• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you were to see a new character at the next nintendo direct who would it be?

Peekolow

Smash Cadet
if it was me, it would be a new zelda character. maybe toon zelda, i am looking forward to see if she makes an apperance. she can transform into sheik. what is your opinion?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'd want it to be Palutena I think, or Pac-Man. If Mewtwo would be in a Direct, him.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I think this should be in character discussion. Everyone posts their threads in the Wii U section, it causes a huge mess.

andimidna

Smash Master
Palutena.
And I am very against the idea of adding Toon Zelda. I don't see how people actually think they'd make her unique if added.
Toon Link is a clone.
Tetra was called Toon Sheik in Brawl's data.
That's enough, really.
And the Zelda Newcomer shouldn't be shown before Ganondorf.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Ghirahim, because we need someone with a sense of fashion on the smash bros roster.

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
As much of a long shot these guys are sharing a spot, I would love to see a duo team of Chrom and Lucina joining the battle. The tag team system in Awakening was really cool and it would be neat for it to get acknowledged in Smash, plus we need a kick*** swordswoman like Lucina in this game.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
My unlikely predictions: Tharja and Tingle.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The more characters that are confirmed the less likely I feel the characters I want will be added. That being said. I'd love it if Palutena was finally confirmed. We will probably just get some other newcomer that I don't care about... Oh well

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
After Little Mac's reveal I would assume they would go for something that Japan can appreciate more, so maybe a new Fire Emblem character? Not sure what's popular over there atm.
I think Ridley will be revealed along with ssb4's release date for that extra hype, though I'm not expecting that to be any time soon.

Staarih

Smash Master
Indeed, after Little Mac who is apparently more popular in the west, they might want to cater to Japan to even it up. So Ridley's a no no in that case. A Fire Emblem character (I say Chrom) could work, or Takamaru. Or Palutena finally.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For people saying ridley will not be revealed in a direct

Unless the direct is April 18th very likely

(Because April 18th is the super metroid anniversary and if a direct is the same day and sakurai tweets about it Ridley may be the one revealed at it) but overall E3 is the most likely

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
For people saying ridley will not be revealed in a direct

Unless the direct is April 18th very likely

(Because April 18th is the super metroid anniversary and if a direct is the same day and sakurai tweets about it Ridley may be the one revealed at it) but overall E3 is the most likely
There's also E3.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley is of course the guy I'd want to be shown the most, but I don't see him being next, he'll likely be held off for quite a while yet. Likeliest guess would be Palutena, since she's already semi-confirmed via a leak they might want to tie up the loose ends.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Toad:c. But seeing as he is unlikely, I'd like to see Ridley or Paper Mario.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I'm excepting palutena if it's a newcomer. But if it's a veteran then someone like yoshi or maybe mewtwo.
If it is the metroid anniversary ridley would be nice.

LMacPunch

Smash Rookie
NNID
LMacPunch
I want Palutena and Isaac the most, but any newcomer will do just fine to be honest.
... except for Mii's. Those need to to burn in hell!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
My guess is Chrom, because April is FE's 24th anniversary. I could be wrong, however.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't think Yoshi will be in a direct.
Palutena- March
Chrom & Lucina- April
And then E3
I don't think we'll be seeing newcomers without a direct. As it currently stands, the only newcomer not revealed through a direct was Wii Fit Trainer, but even then, that was still at E3, a notable event.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena. Only Palutena. I've been waiting too long for this potential moment.

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't think we'll be seeing newcomers without a direct. As it currently stands, the only newcomer not revealed through a direct was Wii Fit Trainer, but even then, that was still at E3, a notable event.
There won't be a direct in March? You don't expect news to start coming increasingly faster until release?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'd like either Ridley, Krystal or K.Rool...Krystal just to shut up the people who insult other people's tastes by calling them 'furries'.

Top Bottom