• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Individual Character Poll: (Poll Extravaganza BOOM BOOM! Top 10 Most Voted!)

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I have even less yeses, only 17. I guess I'm just picky when it comes to Smash Bros characters...
I like to think I'm not, but I guess I am. The only things I'm truly against is repetitive characters, and characters I don't think fit at all (Style Savvy, Reckless Safety Guy), outside of that I'm probably just indifferent to everyone.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
I'm actually pretty surprised with how well Gardevoir has been doing in this poll, at least, compared to some of the other Pokemon. I was expecting an entire flood of nos.

I mean, Gardevoir has more nos than yeses right now but not by an overwhelming majority, it's only by a couple of numbers. It's also surprising how many indifferent votes she has. Indifference tells me that people are at least open to the idea, or otherwise, simply wouldn't mind her inclusion if she were to become playable at one point.

That's pretty cool~ :3

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
Ugh, Pichu has more Yes votes than Sceptile?

If only No votes were a thing on the official Smash ballot...

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ugh, Pichu has more Yes votes than Sceptile?

I hate that a character that is possibly more hated than loved may have a chance, because of the way the ballot is set up.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The nostalgia be stronk with these Pichu fans. :troll:
Not even going to lie, I actually had the guts to say....YES. I would want Pichu back. For goodness' sake, I'm sorry! He's just so cute!:love::love::love::love::love: I can't stand it! Also, I was actually pretty decent as him in Melee...so there's that...:p

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
I hate that a character that is possibly more hated than loved may have a chance, because of the way the ballot is set up.
I know, right? It sucks but it makes perfect sense from their standpoint. They're going to make the most money putting in the most requested DLC, they're not going to make any money keeping out the most hated DLC.

For goodness' sake, I'm sorry! He's just so cute!:love::love::love::love::love: I can't stand it!
Well, I mean, I can't argue with that. Pichu is frickin' adorable.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I know, right? It sucks but it makes perfect sense from their standpoint. They're going to make the most money putting in the most requested DLC, they're not going to make any money keeping out the most hated DLC.
I think it does and doesn't. I'm sure there's DLC that a lot of people like and nobody really hates out there that almost everyone will buy, whereas the really divisive DLC will only be bought by the people that want it (and the ones like me that need everything).

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
I think it does and doesn't. I'm sure there's DLC that a lot of people like and nobody really hates out there that almost everyone will buy, whereas the really divisive DLC will only be bought by the people that want it (and the ones like me that need everything).
That's true. Someone's far more likely to buy a DLC character that they're more or less indifferent to than a DLC character they hate. I wasn't considering that angle. I'm like you, I've gotta buy all the DLC characters. Even if Pichu makes the cut.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
That's true. Someone's far more likely to buy a DLC character that they're more or less indifferent to than a DLC character they hate. I wasn't considering that angle. I'm like you, I've gotta buy all the DLC characters. Even if Pichu makes the cut.
I think with this game, as much as we like to talk and get heated, the vast majority are buying all new character DLC. I know I am. Even if it's dumb like shrek, I don't want to have a smash that doesn't have the most characters it can.

I might have to try whatever the newest hot BrawlEX pack is these days.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I think with this game, as much as we like to talk and get heated, the vast majority are buying all new character DLC. I know I am. Even if it's dumb like shrek, I don't want to have a smash that doesn't have the most characters it can.

I might have to try whatever the newest hot BrawlEX pack is these days.
I think I might draw the line at Shrek.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think I might draw the line at Shrek.
Same, but the most offensive one for me would have to be SpongeBob due to how terribad the new seasons are and how flanderized his personality is. I missed when the show had true quality and was less of a joke (ironically since anything from it is memed these days).

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Same, but the most offensive one for me would have to be SpongeBob due to how terribad the new seasons are and how flanderized his personality is. I missed when the show had true quality and was less of a joke (ironically since anything from it is memed these days).
Spongebob was sooooo good pre movie (the first one). It turned terrible literally the first episode after. Can you believe it's been like that for a decade?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Spongebob was sooooo good pre movie (the first one). It turned terrible literally the first episode after. Can you believe it's been like that for a decade?
Yeah, but Nickelodeon doesn't care and would milk him as much as possible regardless of any low quality episode. The series should have been over since the first season after the movie (when things really started to suck), kind of like a certain Fox show that won't die. Good thing he will never be playable in Smash since Sakurai laughed at that just like he did for Goku.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yeah, but Nickelodeon doesn't care and would milk him as much as possible regardless of any low quality episode. The series should have been over since the first season after the movie (when things really started to suck), kind of like a certain Fox show that won't die. Good thing he will never be playable in Smash since Sakurai laughed at that just like he did for Goku.
Soooooo, all of them?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Soooooo, all of them?
Mostly, Family Guy and The Simpsons being the bigger ones. American Dad is decent (though it's been moved to TBS) while Bob's Burgers is the last good well written animated sitcom that the channel has this day. It's quite the shame too since Simpsons used to actually provide me with that usual Sunday laughter until I began to notice that the new writers aren't really trying anymore. As for Family Guy, we already know how hard the series had fallen since it was uncanceled years ago.

