• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm "leaving" Lucas. Why? *OLD THREAD STOP POSTING*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Pit is also up there... He is easy to pick up and everyone in this board underestimates him since there are rarely any good players that aren't beginners using him who spam arrows and angel ring so it should be easy to suprise people with his skills.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Wow guys, way to be nice.

To Marceux: If you have a problem with me, say it to my face. If you think I'm full of ****, call me out. Also, your "challenge" can go bother someone else. I negate your existance, because you no longer matter to me.

To Levitas: Thanks.

Everyone else: Later, have fun with Lucas.

I'm out.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
We've all said our peace, and whatever, but just so I don't make a complete nemesis out of Natch, couple last things to clarify, just for him: Natch knows alot; that is true. He is not dumb. Also, my challenge was for you to get better and improve and learn from your experiences. I wasn't directly asking you to beat me. I don't matter. But you've already plainly said that.

Peace out, everyone.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
This reminds me of something that happened to me. I think I'll post it here, because it is a very similar situation:

At the start of Brawl, I told myself that I would use my favorite characters. My goal in Brawl is to be known for the characters I love, regardless of their tier.
I selected Lucas as a main (because I played Mother 3 beforehand and loved it) and stuck with him while dabbling in Lucario and Olimar.

Then came the disappointments. I lucked OUT in HOBO 10 (Houston, TX tourney) where an easy bracket earned me 17th out of 118 people. At HOBO11 I never made it out of pools, and I've been doing poorly in friendlies in the Dallas area and I felt lacking. In smaller tournies I was getting knocked out very quickly.

I had a conversation with 2 of my Dallas area smashers, who convinced me to go top tier at HOBO12 to see what happens. I picked up, and trained fervently w/ GW for about 2 weeks (not much time, I know). I had fun with him, and liked the character.

2 Nights before HOBO, I talked with some of my Dallas buddies again. They didn't want me to make a mistake. I could go in there and play a mediocre GW, or I could go in there and be the best Lucas I can bring to the table.

Bwett1 reminded me that the journey of a low tier character can (and will) bring many frustrations. He also told me that it wasn't worth scrapping my ideals just to try and place a little higher, and he's right.

I brought my Lucas to HOBO12, and got 17th out of 59. Not an excellent place, but many of Texas' best were there, and my bracket wasn't scrub-filled this time, either.

I'm noticing improvements in my Lucas, and I conquered the temptation to play a better character with the help of my Dallas smashers.

I'm not playing to win. I'm not playing to win money. I'm playing to be a **** good Lucas who turns heads for going against the grain.

If this means being world renowned for having a Lucas that ****s up every top tier that gets in his way, then so be it.
If this means being a top ranked player, so be it.
If this means being a mediocre player, or a scrub, so be it.
If this means NEVER breaking the barrier of 17th, so be it.

This is my goal. This is my character. This is The Lucas.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Good preptalk, Pheonix.

I tried to switch mains in early october from Lucas to GAW/Luigi, but it failed. My story is that I suck with every character in Brawl cept for Lucas. I'm decent with Wario, DDD, Ness, and Roy; it's just that my Lucas outshines them all.

Next tournament I go to I WILL place in the TOP FOUR. LUCAS ONLY. I WILL prove Lucas is a tournament viable character if it's the last thing I do.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
I must sound like a critical a** but the Lucas Boards don't really compare well to the other character forums in terms of organization and just clarity. Our weekly match-up thread is a joke, etc, etc. But this is not the soapbox to stand on when addressing the faults of our little corner of the Smash Universe.

Though I gotta say our NEW AND IMPROVED Video Comp. is a notch above others, and Tyr_03 gave us a great guide. But it feels like our boards needs something more.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I must sound like a critical a** but the Lucas Boards don't really compare well to the other character forums in terms of organization and just clarity. Our weekly match-up thread is a joke, etc, etc. But this is not the soapbox to stand on when addressing the faults of our little corner of the Smash Universe.

Though I gotta say our NEW AND IMPROVED Video Comp. is a notch above others, and Tyr_03 gave us a great guide. But it feels like our boards needs something more.
Hey, at least we have one that actually moves onto another character in a timely fashion, which is more than I can say for alot of the baords.

Levitas

the moon
When you have a small community with an even smaller subset of competitive players, this happens.

There are what, like 10 lucas players that go to touraments? and like 4 or 5 actually post here?

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I think we'll be okay, as long as we stick together. And we can **** well sure
push Lucas to his limit in the tournament scene, as long as we all
remain faithful in our low-tier liaison *looks into crowd for nonbelievers*.

I don't see any problem with our match-up thread. And Blackbelt is right
about it moving along swiftly. Most other boards are only halfway through the cast while we, the Lucas boards, are on rotation 27, 26?

I think we might want to change the format and consolidate our efforts (since there ARE 2-3 matchup threads if I remember correctly). I think it was the Olimar boards that had a format for their matchup thread that was very polished.

Is our other thread still under overhaul? What's that about?

I know this is kind of not the place, but I wanted to bring this stuff up.
I want our board to be a place where we can double check our findings
with great ease, a place where noobs can go and get a quick boost
in their Lucas game, a place where other passers by stop in and think
"wow, these Lucas mains have their **** together for SURE!"

That is all.

