Everyone who will come to this won't be coming for the tournament/turnout. There's no need to worry about that.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Okay, because we don't mean to like, interject into your reunion, it's just more about the trip than the tournament.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I would love to meet anyone who knew Ryan and was friends with him and I'd like to become friends with them as well. I love this community as much as I love my own family. I know atleast 40 people can squeeze into the old Pizza Inn ive seen it done before.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Being a member of Play 2 Win, a team that included NES noob, I would love to attend the event. Unfortunately I'm restricted from doing so due to my busy life as a high school senior.

Despite this, I hope everyone who attends this event is touched by how amazing of a person Ryan was. May his soul rest in peace.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Man...it just hit me hard that Ryan is gone...and I wont be able to spend anymore time with him.

Mother****ing piece of **** drunk driving......

I'd give nearly anything to see him again.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Man...it just hit me hard that Ryan is gone...and I wont be able to spend anymore time with him.

Mother****ing piece of **** drunk driving......

I'd give nearly anything to see him again.
Me too Saber...<3

also KO, I've been looking forward to meeting you for quite some time now. I'm glad to get the chance to meet you, though I wish the reason we were meeting was different.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
It seems like a lot of people are killed in car crashes in Wiggins. There are little crosses all over the road out there. I think it's because the people there are ******* rednecks. They drive crazy when they are sober, because they assume nobody else is on the road... I can't imagine how bad it is when one of them is drunk as ****...

I also take it that the drunk driver was driving a gigantic truck, so therefore he is pretty much alive and well, right? God, if that were true... I'd be very pissed.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It was a pickup truck at least.

The pic looks like some kind of blue ford pickup. not a huge one, but a pickup truck nonetheless.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
The other driver died on impact as well. Then a third car (this one going the right way) crashed into the back, but he ended up being okay.

Also, again, I feel like my first post about people not coming conveyed the wrong message. If anyone wants to make a pilgrimage here in memory of Ryan, or see a bunch of other people who were touched by him as soon as possible, or any other reason, please come. I'll be extremely happy to see you, and I'm sure Ryan would be glad you came.

I was only worried that people were going to be driving huge distances with the wrong idea.

Also Winnar I didn't know you were that far south right now, sorry.

Winnar

Smash Lord
The other driver died on impact as well. Then a third car (this one going the right way) crashed into the back, but he ended up being okay.

Also, again, I feel like my first post about people not coming conveyed the wrong message. If anyone wants to make a pilgrimage here in memory of Ryan, or see a bunch of other people who were touched by him as soon as possible, or any other reason, please come. I'll be extremely happy to see you, and I'm sure Ryan would be glad you came.

I was only worried that people were going to be driving huge distances with the wrong idea.

Also Winnar I didn't know you were that far south right now, sorry.
Lol don't worry about it, though technically I will be in Starkville for another 4 days or so

-Chad-

Slackerator
Some jobs (like fed ex I believe) don't allow requests off during peak seasons.

Like Milln's job makes him unable to attend KO's tournaments :(

Vts

Smash Champion
yeah bestbuy doesn't give time off either but i get 2 off days a week and told him the schedule maker its really important to me so i got 19th off so leaving that night might be little late since might have to close.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
That sucks that you can't stay for the entire event Iori, but I am glad that you will be able to be there for some of it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Only one day because it's a buisness and we can't use it during hours.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hrm...I'm not going to be able to make this, but I will be there in spirit. I will be playing Falcon all day, and I will be ****** people.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Well maybe we can continue it at my crib lol.
lol if I go to your place I will probably find a corner and sleep

I might wake up and play some though

Actually this sounds really good to me, we can get some of that falco/fox brawl+ teams going again yeahuhhhh iori + winnar 2 pro

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I couldn't get the 19th off so i cant come. :(

I got the 18th off, but since the playing wont actually begin until late night, and I have to work the next day, I think it'd be smarter to stay home. I'll be making a donation to the scholarship fund though.

edit

has anyone already tried to make an online donation? I cant really figure out what to do.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I guess it would be that Saturday during the day, right? Maybe? What time would we be able to go crash at your place, assuming the tournament ends early Monday morning?

If I have to go back to Starkville to sleep then I definitely won't be making any smashfests on Saturday. I'll be driving straight back once I wake up/shower.

Also Reneblade:

"Sariku visited Mrs. Roberts yesterday. This is what she had to say:

I want to say how much I appreciate that Ryan had such good friends that cared about him and saw the kind, gentle, loving spirit that I saw in him.

If anyone is interested they can make a contribution to a scholarship fund in memory of Ryan Roberts to the University of Mississippi Foundation. If they send a check, they need to put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts" in the memo section of the check. (bottom left). Or if you want to give online, you can do so by logging onto the U.M. Foundation.com and click the link that says "Make a Gift" and in the comment section put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts." so it will go into his fund and not just a general fund.

Thank you very much for your willingness in holding this tournament in honor of my son and helping fund this scholarship program.
Here's the online link she mentioned, Make A Gift is in the top right corner: http://www.umf.olemiss.edu/home/ "

I do understand what you mean, though, about it being confusing. I am guessing you pick any donation receiver and as long as you put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts." it will go towards Ryan's fund?

I don't really know, I guess I'll try to look into it some more.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well maybe we can continue it at my crib lol.
This would be cool as hell, although I think one person I'm bringing might be smashed out by then. I do like the fact that if this happened then our housing situation would be set XD. I'll ask both Will and Tony if they want to hang out with you playing smash some Saturday. I'm hoping they will be down.

Winnar

Smash Lord
This would be cool as hell, although I think one person I'm bringing might be smashed out by then. I do like the fact that if this happened then our housing situation would be set XD. I'll ask both Will and Tony if they want to hang out with you playing smash some Saturday. I'm hoping they will be down.
You're the driver, right?

Doesn't that mean you basically have executive decision? Just tell them you need to sleep somewhere close before you drive any sizable distance.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I guess it would be that Saturday during the day, right? Maybe? What time would we be able to go crash at your place, assuming the tournament ends early Monday morning?

If I have to go back to Starkville to sleep then I definitely won't be making any smashfests on Saturday. I'll be driving straight back once I wake up/shower.

Also Reneblade:

"Sariku visited Mrs. Roberts yesterday. This is what she had to say:

Here's the online link she mentioned, Make A Gift is in the top right corner: http://www.umf.olemiss.edu/home/ "

I do understand what you mean, though, about it being confusing. I am guessing you pick any donation receiver and as long as you put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts." it will go towards Ryan's fund?

I don't really know, I guess I'll try to look into it some more.

Anytime dude, I won't have school after this week so it is fine with me. Plus I work late late monday so yeah it wouldn't be a problem.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
You're the driver, right?
Probably not actually. Will typically insists on driving. He's also the one that would more than likely not want to smash the following day. That said, he's surprised me before, so we'll see how it goes.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Anytime dude, I won't have school after this week so it is fine with me. Plus I work late late monday so yeah it wouldn't be a problem.
Awesome.

Probably not actually. Will typically insists on driving. He's also the one that would more than likely not want to smash the following day. That said, he's surprised me before, so we'll see how it goes.
Huh.

Well who knows I guess. It'd be cool to get to hang out with you guys for another day but if it isn't meant to be then that's fine. Any time is better than no time :D

---

Okay my new plan so far:
  • Dec 17th - Afternoon - Pick up Chef and go to Sariku and Ziggy's, spending the night over there
  • Dec 18th - Morning - Get up and drive straight to...um I don't know where to drive to, Iori's or Jack's I guess? It's just until the tourney starts
  • Dec 18/19th - Tourney
  • Dec. 19th - Early Morning - Go to Iori's and sleep for a bit; play some more smash
  • Dec 19th - midday/afternoon - Drive to Starkville and spend the night there, shower, relax, sleep, etc.
  • Dec 20th - Morning - drive back to biloxi and drop off sariku/ziggy then drive home
  • Get to work on editing stuff and whatever else needs to get done (as quickly as I can)
  • Dec 25th - Deliver the donations/poster/dvd to Mrs. Roberts.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO CHILL OUT IN STARKVILLE WITH ME BEFORE DRIVING BACK THE REST OF THE WAY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO HOST YOU

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
idk... apparently where I'm about to move is the ghetto also... any Memphis residents know where Rhodes College is?

Handorin

Smash Hero
idk... apparently where I'm about to move is the ghetto also... any Memphis residents know where Rhodes College is?
I kinda know where it is, but McCloud goes to Rhodes. I'll ask him how ghetto it is. xD

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Not going to college there, just moving near by. if it's not too ghetto I might even take some classes.

Edit: I'm probably going to be a bit late to the event. So I probably won't enter the tournament part. Probably just be around for reminiscing/crying/friendlies

Top Bottom