• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA/KENTUCKY Official PR (Brawl) (as of 7/18/10)

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I'm guessing once a new PR is released, there will be a new thread, unless they want me to keep it updated in here

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Well I know that, but I resigned from the committee, that's why if they DO come up with a new thing, they'll probably make a new thread and lock/delete this one

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hilt got back to me in our group, and they are just figuring out a couple spots and then everything will be announced, so just sit tight, they're gettin' it done!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
That's good to hear.

I'm pretty sure most of this PR is gonna be IN though. KY is booty.
LOOK AT THIS BEEPO PUTTIN KY ON BLAST

MAN MY ROB IS MAD SPICY
I BE STEPPIN IT UP! AND FOR WHA?! JUST TO GET WALKED ALL OVER!
I'VE BEAT THE BIG NAMES!
I'VE BEEPED THE BIG BEEPS!
AND I AINT THROUGH UNTIL ROB BEEPS OVER ALL YOU MOTHER BEEPERS!

p.s. are there any results/wins i need to post?

i know ive beaten infern twice, lost to hilt once, beat him once (but that's mutual ky love), beat scribz once...stuffs like that

doin this kentuckeh thing up in hur.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Infern feels the same way I felt about the god kai dojo.

"I'm surrounded by a bunch of idiots..." and then unsubscribed.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
why you gotta bring my name in to this eric :(

thats it! Oreo mm for $5. Ill let you win if you give me $5
beep him up, ferny!

<oreo3

eh, idc if it counts lol.
im never satisfieds with these PRs anyways!!

out of curiosity tho, do MLG tournies count?
i gots top 33 at one of em, one hit away from 25!

i wanna go to a tourney =[ i hates ky >.< (sometimes)

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
You know what, after actually reading through this thread some...
Joey's right.

Kentucky needs a bounce back and I'm glad that it's not just me wanting that.

I will do everything within my power to get KY back on the map.

I remember when I first started out smashing, I would drive an extra 4 hours out of my way for every tournament just to pick 1 - 3 guys up from Morehead (when I went to UK still). I wanted this scene to grow and I worked my beep off trying to get it to go somewhere.
But lately, as things start to wear out, I've worn out with it. I mean c'mon...for like a year or more I kept placing no better than beeping 17th or something. That was annoying to a stubborn ROB only main who really felt his char had the potential but no one wanted to bring it out in him. Every ROB player I looked up to was beeping negative. So, in result, i got somewhat less motivated in my travels. I didn't feel like I was getting any better. Slow down as I tried tho, I couldn't stop thinking about ROB, probably like Crash doesnt stop thinking about Luigi even though he's spacing away from the scene. But when I'm every bit away from the community, I feel like I'm missing something. I start missing the beep out of you guys, and I start missing the beep out of the idea that ROB can compete with the rest of the cast. I've gotten pretty emotionally involved about it.
Watching my fellow beepos quit because we have such a one dimensional playstyle and everyone knows it. (CAMP CAMP CAMP blah blah blah)
Well you know what, I'm going to give it my all to do for KY what I'm trying to do for ROB and that's putting us back on the map. Whether it be through recruitment, my personal skill level, or what have it, it will happen!

I'm motivated, b!tches. And all hell breaks loose when I'm motivated.

I have a question about the upcoming PR, are you guys going to show what tournaments were considered for this? Is it just a set amount?

<beep3

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Trust me Eric, I've tried helping with the scene as well. None of my friends that played liked the idea of getting lawlstomped over and over again. Maybe, just maybe it's because I have a competitive nature that keeps me into Brawl. Maybe it's because I love the community. I want KY to build a scene, but nobody is willing to put forth the time and/or effort to do anything. I can only go to so many tournaments because of my job situation or lack thereof for that matter. I don't have a car and I spend most of my time on wifi because I have no consistent practice. The KY scene is pretty much dead save for you and the Morehead players.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm reporting you for double post.... noob
k k

Trust me Eric, I've tried helping with the scene as well. None of my friends that played liked the idea of getting lawlstomped over and over again. Maybe, just maybe it's because I have a competitive nature that keeps me into Brawl. Maybe it's because I love the community. I want KY to build a scene, but nobody is willing to put forth the time and/or effort to do anything. I can only go to so many tournaments because of my job situation or lack thereof for that matter. I don't have a car and I spend most of my time on wifi because I have no consistent practice. The KY scene is pretty much dead save for you and the Morehead players.
believe

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
The tournaments that count will be listed. The last tournament that counted was umm... Jake's last tournament. Schwing. The one right after Phael's. I'm not sure when the first event was that counted, but it was awhile ago.

Also I could use some of that motivation too, lol. Starting to not really care about this game anymore.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
If we lose Hilt, then the Louisville smash scene is kaput. Losing Hilt will subsequently cause us to lose Crash and then everyone in this city who plays and is car-less no longer has a person to coordinate and a person to transport.

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
If we lose Hilt, then the Louisville smash scene is kaput. Losing Hilt will subsequently cause us to lose Crash and then everyone in this city who plays and is car-less no longer has a person to coordinate and a person to transport.
you do realize crash does not play competitively anymore right?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think Excel knows, but what he's saying is that if you (Hilt) also left there would be almost no reason for crash to go to tournaments. I'm assuming that he still does (via Nope's) even if he doesn't compete. And since the main force of travel for Excel would be out of the scene (assumption), it means the scene will more or less die.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm aware of this. It would pretty much be left up to me to try and build a Smash scene in Louisville if Hilt quits. Josh doesn't really play competitively anymore and Joey is busy with band stuff.

Top Bottom