• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Individual Character Poll: (Poll Extravaganza BOOM BOOM! Top 10 Most Voted!)

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Casted my first no.

I normally would yes all the veterans or those I wouldn't complain about, but there's no proper option of "I want the character", "I would be happy for the character", "I wouldn't mind about the character", so they are all "yes" for me.

My Yes on Wolf has a huge contrast to that of Pichu/BDee.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Indifferent on Lip, yes for everyone else.
woah woah woah
why so many nos for Shovel Knight
you all cray
just kidding to each their own

Troykv

Smash Master
Bandana Dee, Wolf and K. Rool have my "yes", " no" to Young Link, the rest get "indifferent".

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Indifferent on Lip, yes for everyone else.
woah woah woah
why so many nos for Shovel Knight
you all cray
just kidding to each their own
I guess thats the lack of context around how the poll was structured coming through. As someone mentioned before the reason why you would give one vote for one character and giving the same vote to another character can vary and that reason can change how the result is viewed. Indifferent may as well be an abstained vote, and like some how some customer survey and feedback information is structured perhaps could be just grouped with no.

Although I think with gathering contextless data it probably should be more "List the following characters in order of most wanted to least wanted".

Bandana Dee, Wolf and K. Rool have my "yes", " no" to Young Link, the best get "indifferent".
I can use this an example of the above.

For young link, is it because you dont like him, because he is a clone, or for other reasons?

For me, how I would vote depends on a few things. If he was just like he was in Melee, nope. If he got the Luigi/Roy treatment but had the same core moves (Boomerang neutral B and what not) I'd be indifferent leaning yes however if they gave him a bunch of new specials and moveset I'd vote yes for him.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I guess thats the lack of context around how the poll was structured coming through. As someone mentioned before the reason why you would give one vote for one character and giving the same vote to another character can vary and that reason can change how the result is viewed. Indifferent may as well be an abstained vote, and like some how some customer survey and feedback information is structured perhaps could be just grouped with no.

Although I think with gathering contextless data it probably should be more "List the following characters in order of most wanted to least wanted".

I can use this an example of the above.

For young link, is it because you dont like him, because he is a clone, or for other reasons?

For me, how I would vote depends on a few things. If he was just like he was in Melee, nope. If he got the Luigi/Roy treatment but had the same core moves (Boomerang neutral B and what not) I'd be indifferent leaning yes however if they gave him a bunch of new specials and moveset I'd vote yes for him.
Mostly because is redundant, we already have a younger, shorter and faster Link.

(I don't have this problem with Lucina and Roy because their gimmicks are different, and also because Lucina is a last minute adition).

Last edited:
yes: Balloon Fighter, Bandana Dee, Takamaru, K rool

no: Pichu, Mach Rider, Shovel Knight, Lip

indifferent: Krystal, Wolf, Young Link

ill just make the list longer and longer daily

Logo12

Smash Lord
Cool, more chance to cast no's

Literally, 3 out of 4 characters I hate/don't think deserves this time.

And just fyi, this is how I determine yes and no:
Yes
7) Personal favorite: Wolf
6) "I think deserves":
5) "I would happily accept": Pichu, Young Link
4) "I wouldn't complain": BDee
Indifferent
3) "I wouldn't care": Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider
No
2) "I wouldn't want": Lip, Takamaru
1) Personal Dislikes: Rest of it

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
King K Rool- yes -by rights should've been in already...so like Wolf except without vet status

Lip- no -rather not...her series doesn't really need any more than its got

Shovel Knight- no -Shantae is my Indie pick have no interest in the others plus Shovel Knight is still new to the gaming world, whereas Shantae has actually been around for a while...

Young Link- no -I've disliked Young Link since melee...any Link clone is just plain unnecessary and we already got Toon Link who I also dislike...I also don't like how Link was one of the more unique characters until baby Link had to come along...

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Yes: King K. Rool (top tier Nintendo villain), Wolf (great character who should come back).
No: Lip (I'd rather have a Tetris Block to represent the much more iconic puzzle game - please don't kill me), Pichu (was a bad roster choice back then, wouldn't be better now), Shovel Knight (far from my third-party standards), Young Link (too redundant it'd be stale).
Indifferent: the rest.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
So what's the deal with Wolf?

During post-release he seemed like the most popular character for DLC, bar none. He had the most votes in that poll on this site from October/November. Aside from the occasional person who thinks of him as just another Fox clone, it seems like everyone wants him back. So why does he almost always score mid-high in ballot polls, and almost always losing to K. Rool?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I voted no to YL and Lip as I think Lip's to underknown, YL is actually TL according to the game. I voted yes to K rool because he should have been in already! Indifferent to SK, I love Shovek knight, but I can understand people not wanting him due to him not being an all star. I could arguee the point to add him, but I won't. So I left it at indifferent.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Voted yes for K. Rool. I was pretty shocked to learn that he didn't make the cut.

Indifferent for Lip, I'm really not quite sure, I like the character, and she's certainly unique but I'm not sure I'd be happy to see her here with such limited space. I also went indifferent for Shovel Knight as I have no real reason to like or dislike him.

I also voted no for Young Link. I really don't like the idea of three Links, and I feel Toon Link is his spiritual successor, although I do think it sucks for his fans. If he got in as a alt for Toon Link/Link I'd be fine, but not as a character.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Voted yes for K. Rool, I shouldn't have to explain this. He has enough star power to justify his position, a heavy weight villain that has a chance to NOT be a superheavy that's cripplingly slow with merely one or two OHKO's you'll never land to "balance" them with feather-weight, combo-happy A listers.

Indifferent on Lip, I know nothing about her.

No on Shovel Knight and Toon Link. Shovel Knight's neat and all, but there are a lot more Nintendo characters I'd take over him (and I'd take Shantae over SK because Shantae started out on Nintendo and WayForward is much closer to Nintendo). Toon Link is Young Link. We don't need 3 Links. He's not Mario here.

D

Deleted member

Yes: King K. Rool, Pichu
No: Shovel Knight, Young Link
Neutral: Balloon Fighter, Bandanna Dee, Wolf, Krystal, Lip, Mach Rider, Takamaru

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yes: Krystal, Lip, Bandana Waddle Dee
Indifferent: Mach Rider, King K. Rool, Wolf, Pichu, Balloon Fighter
No: Takamaru, Young Link, Shovel Knight

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Always heart-warming to Pichu, Young Link, and Shovel Knight get "no"'s

Zekkaran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zekkaran
3DS FC
0791-3028-9167
Update:

Yes: Pichu, King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Ridley, Bayonetta, Ice Climbers, Shante, Squirtle

Indifferent: Balloon Fighter, Shovel Knight, Takamaru, Isaac, Prince of Sable, Ivysaur

No: Wolf, Krystal, Mach Rider, Young Link, Lip, Reckless Safety Man, Paper Mario, Sora, Corrin

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'll just do a short response for now with the characters I've just said
to.
King K. Rool, Pichu, Wolf, and Takamaru.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yes: King K.Rool, Wolf
Indifferent: Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Lip, Mach Rider, Takamaru
No: Young Link, Pichu, Shovel Knight

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Yes: Bandana Dee, Lip, Pichu, Shovel Knight
No: Krystal, Wolf
Indifferent: Balloon Fighter, King K. Rool, Mach Rider, Takamaru, Young Link

If you are taking character suggestions for future polls:
More past veterans, Tiki from Fire Emblem, Chibi-Robo, Inkling, Agumon from Digimon, Anges from Bravely Default, Jibanyan from Yo-kai Watch.

Also, I have a whole list of characters, if you need them.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
My votes so far

YES
Krystal
Lip
Shovel Knight
Takamaru

NO
Balloon Fighter
Mach Rider
Pichu
Reckless Safety Man
Ridley
Young Link

INDIFFERENT
Bandanna Dee
Bayonetta:
Isaac
King K. Rool
Wolf

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Is there a thing where you suggest characters?

Also

Yes:
Ridley
Isaac
Krystal
Wolf
Balloon Fighter
Bandana Dee
King K. Rool
Lip
Takamaru

No:
Pichu
Young Link
Bayonetta
Reckless Safety Man
Mach Rider

Indifferent:
Shovel Knight

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I have now voted
to Isaac.
My first No goes to Reckless Safety Man. Keep in mind that I won't be able to ever have time for voting for all characters on the polls. More to come later.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Yes:
King K.Rool
Ridley
Wolf
Lip
Reckless Safety Man(what's with all the hate? he's funny!)
Balloon Fighter
Mach Rider

No:
Krystal
Shovel Knight
Pichu
Young Link
Bayonetta
Takamaru
Bandana Dee

Indifferent:
Isaac

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Cool, 2 more no's for me.

I'll just update:

And just fyi, this is how I determine yes and no:
Yes
7) Personal favorite: Wolf
6) "I think deserves":
5) "I would happily accept": Pichu, Young Link
4) "I wouldn't complain": BDee, Ridley
Indifferent
3) "I wouldn't care": Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Reckless Wiimote Safety Man
No
2) "I wouldn't want": Lip, Takamaru, Isaac
1) Personal Dislikes: Rest of it

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Voted on all of them.

Most were Yes, a few No's and a couple of indifferents.

:231:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So far, I've voted for the following options for each character, with my opinion in spoiler tags.

YES: Bayonetta, Rayman, Shovel Knight, K. Rool, Ridley, Bandanna Dee, Wolf, Krystal, Isaac

-I'd have no problem if Wolf or Krystal were added - Star Fox could use more characters, I have problems with any unique or mostly unique character being cut, and Krystal would be the clearest example of a Star Fox characters whose moves wouldn't be derived from Fox's.

-K. Rool and Ridley are long overdue, especially given how few villains there are and how much Metroid and Donkey Kong were short-changed in the roster department

-I don't know much about the Golden Sun series, but it seems important and popular enough to be represented, and while I haven't played much of the first game, it seems like Isaac has tons to work with in terms of moves. Add to that his assist trophy being removed for no apparent reason, and I see no reason why he shouldn't be added, not to mention that I'd be pretty excited if he was.

-I'm a fan of the Kirby series, and while Bandanna Dee isn't as noteworthy as the other Kirby characters, he seems to be pretty popular (being playable in the latest game, when even Dedede and Meta Knight aren't), so I'd be okay with his inclusion

-Shovel Knight may be seen as too recent for some, but his game is a love letter to Nintendo classics, and it seems to be the face of indie gaming on the eShop. I enjoyed the game, and I'd love to see Shovel Knight fighting beside or against the characters who inspired him

-aside from Snake, Rayman and Bayonetta are my most wanted third party characters. Both come from fantastic games that, unfortunately, tend to be overlooked, and both have so many options for moves that the problem would be narrowing them down as opposed to trying to come up with something that would work in Smash

NO: Young Link, Pichu, Reckless Safety Man, Lip

-unless Young Link and Pichu are changed in an extremely significant manner for DLC, I don't see the point in including a third Link and a joke character

-not even sure why Reckless Safety Man is an option

-I've seen people describe how Lip could work, but she seems like a weird choice to me; I'm not as opposed to her as the other three, but I see no reason why she should be made DLC

INDIFFERENT: Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Takamaru

-in all of these cases, the characters come from really old games that I haven't played much of. While there seems to be some options for moves, I don't know enough about the characters to get excited if they were added as DLC

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
So what's the deal with Wolf?

During post-release he seemed like the most popular character for DLC, bar none. He had the most votes in that poll on this site from October/November. Aside from the occasional person who thinks of him as just another Fox clone, it seems like everyone wants him back. So why does he almost always score mid-high in ballot polls, and almost always losing to K. Rool?
I don't think Wolf at any moment in time has ever been the #1 spot since we've known DLC beyond Mewtwo was going to be a thing however he's always been top 3 globally. While pretty much most people want and think Wolf will come back, when the smash ballot made it known "You can vote whoever" there are definitely characters in video games that have a larger following compared to Star Fox in general however the fact that only like 1 character has managed to elevate to what appears to be top tier of DLC and Wolf still being voted top 3 regardless speaks incredibly highly.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Yes:
- King K Rool
- Isaac

Indifferent:
- Ridley
- Wolf
- Bandana Dee

No:
- Everyone else

K Rool is my ballot vote so gets a yes. Isaac gets a yes as I think he deserves to be in for somewhat similar reasons to K Rool (though i am unsure if id play him myself). Any character with a no is one I would actively be disappointed to see get in over anyone on the Yes or indifferent list.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'll give reasons too -
Isaac's one of my most wanted now since - having played Golden Sun and think he's one of the characters that should have gotten promoted in the Brawl to 4 transition. Golden Sun would bring a very interesting take to RPGs already in Smash.
King K. because "WHY NOT!!?"

No: Reckless Safety Guy. Nope.avi.

Indifferent - having voted those for Shovel Knight and Bayonetta. Shovel Knight would probably be better off being honoured as a Mii costume, and while Bayonetta would be cool, she'd need to be toned down quite dramatically from her source material to justify an inclusion in Smash 4. For now, I'll just wait for Squidonetta.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Bayonetta: no, doesn't match my third-party standards (she had been pretty successful on Wii U, but she doesn't have enough legacy at this point imo).
Isaac: yes, it'd be sad to see Nintendo neglect a series with a lot of fans, and I've payed the first Golden Sun game and it was an enjoyable experience.
Ridley: I hesitated between yes and indifferent and chosen the later; while I wouldn't mind a vicious pterodactyl on the roster and would be happy to see his support base vindicated from things like "2 BIG" or "no way it'd work in Smash", at the same time I know how much crazy polish Ridley would need to work, not saying it's impossible though. Looking back I should have voted yes, but whatever.
Reckless Safety Man: no, it's just a silhouette from a safety notice that's not even part of a universe. A least Wii Fit Trainer is part of the Wii Fit series.

Summary of my votes:
Yes: Isaac, King K. Rool, Wolf
No: Bayonetta, Lip, Pichu, Reckless Safety Man, Shovel Knight
Indifferent: the rest

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Let's see...

Yes

Bayonetta
Isaac
King K Rool
Lip
Ridley

No
Balloon Fighter
Bandanna Dee
Mach Rider
Pichu
Reckless Safety Man
Shovel Knight
Wolf
Young Link

Indifferent
Krystal
Takamaru

yes: Balloon Fighter, Bandana Dee, Takamaru, K rool, Ridley (top 3 most wanted), Isaac

no: Pichu, Mach Rider, Shovel Knight, Lip, Bayonetta, "RSG"

indifferent: Krystal, Wolf, Young Link

why are we voting on a joke character anyway? we arent voting for DBZ goku are we?

Top Bottom