• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA/KENTUCKY Official PR (Brawl) (as of 7/18/10)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Quick question, if I enter more tournaments under a different name like, for example, The Great Gonzales, would my name on the PR be changed to reflect this?

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Quick question, if I enter more tournaments under a different name like, for example, The Great Gonzales, would my name on the PR be changed to reflect this?
If I enter tournaments under the alias of Ducky, would I be put on this list pending I placed well enough.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
holy !@#$ mad love for putting Pit as my secondary/double main guys :)

In other news, I cant believe this thread is still alive, I hope to see the next update before school ends, that'd be tight.

Count

Smash Champion
We'd need to revamp the pr, etc. Plus, alotta people inactive at the moment. IN/KY might also need to split with the loss of hilt.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
The PR is going to get a revamp anyway.

Count and Hilt we should talk about this sometime

Also someone else in Louisville should learn how to drive!
Or talk to crash anyway.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I just realized this, but why is Hilt the reason why we should be splitting.

Not having a view on the splitting however. Just curious.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
They're not the only reasons, though. KY still has a strong scene through morehead and green-up.

I don't see why two people quitting = splitting of a region. Hilt and Crash (As awesome as they both are) =/= kentucky's scene.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
They're not the only reasons, though. KY still has a strong scene through morehead and green-up.

I don't see why two people quitting = splitting of a region. Hilt and Crash (As awesome as they both are) =/= kentucky's scene.
Joey has a point. Like they were the reason Louisville had a scene; they don't speak for Morehead and Greenup or Lexington for that matter. I'm still very much active in the scene and with Trevor (Ratch) considering getting involved, I'll be in attendance for more tournaments.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Oh. We didn't respond yet, lol. Talked to Jake awhile back about what should happen with the INKY PR and we decided that there should be a split. In all honesty, I felt that there possibly should have been a split back when I did play too.

Reasoning: The closest, active cities to each other between the two states are Lexington and Indianapolis (or Bloomington). These cities are at least three hours away from each other. And even then, Lexington isn't very active in traveling, outside of Judo who travels every once in awhile. Morehead travels pretty often, but is four hours away from those same Indiana cities. This makes the problems we already had even worse! We recently had difficulties of comparing results between the Indiana players and the Kentucky players. This is something that creates a problem when you're wanting something like a power ranking.

Indiana has the players to have a full power ranking, I feel. If not a full one, a miniature one that's still solid. They are fully capable of breaking apart for a power ranking, unlike they may have been in the past. Crash and myself quitting isn't the cause of the split, stop saying that. Louisville's dormancy as a smash scene is. And until the city picks itself back up from how it is at the moment, expecting to create a power ranking involving two states that rarely have any communication is just a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, though. INKY will not be splitting! We'll still be the same family we were, even if we aren't on the same power ranking and even if some of us don't play the game competitively.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I hope everything works out, then. I would like to see KY and IN flourish with more smashers in the near future, although that's looking very unlikely.

Judo777

Smash Master
Wait wait wait wait................... so we didn't make a PR when we had decided that I WAS elligble and then we put it off until you could say I WASN'T............... I was under the impression that we weren't making one. I mean I don't care that much however it was going to have me at 4th. Sounds pretty sketchy if you ask me.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Listen. We put the PR out because people wanted to see what we had come up with. We put up both where you would be at if you were in it, and what the list would be if you weren't (the only difference being one HM getting tossed into the top ten). This list was a rough draft that people wanted to see, so it was posted. I don't see what the problem is and I don't know why it upsets you as much as it does.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I hope everything works out, then. I would like to see KY and IN flourish with more smashers in the near future, although that's looking very unlikely.
It can most definitely happen. We just have to pull those smashers in. They don't usually randomly show up, not anymore at least. They need to be found and sent to a tourney with our support so if they get *****, they dont disappear for forever, but they have encouragement by us that they, too, can get way better.

Morehead will become more active in the Fall once Greenup gets here.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah I think I have to agree with the split. We're still the same family, sure, but without Louisville we've kind of lost our connection between each other.

There we go. Something more unbelievable. Me being ranked...lol
teehee. Oh, no comments on that list from my perspective.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
It can most definitely happen. We just have to pull those smashers in. They don't usually randomly show up, not anymore at least. They need to be found and sent to a tourney with our support so if they get *****, they dont disappear for forever, but they have encouragement by us that they, too, can get way better.

Morehead will become more active in the Fall once Greenup gets here.
:awesome: Yeah, after we get out of high school we should be becoming more active...But it seems like the others aren't really too active on the boards as it is though. >_<

The_SMILE

Smash Apprentice
:awesome: Yeah, after we get out of high school we should be becoming more active...But it seems like the others aren't really too active on the boards as it is though. >_<
I'm active... Just mostly as a lurker.
And when we gonna have this new Ky pr?
I like to think I might be capable of being on it. :)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sAruCtU75II?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sAruCtU75II?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
hahahaha busted.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hilt making a special guest appearance at GSS, I wish I was able to go now.

I hope you (and the rest of INKY) are doing great!

Also namedropping OUGA on April 15th. :)

Judo777

Smash Master
Aw a PR split. Thats no fun. Btw INKY i have been a terrible smasher in not contacting yu guys. I am willing to try my hardest to keep the scene alive.

Top Bottom