• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you were to see a new character at the next nintendo direct who would it be?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think Palutena, a FE13 character or Takamaru are the most likeliest to be revealed next.
I see alotta people mention Takamaru i find it abit weired a Retro getting revealed unless hes planning to get revived..

Retro chars seem like they should be kept secret till release but hey it is possible i do think it can happen so yh.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I had a dream about a potential Chrom trailer next so ...

Well we'll see....

Last edited:

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
Want: Bandana Waddle Dee
Expect: ... Ridley? (If he gets confirmed, I'll search all over the web for the butthurt comments from the toobigots. It'll be a glorious day:awesome:)

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Want: Bandana Waddle Dee
Expect: ... Ridley? (If he gets confirmed, I'll search all over the web for the butthurt comments from the toobigots. It'll be a glorious day:awesome:)
Indeed, the best part about the Ridley reveal won't be Ridley himself, it'll be rubbing Ridley on the face of the toobigots.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd definitely want it to be Isaac.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I see alotta people mention Takamaru i find it abit weired a Retro getting revealed unless hes planning to get revived..

Retro chars seem like they should be kept secret till release but hey it is possible i do think it can happen so yh.
That wouldn't really be weird, I mean, the retro rep in Brawl (Pit) was in the game's main preview trailer. Granted, his series was revived, but still, it wouldn't be weird.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I think ridley will be saved for E3. Probably someone known but not as hyped up as ridley or mewtwo.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm expecting Palutena soon.

Hoping for Isaac or Paper Mario.

Also hoping for another WTF character soon, I love surprises. For me, Wii Fit Trainer's announcement was one of the best moments in the hype for this game, along with Little Mac.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Takamaru has a lot going for him and the fact that this game now has Captain Rainbow references (where he was arguably the second most important character in the game) just adds to the pile. I've said this in other threads but, even as a retro character and a Japanese exclusive, he has significantly more factors going in his favor than Pit did before Brawl. This is why I personally expect Takamaru to be revealed by the end of E3.

As for the next character revealed, I'm going to go with Palutena.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Palutena, Professor Layton, or Dillon. But that's all just hopes.

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
Now I'm just making a prediction here but based on that fat mac trophy we just saw I'm starting to think that we'll see Captain Rainbow next. It's kinda cool to see obscure characters but my preference is for Mike Jones from Startropics

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Takamaru, if today's pic of the day is leading anywhere.

D

Deleted member

I'm betting my money on a Nintendo Direct happening next month. I predict:
-Takamaru- Ninja Castle Anniversary
-Palutena- Popular request
-Chrom- Fire Emblem Anniversary
-Shulk- Anything X related shown in the Nintendo Direct could tie into Shulk getting confirmed
-Dixie Kong- She could get confirmed since April is the closest to February, thus she could get confirmed in April to still promote Tropical Freeze

Who do I want to get confirmed? Shulk (or Bomberman, but he's a dream :().

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom