• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm "leaving" Lucas. Why? *OLD THREAD STOP POSTING*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

the moon
I think we should probably let this one die and make a real lucas chat thread. Something like "let's talk about omelets" or something.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I think we should probably let this one die and make a real lucas chat thread. Something like "let's talk about omelets" or something.
But if we do that, the moderators will realize what we're doing and shut us the heck down.

...LE'S DO EET

Levitas

the moon
chat threads are usually fine. in fact, it was endorsed at the start of brawl because a spam thread can easily keep 3 more from being started.

Also, it'll increase the activity of the lucas boards which is good.

If you guys don't want to start it, I'd be willing to.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Heck yeah.

I think all of the tourney goer Lucases here should choose a tournament that's going on in the coming months, and then we all just drive there on the same day and invade the place with our Lucas-mainage. And we all change our tags to OMLET, and spread the gospel of breakfast.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat for future tournaments. Suddenly Lucas is top tier.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I'll take it your refering to the omlets thread? I like this one more for the excessive flaming of someone.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I know what you mean.

I consistently use low tier characters with somewhat mild success. One day I decided to use Snake and D3, holy crap at the difference. If you want to win money, play top tiers. If you want to win respect, play Lucas.

Also I wish I'd known I should get some popcorn before reading the entire thread.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Isn't it strange in the difference of how much you have to try?

While I have to use precision when I play Diddy, I still feel like I'm not trying nearly as hard.

LSDX

Wah!
Where is our good ol' TC. I feel bad for the guy, he's probably rummaging through the Snake Boards with the rest of the twelve year old scrubs who have never even touched a Metal Gear game..

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Isn't it strange in the difference of how much you have to try?

While I have to use precision when I play Diddy, I still feel like I'm not trying nearly as hard.
The difference in effort is almost comical. When I'm snake, it's mostly just wait for the opportunity to ftilt, ftilt, grenade shield, then uptilt. Stock done.

What's that? I got combo'd 50 percent? No biggie, I'm snake.

If I was Lucas I'd be cursing.

Jarun

Smash Cadet
i think that really, it should be the character you have the most fun playing truthfully that you should play and try to improve on

LSDX

Wah!
i think that really, it should be the character you have the most fun playing truthfully that you should play and try to improve on
That is true to an extent, but if you are playing with a character to try to win based off how good they are (not that there is anything wrong with that), that could be considered kind of scrubish *cough* Metaknight...
No johns, I actually like Metaknight as a character.

Personally, I play characters based off who they are instead of playstyle. If I were to play for their movesets, it'd be like playing an empty shell with a bunch of attacks, but that's just me.

Levitas

the moon
Your opinion is typical of your postcount. If you decide to stay with the community for a while and want to get competitive, you'll start to understand the situation better.

That is true to an extent, but if you are playing with a character to try to win based off how good they are (not that there is anything wrong with that), that could be considered kind of scrubish *cough* Metaknight...
No johns, I actually like Metaknight as a character.

Personally, I play characters based off who they are instead of playstyle. If I were to play for their movesets, it'd be like playing an empty shell with a bunch of attacks, but that's just me.
You've got your definition of scrubbish backwards. A scrub is someone who won't do whatever it takes to win and shed all bounds. Refusing to main a high/top tier on the basis that they're unfair is the actual scrub philosophy here.

As with most lucas/ness players, I do play them because of who they are, but I will not hesitate to play as a good character if I feel it's necessary.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I play Lucas because I like the character, and love the Earthbound games. I'd rather just be good with the characters I enjoy playing the most, who are Lucas, Diddy Kong, and Fox. I know it's scrubbish to refuse (not really refusing, at that point in the game, it's lost it's fun for me to have to switch to win) but I'd rather be known as a good Lucas player, not another Meta Knight.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
.....But, in all honesty, who will notice a good Lucas player if you're not good enough to win tournaments? I doubt you'll do too well against an MK that's anywhere near as good as you are.

Iwan

Smash Ace
haha. I actually plan on picking up lucas.....

As for your placings at 4 tournaments being the deciding factor to you "quiting" lucas? I've been to one tournament with Peach. the ECRC C3 event in Ashburn VA that happened recently. DSF teamed with M2k...chillen was there, Chu, Azen, also a lot of MD and VA's top players, players from texas, the best players from new york, florida. The best players in the world were at this tournament.

I main peach, and placed 49th of 97. 1st brawl tournament I've gone too. Now, you could chalk it up to Peach being a better character than Lucas in this particular argument, and with her fair and her dair along with float, she is. But how much better? She's still low/mid tier. She sucks at KOing. She has flaws, and she's certainly not top tier, but in a tournament with stupid, stupid competition, I managed to place at least middle of the pack.

I saw a lucas player there, not sure if he's even known very well because I'm new to the Lucas boards. Okin....and he made lucas look really good. He took a game from Lobos, the best Toon link on the east coast and arguably the best one in the Nation. Okin took a game from him, in a seemingly bad match up for Lucas. Putting together 38 percent "combos" (whatever you'd like to call them in brawl).

Point I guess I'm trying to make in this rant (sorry....lol), is that anyone CAN be great with any character. Of course if you put more time into a higher tier character you'll end up placing better. But is it worth it to play a character you don't enjoy as much? Look at it this way: you haven't made it past the first round yet, right? If that's the case, you're either getting screwed by the brackets, or you just aren't very good with lucas. If you absolutely can't win with Lucas, then I guess switching would be a good idea, but if you can get better with lucas....it'd be more enjoyable to main lucas, but aslo have a secondary along the lines of snake or metaknight (this was a run on sentence. lol).

And also, why pick up snake lmao? Why not just go the whole 9 yards and pick up metaknight? DSF didn't even use snake in singles at C3, he went DDD/metaknight.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
haha. I actually plan on picking up lucas.....

As for your placings at 4 tournaments being the deciding factor to you "quiting" lucas? I've been to one tournament with Peach. the ECRC C3 event in Ashburn VA that happened recently. DSF teamed with M2k...chillen was there, Chu, Azen, also a lot of MD and VA's top players, players from texas, the best players from new york, florida. The best players in the world were at this tournament.

I main peach, and placed 49th of 97. 1st brawl tournament I've gone too. Now, you could chalk it up to Peach being a better character than Lucas in this particular argument, and with her fair and her dair along with float, she is. But how much better? She's still low/mid tier. She sucks at KOing. She has flaws, and she's certainly not top tier, but in a tournament with stupid, stupid competition, I managed to place at least middle of the pack.

I saw a lucas player there, not sure if he's even known very well because I'm new to the Lucas boards. Okin....and he made lucas look really good. He took a game from Lobos, the best Toon link on the east coast and arguably the best one in the Nation. Okin took a game from him, in a seemingly bad match up for Lucas. Putting together 38 percent "combos" (whatever you'd like to call them in brawl).

Point I guess I'm trying to make in this rant (sorry....lol), is that anyone CAN be great with any character. Of course if you put more time into a higher tier character you'll end up placing better. But is it worth it to play a character you don't enjoy as much? Look at it this way: you haven't made it past the first round yet, right? If that's the case, you're either getting screwed by the brackets, or you just aren't very good with lucas. If you absolutely can't win with Lucas, then I guess switching would be a good idea, but if you can get better with lucas....it'd be more enjoyable to main lucas, but aslo have a secondary along the lines of snake or metaknight (this was a run on sentence. lol).

And also, why pick up snake lmao? Why not just go the whole 9 yards and pick up metaknight? DSF didn't even use snake in singles at C3, he went DDD/metaknight.
lol
Okin is too good.
thing is... he plays lobos all the time, so they know how each other play. it really takes away from the win. Besides... i've beaten Lobos multiple times before in friendlies lmao.
oh and snake covers all of lucas' bad matchups as a secondary.
yeah he shuld just pick up MK, but as you said he should play with whom he feels comfortable. wait... why are posts still being made in this thread? lol
oh and if you do pick up lucas you should like go to our matchup discussion and stage counterpicks and blah blah you know stuff to help... but not our stickies they're like dirt old lol.
oh except for the guide by tyr. that's probably our best guide we have.

Iwan

Smash Ace
lol
Okin is too good.
thing is... he plays lobos all the time, so they know how each other play. it really takes away from the win. Besides... i've beaten Lobos multiple times before in friendlies lmao.
oh and snake covers all of lucas' bad matchups as a secondary.
yeah he shuld just pick up MK, but as you said he should play with whom he feels comfortable. wait... why are posts still being made in this thread? lol
oh and if you do pick up lucas you should like go to our matchup discussion and stage counterpicks and blah blah you know stuff to help... but not our stickies they're like dirt old lol.
oh except for the guide by tyr. that's probably our best guide we have.
Will do sir.
thanks haha.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to sound rude, but leaving Lucas after 4 tournaments just because "you're not winning" and because "DSF said so" sound like pretty lame reasons.

But do what you like... I guess... :dizzy:

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
that DSF sounds like an *******. I mean come on.

"lucas sucks bullocks since he's low tier. Quit him and use a top tier snake. You'll win all the tourneys! LOLOOOL."

"Play to win" is such a very... negative statement. Ok, quit lucas since you lost your first four tourneys. That's fine.

and M2k is a prick too. He only uses the very highest characters (MK).

let's all jump on the broken characters bandwagon.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
DSF is actually a fairly nice guy. He just jokes around a lot. And KrazyAzn, if you want to win you should pick up "broken" characters.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Closed by request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom