• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Using the OP's format:

Veterans:
From Smash 64:
1. Mario
2. Donkey Kong
3. Link
4. Samus
5. Yoshi
6. Kirby
7. Fox
8. Pikachu
9. Jigglypuff*
10. Captain Falcon*
11. Luigi*
12. Ness

From Melee:
13. Peach
14. Bowser
15. Zelda
16. Ganondorf (as decloned as physically possible)*
17. Falco*
18. Pichu (decloned and buffed some)*
19. Mewtwo*
20. Ice Climbers*
21. Marth
22. Mr. Game & Watch*

From Brawl:
23. Wario*
24. Diddy Kong
25. Toon Link (decloned some)*
26. Meta Knight*
27. King Dedede*
28. Charizard
29. Lucario*
30. Ike*
31. Pit
32. Olimar*
33. R.O.B.*
34. Sonic*

From Smash 4:
35. Rosalina (renamed)*
36. Bowser Jr.*
37. Greninja
38. Lucina (decloned some)*
39. Robin*
40. Palutena*
41. Little Mac
42. Villager
43. Wii Fit Trainer
44. Shulk*
45. Duck Hunt*
46. Mega Man*
XX. Mii Fighters (the three types)*

Newcomers
From Nintendo:
47. Krystal (Starfox)*
48. Shyguy (Yoshi)*
49. Stork (Yoshi)*
50. Honedge (Pokemon)*
51. Inkling (Splatoon)
52. Paper Mario (Paper Mario)*
53. Isaac (Golden Sun)
54. Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
55. Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)*
56. Nintendoji (Nintendoji)*
57. Mii (Wii & 3DS)

From Elsewhere:
58. Rayman*
59. Bomberman*

Reasoning:
-Sheik has been cut not due to lack of playstyle but simply because, without connection to Zelda, she holds no relevance anymore. Sorry.
-Pichu Returns due to the individuality of his playstyle, with some reworking to increase playability and the originality of his moves.
-Mewtwo returns due to sheer popularity.
-Ice climbers make it in on both counts, despite no major titles in decades.
-Zero Suit Samus has been cut due to having no real reason to be in in the first place. She adds little to the series, represents what is generally considered the worse side of Metriod (Other M and the like) and entered solely as a gimmick which has since become obsolete.
-Dark Pit and Doc were just fillers, no need to see them back.
-And 3D Pacman was an abomination that should never have existed. They implemented that character well but he bears no resemblance to the original Pacman games he is meant to represent.
-The Mii Fighters have been relegated to unlockable status to allow for actual Miis representing actual Mii games to join. Playing with these will unlock SSB4's Mii Fighters by "teaching them combat styles".
-Krystal is here because Starfox desperately needs a rep with some individuality and she can provide oodles.
-The Shyguy is here to represent video game henchmen in their many forms, as well as potentially existing for download play like in Mario Kart DS.
-The Stork, on the other hand, is something of a WTF character, while also making total sense like Wii Fit Trainer does. In a sense, it is the most important character in the Baby Mario games, yet, like the Trainer, is barely given attention by the player.
-Honedge brings obvious individuality of fighting style.
-Inkling and Wonder Red rep hot new series'.
-While Paper Mario shows off an old, comical one, making as much use of his 2D abilities as possible while still reaining Mario.
-Isaac is simply a classic hero of games that need more love.
-And Chibi Robo is a zany, interesting addition from the past.
-Nintendouji represents Nintendo spinoffs in many and probably fights using others' in-universe items.
-Rayman has already shown himself worthy.
-And Bomberman is the only other cult classic I can recall of the caliber Sakurai seeks.
-There would have been a few more changes but restrictions were placed upon me.

Troykv

Smash Master
Using the OP's format:

Veterans:
From Smash 64:
1. Mario
2. Donkey Kong
3. Link
4. Samus
5. Yoshi
6. Kirby
7. Fox
8. Pikachu
9. Jigglypuff*
10. Captain Falcon*
11. Luigi*
12. Ness

From Melee:
13. Peach
14. Bowser
15. Zelda
16. Ganondorf (as decloned as physically possible)*
17. Falco*
18. Pichu (decloned and buffed some)*
19. Mewtwo*
20. Ice Climbers*
21. Marth
22. Mr. Game & Watch*

From Brawl:
23. Wario*
24. Diddy Kong
25. Toon Link (decloned some)*
26. Meta Knight*
27. King Dedede*
28. Charizard
29. Lucario*
30. Ike*
31. Pit
32. Olimar*
33. R.O.B.*
34. Sonic*

From Smash 4:
35. Rosalina (renamed)*
36. Bowser Jr.*
37. Greninja
38. Lucina (decloned some)*
39. Robin*
40. Palutena*
41. Little Mac
42. Villager
43. Wii Fit Trainer
44. Shulk*
45. Duck Hunt*
46. Mega Man*
XX. Mii Fighters (the three types)*

Newcomers
From Nintendo:
47. Krystal (Starfox)*
48. Shyguy (Yoshi)*
49. Stork (Yoshi)*
50. Honedge (Pokemon)*
51. Inkling (Splatoon)
52. Paper Mario (Paper Mario)*
53. Isaac (Golden Sun)
54. Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
55. Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)*
56. Nintendoji (Nintendoji)*
57. Mii (Wii & 3DS)

From Elsewhere:
58. Rayman*
59. Bomberman*

Reasoning:
-Sheik has been cut not due to lack of playstyle but simply because, without connection to Zelda, she holds no relevance anymore. Sorry.
-Pichu Returns due to the individuality of his playstyle, with some reworking to increase playability and the originality of his moves.
-Mewtwo returns due to sheer popularity.
-Ice climbers make it in on both counts, despite no major titles in decades.
-Zero Suit Samus has been cut due to having no real reason to be in in the first place. She adds little to the series, represents what is generally considered the worse side of Metriod (Other M and the like) and entered solely as a gimmick which has since become obsolete.
-Dark Pit and Doc were just fillers, no need to see them back.
-And 3D Pacman was an abomination that should never have existed. They implemented that character well but he bears no resemblance to the original Pacman games he is meant to represent.
-The Mii Fighters have been relegated to unlockable status to allow for actual Miis representing actual Mii games to join. Playing with these will unlock SSB4's Mii Fighters by "teaching them combat styles".
-Krystal is here because Starfox desperately needs a rep with some individuality and she can provide oodles.
-The Shyguy is here to represent video game henchmen in their many forms, as well as potentially existing for download play like in Mario Kart DS.
-The Stork, on the other hand, is something of a WTF character, while also making total sense like Wii Fit Trainer does. In a sense, it is the most important character in the Baby Mario games, yet, like the Trainer, is barely given attention by the player.
-Honedge brings obvious individuality of fighting style.
-Inkling and Wonder Red rep hot new series'.
-While Paper Mario shows off an old, comical one, making as much use of his 2D abilities as possible while still reaining Mario.
-Isaac is simply a classic hero of games that need more love.
-And Chibi Robo is a zany, interesting addition from the past.
-Nintendouji represents Nintendo spinoffs in many and probably fights using others' in-universe items.
-Rayman has already shown himself worthy.
-And Bomberman is the only other cult classic I can recall of the caliber Sakurai seeks.
-There would have been a few more changes but restrictions were placed upon me.
What does it mean the "*"?

Troykv

Smash Master
Among the topics to be revived yesterday forget to comment on this one xD... Anyway.

Asterisks were for unlockable characters.
Wow... I do not know how not occurred to me before xD

Anyway ... I wonder what would have to have a special Pichu in the game again (even if somewhat to limit its damage to himself, perhaps only certain attacks would that effect, obviously you can notice with thunder)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I wonder what would have to have a special Pichu in the game again (even if somewhat to limit its damage to himself, perhaps only certain attacks would that effect, obviously you can notice with thunder)
I'd like to see it remain on atleast the majority of his moves but, at the same time, he definitely needs some serious buffs to balance it out.

The most obvious thing is giving him a little more speed and mobility but I don't know how much affect that would actually have. More likely to impact gameplay would be what most people like to suggest: more damage and knockback. I say no to this outright because Pichu should not be stronger than his evolved form. The third option, my own personal favourite is to buff his range. Things like extending hitboxes to include his ears and making Skull Bash fire him further.

With more range, Pichu would have a really high level of disjoint on his moves, atleast in proportion to his tiny hurtbox size, making him very hard to approach and giving him a lot of aggressive potential, held in check by his self harming nature. Think Flare Blitz the character. You have speed and range and can hit your opponent from practically anywhere but, if you let them dodge you, you're at a great disadvantage so you're forced to play it safe and wait for openings. This, in turn, keeps your opponent comparatively safe as they look for openings themselves.
In such a match up, neither player can let themselves become predictable because if Pichu does the opponent can dodge and hit back for a quick kill and if said opponent does then Pichu can rack up hits easily with the range without fear of missing.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Captain Toad
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Link
Zelda
Sheik
Impa
Skull Kid

Ganon (Modified moveset)
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Waddle Dee
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Lucina (Modified moveset)
Playable character from the latest Fire Emblem before Smash 5
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Pokemon from the latest game before Smash 5
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt
Mach Rider or Excite Bike Racer
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow (Takes some of Ganon's old moveset)
Ness
Lucas
Olimar
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Inkling
Wonder Red
Character from a New IP that comes out between now & Smash 5

Pac-Man
Sonic
Bayonetta
Mega Man
Phoenix Wright or Ryu (Street Fighter)
Solid Snake
Simon Belmont
Rayman
Banjo & Kazooie (If Phil Spencer is still head of Xbox by Smash 5 or if the next head is just as cool)

New additions are in bold obviously.

Now for my reasons for adding characters:

Captain Toad gets added because Toad deserves to be in the game & it might as well be the version that just got a new game that could potentially be a new sub-series.

Waluigi is a popular character that could serves as a rep for the various Mario spin-offs. He could have moves based on Mario Kart (using MK items), Mario Party & the various sports games.

The Donkey Kong series definitely needs more reps, Dixie & King K Rool are the most popular picks & for a reason. Dixie has been in a majority of the games & even a star of one. While, K. Rool would add a much needed villain to the roster.

The Zelda series definitely needs some reps that aren't Link/Zelda/Ganon. Impa & Skull Kid seem like good choices; Impa could have moves based off of Hyrule Warriors & Skull Kid could be a nice N64 rep which there aren't any currently.

Metroid also needs more reps, preferably one who isn't a Samus. Ridley is really the only choice. Screw the "LE RIDLEY IS LE 2BIG" meme, he can easily be scaled down to being a bit taller than Bowser. He could have a unique moveset too as he'd be a reverse Little Mac & be better in the air than on the ground.

Waddle Dee is another popular choice & it'd be nice to get another Kirby rep.

The Fire Emblem & Pokemon choices are a bit obvious as those series get new reps in each game since Melee.

Mach Rider or the Excite Biker would be another NES rep. I think it'd be unique to find a way to get a racing game character in the game with a moveset based around racing (Sorry Cap!).

I think it's about time that Ganon got a more Zelda accurate moveset, but at the same time his playstyle has gained a following so why not give it to Black Shadow? That way F-Zero gets another rep & there's another villain in the game.

Inkling & Wonder Red would rep both the Wii U & two new Nintendo IPs. I think both could potentially have really good movesets. Though, if Splatoon turns out to be bad the Inkling should be playable in Smash.

Bayonetta just got a Nintendo exclusive game that received amazing reviews. She'd also have one of hell of a moveset. I honestly think Nintendo might try to buy the franchise from Sega soon, so she would almost certainly happen if I'm right.

Capcom has been one of Nintendo's biggest third party supporters, so I think it's right that they get another rep. If it wasn't for Street Fighter II, Smash Bros wouldn't exist & the various versions of SFII were some of the highest selling SNES games so I think Ryu's spot would be justified. Phoenix Wright has almost exclusively been on Nintendo handhelds & continues to do so, he's probably more Nintendo than even Mega Man.

Castlevania was one of the premiere series on the NES & SNES, so Simon would fit in perfectly alongside Mario, Link, Samus & Mega Man.

Rayman is a fantastic character who'd have a nice little moveset. The fact that he has a trophy in Smash Wii U & that fake leak really made me interested in seeing how Rayman would play. Also we could have a Pac-Man vs Mega Man vs Rayman fight!

Today's news about Phil Spencer supporting Banjo in Smash is fantastic. Banjo would fit in so well & would be a great rep for the N64 since Rare damn near dominated that console. I'd like for Banjo to bring Master Chief (who IMO is the most iconic video game character not already in Smash Bros) along with him, but that may be a bit TOO far fetched.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Captain Toad
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Waluigi
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Link
Zelda
Sheik
Impa
Skull Kid

Ganon (Modified moveset)
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Waddle Dee
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Lucina (Modified moveset)
Playable character from the latest Fire Emblem before Smash 5
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Charizard
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Pokemon from the latest game before Smash 5
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt
Mach Rider or Excite Bike Racer
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow (Takes some of Ganon's old moveset)
Ness
Lucas
Olimar
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Shulk
Inkling
Wonder Red
Character from a New IP that comes out between now & Smash 5

Pac-Man
Sonic
Bayonetta
Mega Man
Phoenix Wright or Ryu (Street Fighter)
Solid Snake
Simon Belmont
Rayman
Banjo & Kazooie (If Phil Spencer is still head of Xbox by Smash 5 or if the next head is just as cool)

New additions are in bold obviously.

Now for my reasons for adding characters:

Captain Toad gets added because Toad deserves to be in the game & it might as well be the version that just got a new game that could potentially be a new sub-series.

Waluigi is a popular character that could serves as a rep for the various Mario spin-offs. He could have moves based on Mario Kart (using MK items), Mario Party & the various sports games.

The Donkey Kong series definitely needs more reps, Dixie & King K Rool are the most popular picks & for a reason. Dixie has been in a majority of the games & even a star of one. While, K. Rool would add a much needed villain to the roster.

The Zelda series definitely needs some reps that aren't Link/Zelda/Ganon. Impa & Skull Kid seem like good choices; Impa could have moves based off of Hyrule Warriors & Skull Kid could be a nice N64 rep which there aren't any currently.

Metroid also needs more reps, preferably one who isn't a Samus. Ridley is really the only choice. Screw the "LE RIDLEY IS LE 2BIG" meme, he can easily be scaled down to being a bit taller than Bowser. He could have a unique moveset too as he'd be a reverse Little Mac & be better in the air than on the ground.

Waddle Dee is another popular choice & it'd be nice to get another Kirby rep.

The Fire Emblem & Pokemon choices are a bit obvious as those series get new reps in each game since Melee.

Mach Rider or the Excite Biker would be another NES rep. I think it'd be unique to find a way to get a racing game character in the game with a moveset based around racing (Sorry Cap!).

I think it's about time that Ganon got a more Zelda accurate moveset, but at the same time his playstyle has gained a following so why not give it to Black Shadow? That way F-Zero gets another rep & there's another villain in the game.

Inkling & Wonder Red would rep both the Wii U & two new Nintendo IPs. I think both could potentially have really good movesets. Though, if Splatoon turns out to be bad the Inkling should be playable in Smash.

Bayonetta just got a Nintendo exclusive game that received amazing reviews. She'd also have one of hell of a moveset. I honestly think Nintendo might try to buy the franchise from Sega soon, so she would almost certainly happen if I'm right.

Capcom has been one of Nintendo's biggest third party supporters, so I think it's right that they get another rep. If it wasn't for Street Fighter II, Smash Bros wouldn't exist & the various versions of SFII were some of the highest selling SNES games so I think Ryu's spot would be justified. Phoenix Wright has almost exclusively been on Nintendo handhelds & continues to do so, he's probably more Nintendo than even Mega Man.

Castlevania was one of the premiere series on the NES & SNES, so Simon would fit in perfectly alongside Mario, Link, Samus & Mega Man.

Rayman is a fantastic character who'd have a nice little moveset. The fact that he has a trophy in Smash Wii U & that fake leak really made me interested in seeing how Rayman would play. Also we could have a Pac-Man vs Mega Man vs Rayman fight!

Today's news about Phil Spencer supporting Banjo in Smash is fantastic. Banjo would fit in so well & would be a great rep for the N64 since Rare damn near dominated that console. I'd like for Banjo to bring Master Chief (who IMO is the most iconic video game character not already in Smash Bros) along with him, but that may be a bit TOO far fetched.

And Robin?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I'd start with the SSB4 roster (including all announced DLC), then:
-drop Jigglypuff, Diddy Kong, Goth Pit, and Career Day Mario
-add Wolf, Krystal, Midna, Ghirahim, Ridley (bite me), Takamaru, Genesect, and Amaterasu
-combine the split transformations back to their rightful state (mapping the transformation to a taunt rather than taking up a move slot)
-change Bowser Jr.'s moveset to something brush-centric and Wario's to something derived from Wario Land

Also if I were in charge of all future rosters, I'd ensure that Mewtwo and Lucario never got the axe.

-add Wolf, Krystal, Midna, Ghirahim, Ridley (bite me), Takamaru, Genesect, and Amaterasu
-combine the split transformations back to their rightful state (mapping the transformation to a taunt rather than taking up a move slot)
-change Bowser Jr.'s moveset to something brush-centric and Wario's to something derived from Wario Land

Also if I were in charge of all future rosters, I'd ensure that Mewtwo and Lucario never got the axe.
*cutting diddy kong*

im sorry wut? Most of the community is pissed about dk get shafted this game (as they rightly should be angry about ) and you want to bring dk down to 1 character.

Seems like someone got hoo haa'd one too many times

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Yeah, disliking a playstyle isn't a reason to cut a character as much as one to change it.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
*cutting diddy kong*

im sorry wut? Most of the community is pissed about dk get shafted this game (as they rightly should be angry about ) and you want to bring dk down to 1 character.

Seems like someone got hoo haa'd one too many times
Then write your own list. I put mine together based on my preferences, and I've never been interested in the DK stuff. Diddy in particular is irritating and I don't like his look.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Then write your own list. I put mine together based on my preferences, and I've never been interested in the DK stuff. Diddy in particular is irritating and I don't like his look.
Incoming pissed off DK fanboys in 3, 2, 1....

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Keeping one DK and 4 FE characters? That's kinda a stretch there

Troykv

Smash Master

Cut Diddy? I don't much like the character, but I think leaving Donkey Kong with just one character would seem a sub-series of Mario ... Well, I really don't care that xD

And what happened with Lucina?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
<see below>

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
My attempt of a Roster. It comes out to 71 character slots (74 in total) namely due to there not being a nicer layout for it all. Omit Chibi-Robo to fit into the normal bound of the challenge if this is too glaring.

Key: Blue = Starting Vet, Red = Unlockable Vet, Green = Starting Newcomer, Yellow = Unlockable

Roster Changelog
Returns: Icies, SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE ALREADY.

Cuts: Lucina is demoted to an Alt to Marth. Honestly the only throwaway character for reasons I'll elaborate.

Newcomers: Captain Toad - Eh... there's enough demand for him and he has potential enough.
Paper Mario: Basically a less hopeful Captain Toad, based on how his series has been since Brawl.
Bandana Dee: First Lance/Spear user for the series, 4th protagonist for Kirby..... should have a yellow border.
Dixie: Semi-Clone of Diddy, takes the blowgn from Tiny Kong in DK64 for neutral B and has her haircopter for recovery.
King K. Rool: Honestly one of the most deserving newcomers.
Waluigi: Very Quirky and mechanical/gimmicky moveset based on his appearances in the spinoffs.
Ashley: Can't really do wrong with a mage when that archetype is small in the game, represents Warioware while Waluigi is a bit more classic wario.
Chorus Men: Rhythm Heaven Hype. Beat the Beat! Also a musical fighter with the theme of rhythm and harmony has enough potential for me.
Ganon: The Heavyweight Projectile-y character with a fair bit of range for being slow and clunky. 2 Links, 2 Zeldas, 2 Ganons.
"Newcomer": Someone from Xenoblade-X, we'll need to see the overall game more before cementing on whom. In case no character/the game strikes out enough, could easily be replaced with another character to represent a new series.
Isaac: Honestly no real reason to refuse the Magiknight. He's high in demand and potential.
Inkling: Basically a guarrentee. I obviously support them.
"Pokemon": Grass starter or other major pokemon from Gen 7/8, completes the starter trio.
Anna: Most reoccuring character in Fire Emblem, have a bit of a joke moveset mostly revolving around her trade as a shopkeep and her love of money.
"Fire Emblem": Major FE-IF or FE15 character, just kinda par for the course.
Chibi-Robo: I honestly just needed a seat filler. Has enough variety for a good enough character.
Mii Fighter Type 4: Miigician! I swear I have a fixation for magic users being added.
Donbe & Hikari: Text-based adventures, some of the oldest game types. Retros big enough for Captain Rainbow and would have a moveset most based on japanese culture and history, as their game was.
Black Mage: Square Enix rep that's been in a few Mario spinoffs so far, seems like a perfect note

And now for why only one was cut and leaving two major sore thumbs, the De-Cloning!

Doctor Mario: Pills now fire straight like Luigi, more akin to the way they would simply drop in his game. Generally made a bit slower but higher in damage. Him retaining the "old mario" moveset keeps him in as much as I may dislike the character visually.
Toon Link: I'm honestly fine with him being as he is, properties changed to the moveset on a character with a different feel due to size and weight.
Lucas: See Project M's version.
Lucario/Mewtwo: Don't really share similarities to even be considered.
Dark Pit: Neutral B changed to Dark Pit staff, has a charge shot more akin to Bowser Jr's cannon. Down B is a Cannon which fires a lobbed shot like a mixture of PK-Fire (explosive remainder) and the Mii Gunner's mine launcher. Grabs are changed with the usage of a Palm.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
My attempt of a Roster. It comes out to 71 character slots (74 in total) namely due to there not being a nicer layout for it all. Omit Chibi-Robo to fit into the normal bound of the challenge if this is too glaring.

Key: Blue = Starting Vet, Red = Unlockable Vet, Green = Starting Newcomer, Yellow = Unlockable

Roster Changelog

Cuts: Lucina is demoted to an Alt to Marth. Honestly the only throwaway character for reasons I'll elaborate.

Newcomers: Captain Toad - Eh... there's enough demand for him and he has potential enough.
Paper Mario: Basically a less hopeful Captain Toad, based on how his series has been since Brawl.
Bandana Dee: First Lance/Spear user for the series, 4th protagonist for Kirby..... should have a yellow border.
Dixie: Semi-Clone of Diddy, takes the blowgn from Tiny Kong in DK64 for neutral B and has her haircopter for recovery.
Waluigi: Very Quirky and mechanical/gimmicky moveset based on his appearances in the spinoffs.
Ashley: Can't really do wrong with a mage when that archetype is small in the game, represents Warioware while Waluigi is a bit more classic wario.
Chorus Men: Rhythm Heaven Hype. Beat the Beat! Also a musical fighter with the theme of rhythm and harmony has enough potential for me.
Ganon: The Heavyweight Projectile-y character with a fair bit of range for being slow and clunky. 2 Links, 2 Zeldas, 2 Ganons.
"Newcomer": Someone from Xenoblade-X, we'll need to see the overall game more before cementing on whom. In case no character/the game strikes out enough, could easily be replaced with another character to represent a new series.
Isaac: Honestly no real reason to refuse the Magiknight. He's high in demand and potential.
"Pokemon": Grass starter or other major pokemon from Gen 7/8, completes the starter trio.
Anna: Most reoccuring character in Fire Emblem, have a bit of a joke moveset mostly revolving around her trade as a shopkeep and her love of money.
Chibi-Robo: I honestly just needed a seat filler. Has enough variety for a good enough character.
Mii Fighter Type 4: Miigician! I swear I have a fixation for magic users being added.
Donbe & Hikari: Text-based adventures, some of the oldest game types. Retros big enough for Captain Rainbow and would have a moveset most based on japanese culture and history, as their game was.
Black Mage: Square Enix rep that's been in a few Mario spinoffs so far, seems like a perfect note

And now for why only one was cut and leaving two major sore thumbs, the De-Cloning!

Doctor Mario: Pills now fire straight like Luigi, more akin to the way they would simply drop in his game. Generally made a bit slower but higher in damage. Him retaining the "old mario" moveset keeps him in as much as I may dislike the character visually.
Toon Link: I'm honestly fine with him being as he is, properties changed to the moveset on a character with a different feel due to size and weight.
Dark Pit: Neutral B changed to Dark Pit staff, has a charge shot more akin to Bowser Jr's cannon. Down B is a Cannon which fires a lobbed shot like a mixture of PK-Fire (explosive remainder) and the Mii Gunner's mine launcher. Grabs are changed with the usage of a Palm.
Yaaaay someone lists Hikari in their list for once!
While I think three Wario characters and two Xeno characters might be a little too much, but other than that I'm content. 8/10.

Troykv

Smash Master

Roster Changelog

And... You will changes Doc and Pittoo's Final Smash?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yaaaay someone lists Hikari in their list for once!
While I think three Wario characters and two Xeno characters might be a little too much, but other than that I'm content. 8/10.
My Grounds for Wario is 4 major Wario Land titles, the lackluster Wario World, the disappointing Master of Disguise, the great Wario Land: Shake It! and 7 titles in Warioware. Him only standing with himself is a disappointment with a significant line of titles associated with him, overshadowed by cries for another Zelda and Metroid rep most often. A bit of bias, I'm aware. That newcomer slot... as I said is "reserved" for if X does greatly, making the duology after the great work that the makers have done with the Xenosaga titles somewhat equivilent to Mother and its representation. I understand it's not for everyone.

And... You will changes Doc and Pittoo's Final Smash?
Doc's final smash is underwhelming but really doesn't need a change from where ti is. If anything, Mario's should while Doc retains the old... as is the general point of him. Dark Pit having his Light Arrow knock off isn't an issue for me and really the only change I'd suggest is having him basically become a massive brawler while piloting a Cherubot.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
1. Keep every character except Miis. Also remove Toon Link AKA Gay. **** Gay*.
2. Add Shantae.

3. Add Waluigi.

4. Get the game out into the stores.

5. PROFIT!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

How about I drop you? On your head? :smirk:

Cutting Diddy for Midna, Genesect, Ghirahim, Ridley... :rolleyes: I hope you do know that Donkey Kong Country is better known than Zelda, StarFox and Metroid? Diddy is a much better known character than anything you mentoined and much more popular, and has appeared in far more games.

You're in deep denial if you ever think he's gonna get cut. :4diddy:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While dropping Diddy because you don't like him is ridiculous, it's a huge exaggeration to say that Donkey Kong Country is better known than Zelda.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Cutting Diddy for Midna, Genesect, Ghirahim, Ridley... :rolleyes: I hope you do know that Donkey Kong Country is better known than Zelda, StarFox and Metroid? Diddy is a much better known character than anything you mentoined and much more popular, and has appeared in far more games.

Zelda is the third most popular franchise behind Mario and Pokemon...That is why we get a new zelda game in some form or another released almost every year...Donkey Kong may be more well known due to its association with the Mario series, but the games themselves are not nearly as popular as Zelda....
I agree that it is unlikely that Diddy will ever get cut, but try to respect peoples opinions whether or not you agree with them...

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64

Green: Newcomer
Yellow: DLC

Reasoning:
K Rool and Dixie because Dk needs love
Cranky because i think Dixie or K Rool will be Sm4sh DLC
Waluigi: nice character with many fans
Cpt. Toad: New Spin Off also better choice than Toad
Medusa: Villains and females needed, she is both
Hades: Villains needed also good choice for DLC
Ganon: 2 Links 2 Zeldas 2 Ganons (villain)
Impa: most interessting Zelda newcomer and no one shot
Ridley: He is not too big
Sceptile: Grass starter, has big potential
7th gen Pokemon: because 7th gen Pokemon
Rayman: only 3rd party i see on the same level as Sonic, Megaman and Pac-man
Bandana Dee: only popular Kirby character left
Krystal: finally a non Fox based StarFox character
Alph: I needed to fill the roster also he could be a last minute addition and Pikmin is a big franchise
FE Rep: cut Lucina --> new rep from a new title
Isaac: Golden Sun deserves a character Isaac is the best choice
Chorus Men: Franchise without playable character gets one
Inkling: New IP --> new character

EDIT: Image won't show up
So i will describe my Roster.
It is the Smash 4 Roster without Lucina and Dr. Mario
and with the Characters below added.

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

hahaha.png

this comment isn't even worth a response

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
May as well make a new post, really;

64: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ness, Fox
Melee: Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, Roy, Pichu, Young Link as an alt for Toon Link), Marth, Bowser, Peach, Falco, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch
Brawl: Lucas, Wolf, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Toon Link, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Pit, Ike, Wario, Charizard, Lucario
3DS/Wii U: Little Mac, Villager, Duck Hunt, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Bowser Jr., Palutena, Robin, Mii Fighters, Greninja

Brawl: Sonic, Snake
3DS/Wii U: Pac-Man, Mega Man

Dark Pit - Cut due to similarities to Pit. Remains in game as an alternate costume, like Alph, to appease the fans.
Lucina - Same as above. Alternate costume for Marth.
R.O.B - Isn't technically a video game character, but remains a DLC possibility in case people want him enough.

Ridley - A highly popular request, and would easily push sales further with his inclusion as a household name. Everybody who knows Metroid knows about Ridley. Would also be a unique fighter due to his brutal, savage fighting style. Would probably get a voice actor simply because of the fact that he can canonically speak. Final Smash could be Hyper Mode or Varia Ridley. Animations could be based on felines to enhance his more feral nature compared to other villains. Comes in Classic, Ridley X, Mecha-Ridley and Roidley costumes, and his home stage would be based on Norfair.

King K.Rool - Another extremely popular request for Smash. The main villain of the Donkey Kong franchise, King K.Rool would be a great addition to the roster, and would absolutely be unique from other characters. He's top dog in the Fighter Ballot for a reason. ;P Final Smash could be summoning KAOS to the battlefield akin to Zamus' Gunship. Home stage is obviously Gangplank Galleon.

Mii Mage - A fourth class of Mii Fighter, all of the Mii Mage's special moves are magic-based. Carries a sword for close-range combat, but excels in spacing. People want more Mii classes, so this is my way of pleasing them. Plus it makes the Mage Robes and Wizard Hat more sensical. :p

Takamaru: Nintendo Land has increased America's awareness of Takamaru, so I find him a logical inclusion for the next game in the series. He could use various forms of Japanese weaponry (katanas, shurikens, kunai, etc) in his moveset to make him a unique fighter. Murasame Castle would be his stage.

Other Newcomers (ones that I want in, but can't really explain): Sceptile, Medusa

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
May as well make a new post, really;

64: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ness, Fox
Melee: Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, Roy, Pichu, Young Link as an alt for Toon Link), Marth, Bowser, Peach, Falco, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf
Brawl: Lucas, Wolf, Diddy Kong, Olimar, Toon Link, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Pit, Ike, Wario, Charizard
3DS/Wii U: Little Mac, Villager, Duck Hunt, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Bowser Jr., Palutena, Robin, Mii Fighters, Greninja

Brawl: Sonic, Snake
3DS/Wii U: Pac-Man, Mega Man

Dark Pit - Cut due to similarities to Pit. Remains in game as an alternate costume, like Alph, to appease the fans.
Lucina - Same as above. Alternate costume for Marth.
R.O.B - Isn't technically a video game character, but remains a DLC possibility in case people want him enough.

Ridley - A highly popular request, and would easily push sales further with his inclusion as a household name. Everybody who knows Metroid knows about Ridley. Would also be a unique fighter due to his brutal, savage fighting style. Would probably get a voice actor simply because of the fact that he can canonically speak. Final Smash could be Hyper Mode or Varia Ridley. Animations could be based on felines to enhance his more feral nature compared to other villains. Comes in Classic, Ridley X, Mecha-Ridley and Roidley costumes, and his home stage would be based on Norfair.

King K.Rool - Another extremely popular request for Smash. The main villain of the Donkey Kong franchise, King K.Rool would be a great addition to the roster, and would absolutely be unique from other characters. He's top dog in the Fighter Ballot for a reason. ;P Final Smash could be summoning KAOS to the battlefield akin to Zamus' Gunship. Home stage is obviously Gangplank Galleon.

Mii Mage - A fourth class of Mii Fighter, all of the Mii Mage's special moves are magic-based. Carries a sword for close-range combat, but excels in spacing. People want more Mii classes, so this is my way of pleasing them. Plus it makes the Mage Robes and Wizard Hat more sensical. :p

Takamaru: Nintendo Land has increased America's awareness of Takamaru, so I find him a logical inclusion for the next game in the series. He could use various forms of Japanese weaponry (katanas, shurikens, kunai, etc) in his moveset to make him a unique fighter. Murasame Castle would be his stage.

Other Newcomers (ones that I want in, but can't really explain): Sceptile, Medusa
What happened with Lucario and Mr. Game & Watch?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
If I do a roster to Smash...

Mmm...

Smash 4 Base Roster (48 + Miis) and

Vet and Cuts:

+ Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Roy, (Ryu?)
- (Lucina? I think that she is cool... but, I don't know.), (Not Sure about Dark Pit)

Newcomers:

King K. Rool
Takamaru
Isaac
Inkling
(Maybe Ridley)
(Maybe Another Kong)
A New Pokémon,
A Fire Emblem Characters (I want to say Micaiah but I'm not sure).

Other Things:

A New Mii Fighter, Mage Style
Wario probably must have a Shoulder Bash as a Custom Move or as the Vanilla one.
DP needs more things to be different
More Luigification! *Insert Toon Link, Roy, Ganondorf, Falco, Lucina and DP here*

Last edited:
Smash 4 roster + confirmed DLC (51 + 4)
Cuts: Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit (demoted to alts)
Returning: Wolf, Ice Climbers

Newcomers:
Captain Toad
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ridley
Kamek
Bandana Dee
7th Generation Pokemon
Isaac
Inkling
Chibi-Robo

Ganondorf gets unique moveset.

65 characters total

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"-No more than 2 newcomers to a series. This is simply to avoid oversaturation of a series with representatives."

Aw. I would have Beastman, Goroh ( from AT to fighter ), Pico and Black Shadow as new F-zero fighters. And then Blood Falcon actually replacing C. Falcon's red color.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"-No more than 2 newcomers to a series. This is simply to avoid oversaturation of a series with representatives."

Aw. I would have Beastman, Goroh ( from AT to fighter ), Pico and Black Shadow as new F-zero fighters. And then Blood Falcon actually replacing C. Falcon's red color.
Wouldn't Beastman be a perfect grappler with sniping possibilities? After all, this is a guy who fought dangerous animals for a living.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't Beastman be a perfect grappler with sniping possibilities? After all, this is a guy who fought dangerous animals for a living.
I see Beastman as a kicker that does somersaults and powerful foot-to-your-face kinda stuff. Pico should be the guy with laser-pointing sniper rifles and other guns suitable for a alien hitman.

Edit: Perhaps Beastman's final smash would not just involve his Hyper Speeder but after sending the foe flying from the runover,
-snipe!- Owch!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Resubmitting because I can

(:4mario::4drmario:):4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario2::rosalina:(:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:)
Toad* Waluigi*:4dk::4diddy:King K. Rool*
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4mewtwo:Sceptile* Zoroark*:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik::4tlink:Midna* Impa*
:4samus::4zss:Dark Samus* Ridley* (:4pit::4darkpit:):4palutena::4littlemac:(:4olimar::4alph:)
:4fox::4falco:(:wolf:^) Krystal*:4falcon:(:4marth::4lucina:):4myfriends:(:4robinm::4robinf:)(:roypm:^) FE IF avatar*
:4ness::4lucas::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:Magolor* (:popo:^):4rob::4duckhunt:(:4villager::4villagerf:):4shulk::4gaw:Isaac* Inkling*
:4sonic:Tails*:4megaman:Ryu*:4pacman:(:snake:^) Banjo Kazooie* Crash Bandicoot* Shantae*
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

Veterans^
Newcomers*

^Wolf, Ice Climbers, Roy (Our Boy!), Snake returning veterans
*Toad should've been in smash to begin with
*Waluigi completes the bros. rivalry
*King K Rool added
*Sceptile and Zoroark added
*Midna and Impa added
*Dark Samus and Ridley added (I make Ridley work)
*Krystal added
*New FE IF avatar added (no such thing as too many sword users :p, plus they can turn into a F@CKing DRAGON)
*Magolor added
*Isaac added
*Inkling added
*Tails added
*Ryu added
*Banjo Kazooie added
*Crash Bandicoot added because I wanted to
*Shantae added because I wanted to
:substitute:
-Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario demoted to alt. Costumes (as they should be)
-Wii Fit Trainer demoted to an assist trophy (srry WFT fans but she/he gots to go)
-Toon Link updated moveset (including Deku Leaf Up B, and Skull Hammer Down B and King of the Red Lions Final Smash, similar to Snake's and ZSS's FS)
-A Link Between Worlds Link alt. for Toon Link
-Ganondorf updated moveset, with 'Dead Man's Volley' Projectile and a better recovery
-Hyrule Warriors alts for Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa
-Samus updated moveset (morph ball crouch and crawl added, rapid firing neutral B, charge bomb for power bomb, repeating screw attack, better fastfall speed)
-Roy updated moveset (updated to semi-clone)
-Sonic updated moveset (new down B bounce, max 4 bounces, seriously side b and down b are almost the same move)
-Other Assist Trophies added; Vaati, Kraid, Chun Li, Bandanna Dee (srry fans), Captain Toad, Rundas, Gruntilda, Neo Cortex, Risky Boots, Quote

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
May as well do some new stuff due to the Roy/Ryu stuff.

Returning characters (not counting DLC beyond Ryu/Roy):
Everyone except Squirtle, Ivysaur, Young Link, Pichu and Roy (if he isn't unique enough as DLC in SSB4). Even Ryu. Won't comment on him though.

Changes to characters:
- Give Ganondorf more use of his sword and Dead Man's Volley. Beast Ganon is the OoT version.
- Lucina has her appearance changed to that of her Great Lord and gains skills (Aether, Aegis, Pavise, Galeforce (the latter 3 work like Shulk's Monado arts)), a Shield (Like Link) and a few movement changes. Gains Cut-in for Final Smash and Chrom alts.
- Robin get's the corresponding Morgan in the Pair Up Final Smash as a result.
- Dark Pit get's use of other weapons from Kid Icarus Uprising
- 3 changes to Shulk's Monado Arts. 1. Buster is correctly named Enchant. 2. Shield is correctly named Armour. 3. Speed also improves the dodging ability. Jump and Smash are the same. Buster is yelled as he completes his Chain Attack which features Reyn instead of Riki (complete with "Now it's Reyn time!")
- Dr Mario incorporates more elements of the Dr Mario games into his moveset
- Snake Pilots Metal Gear REX for his final Smash.

Newcomers:

Ridley: We've waited far too long for the fearsome Space Dragon to be playable in Smash and the excuse given for his exclusion this time is full of rubbish. For the fans.

Dark Samus: Pulls a Little Mac and utilises Phazon in various ways for it's attacks such as the spikes and Phazon Energy Balls

Sylux: He/She/It is a fan favourite from Hunters with the possible cameo in Corruption. A more Electric based fighter that isn't a rodent.

Rundas: We need more Ice fighters and this fan favourite is one of the few great options. Also voiced by Christopher Sabat

King K Rool: Pretty much the argument for Ridley minus the BS excuse.

Dixie Kong: Diddy's girlfriend. She would fight using her Hair to attack and maybe her Guitar if I wanted to get creative.

Isaac: "OMG another animu sword user!" Funny considering Isaac is more of a Psynergy user of the Venus Adept variant. Uses nature to fight. Speaking of which...

Viridi: The Goddess of Nature. A scythe wielder also using Nature to attack would bring a fair bit to the table no?

Hades: The Lord of the Underworld comes out to troll the roster. Souls, Trolling, Playful personality. What's not to love?

Waluigi: Promotion. I think it's time the Wa! Got time to shine. Fights using various sports equipment and a whip (See Mario Strikers Charged).

Impa: Based more so on her Hyrule Warriors design and uses Water in battle too. IGN disapproves immediately

Krystal: Fights using a staff and calling on her dino buddies to help out.

Magolor: C-R-O-W-N-E-D. That is all.

Rayman: For the fans. Another gaming icon to add to the roster.

Simon Belmont: Joins Snake as a (recently down the ****ter) Konami rep. Uses his Vampire killing tools to fight.

Gillius Thunderhead: An Axe user from the most unlikely of places (Hector fans in 3.2.1) with some Electricity to bolster it.

Nightmare (Soul Calibur): Link vs Nightmare Round 2. One of the key characters in the SC story and a villain to boot.

Tiki: Representing the Manakete of the Fire Emblem series with numerous appearances across the games.

Anna: The merchant of the FE series appearing in all but one game so far.

Porky - Antagonist of two Mother games and is seemingly a joke character until the Spider Mech gets involved.

Giegue - "But he's too similar to Mewtwo!" In terms of design. Let's get the other big bad of the Mother series involved shall we? No Bias at all. I swear.

Cross - The avatar character of Xenoblade X. Features the ability of swapping between ranged and up close attacks. Skell is the final smash.

Xenoblade Spoilers follow

Seven - The seventh and arguably second most important member of the party. Shulk's childhood friend and love interest (poor Melia!). Fights using dual swords and houses the power of a God that can be unleashed for a Final Smash.

DLC
Zelgius

Xenoblade Spoilers
Mumkhar

Medusa
Trace
Captain Syrup
Cranky Kong
Ghirahim
Scorpion
Pico

Last edited:

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
I would include a new type of character... something less than clones but more than alt costumes. These characters would share hitboxes, stats, and physical attacks, while having unique models, voices/taunts, on-screen names/chants, and some unique specials or special variations, or other minor changes. Think of it like an alt costume (alph) combined with unique custom character attributes. I call these characters "Variants", and they do not appear on the CSS; they are selected beneath the character they are a variation on.

So my roster, with these Variants in parenthesis, and newcomers in bold:
Mario (Dr. Mario), Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Wario
Link, Zelda, Impa (Sheik), Ganondorf, Toon Link, Tetra
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool (Lord Fredrik)
Samus (Dark Samus), Zero Suit Samus, Ridley
Pit (Dark Pit), Palutena (Medusa)
Marth (Lucina), Ike (Some new rando), Robin
Fox (Falco), Peppy (Slippy), Wolf
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, New Pokemon,
Captain Falcon, Black Shadow
Ness (Lucas, Ninten), Villager, Captain Olimar (Alph), Little Mac, Inkling, Andy (Sami), Other Newcomer
Mr Game and Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, The Virtual Boy
Pac-man, Mega Man, Sonic, Several new Third Parties

Other Details and Reasoning:
-After getting two newcomers in For, I think the Mario series is good for a game. However, Wario should be given more Land moves
-Zelda reps have been stagnant since Melee, so mix it up. Replace Sheik with Impa (and Sheik becomes a Variant), give Ganondorf a new moveset (his old Falcondorf set goes to Black Shadow for a new F-Zero rep), and add Tetra as a toon partner for T. Link
-The Donkey Kong series deserves more characters. Alongside Dixie and K. Rool, Lord Fredrik could be grafted onto K. Rool's moveset as a Variant.
-Alongside Ridley (who could possibly cannibalize some aspects of Charizard now that I've cut him), Dark Samus should be a Variant with Phazon specials
-Dark Pit is a Variant for Pit, while Medusa joins as a Variant for Palutena.
-Make Lucina or Roy a Variant on Marth, and possible include a new character as a Variant as well
-Downgrade Falco to a Variant, and add Peppy/Slippy. They would both be slower more technical fighters, with really high jumping game (Rabbits and Frogs are high jumpers). With the four of them and Wolf, you've got all the original pilots and a villain
-Pokemon... I'm not sure about. I'm sure that Greninja should be cut, and Charizard feels out of place without a grass and water starter. It'd be nice to have an on foot Trainer with costumes for other generations, and obviously a newcomer pokemon will be included.
-Lucas is downgraded to a Ness Variant, and is joined by Ninten to complete the trio. Inkling, Andy from Advance Wars (with a Sami Variant), and another new series newcomer also join the fray, however, Shulk and Wii Fit Trainer may not return.
-I added The Virtual Boy as a WTF Retro character. I'd also expect a couple more Third Party reps.
That brings the roster to: 54 Unique movesets (39 veteran movesets and 15 newcomers), with 14 Variants.

I would include a new type of character... something less than clones but more than alt costumes. These characters would share hitboxes, stats, and physical attacks, while having unique models, voices/taunts, on-screen names/chants, and some unique specials or special variations, or other minor changes. Think of it like an alt costume (alph) combined with unique custom character attributes. I call these characters "Variants", and they do not appear on the CSS; they are selected beneath the character they are a variation on.

So my roster, with these Variants in parenthesis, and newcomers in bold:
Mario (Dr. Mario), Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Wario
Link, Zelda, Impa (Sheik), Ganondorf, Toon Link, Tetra
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool (Lord Fredrik)
Samus (Dark Samus), Zero Suit Samus, Ridley
Pit (Dark Pit), Palutena (Medusa)
Marth (Lucina), Ike (Some new rando), Robin
Fox (Falco), Peppy (Slippy), Wolf
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, New Pokemon,
Captain Falcon, Black Shadow
Ness (Lucas, Ninten), Villager, Captain Olimar (Alph), Little Mac, Inkling, Andy (Sami), Other Newcomer
Mr Game and Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, The Virtual Boy
Pac-man, Mega Man, Sonic, Several new Third Parties

Other Details and Reasoning:
-After getting two newcomers in For, I think the Mario series is good for a game. However, Wario should be given more Land moves
-Zelda reps have been stagnant since Melee, so mix it up. Replace Sheik with Impa (and Sheik becomes a Variant), give Ganondorf a new moveset (his old Falcondorf set goes to Black Shadow for a new F-Zero rep), and add Tetra as a toon partner for T. Link
-The Donkey Kong series deserves more characters. Alongside Dixie and K. Rool, Lord Fredrik could be grafted onto K. Rool's moveset as a Variant.
-Alongside Ridley (who could possibly cannibalize some aspects of Charizard now that I've cut him), Dark Samus should be a Variant with Phazon specials
-Dark Pit is a Variant for Pit, while Medusa joins as a Variant for Palutena.
-Make Lucina or Roy a Variant on Marth, and possible include a new character as a Variant as well
-Downgrade Falco to a Variant, and add Peppy/Slippy. They would both be slower more technical fighters, with really high jumping game (Rabbits and Frogs are high jumpers). With the four of them and Wolf, you've got all the original pilots and a villain
-Pokemon... I'm not sure about. I'm sure that Greninja should be cut, and Charizard feels out of place without a grass and water starter. It'd be nice to have an on foot Trainer with costumes for other generations, and obviously a newcomer pokemon will be included.
-Lucas is downgraded to a Ness Variant, and is joined by Ninten to complete the trio. Inkling, Andy from Advance Wars (with a Sami Variant), and another new series newcomer also join the fray, however, Shulk and Wii Fit Trainer may not return.
-I added The Virtual Boy as a WTF Retro character. I'd also expect a couple more Third Party reps.
That brings the roster to: 54 Unique movesets (39 veteran movesets and 15 newcomers), with 14 Variants.
You forgot Kirby, MK and Dedede.

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Ah you're right! I didn't mean to cut them, yes, Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede should be on that roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom