• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Individual Character Poll: (Poll Extravaganza BOOM BOOM! Top 10 Most Voted!)

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Yes: Bandana Dee, Lip, Pichu, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Reckless Safety Man
No: Krystal, Wolf, Ridley
Indifferent: Balloon Fighter, King K. Rool, Mach Rider, Takamaru, Young Link, Isaac

D

Deleted member

Yet you're bloody doing "Reckless Safety Wiimote Man", when he's not even a real character.

Seriously. I die a little inside when I see people actually think it's a good idea.

Especially when they try to use the likes of Wii Fit Trainer to justify it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
If it's okay with you, can you tell us how the characters are picked? I'm kinda curious.
Yes:
:wolf:

Indifferent:

No:

Indifferent to Ridley, not because I don't care, but more or less I haven't decided whether game play reasons or giving the Metroid fanbase what they always wanted is more important to me.

I voted no to Bayonetta, reckless safety man, and Isaac. Bayonetta is far too indecent for this game in my eyes, I'd have to play blind folded whenever she's on screen just to protect my eyes. Reckless Safety Man's no is because this is Nintendo's all-star line-up not let's-add-some-random-guy the game. I'm really not interested at all in Isaac and would prefer not to see him this game, maybe next game with less limited space I'll be a bit more welcoming, but not right now.

Voted yes for both Bandana Dee and Wolf. Bandana Dee because I'm a big Kirby fan and feel like the series should get some more representation, especially when series as small as Fire Emblem get more than it. I Also happen to really like Bandana Dee as a character, so yeah, pretty easy to see why I'd vote yes.

Wolf, I voted yes because he's a unique fighter that only takes inspiration from Fox, and twists it into a very unique style, along with the fact that he's a popular veteran, so he should return, as it's painful to his fans who played him in brawl to not have him come back, y'know?

I voted no for Balloon Fighter for a few reasons, one being I don't see much potential, two being he isn't much of a "Character", and third, the big one, I feel adding him cheapens and profits off of Mr. Iwata's death, I get that so many people want to add him as a tribute, but I don't think Mr. Iwata himself would want anyone's vote or any of his beloved games to be swayed by his death. I'd personally find it disrespectful to Mr. Iwata if Balloon Fighter got in just because he died, it completely cheapens everything he himself loved in my honest opinion. I'd be fine with it if the vast majority of his support was from before his death or if he got in as a tribute from his colleagues, but not from people's votes being tipped due to his death. Sorry.

Voted indifferent to Takamaru, I feel like he's shafted rep wise, but I personally don't want him at all.

I voted no to Krystal, she'd be a obstacle for Wolf, and if Wolf got in too after somehow that would mean four star fox reps, something I'd rather not see. I also don't like her character at all, admittedly this is probably because I had the misfortune of playing Command as my only stair fax game, ugh that game was like a bad fanfic.

Voted no to Mach Rider, I just can't see potential other than riding a bike, and he isn't what I want.

Voted yes for Pichu because it was my secondary all the way back in melee, and I honestly prefer Pichu to Pikachu.

Voted yes for K. Rool. I was pretty shocked to learn that he didn't make the cut.

Indifferent for Lip, I'm really not quite sure, I like the character, and she's certainly unique but I'm not sure I'd be happy to see her here with such limited space. I also went indifferent for Shovel Knight as I have no real reason to like or dislike him.

I also voted no for Young Link. I really don't like the idea of three Links, and I feel Toon Link is his spiritual successor, although I do think it sucks for his fans. If he got in as a alt for Toon Link/Link I'd be fine, but not as a character.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Usually I do one of the following for each day:
1. retro
2. deconfirmed
3. popular
4. veteran
5. 3rd party

As for how I pick each one, I usually do what I feel like, depends on the situation.
I usually listen to requests being said here.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I guess joke and arguably popular, he seems like the only joke character in existence that has been seriously voted since the ballot has started.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think Wolf at any moment in time has ever been the #1 spot since we've known DLC beyond Mewtwo was going to be a thing however he's always been top 3 globally. While pretty much most people want and think Wolf will come back, when the smash ballot made it known "You can vote whoever" there are definitely characters in video games that have a larger following compared to Star Fox in general however the fact that only like 1 character has managed to elevate to what appears to be top tier of DLC and Wolf still being voted top 3 regardless speaks incredibly highly.
Even so, Wolf was still the most voted in the initial 2014 post-release poll on SmashBoards, followed by K. Rool and Lucas.

So it seems weird to me that he's taken a noticeable hit in the west while others have flourished.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Um, I could be wrong but I think someone spammed your K. Rool poll. I just checked and it just got 43 No votes in just a few minutes. I was checking about an hour or two ago and it had only 6 No votes. I could be wrong but I thought I would just let you know.

StormC

Smash Hero
Well I guess it was only a matter of time before someone had to ruin it for everybody, right? :drsad:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
There are only 20 no votes on the K rool poll. are you sure you are on the right poll?
???
I just checked 10 minutes ago. Now it changed? I know I haven't slept in a while but I'm not that sleepy.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yes: King K.Rool, Wolf, Isaac (Just for the fans alone)
Indifferent: Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Lip, Mach Rider, Takamaru
No: Young Link, Pichu, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Reckless Safety Man, Ridley

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yes: Krystal, Lip, Bandana Waddle Dee, Bayonetta, Ridley
Indifferent: Mach Rider, King K. Rool, Wolf, Pichu, Balloon Fighter, Isaac
No: Takamaru, Young Link, Shovel Knight, Reckless Safety Man

Yes: King K. Rool, Bandanna Dee, Wolf, Ridley, Isaac
No: Pichu, Young Link, Reckless Safety Man, Bayonetta, Lip, Balloon Fighter, Krystal, Shovel Knight
Neutral: Takamaru, Mach Rider

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Yes: King K. Rool, Bandanna Dee, Wolf, Ridley, Isaac, Pichu, Takamaru, Krystal
No: Reckless Safety Man, Bayonetta, Balloon Fighter, Shovel Knight, Young Link
Neutral: Lip, Mach Rider

Also, @ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma where did Waluigi come into play? Did I miss him on the poll somewhere?

You want to vote for Bayonetta? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!

Yes: King K. Rool, Bandanna Dee, Wolf, Ridley, Isaac, Pichu, Takamaru, Krystal
No: Reckless Safety Man, Bayonetta, Balloon Fighter, Shovel Knight, Young Link
Neutral: Lip, Mach Rider

Also, @ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma where did Waluigi come into play? Did I miss him on the poll somewhere?

You want to vote for Bayonetta? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!

Oops, I put him there by mistake.

D

Deleted member

Yes: K. Rool, Mach Rider, Ridley, Shovel Knight, Takamaru, Wolf
No: Balloon Fighter, Bayonetta, Krystal, Reckless Wiimote Safety Man (a million times No), Young Link
Indifferent: Bandana Dee, Isaac, Lip, Pichu

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Yes: K.Rool, Ridley, Wolf, Isaac
No: Reckless Wiimote Safety Man (he's not even a character ._.), Pichu, Young Link, Shovel Knight
Indifferent: Bandana Dee, Bayonetta, Krystal, Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Lip

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For today:
Yes for Issac, Ridley, and RSG. No for Bayo.
Ridley I doubt will happen, but would love if he could. Issac should happen! Bayo just isn't right for smash imo. As for RSG. Honestly the hate should stop. A joke that's in actual games shouldn't be riddiculed. People vote for icons to gaming all the time, Parabo and Spto, R.O.B. to a degree, etc. So why shouldn't an Icon in each wii game be playable?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
When it comes to likely limited spots in DLC before the team eventually disbands, I don't want a joke character. Pichu gets a pass because Pichu is an actual character. And a highly requested one in Japan, mind you, as are the rest of the vets over there.

Smash 5? Fine, I still won't like it but I won't be up in arms.

For Smash 4 DLC, nope. Nope, nope, nope.

D

Deleted member

. As for RSG. Honestly the hate should stop. A joke that's in actual games shouldn't be riddiculed. People vote for icons to gaming all the time, Parabo and Spto, R.O.B. to a degree, etc. So why shouldn't an Icon in each wii game be playable?
Don't know who the **** "Parabo" and "Spto" are or who are voting for them for the Ballot, but there's a huge difference between R.O.B. and "Reckless Wiimote Safety Man".
R.O.B. is an iconic piece of Nintendo hardware that was essentially a character in his own right, with a backstory that tied into the games he was combatable with. He would also make cameos or guest appearances in other Nintendo franchises.

All "Reckless Wiimote Safety Man" is is a fabricated attempt at characterizing a simple silhouette that serves as a general visual example of Wii Remote safety in regards to surroundings. It's not a real character. It's no different than all of the visual warning labels that are found in the manuals for the Wii, the Wii U, the DSi, the 3DS, etc. Just because this particular one appears on the loading screens in-game doesn't make it any more special.
It's nothing but a joke that has been taken way too far. Hell, the original image that "promoted" the concept was nothing but a gag done by some guy on Tumblr. http://jactatus.tumblr.com/post/115457169587/everyone-here-knows-who-the-obvious-smash-4-dlc
But for whatever reason, people have taken the gag seriously. Actually using the joke "appears in every Wii game" logic to be a legitimate reason why it's a good idea while ignoring the rest of the gag that shows the entire thing is not meant to be taken seriously, including the proposed special moves and Final Smash.

All while using the bull**** logic of "lulz we can haz something like Wii Fit Trainer so y not dis too?" or in your case "if we can haz R.O.B. dis be good idea!".

If you still don't see how the idea doesn't make a lick of logical sense, there is no helping you.

D

Deleted member

Yes: King K. Rool, Pichu, Ridley
No: Shovel Knight, Young Link, Bayonetta, Reckless Safety Man (OH GOD NO!)
Neutral: Balloon Fighter, Bandanna Dee, Wolf, Krystal, Lip, Mach Rider, Takamaru, Isaac

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Don't know who the **** "Parabo" and "Spto" are or who are voting for them for the Ballot, but there's a huge difference between R.O.B. and "Reckless Wiimote Safety Man".
R.O.B. is an iconic piece of Nintendo hardware that was essentially a character in his own right, with a backstory that tied into the games he was combatable with. He would also make cameos or guest appearances in other Nintendo franchises.

All "Reckless Wiimote Safety Man" is is a fabricated attempt at characterizing a simple silhouette that serves as a general visual example of Wii Remote safety in regards to surroundings. It's not a real character. It's no different than all of the visual warning labels that are found in the manuals for the Wii, the Wii U, the DSi, the 3DS, etc. Just because this particular one appears on the loading screens in-game doesn't make it any more special.
It's nothing but a joke that has been taken way too far. Hell, the original image that "promoted" the concept was nothing but a gag done by some guy on Tumblr. http://jactatus.tumblr.com/post/115457169587/everyone-here-knows-who-the-obvious-smash-4-dlc
But for whatever reason, people have taken the gag seriously. Actually using the joke "appears in every Wii game" logic to be a legitimate reason why it's a good idea while ignoring the rest of the gag that shows the entire thing is not meant to be taken seriously, including the proposed special moves and Final Smash.

All while using the bull**** logic of "lulz we can haz something like Wii Fit Trainer so y not dis too?" or in your case "if we can haz R.O.B. dis be good idea!".

If you still don't see how the idea doesn't make a lick of logical sense, there is no helping you.
First calm the **** down. I'm using s, not necessarily related to the ballot, But I've seen absurd suggestions such as what I listed and more. It may have started as a joke, but clearly it's an idea that people like so why go against it? It's not a giant crime against humanity for this being a suggestion. Everybody has the right to want what they want. You don't like it, don't say anything cruel. It's like the old saying: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Your acting way to defensive over this. I think that the post above, sums things up nicely, Joke characters shouldn't be DLC, but if Sakurai wants them next game, then so be it,

D

Deleted member

I have no problem with joke ideas that are taken seriously......provided they make logical sense.
"Reckless Wiimote Safety Guy" doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The logic behind it is unfound, and the fact you're seriously claiming R.O.B. is comparable to the idea is just dumbfounding.

It's saying something when Shrek is the better joke idea. At least he is an actual character and not just some fabricated idea of a character that some random guy on Tumblr created and used in a gag not meant to be taken seriously that people decide to take seriously for whatever reason they can justify it with.

The concept of "Reckless Wiimote Safety Guy" is no different than Gamefaq's "DIHSO" (acronym for "Daisy In Her Sports Outfit", and yes, "she" is meant to be treated as a separate individual from the actual Princess Daisy) concept.
Both are made up by someone on the internet and don't legitimately exist.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Chillax everyone.
Smash is a game.
This is a fan poll.
No one is hurt or dead.
There's nothing wrong with joke characters.
Reckless Safety Man is not part of the Illuminati.
Let's all be nice and let @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 do their thing. :kirby:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I caught up on a few of these characters.

I voted yes for Issac. He's been one of my most wanted characters because I think he has a lot of potential to be a very interesting fighter. I also like him as a character, albeit he's usually a silent protagonist in a majority of the games we see him in. There's plenty of moves to make him an interesting character to play as, which is most important to me.

Voted yes for Ridley, because why not? Though seriously, I just think he also has potential to be an interesting fighter. Another air focused heavy could be really fun. I also think he looks cool. Which is admittedly a really shallow reason for liking a character, but hey. They did give him a decent personality in the Metroid comics. Whether he's likely or not, doesn't matter to me much, I just think he could work if they are willing to try.

Yes for Lip. A puzzle based character could make for an interesting fighting style. Say matching the same blocks to hit an opponent will give said attacks extra effects. I think that could have potential. Again, gameplay potential is what get's this characters vote.

Voted yes for Shovel Knight. I have to come clean at this point. Pretty much every other character I voted for I had my reasons for doing so. For Shovel Knight, it's simply beacuse I liked the character, but I know that he's not nearly as deserving as others.

Voted no for Bayonetta. Her games are really good. And she'd make for an excellent fighting game character, but I feel like a couple aspects of her character will likely get neutered in order to fit into Smash. She can't use her standard weapons of the guns on her hands and feet if Sakurai's stance on "realistic" firearms still stands. And I'm not sure we'll get to see any of her finishing moves since she's practically naked when her hair suit turns into some monster of her choosing. Though I'd like to think this is the easier of the two issues to remedy.

No to Young Link. We have two Links as it is. So unless he's drastically different from those other two, I see no reason to add him. Toon Link covers many of the same differences that he had from the Original Link.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Might as well do this quickly since I'm already here.

I only voted Yes for Paper Mario of all characters. Because he's so drastically different from his normal incarnation. I would have preferred him to Doc, despite me liking Doc as well. And unlike Young Link, he doesn't have a preset moveset that he'll be expected to stick to. Though if Young Link had moves similar to A Link Between Worlds(Pegasus Boots, Fire/Wind/Ice Rods and Hammer to name a few) I'd be more for him as well.

Corrin, well, I'm not familiar with them. But if I had to guess, they'd serve a similar role to Robin in Smash. If so, they might be used as replacement. But otherwise I can't say I feel too strongly. I do like Robin's design more.

Ice Climbers, well I was never too attached to them. Nor do I hate them like others do. So I'm indifferent.

No to Sora. I think he's more of a Sony guy. He's been on Nintendo systems, I know, but pretty much all of the main games in his series have been dedicated to the Sony brand. He'd be a licensing nightmare with both Square and Disney breathing down the backs of the Smash team. Might as well go for someone who'll cost less money. And someone who might have been around longer in video game's history.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Corrin?

...Oh. It's Kamui's English name.

Also wow, as of writing the number of indifferent vote in ICies is outnumbering the others.

Anyway:

Yes
7) Personal favorite: Wolf
6) "I think deserves":
5) "I would happily accept": Pichu, Young Link, Ice Climbers
4) "I wouldn't complain": BDee, Ridley
Indifferent
3) "I wouldn't care": Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Reckless Wiimote Safety Man
No
2) "I wouldn't want": Lip, Takamaru, Isaac, Kamui, Sora
1) Personal Dislikes: Rest of it

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh man...these characters....you're making me look mean, Blue...

Corrin - NO! - I'm all Fire Emblem'd out...5 characters for a franchise that was lucky to be were it's at is more than enough for now...let's give some other franchises a try...Was glad to see ma boi come back, but I've reached my limit...

:popo:Ice Climbers - YES!!! - They have been part of the Smash family since melee, and are greatly missed! It is sad that they could not return (and likely won't)...but I would gladly welcome my former #5's back!

Paper Mario - No - Mario is gaming's largest franchise, yes....Paper Mario has enough potential differentiation from regular Mario both in appearance and moveset, yes...but I personally do not like the idea of a third of any character being added to smash (before anyone says Dark Samus is a different entity than Samus herself and I'll take Wolf Link if it means Midna gets in the game, otherwise No!) especially a character that I'm not too fond of to begin with (Mario is one of my lesser favourite's from the Mario games btw)

poor Yoshi :'(

Sora - No - To me Sora is in the same category as Goku and Batman, and those popular characters with not only an astronomically slim chance but are better off smashing in some fan-made Mugen rather than Smash itself...I feel like if Disney were to be involved they would push Mickey Mouse since he's a bigger pop culture icon than any other character in existence but is not a video game character to begin with...I'd rather if Smash keeps away form this...the Keyblade is kinda cool, but not something I'd totally push for...

----

It seems that I have missed a day...

Bayonetta - No - I personally would rather not...

Isaac - Indifferent - He's a popular pick, got no reason to really dislike him or the potential he brings, don't care if he's 'anudder animu swerdzmanz', but at the same time haven't played or have an interest to play golden Sun...

Reckless Safety Man - No - WFT was enough of a joke character for us...RSM would be the exact same situation, it's be funny for the first 10 minutes until we really don't care about the joke any longer...not worth the ~$5 for DLC...

Ridley - YES!!!!!!! - one of nintendo's most iconic villains and is a space dragon! Ridley can be resized and still fit the character that he portrays in Metroid, but I feel Sakurai just didn't bother...if he really 'wants to make the fans happy' then give them what they wanted to begin with...(Dark Pit would probably not recieve as much hate as he did if Ridley was in the playable roster just saying)

----

I'll probably start adding my accumulated votes at some point...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of the new ones:

Corrin: Indifferent (only because it would be the 6th FE character; if Roy wasn't already DLC, I'd be voting Hell Yes for a guy that can become part dragon).

Ice Climbers: Yes (Do I think they will? No. But I would want them if they were possible).

Paper Mario: Indifferent (Normally, I'd be against the idea of a 3rd Mario, but after Paper Jam showing that Paper Mario is legitimately from another world, I'm more accepting of the idea).

Sora: No.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Corrin: no, I'm tired of potential FE newcomers and way too recent. Just because FE14 did well doesn't mean it needs to get a character...
Ice Climbers: indifferent, actually I'd be down with them returning but I feel their return in SSB4 would need too much sacrifices I'd rather not see (like being version exclusive or working completely differently), and I'm not emotionally attached enough to them to want those sacrifices.
Paper Mario: indifferent, no personal strong connection to the Paper Mario series.
Sora: no, would feel downright out of place in Smash.

Summary of my votes:
Yes: Isaac, King K. Rool, Wolf
No: Bayonetta, Corrin, Lip, Pichu, Reckless Safety Man, Shovel Knight, Sora
Indifferent: the rest

Top Bottom