Though it's best to end the conversation here since Blue would want us to be one topic. :laugh:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I don't find Modern SpongeBob that awful, it's not as good as I remember it growing up as a kid though. ((Plus the Grotesqe Humor... Yeah, no.)) Ed, Edd n' Eddy is truly where the good stuff's at though.

If that's the case I am glad it's not. Even Wario Land Wario deserves at least a chance for his fans. ((I still wonder if I should have suggested a Pac-Man World Pac-Man now though as redundant as that may sound))

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

Go vote guys!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I've stopped caring about this game after a few days, but this new formula will allow me to answer the poll much more easily. Here are my results:

1 (no): 1080; 9-Volt; Absol; Adam Malkovich; Adeleine; Aeron; Agent J; Aisya; Alexandra Roivas; Alice; Andross; Anna; Anthony Higgs; Ashley Robbins; Ayumi Tachibana; Azura; Baby Bros; Baby Mario; Bald Bull; Balloon Fighter; Barbara; Birdo; Black Shadow; Blaziken; Blood Falcon; Brittany; Bubbles; Callie & Marrie; Captain Rainbow; Charlie; Chorus Kids; Chrom; Corrin; Crazy Redd; Cross; Daisy; Daroach; Delphox; Demille; Devil; Dimentio; Diskun; Dixie + Diddy duo; Dixie + Kiddy duo; DJ Yellow; Donbe & Hikari; Doshin; Dr. Kawashima; Dr. Wright; Dunban; Eddy; Eevee; Eggplant Wizard; Eliwood; Ephraim; EVR Racer; F-Type; Felix; Fighter Hayabusa; Fossil Fighter; Freya; Galacta Knight; Gallade; Gardevoir; Genesect; Gengar; Giegue; Glass Joe; Goku; Gooey; Groose; Grovyle; Hakkun; Hanafunda character; Harry; Hawlucha; Hector; Henry Fleming; Heracles; Hiro; Jeff; Jill; Jimmy T.; Jody Summer; John Raimi; Jumpman; Kalas; Kamek; Karate Joe; Kat & Ana; King Hippo; Knuckle Joe; Kraid; Kukurin; Kumatora; Lana; Lanky Kong; Lark; Leif; Leon Powalski; Lololo & Lalala; Louie; Lyndis; Mach Rider; Magnus; Marx; Masked Man; Master Hand; Max, Dion and Jack; Matthew; Maya; Metal Face; Metal Mario; Meowth; Micaiah; Mike Jones; Mini Kangaroo; Miror B.; Mokka; Mona; Monita; Mother Brain; Mr. Resetti; Mr. Sandman; Mr. Stevenson; N; Nabbit; New Mii class; New Pokémon Trainer; Nightmare; Nikki; Ninten; Nintendog; Nintendoji; Non-Specific Action Figure; Octoling; Parabo & Satebo; Paula; Pauline; Peppy Hare; Phosphora; Pichu; Pico; Pious Augustus; Plasm Wraith; Plum; Plusle & Minun; Pokémon Trainer; Pokkle; Poo; Prince Fluff; Prince of Sablé; Professor E. Gadd; Professor Hector; Raymond Brice; Reckless Safety Man; Reyn; Rhythm Girl; Rhythm Monkey; Rhythm Wrestler; Rundas; Rusty Slugger; Ryuta Ippongi; Samurai Goroh; Sandbag; Savvy Stylist; Sceptile; Scizor; Shadow; Sigurd; Slippy Toad; Solo Ice Climber; Stanley the Bugman; Star Man; Starfy; Sukapon; Sylux; Toad; Tempo; Tharja; Tiki; Toon Ganondorf; Toon Sheik; Toon Zelda; Urban Champion; Vaati; Vince; Viridi; Waluigi; Wario Land Wario; Wart; Wave Racer; Weavile; Welt; Wild Gunman; Young Link; Zant; Zael; Zip; Zoroark

2 (iffy or meh): Andy; Ashley; Blastoise; Captain Syrup; Cranky Kong; Dark Matter; Dillon; Dr. Lobe; Elma; Excitebiker; Fawful; Ghirahim; Fiora; Hades; Ice Climbers; Impa; Inkling; Isa Jo; Isabelle; King Boo; K.K. Slider; Krystal; Lip; Magolor; Mallo; Marshal; Medusa; Melia; Muddy Mole; Ray MK; Riki; Sami; Sheriff; Skull Kid; Tabuu; Tamagon; Tetra; Tingle; Tom Nook

3 (indifferent or not sure): Bandanna Dee; Captain Toad; Classic Ganon; Dark Samus; Donkey Kong Jr.; Ivysaur; Midna; Paper Mario; Porky; Saki; Squirtle; Takamaru

4 (interesting): Chibi-Robo; Isaac; Ridley; Wonder Red

5 (yes please): Dixie Kong; King K. Rool; Wolf
1 (no): all of them (including non video game characters) with the following exceptions

2 (iffy or meh): Bomberman; Dr. Eggman; Professor Layton; Rayman; Snake; Tails

3 (indifferent or unsure): Banjo & Kazooie

4 (interesting): nothing

5 (yes please): Tetris character (because Tetris is technically third-party you know)
I'm very picky overall, as I'm sure I voted 1 about 80% of the time, a ratio which would become even higher with third-parties :p
Note that this is only for Smash 4 DLC. If we were talking about Smash 5, some of these votes would be different.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's what I voted for the de-confirmed characters. I figured I'd get these out of the way first since they are the least likely. I'll do the more interesting stuff at another point in time.

Ashley: 1
Kamek: 1
Kat and Ana: 1
Meowth: 1
Chrom: 1
Devil: 1
Nabbit: 1
Genesect 1
Nightmare (Kirby) 1
Eevee: 1
Viridi: 1 Hades all day, he's the best character in KI:U.
Mother Brain: 1
Isabelle: 1
Knuckle Joe: 1
Nintendog: 1
Gunmen: 1
Dr. Kawashima: 1
Sheriff: 1
Dr. Wright: 1
Pokemon Trainer: 1
Y.Link:1
Gardevoir: 1
Pichu: 1

Lyndis: 2
Andross: 2
Ghirahim: 2
Phosphora: 2
Metal Face: 2
Magnus: 2
Takamaru: 2
Tom Nook: 2
Ivysaur: 2

Midna: 3.
Tingle: 3, Smash could use a Dan/Hercule.
Squirtle: 3
Toad: 3
Goroh: 3
Zoroark: 3
Riki: 3
Starfy: 3

Jeff: 4
Saki: 4
Sable: 4
Ice Climbers: 4
Solo Climber: 4

Dunban: 5
Ridley: 5(Because why not right?)
Dark Samus: 5(She'd make for a great Wolf-styled character)
Skull Kid: 5.
Dillon: 5
Wolf: 5

Shadow: 0(1 basically)

That's a long post.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Sorry, but just looking at all the "1" votes Giana has... I really hope you people looked more at the character's history.

....If you literally stopped reading after her first game: sorry but... *facepalm*

((Then again I'm just going to guess there aren't many people on these boards who have played her latest games... Or they are still spoiled over Shovel Knight which still baffles me. I think I already said why I think he should wait until a future installment but I won't say it again, honestly.))

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So here's what I voted for the de-confirmed characters. I figured I'd get these out of the way first since they are the least likely. I'll do the more interesting stuff at another point in time.

Ashley: 1
Kamek: 1
Kat and Ana: 1
Meowth: 1
Chrom: 1
Devil: 1
Nabbit: 1
Genesect 1
Nightmare (Kirby) 1
Eevee: 1
Viridi: 1 Hades all day, he's the best character in KI:U.
Mother Brain: 1
Isabelle: 1
Knuckle Joe: 1
Nintendog: 1
Gunmen: 1
Dr. Kawashima: 1
Sheriff: 1
Dr. Wright: 1
Pokemon Trainer: 1
Y.Link:1
Gardevoir: 1
Pichu: 1

Lyndis: 2
Andross: 2
Ghirahim: 2
Phosphora: 2
Metal Face: 2
Magnus: 2
Takamaru: 2
Tom Nook: 2
Ivysaur: 2

Midna: 3.
Tingle: 3, Smash could use a Dan/Hercule.
Squirtle: 3
Toad: 3
Goroh: 3
Zoroark: 3
Riki: 3
Starfy: 3

Jeff: 4
Saki: 4
Sable: 4
Ice Climbers: 4
Solo Climber: 4

Dunban: 5
Ridley: 5(Because why not right?)
Dark Samus: 5(She'd make for a great Wolf-styled character)
Skull Kid: 5.
Dillon: 5
Wolf: 5

Shadow: 0(1 basically)

That's a long post.
Why do you hate Shadow THAT much?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why do you hate Shadow THAT much?
Mostly joking. Though yeah, I wouldn't particularly want to be playable. If Sega got someone else like Capcom got both Mega Man and Ryu, I think there's other good choices.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
If Capcom added Roll instead of Ryu, I wouldn't have have minded another Sonic rep ((and probably Ms. Pac-Man alongside her husband)).

But because things are the way they are... It needs to be a different franchise honestly =U

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If Capcom added Roll instead of Ryu, I wouldn't have have minded another Sonic rep ((and probably Ms. Pac-Man alongside her husband)).

But because things are the way they are... It needs to be a different franchise honestly =U
Same here, same here. Heck, Ryu is awesome in Smash and all, but the hype I would have felt from Roll being included....

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
C'mon if we're going to add another Mega Man character, why Roll? Tron Bonne, Zero, Protoman, Bass, and that's not even including all the other forms of Mega Man that'd be a better choice. Roll is weak sauce.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Bass > All

Why wouldn't you want to play as a black robot that wrecks other robots with his purple wolf sidekick and gets to have Roll to himself? :p

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Bass > All

Why wouldn't you want to play as a black robot that wrecks other robots with his purple wolf sidekick and gets to have Roll to himself? :p
I'd like to see Roll in Smash. If it weren't for Ryu, I'd have thrown a vote her way. Maybe next time. BTW, my love for seeing Roll in Smash, thank Marvel vs. Capcom 1 and 2 for that.

Top Bottom