• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Im really hoping that we arent getting roy tbh, I feel like hes so unnessary and I think that smash needs newcommers from dlc because we already got 2 old charecters and the chance for wolf is pretty high with starfox comming out. I mean I dont know one person who likes having clones and having 2 clones would be too much for me.
If he's decloned I won't mind that much tbh. Just pull a project m which changes moves like his f-tilt, up-tilt, down smash, back air. Combine that with the old neutral and side B's then I think he'll be unique enough

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
"Impa has waaaaaay more potential than just "Another Ninja", since Impa has been encompassing so many roles:

-Sage of Shadow
Game: OoT
Moveset potential:

The entirety of the Shadow Temple, including Lens of Truth, Hover Boots and Illusions, shadow magic.
How can you not think Impa will be a clone when she can use invisible guillotines to attack?

-Zelda's Nurse
Game: Almost every one she appears in
Moveset potential:

Huge. Her ties with the Royal Familiy and Hylia means she can use ANY Royal Relic, including major items like the Goddess Harp, The original Goddess Items (Dins Fire, Farore's Wind and Nayru's Love) and the Ocarina of Time.

-Time Traveller
Game: Skyward Sword
Moveset potential:

Since Impa is so associated with time, the Aura Sphere like projectile she uses in Skyward Sword (Diddy Kong has a GIF of it iirc) could make an interesting projectile, that slows time around it.
Even the Gate of Time itself makes for a good timed trap revolving around time.

Impa has also been proven to be able to make a barrier and is the one who teached Sheik her moves (which lends itself for a Deku Nut move)

Admit it, Zelda and Sheik have lackluster movesets when it comes to representing the Zelda series and Impa is the easiest solution.
TLoZ needs their lore, tribes and relics represented in Smash Bros. and no other newcomer than Impa can fix this."

-Me

I support.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
It has never been specifically stated they are ninjas.
Does it need to be stated? They guard the Royal Family in secret, are associated with shadows, use Deku Nuts to vanish like a makeshift smoke bomb.

The last thing I would associate the Sheikah with are samurai.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Well, I know transformation characters have been taken out of Smash, but a nice opportunity to bring it back would be to have Impa use the Giant Sword & Naginata and switch between each using Down-B. She could have 2 entirely unique movesets in one character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I know transformation characters have been taken out of Smash, but a nice opportunity to bring it back would be to have Impa use the Giant Sword & Naginata and switch between each using Down-B. She could have 2 entirely unique movesets in one character.
I thought of combining both movesets by the usage of elemental weapons, being summoned by Impa through magic, kind of like how Greninja does it, but with both the water and fire elements. Water for the Giant Blade and fire for the Naginata.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
IMO, they will put Hyrule Warrior Impa in as she can easily be her own character with issues of being either a clone or a skin, but thats just me. She would play different from other sword characters because her Great Blade is different than most swords. Also, she could wield the Naginata

sadn3ss

Smash Cadet
ive been so hyped for the possibiltity of impa so i think im gonna sketch out some concept art ideas

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You know, since Impa is the Sage of Shadow, she could take some cues from the Shadow Temple's weaponry:

Neutral B: Gargoyle Fans:
These fans blow Link away in the temple, and these could be used to get the opponent away from the defensive bodyguard ninja.
While Sheik Fairs you off-stage, Impa will strategically get the opponent off her and strike when needed.

Side B: Floormaster
The first walking command grab.
Floormaster will crawl around and throws everybody he encounters behind him.
Think MechaKoopa X Yoshi Egg Launch

Up B: Hover Boots
Impa can now walk on air with the Hover Boots freely, but falls down after a time when she equips the Iron Boots.
These Iron Boots stick around for a while too, making her slower and making her fall faster, but also allowing her to unleash a powerful kick attack.

Down B: Invisible Walls and Invisible Spikes
BOOM. The opponent bashed against one of Impa's traps.
Impa's traps can only be seen when the Lens of Truth is activated, but otherwise, the traps are covered as if playing Invisible Smash!

Final Smash: Bongo Bongo
Impa plays her bongo and..
Obvious Final Smash, but she has more potential amirite?

Other:

Jab: Fire Eye

The familiar eye switch appears in front of Impa, hiding behind it.
When someone comes close, the eye spews fire.
When the eye is hit, it closes its eyelids and dissappears.

Forward Smash: Guillotine:
Impa summons a Guillotine to Smash opponents

Down Smash: Din's Fire:
Impa uses the original Din's Fire to light two torches at her sides.
When the torches hit the opponent, it has strong knockback and the classic Zelda theme plays.

Up Smash: Whirling Scyte:
Impa summons a big ferry wheel that whirl scytes quickly above her.

Some of these things are scraping the bottom of the barrel, but this is only a small part of Impa's legacy in Zelda.

sadn3ss

Smash Cadet
I hope impa ( as cool as it would be) doesnt has to summon alot of things for her attacks because lose attack tend to be laggy and not useful i mean look at zeldas new down b

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What if she was holding a Timeshift Orb with her at all times and used it for magical based attacks that slow down time?

These things?

She'd hold one up with magic similary to how she used that magical orb attack to seal the Time Portal in the Vs Ghirahim cutscene.

The Timeshift Stones and the whole Lanayru area of Skyward Sword are extremely important plot stuff in Skyward Sword after all. Seeing as Impa is literally a time traveller from that time the Timeshift Orb reveals, I think it would make a lot of sence. And it would represent Skyward Sword as a whole ideally. It would also give Impa her unique gimmick, and it would translate with her character extremely well.

I think I prefer this over Hyrule Warriors Impa actually. And I hope everyone who votes for SS Impa could keep this in mind when filling in reasons why she should be added.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
What if she was holding a Timeshift Orb with her at all times and used it for magical based attacks that slow down time?

These things?

She'd hold one up with magic similary to how she used that magical orb attack to seal the Time Portal in the Vs Ghirahim cutscene.

The Timeshift Stones and the whole Lanayru area of Skyward Sword are extremely important plot stuff in Skyward Sword after all. Seeing as Impa is literally a time traveller from that time the Timeshift Orb reveals, I think it would make a lot of sence. And it would represent Skyward Sword as a whole ideally. It would also give Impa her unique gimmick, and it would translate with her character extremely well.

I think I prefer this over Hyrule Warriors Impa actually. And I hope everyone who votes for SS Impa could keep this in mind when filling in reasons why she should be added.
That would be cool, I just hope she wouldn't be made a slow character because of it

Although if you're lugging a huge orb into battle it can't really be helped but still

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'd really like that for Time Slowing Smashes or even Jab as the ultimate get off me move.
This is so much more than a simple projectile.

I cannot stress enough how many moveset potential Impa got, it even nears K. Rool tier

That would be cool, I just hope she wouldn't be made a slow character because of it

Although if you're lugging a huge orb into battle it can't really be helped but still
She'd carry it with the force.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes she'd carry it with magic, which would slow her down somewhat. She could have a playstyle where she has the attack speed of Sheik, but the mobility of Zelda. She would rely on slowing down time to combo to her full potential. She could also use the same magic to summon spears and swords like in Hyrule Warriors maybe which would make her a much more appealing character. She could combine zoning, spacing and combing to the fullest potential making her an ideal Zelda / Sheik hybrid.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yes she'd carry it with magic, which would slow her down somewhat. She could have a playstyle where she has the attack speed of Sheik, but the mobility of Zelda. She would rely on slowing down time to combo to her full potential. She could also use the same magic to summon spears and swords like in Hyrule Warriors maybe which would make her a much more appealing character. She could combine zoning, spacing and combing to the fullest potential making her an ideal Zelda / Sheik hybrid.
I love the idea of giving her not too much mobility!

It would make her a bit more defensive playstyle (Bodyguard) instead of Sheik's "LOL FAIRFAIRFAIR"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly, if she was fast like Sheik and be able to slow down time, plus have her barrier and projectiles that'd be straight Top Tier potential. Her being somewhat slower, yet with great jumping and air speed and fast moves without much lag could make her really unique. I'd love a character like this, and make her my secondary straight after Diddy.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The idea behind summoning swords and spears with magic sounds quite appealing actually, sort of like Greninja except with shadow magic instead of water...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shadow magic, the blue light magic from Skyward Sword, or both fire and water as in Hyrule Warriors, or a combination of everything maybe? They could do a great deal with her to make her moveset extremely flashy looking.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Shadow magic, the blue light magic from Skyward Sword, or both fire and water as in Hyrule Warriors, or a combination of everything maybe? They could do a great deal with her to make her moveset extremely flashy looking.
Or normal Light magic, since she's connected to the Royal Family.

She could definitely be the character Zelda and Sheik should've been.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda already has Light, Ganondorf has the Darkness element, am definitely hoping to see Impa with something else. I could see them using the blue magic and make it similar looking to Lucario's Aura and Ike's blue fire.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Zelda already has Light, Ganondorf has the Darkness element, am definitely hoping to see Impa with something else. I could see them using the blue magic and make it similar looking to Lucario's Aura and Ike's blue fire.
I imagine it'd just be Zelda's coloured Blue although a Lucario-esque aura could work

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Since Roy is most likely coming back, how do you guys think Young Link's chances are now? And if he would get in, could Impa still make it regardless? I am personally just hoping Roy came back cause of his popularity...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Thing is Young Link has vet status over Impa and seeing as (with Roy's possible return) melee vets are getting quite a bit of love from Sakurai this time around, with that said Young Link has pretty much been replaced with Toon Link and unless Sakurai wants to completely revamp Young Link with a Majora's Mask moveset (I don't see it happening especially with transformations removed) I don't think it'll happen...

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Since Roy is most likely coming back, how do you guys think Young Link's chances are now? And if he would get in, could Impa still make it regardless? I am personally just hoping Roy came back cause of his popularity...
Marth, Roy and Lucina are all different characters so I think it works unlike Link, Toon Link and Young Link are basically the same person

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Marth, Roy and Lucina are all different characters so I think it works unlike Link, Toon Link and Young Link are basically the same person
Actually, Toon Link is a different Link from a different timeline, with a completely different personality (or should I just say has a personality hehehe). Link and Young Link are the same person.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Actually, Toon Link is a different Link from a different timeline, with a completely different personality (or should I just say has a personality hehehe). Link and Young Link are the same person.
I meant to say character not person

Also Link in Smash 4 and young link are also different people too

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well in SS, its probably Zelda. Don't know about the other games though. BTW do you think Nintendo would use the HW design of Impa or the SS or OoT
They would most likely use SS Impa because it is Canon to the franchise...though HW Impa's design was based on SS...

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Personally, the best way a Lens Of Truth move could be used is if it was used to find hidden Zelda items on the battlefield, allowing Impa to use them.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess the item would just fade into view with the sheikah mark glowing behind it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I personally would love the HW design because I think it looks the coolest although I wouldn't mind the SS Impa (but she don't have dat big sword dough).
But she has magic, and if she's able to use magic, and HW Impa also uses magic to summon spears of fire, and swords of water, it isn't too much out-of-character for SS Impa to be summoning swords and spears through magic either right?

Top Bottom