• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery List and Discussion [SEPT 7] - 19 videos!

Gazebo

Smash Rookie
I can't do this with TL for the life of me. Can someone please make a video of it with Toon Link, or maybe find out if it even CAN be done with Toon Link?
It can be done with TL but it's really odd.

When you do a bair off your second jump, you have to wait for him to turn around and face forwards again and that's when the move is considered to end.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
GREAT discovery, I think CF is getting a real boos from this and goes to high/top tier considering he seems to be able to combo, this tech is too good (G&W and squirtle will be even more "disturbing" hehe)
Too bad it looses some of the groundbased game, making it alot harder for IC's to get their devastating grabs :ohwell:

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I never said the result should be considered instead of the cause, I said the result should be considered MOREOVER than the cause.

Of course the cause has some importance in any technique found but, in this case Bowser's cause with his side-b isn't THAT different from what needs to be done by every other character so it doesn't really need to get a whole class to itself.

Bowser's "Koopa Hopping" still fits within the tech's core definition. He's still buffering a jump, and it's still resetting his jumps and taking away one just like a SJR. That slight difference isn't enough to give it a different class.

L-cancelling doesn't mean you hit the L button. L stands for "Lag" because not only can you do it with the L button but, you can do it with the R button and the Z button.

Yes, Samus's Super Wavedash was performed differently but, that's not why they called it "Super". It's called Super because it goes abnormally farther than a regular wavedash would go if performed conventionally. It's still a wavedash just a bigger one so they stick a "Super" tag on the front of it.

So, if you absolutely MUST reclassify Bowser's Side-B SJR then put Super in front of it because what he's doing is still SJR in essense. It's just that his Side-B allows him to do it easier.

This would be appropriate.

PS: 3xSword when I said "Faster" I meant that the Side-B could be performed later so that the jump buffer could still happen but, I guess that was misunderstood.
However, the cause is MORE important than the result. In fact for koopa klawing you never buffer a jump b/c the animation for the koopa klaw doesn't have to end. If it ended and then you jumped that would make it a buffered jump, however no such buffering occurs as it happens during the animation of the Side B. So although the result may be equal to SJR'ing the method is different enough that it should be considered separate. Makkun you can still post koopa klawing on your list but just make sure to say that it is DIFFERENT from the regular ISJR'ing.

Also I only said hit L for L-Canceling b/c that's the button I use. Also I equated luigi's wavedash w/ Samus' super wavedash b/c both go abnormally far distances compared to others. Although they are performed differently. I was using this to show that the result is not more important b/c than Samus' wavedash and Luigi's wavedash would be considered the same b/c they go so much farther.

Also "super" is just ridiculous. No we leave it at koopa klaw hopping and that 's it. No, klaw hopping is not the same as SJR'ing. They both work b/c of the same glitch and that's what makes them similar. However, klawing allows you to jump anywhere during the animation unlike SJR'ing where you have to wait till the end.

klaw hopping =/= ISJR'ing

P.S. yeah clarify those types of things next time. Btw I refuse to surrender!!!!!!! :laugh:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This will only be good for spacing and putting multiple attacks out for your opponent to run into. Once you hit someone it will cause hit lag and you won't be able to continue the ISJR because the hit lag will change the timing. :(

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
This will only be good for spacing and putting multiple attacks out for your opponent to run into. Once you hit someone it will cause hit lag and you won't be able to continue the ISJR because the hit lag will change the timing. :(
ISJR still works, you just have to compensate for the timing...

N M E

Smash Apprentice
This maybe the legendary AT that truly helps brawl achieve greatness, or it will help lead to great things. Either way keep up the testing.

-N M E

N M E

Smash Apprentice
If your still testing by the 27-29th i'll be more than happy to help, but sadly Brawl isn't out in Europe. :/
If you are ,i'll be more than happy to upload your videos using my capture card.

-N M E

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Bah, I'm having a lot of trouble doing this. Can someone post an exact button explanation? Like... explain it as if you were explaining it to someone who has never touched a SSB game... if this has been done already, link me up :p

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
@NME: I'm sure I'll still be testing some things by then. XD The list will probably be complete, but I'm hoping that more things that require testing will pop up.

storm92

Smash Ace
Sonic Bair and Uair for sure yes.
Sorry I couldn't test him entirely, I have to study for a calc test. ._.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Someone please test something for me. I got the idea of airdodging and timing it so you can buffer jump...if this could work then well...the whole approaching game would explode!

Imagine: Being able to short hop and then do an attack and when you're about to land, airdodge an attack and then 0-land a fast fall attack...

Someone PLEASE try this!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it is. Aerials in the list marked "Multi-air!" means you have time to do the move at least twice before touching the ground and SJRing.

@UndrDog: Very nice. O: Added to front page. I'll try and mess with Pit's other aerials.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Hey, Makkun. You know how people are requesting videos like mad men? Well, it might be beneficial to make a "Video Request" section on the OP. That way, instead of having to rummage through all the pages, I could just look on the first.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Good idea. O: I'll do that now.

What are we at? Pit, Kirby, Ike, Ness, Lucas, Link?

Btw currently practicing Ness. I think maybe if you can ISJR his Side-B it could possibly be a good way to rack up a lot of %. I'm not very knowledgeable of his specials, but I'll figure something out.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
@UndrDog: Very nice. O: Added to front page. I'll try and mess with Pit's other aerials.
In that case...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RE85TDy5Y
I very quickly through this together seeing as the first one was actually useful to the thread. Oh, and read the description Makkun... >_> I can't do it consistently enough to appease the Pit forums. v_v Anyone that can do this with Pit and doesn't mind making a video of his Aerials doing this I beg that you do. ^_^

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
What's the use of this move? I suppose no one can really answer this, but people have told me its only really good for "mobility". What does that mean? O.o It certainly won't get you across the stage faster than dashing. Does it provide a good approach?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
However, the cause is MORE important than the result. In fact for koopa klawing you never buffer a jump b/c the animation for the koopa klaw doesn't have to end. If it ended and then you jumped that would make it a buffered jump, however no such buffering occurs as it happens during the animation of the Side B. So although the result may be equal to SJR'ing the method is different enough that it should be considered separate. Makkun you can still post koopa klawing on your list but just make sure to say that it is DIFFERENT from the regular ISJR'ing.

Also I only said hit L for L-Canceling b/c that's the button I use. Also I equated luigi's wavedash w/ Samus' super wavedash b/c both go abnormally far distances compared to others. Although they are performed differently. I was using this to show that the result is not more important b/c than Samus' wavedash and Luigi's wavedash would be considered the same b/c they go so much farther.

Also "super" is just ridiculous. No we leave it at koopa klaw hopping and that 's it. No, klaw hopping is not the same as SJR'ing. They both work b/c of the same glitch and that's what makes them similar. However, klawing allows you to jump anywhere during the animation unlike SJR'ing where you have to wait till the end.

klaw hopping =/= ISJR'ing

P.S. yeah clarify those types of things next time. Btw I refuse to surrender!!!!!!! :laugh:
I offered you a compromise and you didn't take it so I'm not going to bother debating this anymore.

You think what you want to think and I'll do the same.

Edit: @Makkun: I was testing out Pit's Nair to see if you could ISJR it and you can.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
He's partially right with the cause having some significance but, he's completely ignoring anything I say and just being way too adamant to talk to so, I'm not going to bother with him anymore.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I really like it when these aguements happen when I'M TRYING TO MAKE A VIDEO REQUEST!
*x10facepalms*

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I was actually trying to do ISJR with Ike's moves, notably his Bair, and it seems that even his Bair is too slow to be ISJR'd with. I was able to find how to SJR with it but, his jump just isn't high enough and/or his move takes too long to ISJR.

Niko_K

Smash Master
****ing Christ this is harder then shffling in and out of shine in melee at the moment hahaha

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
He's partially right with the cause having some significance but, he's completely ignoring anything I say and just being way too adamant to talk to so, I'm not going to bother with him anymore.
I'll put it this way:

You both were being difficult. Now there IS a difference between the two techniques. The difference?

The SJR/ISJR has the attack done as late as possible with at least one frame to buffer. What does this mean?

Well, if Bowser's klaw hop is done instead, sure, it has an easier timing, but an earlier timing to boot. Essentially, this means the hitboxes come out earlier with a klaw hop than an ISJR. Sometimes this would be a good thing, but in Bowser's case, it really isn't. Why? Because the lower to the ground for Bowser, the higher of a chance he'll hit the opponent unless the opponent jumps into the ****, aka is being a moron. =P This amounts to... klaw hopping making it a LOT harder to hit grounded opponents, mainly because the aerials are performed a bit sooner, but the bit sooner is enough to make it sometimes not effective in hitting the opponent.

AKA, the ONLY difference that matters is the overall result... which in this case, is having one method have the move, and thus the hitboxes, come out later than the other, as well as being done closer to the ground.

Basically, both of you are both right and wrong.

Oh, and I made that little essay above not JUST for this argument, but also to clear up the difference in the future since some people were wondering the difference too. The aerial timing is... the only main thing to take note of really. O.o Plus you can klaw hop without doing an aerial or air dodge.

P.S. I agree that 3xSwords was putting up a HORRIBLE argument, by pointing out the thing that doesn't matter between the techniques(how you do them, which doesn't matter too much in the end, just that the klaw hop is somewhat easier), and not the main, crucial difference(s), aka the results. >.>; I say it should still be included in the ISJR list though, with its current footnote, for completion's sake. It won't make much difference with Bowser anyways, so... =/

-------------------------------------------

Judge Judy: We already know. No offense, but we already have the request, and we know you want a vid of Mario. This takes time, since we all pretty much suck at doing this for now. >.>; Patience, patience, patience please.

Top Bottom