• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Reunion: NES n00b edition - 12/18

Handorin

Smash Hero
Not going to college there, just moving near by. if it's not too ghetto I might even take some classes.

Edit: I'm probably going to be a bit late to the event. So I probably won't enter the tournament part. Probably just be around for reminiscing/crying/friendlies
Rhodes isn't ghetto. I just can't remember how ghetto the area around it is.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Chad and Handorin are consistently making me more nervous about this trip.

And my rims.

Also dudes of DML, does anyone know what became of my dop kit? XD Did someone hold onto it when you guys split up, or did it get thrown away? If possible I'd like to get it back.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
The area around Rhodes isn't bad at all. I used to live a few streets over. At least it's not Whitehaven....>__< Iori, what were you thinking when you decided on that splendid housing location? XDD

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The area around Rhodes isn't bad at all. I used to live a few streets over. At least it's not Whitehaven....>__< Iori, what were you thinking when you decided on that splendid housing location? XDD
Probably cheap $$$ amounts...

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
The area outside of Rhodes immediately isn't too bad. I would make sure your house doesnt look enticing to break into, cause it happens. get a doggie.

Also, tuition is now like 34-35 and it's ****** my wallet. added to housing and it's 45-7 a year :(

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
Nesn00b - I didn't know you but from the way everyone seems to talk about you, you must have been a spectacular person. I'm sorry about what happened but all these people love you enough to pay their respects and honor you with the game that you loved so much. The game that allowed you to aquaint and befriend such awesome people. This is for you.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Whats ghetto?

random ragnarock input about ghettoness for the win :) luv u a'lectrius :)

also for the record whitehaven is niether a place that resembles a haven nor is it filled with white people lol

SO MUCH IRONY!

I want to make it to this so bad I've been talkin to Ram a bit about it but who knows really we are both so poor. Either way guys just for the record I will be in memphis no matter what December 26th at night through the 29th in the morning and I will have my own car the whole time someone hit me up so in case i miss this I can smash somewhere close to where Ryan used to smash so I can pay my respects the best way i know how to as a smasher.

Im mainly countin on Jack Chad and Iori for this but I want to have a big smash fest with everyone. Events like this make me want to see all you guys again just in case. Smashers and the smash community to me is like a huge group of long lost brothers and cousins.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Sorry for the delay, things got pretty crazy. I'll try to put my 2 cents in on everything (even though I know some of these have already been discussed and my thoughts already mentioned):

Mookie - I see where you're coming from on the competitive thing and that was my first thought as well, but I honeslty believe he would prefer it like that. Knowing how much he loved the tournament atmosphere, it just seems fitting. It would be different if everyone treated the other people like rivals, but that has never been the case with smash. Every tournament match I've ever been involved with seemed more like friends bsing with a chance for cash, rather than a "every man for themself" atmosphere. One of the things that makes this community so unique and amazing. As long as the reason for the event isn't lost, then I think all is well.

Furthering IHSB's comments, he is right. Honestly. While I would never tell anyone not to come, I have been feeling guilty about those talking about traveling 6+ hours for this gig, considering the time frame we're having to work in. Maybe down the road we can set up something more appropriate for those who want to travel. By all means, if you want to come, please do, but I also would by concerned about people's disappointment.

For that reason, I don't think the Holiday Inn would be a good venue for this. Also, I don't know about prices currently, my old contact no longer works there so I'm not sure if I would get the same discounts or not.

To clarify a few things: the Inn can hold 200-250 people according to fire code, so I'm not really worried about space with respect to what we're trying to accomplish. The hours of the event are 11pm Friday night - 5am Saturday morning due to A.) having to clean up before the morning crew gets there to open the restaurant and B.) me having to sleep for work a few hours later ><

Also, those familiar with the biweekly routine, I know I mentioned the food in the first post, but due to the economy and business being a little slow, they said we could still do it but limited to 1 topping instead of whatever but still for the $5. Hopefully not a big deal...

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Zane, nothing is wrong with respecting and honoring Ryans memory on earth. Unfortunely, i knew more at a smashers stand point that a personal stand point, but when the incident happenend, it felt like a friend left me. So by you holding this tourney (not really one, but we get it) for him i a great thing. And your doing this by how most people remember him and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Question, how many people would punch me in the face for bringing a brawl set up? I planned on donating the entry fee for the singles instead of partaking in it, unless I miraculously manage to get into Melee before Friday thats what I plan on doing.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If it's Brawl+, you may. Otherwise, bring some Brawl friends. >_>

EDIT: Actually, some of the West Memphis crew might play, but I think they started moving towards melee.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Question, how many people would punch me in the face for bringing a brawl set up? I planned on donating the entry fee for the singles instead of partaking in it, unless I miraculously manage to get into Melee before Friday thats what I plan on doing.
:ohwell: I play it still, but I won't want to play you if you main meta knight. Other than that, I am all game. :p Oh plus my boy cyner/aka cy, cider, and link-samus main plays too.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I would un-punch you in the face for bringing it.

I probably won't be able to make it until 12am. So if the tourney thing starts sooner I'll just be around for the reminiscing and friendlies. I'll be bringing a Wii+Brawl and a Gamecube+Melee. I suck at Melee but I still love the game.

j00t

Smash Champion

I probably won't be able to make it until 12am. So if the tourney thing starts sooner I'll just be around for the reminiscing and friendlies. I'll be bringing a Wii+Brawl and a Gamecube+Melee. I suck at Melee but I still love the game.
Who cares if you suck at Melee, as long as you love the game then we love you. <3

I suck and everyone loves me, so there you go!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
:ohwell: I play it still, but I won't want to play you if you main meta knight. Other than that, I am all game. :p Oh plus my boy cyner/aka cy, cider, and link-samus main plays too.
Oh cool, I use Marth and Ike usually so I hope that wont be a problem

i'll play brawl for funsies.
Sweet

Awesome, most of the people I'm riding with will be in the tournament so I may be there a while.

You won't have problems finding people to play Brawl with you, Kola.
That means you'll play too right? :D

Oh and since the last post Zero Gamer has played some Melee with me, I may partake in the tournament, but will get graped.

I use jigglypuff ;P

j00t

Smash Champion
I can't wait to see everyone again.

Chad, I am giving you a super big hug when I see you.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning to ride up on Friday with 3 other Birmingham area people. Depending on their schedules, it might be possible to ride up on Thursday night. If that happens, would there be anyone along the way willing to offer housing for Thursday night?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol I just messed that up for you mslano xD

Joel has work though I believe, but Zero_Gamer has a free schedule I think.

Edit: I'm going to rest ko you 4 times j00t. D:<

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I've taken Friday off of work. I'm going to use the day shaking off my Melee rust so I don't make a fool of myself Friday night/Saturday morning. I'll play Brawl some too, and I will play Fabulous Falcon. I don't mind fighting Metas either, it's all good.

I'm looking forward to it, although I still wish it was under better circumstances :-(.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
lol I just messed that up for you mslano xD

Joel has work though I believe, but Zero_Gamer has a free schedule I think.

Edit: I'm going to rest ko you 4 times j00t. D:<
It was a passing thought I had. Upon further thought, I realized I have something going on Thursday night, so we'll just leave Friday afternoon.

Top Bottom