Oh, and if there's anything I can help with/do to improve the Lucas
boards, let me know. ;)

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Zman also started a stage counterpicking thread which really helps for the tourney goers
i totally agree with phoenixalpha and marceux. i always come here to see if anyone has thought of anything new, but to no avail. It doesn't even need to be something new. just something to improve my game. it just seems like our metagame is at a standstill. Irsic started the grab release --> dtilt --> fsmash thread, but no one is really testing it. dtilt lock, though situational, is really easy to pull off and almost always leads to a kill (they DI away, then fsmash, or just a walking dtilt lock to the edge then fsmash). just ways to better apply what we have.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
When you have a small community with an even smaller subset of competitive players, this happens.

There are what, like 10 lucas players that go to touraments? and like 4 or 5 actually post here?
And 1-2 players that actually place well in tournaments.

I'm just here to prepare everyone for the tournaments that they go to. Above all else, I'm really trying to help improve the community and people as a whole.

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
And 1-2 players that actually place well in tournaments.
And 0-1players that beat Metaknight lolz. Maybe one day we lucas players will discover something that drastically improves our tournament capabilities
**looks up at top tier, and cries a little on the inside**

If it makes anyone feel better, I placed first at my college's brawl tournament with lucas. It was mostly noobs, but at least a lucas got first.

Levitas

the moon
Justblaze, that's a bit naive for you to say.

I'm here to try to ensure greater quality in the intelligence and content of posts here.

I also correct statements that are obviously incorrect. It'd be nice if those two things cause the lucas players here to get better, but it shouldn't have a tremendous effect.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
lucas is like fully sick.. if you short jump, up air and then fast fall... keep doing that and it becom's a grinding move

Noraa

Smash Lord
i missed a tourny today =/ stupid college hw T_T.
But OKIN is going to it so thats a good rep for lucas....

i have/can get top 10...i need like 3 more lucas's to be able to do it with me =]

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master

i have/can get top 10...i need like 3 more lucas's to be able to do it with me =]
i shall become a frequent tourney goer and rep lucas to the best that i can.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Every time I actually plan to go to a tournament - something comes up. I hate it. I was planning on going on Nov. 22nd to one, and of course, my friend decides to switch concert dates and now I can't go anymore. Pretty pissed off about it, but I really want to go to this concert.

NEXT TIME. I'm going. >_<

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator

If I could go to a tournament and not take last place I might go to more. But I don't wanna give Lucas a bad name, so I'll leave the tourney-going to the people who are actually good. :chuckle: I got to the quarterfinals of my first tournament, but it's been downhill from there.

Xeijin

Smash Rookie
The only possible advantage someone with a low tier character could possibly have is Match-Up Advantage and the lack of practice against certain characters.

That said, Teba, who uses D3 and Shiek in tourneys over here in SoCal has taken sets of DSF's Meta Knight with Shiek in tourney. There are videos and results somewhere around here. I'm not saying that people can play really well and win tournaments with Lucas, but there are exceptions to every rule, it's just very rare that YOU (Lucas main that thinks they can beat M2K's D3) will be the exception.

-----

Now, about Natch. I've been to a couple of tournies that Natch has been to, and I'm sick and tired of you, Natch. Not only do you feel the need to unnecessarily name drop people you've spoken to but you seem to think you're some kind M2K waiting to happen just because DSF said so. I've seen you play in tournament, and you choke. M2K, even in the early days did not choke as much you do. M2K also learned from his mistakes, and you kept repeating the same ones over and over again. Also, you're thick-headed and arrogant. You had the nerve to come up to me and tell me, "Wow, your Lucas is good, maybe as good as mine" when I had already lasted longer than you in tourney, and I had beaten people that were completely WRECKING you in friendlies. Then for some reason you felt the need to compulsively distribute "advice" that no one wanted to hear, and was not even good.

You've said in the past that "[you] probably know more about the game than everyone else in the room" when people like DSF, Leepuff, and BoA were standing not two feet away from you and you did not even know who they were until someone had to point it out. Granted, you did say you had problem executing the things you knew, but again, like I said earlier, you choke, you come up with the lamest and most pathetic excuses ever, and you talk down to people when you're on the bottom of the **** totem pole.

Oh, and when DSF said you're like M2K 2.0, it was only in reference to data, and for the most part, I'm pretty sure he was joking. The guy says things just to say them and although he can be helpful, its pretty much common knowledge that other players are not going to help you by telling you things, but rather by kicking your *** in tournament.

Natch, prove me wrong. I don't like hating on people but you're incredibly annoying and you're just not aware of it because people are nice to your face. So my challenge to you is prove me wrong. Get good with Snake/Lucas/whatever and just learn by being quiet and playing. Beat me in tourney and tell everyone on this board. Become a better player and stop being a strained nerve in my head whenever I see you.

BTW, your Lucas "advice" is another example of you unnecessarily sharing redundant information that anyone on this board can read in the tons of other threads that repeat the same garbage. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to be this whole thread was just a way to build credibility for you to share your info and become some sort of Lucas' Deserting Savior. You're not. PK Fire Brickwalling fails against Meta Knights, Marths, and Game and Watches - Lucas' hardest match-ups. Pit's arrows work because of the maneuverability of the arrow and the less of a lag after the attack. Learning kill percentages should be common sense. Yadda yadda yadda.

Sorry for everyone else that had to read this but this guy is just THAT annoying in person.
I have to say after reading this I 100% agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom