• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I personally prefer the HW design. It just looks cooler to me. Although the SS Impa design makes Impa look like a ninja type of character which is what she is supposed to be. Also do you guys think Impa will be in Zelda Wii U.
She was in Skyward Sword, then a Link Between Worlds and then Hyrule Warriors which are the last 3 Zelda games. It kinda feels like they're trying to hype her up as a major character in the franchise like Link, Zelda and Ganondorf

Also the stuff Diddy said

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There's no doubt she will have a role in the new Zelda game considering how big of a world it's going to be (she'd have to be there somewhere), but the question is what role will she play...if she play's the warrior/guardian similar to how she did in Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time her chances go up when it comes to smash, but if she plays the old nursemaid such as in other games then that's a problem...
I definitely prefer her as a warrior/guardian of some kind as it makes her character much more interesting...although it seems that her old nursemaid seems to be exclusive to the Fallen Hero's Timeline...and based on the gameplay seen for Zelda Wii U it appears the game may be within the Child Timeline...

The Zelda franchise is obviously branching out and characters such as Impa are garnering more attention within the games no doubt...It could very well be possible that Aonuma and co have found a good enough identity for Impa given the positive reception from Skyward Sword to work with for the future...

Imagine how things would've turned out if Old Man Impa became a thing in TP...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am pretty sure she's at the very least going to be a Sage. And seeing as her role was as a nursemaid in her old woman form in ALBW, it seems to me more likely that the young warrior Impa would be chosen for this game instead. Has anything specific been said about where Zelda Wii U will be placed in the timeline? It seems to me that it is based on the Hyrule that Skyward Sword Zelda and Link started. Or that could be me, wishfully thinking. Anyway, with the world being so big indeed there's far more room for Impa. So I still think we'll see her in some waynor form.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Am pretty sure she's at the very least going to be a Sage. And seeing as her role was as a nursemaid in her old woman form in ALBW, it seems to me more likely that the young warrior Impa would be chosen for this game instead. Has anything specific been said about where Zelda Wii U will be placed in the timeline? It seems to me that it is based on the Hyrule that Skyward Sword Zelda and Link started. Or that could be me, wishfully thinking. Anyway, with the world being so big indeed there's far more room for Impa. So I still think we'll see her in some waynor form.
It seems to be after twilight princess, the map bears a striking resemblance to it, even featuring Snowpeak which is exclusive to that game. Plus we've seen what looks like the bridge of eldin

Here's a video explaining it btw:

Last edited:

sadn3ss

Smash Cadet
thinking about the idea of zelda branching out I really am thinking we might see sheik in this game I mean she came back from brawl ( though prob because she had been here for so long) but didnt she have concept art for some game becuase that would show they are open to the idea of having her back. Sheik is my favorite zelda charecter i mean who doesnt have found memories of finding out it was really zelda and i think she is very popularr as a charecter and seeing her in 1080p 60 fps would be amazing( even though we already see her like that in zelda)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
thinking about the idea of zelda branching out I really am thinking we might see sheik in this game I mean she came back from brawl ( though prob because she had been here for so long) but didnt she have concept art for some game becuase that would show they are open to the idea of having her back. Sheik is my favorite zelda charecter i mean who doesnt have found memories of finding out it was really zelda and i think she is very popularr as a charecter and seeing her in 1080p 60 fps would be amazing( even though we already see her like that in zelda)
Sheik's current design in Smash is based on unused concept art for Twilight Princess...
I personally do not think Sheik will return simply because the point of Sheik is to hide Zelda's identity and since just about every Zelda fan knows Sheik=Zelda it kinda ruins the mystery...
The only way I can actually see Sheik happening is if we get a game were Zelda is the protagonist and we end up playing as Sheik in a way to disguise Zelda amoung commoners or something...(would be awesome not gonna lie)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If they where aiming to bring Sheik back in Twilight Princess, I think they could very well try and bring her back this time. It's basically now, or never. I imagine they'd try and make the game as appealing to the core Zelda fans the most. And a good way to do so is include insanely popular characters, as Sheik, Ganon / Ganondorf ('Dorf seems more popular however) and of course Impa to. I think there is little chance for Sheik to appear without there being Sheikahs, so Impa will most likely be there to if Sheik is present. Who else of the Sheikah is close with Princess Zelda? Oh, there are no Sheikah we know of outside of Impa and Sheik? Guess we'll have to stick to them then ;)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
If they where aiming to bring Sheik back in Twilight Princess, I think they could very well try and bring her back this time. It's basically now, or never. I imagine they'd try and make the game as appealing to the core Zelda fans the most. And a good way to do so is include insanely popular characters, as Sheik, Ganon / Ganondorf ('Dorf seems more popular however) and of course Impa to. I think there is little chance for Sheik to appear without there being Sheikahs, so Impa will most likely be there to if Sheik is present. Who else of the Sheikah is close with Princess Zelda? Oh, there are no Sheikah we know of outside of Impa and Sheik? Guess we'll have to stick to them then ;)
You know what would be awesome. If there was a small village of Sheikahs you have to visit in the game. Like Impa wants you to meet up with her in her home village to take on some dungeon together.

sadn3ss

Smash Cadet
You know what would be awesome. If there was a small village of Sheikahs you have to visit in the game. Like Impa wants you to meet up with her in her home village to take on some dungeon together.
I totally agree i would love more sheikahs introduced but maybe nintendo wants to keep them shrouded in shadows maybe thats part of there apeal

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I totally agree i would love more sheikahs introduced but maybe nintendo wants to keep them shrouded in shadows maybe thats part of there apeal
I don't care about more important sheikahs being introduced. I just want to see the race of sheikahs interacting with Impa or Sheik.
I can imagine them talking to Sheik.
Sheik-"Hi, my name is Sheik"
Sheikah elder-"Wow, very original name."

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kakariko Village was originally founded by the Sheikah, so it would make a lot of sence actually...

Speaking of the Sheikah and theories about them, I found this article earlier when I tried to use Google to enter this thread : http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/07/traitor-of-light-the-first-sheikah/ . This was written before Skyward Sword's release, real interessting point of perspective. Definitely worth checking out!

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind if they brought in more Sheikah's, hell maybe they could explain what the hell happened to them proceeding ocarina of time

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't mind if they brought in more Sheikah's, hell maybe they could explain what the hell happened to them proceeding ocarina of time
All that is really known about them is that the Sheikah served under Hylia, otherwise Impa would never be chosen as Hylia's chosen warrior to travel time.

I'm now watching your video about Zelda Wii U's world map though! Really interessting stuff! If Kakariko Village, Death Mountain, and Hyrule Castle + Town are back, I am quite 99,88% sure that Impa will be back to! Thanks for sharing again. I'm often not too motivated to watch videos longer than 5 minutes, but this time it was worth it :laugh:

Anyone read the link I posted in my last post though? Cause I think there's a very interessting point the writer of that article mentoined, the indentity of the Dark Tribe that's mentoined in Twilight Princess. Sheikahs could very well be involved in this, or the Twili could literally be the Sheikah traitors who lusted after power too much, and where banished to the Twilight Realm. Both tribes are asociated with dark magic after all.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
God I can't wait for this new Zelda. I hope they use a lot more character like Impa and the sheikahs in that idea that I said above. Tingle would be awesome as well in the new game and I'd love Beedle to run a traveling caravan in the game. Imagine the towering Death Mountain and Gorons living in Goron City, Zoras swimming around in a beautiful Lake Hylia and Zora's Domain, and some Kokiri or Deku living in the luscious Lost Woods.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We can post wishlists here for Zelda Wii U right? I mean, this thread is easily the most active Zelda-related thread. Gotta say that I always am excited to see (new) people posting here after a while of absence to! Really am feeling right now that we've got a solid little group of (non-bandwagoning) Impa supporters here, so props to you all!

Wish List Zelda Wii U:

- Impa to appear as a major character involved in the story. Being a fully playable character might not happen, but I'd take her as bodyguard, general of Hyrule's knights and Sage as well. A combined role of all these, also cool. And I want her to be in her younger warrior self, or make her middle aged like in Ocarina of Time, but battle-worn.
- Ganondorf being there, and being as annoying as Ghirahim in the main story. Or at least, having to fight him more than once, as the final battle. Ganon also should be present, and not as the boar, but as the trident swining wizard pig.
- Customisable weapons system like in Skyward Sword
- Complex combat system like in Skyward Sword
- Secret Sword Techniques like in Twilight Princess
- Dungeons being so big and intense it can take a week to finish one
- Make all items usable in later stages of the game, like Skyward Sword did it

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
We can post wishlists here for Zelda Wii U right? I mean, this thread is easily the most active Zelda-related thread. Gotta say that I always am excited to see (new) people posting here after a while of absence to! Really am feeling right now that we've got a solid little group of (non-bandwagoning) Impa supporters here, so props to you all!

Wish List Zelda Wii U:

- Impa to appear as a major character involved in the story. Being a fully playable character might not happen, but I'd take her as bodyguard, general of Hyrule's knights and Sage as well. A combined role of all these, also cool. And I want her to be in her younger warrior self, or make her middle aged like in Ocarina of Time, but battle-worn.
- Ganondorf being there, and being as annoying as Ghirahim in the main story. Or at least, having to fight him more than once, as the final battle. Ganon also should be present, and not as the boar, but as the trident swining wizard pig.
- Customisable weapons system like in Skyward Sword
- Complex combat system like in Skyward Sword
- Secret Sword Techniques like in Twilight Princess
- Dungeons being so big and intense it can take a week to finish one
- Make all items usable in later stages of the game, like Skyward Sword did it
Voice acting please, it's time. Link doesn't even need to talk, just make everyone else talk

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Zelda Wii U wishlist?...oh boy...where do I start?

-Impa-as a warriror guardian of some kind, not old lady nursemaid, Impa's more interesting as some sort of guardian character especially since she could be more involved with the story

-Ganondorf/Ganon-perhaps as mentioned from Diddy's post where he actually does stuff in the main story...also perhaps Ganondorf could be as the story progresses slowly turning into his Pig form like his power is becoming unstable or something and at the end is when the beast emerges...or something...i dunno...

-Zelda is more involved with the story-Skyward Sword is on the right track...not quite there but getting there...Other games like Spirit Tracks and Wind Waker were close to the mark as well...but seriously though does Zelda ALWAYS need to get kidnapped? I mean she is supposed to be wise afterall....

-Midna-won't happen, but one can dream, I'd want her to return in a future title at some point...The twili race as well, but it seems as if they and the sheikah cannot co-exist if the theory that they descended from the Sheikah is true...unless time travel is a thing which it actually is, as shown in OoT, MM, and SS...

-The Hyrulean Language-ie actual Voice acting beyond grunts, moans, screams, and one word phrases...but in the Hyrulean language...both Midna and Fi (and Zelda's singing in SS) proved it can be done (in their own languages of course) so why not go the extra mile...heck even have each race speak in their own language...the gorons and Zoras must have their own languages...This way translating won't be as big of a pain since it's just the written text boxes and not the actual vocals that will be changed...

-Weapon Upgrades/customization-something like from Skyward Sword except on another level where you can actually choose from cool designs perhaps based on different materials you find or a mixture between them

-Advanced Sword Techniques-much like TP but on a more advanced level, even some more magic based attacks as well insteead of just a stronger spin attack

-Optional Dungeons-yes, Zelda has plenty of side dungeons here and there where you can get hidden treasures and such but I mean fully fledged Dungeons with bosses and actual useful items/treasures/power-ups etc. Perhaps in some dungeons you can help certain characters that can aid you in your quest but are not involved with the main story so they are not required to complete the game...this way the players has a choice of completing just storyline dungeons which could be about 8 or 9 depending or complete a total of say 20 or so...

-Better Fishing-like much better, first getting your own fishing rod and using it anywhere without renting, and not the Anti-Ganondorf(lol) rod from TP I mean a proper fishing rod, perhaps with upgradable gear and proper fishing tackle one can collect, and being able to catch dozens of different species of fish and perhaps even keep them in a live or something for selling/food prep etc

-Customizable clothing-Link's green tunic can still be implemented, but imagine having your own gear you buy from various stores throughout Hyrule and be able to create your own commoner's gear, and be able to wear it anywhere, Link's Green Tunic could be required for certain dungeons and areas, perhaps you won't be able to enter without wearing the hero's garb or something so Player's will not completely disregard it, or it could have defensive benefits on top of other clothing or something...Speaking of

-More Things to BUY-seriously, at the end of other games you could have 2000 or so rupees with nothing to buy sure there are potions and stuff but most people will have no place to put it because their 20 bottles are all carrying fairies or spring water or something...perhaps Link can buy Safe Houses in different areas of Hyrule and store potions and items and stuff in each house, these could act as check/warp points for fast travel as well, it looks like this is going to have a huge area for traveling so fast traveling/warping is almost guaranteed...

-Collectable data-in Metroid Prime you have the scan visor and you can collect lore and creature data, which was one of my favourite parts of the game, perhaps in zelda U link could have a journal or something and 'collect data' in a similar fashion, perhaps after reading a book or defeating enemies and be able to read about them later in the journal, I'd imagine some side quests where you can go out and 'find all secret things of important something or other' or 'caught all fish in Lake Hylia' or something of the sorts...and some NPC's in game can give you rewards for certain things collects or observed...

-Hidden Lore-in addition to all of the collectible stuff there should be lots of hidden lore scattered throughout Hyrule, perhaps finding tidbits of stuff on several historical events and races, perhaps some more information on the Sheikah hidden in some area or some sort of mythic stories and such from other hyrulean races...

-DLC-want more dungeons? weapon upgrades? character side quests? clothing customizations? give us more through DLC...people will buy!...(these are all extras in a similar fashion to Smash DLC where they weren't intended for the final game)...man my wallet must hate me...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe have the option to turn off the Hylian tongue? I have my honest doubts though that they will ever give Zelda voice acting. They would've done so ages ago.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Skyloft is already there. It represents Skyward Sword well enough, even though Impa never went there in person. Which shouldn't really matter, because neither did :4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik::4tlink:.

As for a Final Smash:

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Maybe have the option to turn off the Hylian tongue? I have my honest doubts though that they will ever give Zelda voice acting. They would've done so ages ago.
Or maybe you could switch between the Hylain language and English, like how Starfox 64 let you switch between English and Lylat speech.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That could work to I guess? Am pretty certain though that Zelda Wii U content will be skipped for the next generation of Smash. DLC just won't be able to cover it I think. It has a lot of potential to mainly influence Smash 5 more than anything. Hence why Impa now stands a better chance than ever. We just need to keep voting for Impa because even though she's generally accepted, nobody really has her as their most wanted character ever.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Still haven't played Hyrule Warriors but I just love Impa's character in Skyward Sword. Played that a few months ago and just finished watching a Let's Play of the game today. Made me think of her potential as a character in Smash once again. It would be so nice for her to get in at some point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I never played Hyrule Warriors either. And because of that I support Skyward Sword Impa above Hyrule Warriors Impa as well, but her getting in would just be awesome in either way. I just think that her having a moveset based on Skyward Sword is best suited for both representation as a Zelda character, and to help establish her role better in the Zelda series.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
speaking of...

Been working on and off on a moveset for Impa...some of these may or may not be loosely based on the OP suggestions...This moveset is mainly derived with Skyward Sword in Mind but garners inspirations from OoT as well...

:GCA:
A-a quick arm chop
A(hold)-repeating arm chops (like ZSS but slower FR)
A+A-Finger Thrust
A+A+A-upper palm thrust (with shadow energy)
A(mash)-repeating arm chops followed with a quick arm thrust
:GCN:
Tilts
ftilt-forward kick
dtilt-low leg sweep
utilt-eye of the sheikah (like peach's utilt)(drags opponents from the ground)

Dash Attack-Elbow Thrust

Get-Up Attack-Leg Sweep on both sides

Ledge Attack-forward flips strikes with heel

:GCCN:
Smashes
fsmash-Shadow Palm (like Mewtwo's fsmash, but faster with less range and power)
dsmash-Seal of Shadow (goes into a quick praying stance (reminiscent of OoT) and slams her hand onto the ground while a circle of light energy on the ground (the seal of shadow) does damage, sort of works like Robin's Down Smash but slightly slower start up and does just one powerful hit)
usmash-An upwards Shadow Blast (fsmash just upwards)
:GCY:
Aerials
nair-sex kick
fair-forward heel drop (spike)(Snake's dair but faster)
dair-foot stomp (spike)
bair-backwards kick (like pretty much any character that kicks backward; fox, falco, ZSS, etc)
uair-eye of the sheikah (like utilt, with same properties)
:GCZ:
Grabs
-no tether grab
pummel-quick elbows

fthrow-palm thrust sends opponent forward
dthrow-slams opponent to the ground and blasts with some weaker shadow energy
bthrow-Tomoe nage (this) then flips back on her feet
uthrow-upwards palm thrust
:GCB:
Specials
Neutral B-Light of Hylia
-holding up her hand (like in SS) charges an orb of light, with her other arm crossed over her opposite shoulder, chops at the orb to shoot it...acts similar to Snake's grenades, blast is stronger the more charge it has

Side B-Hover Shift

-reminiescent of the Hover Boots, Impa glides horizontally, covers 1/3 of FD...she can use any action while gliding except for specials and jumps
-will glide horizontally with no freefall if in the air

Down B-Protective Barrier

-with her plams outwards she puts up a barrier depending on the direction she facing
-acts similar to Pit's sheild from brawl, but with a slight pushback and not hurtbox

Up B-Time Portal

-a small portal (like a mini gate of time) appears around Impa as she enters and warps
-Portal remains until Impa fully emerges elsewhere (works kinda like Farore's Wind)
-portals have two distanct hurtboxes, outside will damage with little hitstun (almost like walking into ROB's Gyro) but if caught inside opponent will be warped with Impa, but is dealt heavy damge...the reverse will happen if Impa catches the Opponent upon reemerging and will Warp back to origin point...Portal will disappear after dealing damage

Final Smash
Timeshift Frenzy
-With the use of the timeshift stones and shadow magic Impa unleashes a barrage of attacks on her opponents if trapped, she fades in and out seemingly time traveling in between attacks with a flurry of kicks, slashes, shadow magic, etc...until the devastating final blow sends them flying...
:GCDpad:

Taunts
Up Taunt-poses as shown in the Wind Waker mural with the Eye of the Sheikah appearing above her head
Side Taunt-Impa dons the Mask of Truth, and crosses her arms
Down Taunt-does a circle with her hands showing a 'gate of time' pattern around her then poses as shown in Ocarina of Time when the sages seal Ganondorf

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still should do that Impa moveset but I keep procastinating about it... Anyway, nice moveset Bobert.

sadn3ss

Smash Cadet
damn its been a while since ive seen activity here but today i had a thought what if roy dlc is just a alternate marth costume its unlikely but it could open the doors for impa costumes for sheik

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
damn its been a while since ive seen activity here but today i had a thought what if roy dlc is just a alternate marth costume its unlikely but it could open the doors for impa costumes for sheik
Alt costumes don't get their own victory themes though...so Roy DLC is likely going to be as a playable character...
Unfortunately one of the simpler possibilities for Impa is as an alt for Sheik...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't be upset personally if Impa ended up as an alt for Sheik. I wouldn't exactly like the idea either, but it's better than nothing at all. And I honestly doubt that they would bring back Roy only as an alt to Marth. That'd be quite insulting, and I doubt they'd give him fire-effects only for one alt.

Anyone here still voting?

sadn3ss

Smash Cadet
I still am I really want impa in this game and it may be her only choice becuase it seems like all the other zelda charecters are very establshed and wont go anywhere if we get another game

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I still am I really want impa in this game and it may be her only choice becuase it seems like all the other zelda charecters are very establshed and wont go anywhere if we get another game
Impa is established. She's been in the series since the beginning and is one of the most reoccurring characters (after Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf). Only others would be Tingle.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Lately I've been feeling more and more optimistic about Impa's chances....considering (not just the new Zelda game and her possible role within said game) but Zelda's 30th Anniversary next year...and (unlike for Metroid) Nintendo actually does try to celebrate Zelda anniversaries...
Besides Link, Zelda and Ganon; What other character has been apart of The Legend of Zelda since the beginning?

*Gohma!*

Ok...besides bosses...Impa of course...What better way to celebrate Zelda's longevity than by putting a DLC fighter that represents Zelda's history (to an extent)? Of course this wouldn't be the only way they'd celebrate it, but one of many things they could do...

Top Bottom